Start by marking “Long Live Earth” as Want to Read:
Long Live Earth

Long Live Earth

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Want to be part of the solution? Join Long Live Earth in celebrating it's 20th Anniversary!

Originally published by Scholastic in 1993 and uniquely illustrated with hand stitched quilt squares this reflective tale is more timely, and more important, than ever...

Embark on a lyrical journey which begins at Earth's very beginning, explores what people have done to our planet
Paperback, 20th Anniversary Edition, 32 pages
Published December 2nd 2013 by Oliben Press (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Long Live Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Live Earth

Kat Ward
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Long Live Earth not only has a most pertinent message, but the artistic work in the quilts made by the author are impressive. Her rhyming is sweet, funny, silly, and potent, yet easy enough for toddlers and young kids to understand. It should be in every elementary school library and classroom and on every home bookshelf. It's a feel good book encouraging kids to care and take action without being preachy. Its bright colors and wonderful quilt pictures made it a must read for my girl when she wa ...more
Caylina
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, children
First read winner.

I thought this book was very cute and helps raise good points on what we can do to help our environment and world. It is easy for a child to understand how they can help. I cannot imagine how long it took to make each quilt square. The amount of detail is unbelievable. I am very honored to have received this since it was out of print for so many years. I am glad that it is back in print because this is a topic that we should be teaching our children today.
JC
Nov 08, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a quick and easy read. The stitchwork is pretty incredible that is done and the book is decent, but I did feel like it was trying a bit hard to drive it's point across. All the same, a decent read and still impressed by the stitchwork.
Isabel
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I was actually looking for something for my four year old sister to read but I didn't want to get her just anything, this book was perfect, it has a strong message and it is something that can we can read together.
Mary Beth
Apr 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this for Eath Day every year to the K kids--great book about taking care of the planet. Good for budding Evolutionists, too, as it references the earth being way older than 6000 years--and prehistoric man! The illustrations are actually quilt squares--beautiful.
Jan Greene
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents and teachers of kids K-5
Shelves: a-good-read, for-kids
A great book to remind kids about caring for the environment. The quilted artwork is pretty incredible too!
I will read this to each of my grandchildren.
Denise Murray Wong
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-reviewed
Morrison's son served as her inspiration for the rhythmically timed verses of this story of conservation appropriate for readers both young and not-so-young. Beautifully illustrated by original quiltwork lovingly created by Morrison, the meaningful poetic words communicate the importance of environmental conservation on every level- from reusing paper to addressing elected officials as concerned activists. While out of print for some time, Long Live Earth now has been re-released in celebration ...more
Karen Pajot
This book talks about taking care of the planet. It would be great to read on earth day and we could also start projects to help the planet, such as recycling.
Angela Cunningham
James Young
  • The Secret Shortcut
  • Allison
  • Popcultured: Thinking Christianly about Style, Media and Entertainment
  • Energetic Keys to Indigo Kids: Your Guide to Raising and Resonating With the New Children
  • All the Colors of the Earth
  • The Tub People
  • Just Juice
  • A Letter to Amy
  • Ten Black Dots
  • I'm God's Girl? Why Can't I Feel It?: Daily Biblical Encouragement to Defeat Depression & the Blues
  • LET'S TALK DEMENTIA-A Caregiver's Guide
  • The 9 1/2 Principles of Innovative Service
  • This Journey Is a Process
  • Make It a Party with Sizzix: Techniques and Ideas for Using Die-Cutting and Embossing Machines - Creative Ideas for Invitations, Decorations, and Gift Packaging
  • The PR Masterclass: How to Develop a Public Relations Strategy That Works!
  • Animal Rain
  • Soul Repair: Recovering from Moral Injury after War
  • Shadow of the Piper
Meighan Morrison studied fine art and illustration at Boston University and Parsons School of Design. Her award winning artwork has been exhibited internationally and is included in private collections around the world.

Her first children's book, Long Live Earth, was published in 1993 by Scholastic. A new 20th anniversary edition of Long Live Earth is due to be released in December.

Her second book,