Start by marking “Order of Earth (Elements of Ink, #1)” as Want to Read:
Order of Earth (Elements of Ink, #1)

Order of Earth

(Elements of Ink #1)

For Onyx Bay, what started as a cathartic ink session takes an unexpected turn when a specialized blood test at the tattoo parlor reveals her true identity, which threatens to turn her entire world upside down.

When Onyx learns that she is the descendant of a fantastical race of creatures who control the global elements, she discovers that her own blood makes her a
Published September 18th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Order of Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Order of Earth

Start your review of Order of Earth (Elements of Ink, #1)
Jennifer Cornet
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Deluxe Edition of this book combines the Order of Earth: Elements of Ink Book #1 with Journey to the Order, as well as bonus discussion questions. It’s a great combination that really lets the reader dive deep into the world of the Order. I highly recommend it.
Victoria Brinius
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I do not have any tattoos and after reading this book I do not think that I will ever get any. The Sci-fi universe that the author created took me to a new and different place. I enjoyed the plot of controlling the elements. There is a certain harmony and order to the universe and I was happy with how the author balanced it all out. This is the first book in a trilogy and I did feel as though there was a lot more coming that I was unaware of. This is definitely going to a series that I am going ...more
MJ
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-modern
this book started out different than I expected to with the main character escaping an abusive relationship. she gets mixed up with Orders (people belonging to one of the 4 elements with tattoos that come alive) then her blood is tested and shows she belongs to 3 herself. Thus she becomes a commodity everyone wants. even as I have finished the book now, I'm confused about several things. The book jumps around to different POVs and doesn't have consistent direction.
Sebastian Londoño Ramirez
The book starts like a normal book without sci-if, if you didn't read the synopsis you'll not imagine than the history has such imagination. Anyways it starts great and interesting, maybe is a little bored sometimes, but is because you're getting used to the magical world; Then you'll not get bored ever. Even if you don't have a lot imagination, when you read the book you imagine the whole world and it's awesome. I write this based in my experience; Is just my opinion.
Catherine Vickers
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it
The beginning is a good opening where we meet the main female character and the predicament she is in. I found that there were parts of the story I liked, and then other parts I just became a little confused with. This is a story with lots of different characters who have various powers, and I think I just got a bit lost with who could do what. Overall a good read
Jennifer Cornet
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Personally, I love this book. But then again, I wrote it. Order of Earth is a urban fantasy that takes place in South Beach, Miami. It follows Onyx Bay, a tattoo-covered 25 year old, on her fast paced journey through the mystical world of the Orders. Please let me know what you think! The print version should be available in a few weeks (with a giveaway to follow). Enjoy!
Angela
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love a book that can take me into a hidden world within our own. It was fast paced with great visual impact and interesting characters. It makes you wish you were a part of that world. I can't wait for book 2!
Janelle
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a freebie on Goodreads giveaways and I really enjoyed it. It's a very creative take on the supernatural using tattoos. The characters are very like able and I wanted the next book by the end. Will definitely purchase the next one and hope it comes out soon!
Jessica Bindt
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I got this book as part of the good reads giveaway. I really liked how the author is setting up the story line.
tom.a.gill
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
fun quick read.. right up my alley
Caro
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is so creative- if you want an actual surprising plot download this book. I'll never look at tattoos the same again!
Rani
T.J.
Feb 13, 2014
Anna
Aug 26, 2015
Jennifer Cornet grew up in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington D.C. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Ocean Engineering from Virginia Tech and works as a civil servant for the U.S. Navy designing DDG51 Destroyers. In 2013 she released the first book in her Elements of Ink series: Order of Earth. The follow up novel, Order of Fire, was published in 2015. When not writing, Jennifer spends her ...more

Elements of Ink (2 books)
  • Journey to the Order