Start by marking “Breathe into Me” as Want to Read:
Breathe into Me

Read Excerpt

Breathe into Me

STANDALONE, FULL-LENGTH NOVEL.
HEA ENDING, NO CLIFFHANGERS.

How did my life get so broken? It’s a question Lacey St. James asks herself every day. Stuck raising her little brother in a trailer park while she works a dead end job at a grocery store, she has a stalker exboyfriend, a bad reputation, and no way out.

And then she meets Everett, whose presence changes her entire
Published April 8th 2014 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Breathe into Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathe into Me

Start your review of Breathe into Me
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

Breathe Into Me is a story about a broken girl called, Lacey. She has a stalker ex-boyfriend, a bad reputation, and not really much else going right in her life.

Enter gorgeous Everett..... He's dropped into town to house-sit a mansion..... He's drawn to Lacey and wants to show her how good life can be. Can. She. Trust. Him???

I loved Everett, he's the main attraction, of course. The hero always is!! I loved the relationship between Everett and Lacey. It was beautiful and lovely to watch it
Pam
“Sometimes you just know that person is for you, that they fit. You love even the rough edges, mistakes and all, because you just know they’re for you.”

Breathe Into Me is one of those books that you can’t really say much without giving anything away, I feel like her story needs to be experienced blindly. When I first read the description of the book, I instantly knew I had to read it, I am a sucker for a book when there is a kid involved and someone doing everything they can to make
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Breathe Into Me
Author – Sara Fawkes
Publication Date – April 8, 2014
Type – Stand Alone
Genre – Romance, New Adult
Rating – 3 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy kindly provided by SMP via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Review
Again I’m on the fence about a book ---- part of me enjoyed the crap out of it…but then there’s that little voice inside that keeps reminding me of inconsistencies, too much angst, too much drama etc. I struggled between a 3 and a 3 Star rating…..

To start off
Moonlight Reader
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Disclosure: I received an ARC of this book from netgalley.

I have very little good to say about this book. We'll start with little good there is - it's not badly written. The author does seem to have some reasonably accomplished writing skills and if I had enjoyed the stories/characters more, I can see myself enjoying one of her books.

The problem with this book is that it is both completely unoriginal and I felt utterly disconnected from all of the characters. There was nothing about the book
Michelle
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
ARC received courtesy of NetGallery.

Lacey is the small town girl that has had a rough life. Well her whole life hasn’t been rough, but the life she knew before she was 15 doesn’t exist for her any longer. Wanting nothing but to escape to any place but where she is; she remains stuck.

Everett is a stranger, new to the town for the summer. But Everett is hiding his own secrets. He may be hiding a lot, but the one thing he can’t is how he is falling for this broken girl before him.

When
Carolina
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I think I must start this review by saying that I simply LOVE the cover from the book!
It's beautiful for me!

Then, I need to say I was with my expectations... a bit too high for this one!
Yes, it was 4 stars for me... but I honestly think with this kind of plot, with the drama, with the burden that the main characters have... it could have been so much better!

Lacey's life is pure hell! She doesn't has anything or anyone to help her, to support her... a shoulder to cry when she needs... not even
Laura Carson
Read in one sitting. LOVED!

*I received an ARC of this book courtesy of St. Martin's Press, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review*

5 stars

Lacey has only ever been kicked down by life. Living in a run down trailer with family who is either checked out or hates her, left being the only protector for her little brother, with a boyfriend who teeters on the dangerous line, and working a dead end job in a town that has labeled her with a false reputation, she's not sure there's ever going to
Annie Brewer
Holy shit!!!! I saw the cover and read an excerpt on a friend's blog and I'm itching to get my greedy hands on this book!!! Hellllllloooooo Everett!!! *pouty face*
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.75- 4 Sweet Stars

Breathe Into me, is a short, sweet, rescuing damsel-in-distress kind of read.

I love my damsel in distress reads. The more damaged the leading Heroine, the better. Lacey is a sad sad sad case. She lives in a trailer park with her mom, grandma and little brother. She doesn’t have a high school education and works two minimal wage jobs. She lives in a small town in Mississippi and dreams of leaving.

One day Lacey meets Everett, a boy who is house-sitting. He happens to be
LJT
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes a book has the power to overtake your world and as a result, make you realize how precious life really is. Breathe Into Me by Sara Fawkes had that affect on me.

Lacey St. James's lived a pleasant life with her mom, step-dad and four-year-old brother in Oregon. Then her step-dad died, and her mother moved them across the country to Mississippi. Their new home was a trailer in a trailer-park, with Lacey's gossipy wench of a grandmother.

Lacey's new life is a horror. She got involved with
Future Slayer Girl
**DNF @ 9%**

Unfortunately, I'm unable to finish this story. They characters are not compatible for me. From the first page I disliked everyone in the story and I feel like its only getting worse. I've attempted two more chapters since I made this choice. The female lead comes off weak and pathetic, and the lead male is whiny and pathetic for following after her. I would rather not rate this story and not finish it.

*I received a FREE copy of this book from St. Marten's Press via NetGalley in
Monica Cullip
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Breathe Into Me
Sara Fawkes
This book was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review.
Lacey St. James is living in a run down trailer with her Mom, Grandma and little 4 year old brother Davy. They have been there since her step-dad died and Grandma offered to take them in. It is a horrible situation that has Mom drinking to extremes and Grandma being verbally abusive as well as slapping Lacey around. Her mental escape from this it to meet up with local bad boy Macon. He likes his sex dirty and a
Mykia
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The review of this and others HERE

This book was really something and nothing like what I had in mind (and I mean that in the best way possible!)

This book in one sentence: A heartbreaking story that’s actually very hopeful along with some pretty incredible and strong characters...I even wanted to cry a little.

So, I remember reading the description of this book on a trip to B&N. I didn’t buy it right there but I kept thinking about it and gave in and ordered it. What I thought was going to
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to St. Martin's Press and Netgalley.)
High school drop-out Lacey lives in her Grandmother’s trailer, and works two jobs to pay more rent than her Grandmother pays. Her mother is always drunk, and her boyfriend Macon likes to be rough with her.
When Lacey meets Everett, she feels a spark, and she likes the way he treats her.
Can Lacey get away from the people that like to hurt her? And what is Everett hiding?

Tzeni
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Meh, felt like this was drama for the sake of drama. Lacey's backstory and current storyline was overkill, it basically incorporated every dark soap opera-y cliche. Evil family members ruining her life, sexual abuse, opportunistic "friends", having every bad thing that can happen happen to her, having an even-darker-backstory boyfriend, you name it she is going through it.

The romance was also kinda meh, I mean I can sort of see how she fell in love with Everett, but it's never explained why he
Karen
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC from Netgalley for honest review! I loved the book. Sara Fawkes, you amaze me. I was underwhelmed for half the book but as the characters built and scenes unraveled, I was blown away....alternately cheering, crying, laughing, and falling in love with Everett and Trent. A very good lesson or two is shown to us in this book and young girls have to know this stuff can happen to you. Avoid the bad behavior of anyone who doesn't respect you and if you do any problems let good people help. Very ...more
Genni Eccles
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
This book was featured on my post about my best surprises of 2015!

A really quick paced drama filled book! I did have minor issues with the book, but the good outweighed the bad for sure. Check out my full review here on my blog, where I gave it 4.25 stars!
Mary
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to read this ... Cover looks amazing !
Jenna Rigsbee
Oct 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was just awful. I don't even have time to tell you everything that was wrong with it. ... But it's going to bug me if I don't mention at least some of it.
1. GODDDDDD, THE EDITING. Sentences were repeated word for word one right after the other. The repetition was OUT OF THIS WORLD. The repetition was OUT OF THIS WORLD. Random details were missing or sometimes just inconsistent from paragraph to paragraph. It left me with a lot of questions. Like, so many question.... as in, how was this
Melissa Portillo
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got this book as an ARC in return for an honest review.

Lacey is a victim of circumstance, after the man who she thought was her father died her mother packed up and moved them into her grandmothers trailer in Mississippi. At that time Gretchen St Clare checked out and into the end of a vodka bottle.
Lacey would deal with the brutal attacks of her grandmother, while working two jobs in order to protect her 4 year old brother. Her family circumstance plagued her she goes to bed of a night
Lady Raven RAVE!

Length: 3628 kindle
Style: New Adult Romance
Story: GOOD
Intimacy level: GOOD
Enjoyment: FAIR
Series: N/A
Price: $3.99

The Good

Love the concept and the characters in this story. The author allowed us to get to know the characters in depth. I like the twist and the secret revolving around Everett. Everett gave me the vibe of wanting to know him, wanting to know his intension and who he is. Lacey is broken. She has an emotional abusive boyfriend and friends who uses her and doesn't care, along with
Charlotte  Black
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book follows the same New Adult pattern as I've read countless times. There is nothing new here. The story has become so depressing I'm considering putting the news on to hear some happy news. At this time I'm at 72% and don't know if I can read any further.
Some situations in the story have come across as so unbelievable that I just can't continue.
The premise is pretty bleak. Lacey has been verbally and emotionally abused, raped, and still lives in the same town as these other horrible
Douglas Meeks
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story of Lacey and Everett was not exactly what I thought it was going to be when I started. I really thought it was going to be more of a story of stupid secrets and some undercover rich kid sweeping the poor girl off her feet. Sorry, that ain't what is happening here.

As it turns out they both have some serious life changing secrets they are not sharing and of course they will always come to light at the worst times. throw in a psychotic ex-boyfriend that really deserved a beating within
Heather andrews
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let's just say when Lacey is hammered the whole truth comes out of her, "I'm drunk." It seemed really important to make sure he understood my words, so I spoke slowly. "My mother slapped the sh** out of me, in front of my brother no less, so I stole her vodka and went to the beach." And well Everett he's just a yummy specimen of pure male-ness, "up close I could see the sweat and dirt coating his entire body. Gray smudges of what I guessed were concrete ran up his arms. All I wanted to do was ...more
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have to start with saying how much I love the book cover. Kudos and never change it.
This book is about Lacey and from the beginning I wanted to know more about her.... her back story. She broke my heart allowing herself to be mistreated. I wanted her to be brave and stand up for herself.... she didn't... not right away anyway.
Everett notices her right away and he stand up for her... I love him from the beginning. I didn't know he too had a backstory but he does.
The two of them get together
Lisa
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
ARC received courtesy of NetGallery.

I want to say I like it and that for an author to bring out emotion in a reader their book has done its job and this book had a lot of emotion.

Ms. Fawkes covered a lot of topics in this book and love was just one of them, I think she basically covered things that most of us only hear about and hope to God we don't have to come across them. And I want to say her writing was very well descriptive and fast paced which is why I basically liked the book.
Charlie
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
received ARC for review

enjoyable! not sure where to begin with this one, as I was into the book from the beginning. The character development is good, I could see this book becoming a series.

as someone who has never been abused it is hard for me to imagine believing the things Lacey believed. However after helping several abused friends I know this is exactly how they think. It makes the book hit reality and can be used to help abused people work through their mindset. some prefer true story
Michelle
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-book
***received an ARC for an honest review***Could not put this book down. Read it one day. It literally sucks you in and sometimes you forget to breath.
Natasha
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait for this book to come out!! The cover is amazing. I'm already hooked. I love Sara's work!!
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
MY THOUGHTS

description

Lacey is 19. She's living in a trailer park in southern Mississippi with her mean grandma, her drunk mother and her adorable 4 year old brother Davy.

They had to move in with her grandmother after her stepdad died and they had to leave Oregon.
Lacey quit high school halfway through her last year and now she's juggling 2 jobs.
As often as possible she tries to not sleep at home. She tries to find guys to spend as much time with as possible. That's how she met her boyfriend Macon. Her

• The Collar (Submissive, #6)
  • Seven Nights to Surrender (Art of Passion, #1)
  • Reborn (The Red Ledger, #1-3)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #7)
  • The Perfect Date
  • Kept (The Enforcers, #3)
  • Stay With Me (Come Back to Me, #2)
  • Leopard's Prey (Leopard People, #5)
  • Everything for Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
  • Fighting to Be Free (Fighting To Be Free, #1)
  • Styx & Stones
  • Misadventures in Blue
  • Scarlett Hart: Monster Hunter
  • Bloodroot
  • Hold on Tight (Man of the Month, #2)
  • Love Is Hell
  • EndGames (NewsPrints, #2)
Sara Fawkes has always loved spinning tales, but her romantic roots come from sneaking her mother's old Johanna Lindsay books from the dresser drawer. She's been writing stories since she was a little girl (and has the home made books from preschool to prove it), and loves creating stories and characters and interesting messes for them to get into. An avid traveler and adventure motorcyclist, her ...more