Start by marking “The Reality Matrix Effect” as Want to Read:
The Reality Matrix Effect

The Reality Matrix Effect

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When newspaper copy editor Al Frederick is called back to work after a popular congressman is shot and killed in 1971, he is unprepared for the events that follow. A suddenly changed headline splits reality and sets Frederick's life—and the course of world history—on a new path.

Fifty years later, the world is at peace, running on clean electric power produced by generator
Published January 27th 2013 by Boo What Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Reality Matrix Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reality Matrix Effect

The Giver by Lois LowryLord of the Flies by William Golding1984 by George OrwellThe Phantom Tollbooth by Norton JusterThe Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
Books that Make You Say, "Hmm..."
24th out of 41 books — 19 voters
The Branches of Time by Luca  RossiGalactic Energies by Luca  RossiPresence by Perie WolfordCatori's Worlds by Murielle CyrHis Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
Parallel Universes
38th out of 96 books — 136 voters

More lists with this book...

Ben Mattlin
A delightful, easy, and breathtakingly fast read!

I'm not generally a fan of sci-fi, futuristic or what-if alternate-reality stories. But having read some of the author's newspaper columns and met her on occasion, I was intrigued.

To my delight, this story drew me in from page 1 and never let go. Just when you think you've got it all figured out, she throws in a twist. You're never really sure where it's going.

I confess to having a preference for Al and Rayna's overlapping story lines than the sub
Remus
I like the way the story is told, the book definitely gets you! I would describe it as "elegant", compared to other books out there. It just seems good writing. The story is captivating and complex, and the plot as well as the writing style keeps me connected to the story.
While technical details (it is SF after all) make the story interesting, the investigative skills of Al brings back the fun of old investigation movies. It is a very good mix.
If in doubt, at least try, you won't regret it!
Laura Mitchell
Apr 18, 2014 Laura Mitchell rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Since I am the author of this book, the rating I have posted here reflects not my own assessment of my work but rather the ratings at Amazon/Kindle. You can read the complete reviews, get a free preview and buy/download the book at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B78VR56. The book originally was published as a Kindle edition, but you don't need a Kindle device to read it. You can download a ***free*** Kindle reading app for just about any computer, tablet or smartphone (including both Android and iP ...more
Sean Randall
I'd hoped that, written by a journalist, this would've grabbed me. Unfortunately although it was an interesting idea I came away without really feeling much for the people.
Lindsay Johnson
Lindsay Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Vadim
Vadim marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Jjcannone
Jjcannone marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Emotonal Reads
Emotonal Reads marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Dodie Reed
Dodie Reed marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandra Cook
Alexandra Cook marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Janet Furnee
Janet Furnee marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Mikayla
Mikayla marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover Image Reverts to Old 2 25 Feb 26, 2014 06:30PM
Laura Remson Mitchell is a former newspaper reporter/copy editor, free-lance writer, public policy analyst and disability rights advocate. Her nonfiction work has appeared in the Valley News, Los Angeles Daily News, Los Angeles Times, California Journal, Capitol Weekly and other publications. A graduate of U.S. Grant High School in Van Nuys, California, and of California State University at Northr ...more
More about Laura Remson Mitchell...
Detours and Reminiscences Detours and Reminiscenses