Start by marking “Anthology Complex” as Want to Read:
Anthology Complex

Read Book

Anthology Complex

An individual who is physically unsubscribed to the world attempts to understand what it means to be human.
ebook
Published August 2nd 2013 by N/A

Tashia
May 11, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This book started out so strong. I immediately fell in love with it. However, I quickly tired of reading things that didn't make sense. It stopped being thought provoking around 1/4 of the way in. It had so much potential.
Rachel Piper
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Unlike any book I have ever read. This book expanded my mind and perception on the world around us differently with every "chapter". Anthology Complex is filled with creative ideas, meanings and answers to questions I never knew I had until I read it. If you have a curious mind, this book is a must read!
Toni
May 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Started skimming and gave up. To me it was like listening to the ramblings of someone off their face. Thanks but I don't want to read about every dream you've had.
Joe Rathsack
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shante
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
The ending of this book leaves much to desire and because of that the experience is sort of ruined. However, it was a serious page turner. I found myself bookmarking every other page, as the thoughts of the narrator on life invited me to ponder my own philosophies. It's a great group discussion book.
Jaycee Bond
Sep 01, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf, 2017-books
I started this when was 14/15, and I really enjoyed the Angst™. Some time passed and I completely forgot about it (since I was reading it online and I was a hardcore paperback reader). I picked it up again some time ago and it lost me. so DNF around 30%. Maybe I'll try again in the future.
Rachel Hamsika
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
2/5? The high ratings had me going gaga so when I started it I naturally thought it would go better than it did. This book gave me a headache each time I picked it up to be honest! The whole thing is one big fat monologue! Maybe i'm in need of a perspective different from the one I have or maybe I need to 'grow up' intellectually to thoroughly understand what the protagonist was trying to convey. Either way it kind of sucked.
On the bright side I did learn some stuff, gained an insight into how
Charis Watt
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book definitely stands apart from any book I have ever read. It is incredibly thought provoking and interesting. In some instances I definitely could relate to the character and in others not at all. However, I enjoyed the narrator's frank honesty about their thoughts and feelings. Overall, nothing really happens story wise but so much happens at the same time. It leaves you feeling disconnected from the world but, at the same time, connected to the character. Very interesting read.
David Musgraves
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
This is one of those books that reads like a collection of MFA short stories strung together as a novel. As with those books, this one has some segments of great brilliance and excellent writing, but the book as a whole never really comes together.
An interesting read, but don't go out of your way.
Diana Gorrich
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This is one of the strangest and most confusing books I have ever read. Within these odd, recorded interactions, we get a glimpse of this strange character (that it is hard not to become fond of).
Moataz Salama
Aug 06, 2015 is currently reading it
Discriptive and touchy
Gettree
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was extremely good and I loved the concept but I have to take one star away for all the grammatical errors
Cory
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Definitely thought provoking. Just finished the book and am lost for words.. Dam. Great read.
Michelle
Jun 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Ugh. I have a very low tolerance for listening to someone ramble incessantly about their dreams. Could not get past the first chapter.
Hend Naili
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
In short, entertaining and mind opening.
Patricia Bobb leak
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
I read about 30% of it. I felt it was boring. Interesting to a point but would be better as their dreams in shorts stories.
Martha
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
eread
Mihai  Chindris
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: everyone
The author, I think, is in the early stages of trying to discover life and its "secrets". He is something like Dan Brown, but he writes in a more childish way. His text has not so much coherence and it's more like an array of things he remembers from the dreams he had in the past. Overall, it's a good read & time killer :).
Ashlee Schultz
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
People take different things from the same information. I think this book is one of those pieces that is completely appropriate for one kind of person and entirely wrong for another.

Personally, I loved it. The author, a misanthrope with a penchant for fly-on-the-wall observation, challenged me to think outside the neat little box of truths I've built around my life.

I do believe everyone can take something of value from Anthology Complex; however, I can see how the nontraditional format of the b
Ismail Diabolic
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dreams it's all about dreams, or is it?
I don't expect much from free stuff, like this book which was a free ebook, but to my surprise this was truly wonderful.

If you have so many questions about life, and wonder who we are and stuffs like that. This book will keep you entertained.

As I mentioned above "Dreams". I love to dream whether it's day or night. And finding the hidden meaning behind them is quite intriguing. The books takes you on a mindfulness journey on it own. Where the author took the
Kat
At first the novel seemed very introspective, addressing a number of themes. It gradually became more confusing as the author tried to develop a plotline based around his opinions/ideas about the human mind. Thus it was disjointed because the story came second to his opinions.
Sumayya
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourite
It's a psychological build-up fiction, a man who's obsessed with writing down his dreams and trying to find out what do they really mean in the way of analysing human nature and its function.

This book provokes your brain to think, if you like to think deeply then this book is made for you :)
Xuxu
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
如果这是作者的亲身经历,那这个客观存在的主人该是有多么迷人啊。也许,这样的人大概是不善与这个社会做过多肤浅的交流,被周遭的了解和发现他们的迷人之处的人恐怕是微乎其微。I love this book. :)
Natasha Primaditta
Sep 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
I know this book supposed to make us more mindful and embrace our ordinary normal life, but.. It just doesn't work on me.
Marielle
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Small but consistent grammar errors make this otherwise enjoyable and intriguing read slightly frustrating.
Charlotte Roster
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book is pretty wordy and can be confusing at times but if you really sit down and read it it’s so worth it!
Ronald Fitch
Jun 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
Whatever is being said in this book needs to go on Facebook - mindless!
Washington
Apr 12, 2015
George Charalambous
Apr 12, 2015
  • The Chef
  • Apex Magazine Issue 56 (January 2014)
  • Godbody
  • Altered States
  • Yoga, Youth, and Reincarnation
  • Museum of Lost Wonder
  • I Luv Halloween, #2
  • 101 Best Workouts of All Time: Build Muscle, Burn Fat and Sculpt Your Best Body Ever
  • Seychelle Collection Boxed Set Books 1-4
  • Tower of Babylon
  • Facebook and Philosophy: What's on Your Mind?
  • أهل الطريق : محادثات عن التصوف
  • Two Friends
  • Bad Blood (Emily Swanson #0)
  • Newthink: The Hidden Logic of Progressivism and the Usurpation of the Traditional American Worldview
  • Le Collectionneur (Maud Graham, #3)
  • Clarkesworld Magazine, Issue 71 (Clarkesworld Magazine, #71)
  • Supervillains and Philosophy: Sometimes, Evil is its Own Reward
“For so long I have cursed this life, but in the end I can only come to accept it because I believe we all suffer from the anthology complex. We all compile these short stories that turn into fantasies.” 5 likes
“I looked down at this city, this civilization, and I realized just how little I really knew about a world where there was so much to know.” 3 likes