Start by marking “Changing Plans (Changing Plans, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Changing Plans (Changing Plans, #1-3)

Changing Plans

(Changing Plans #1-3)

Part I: Getting off the Ground

After being stood up at the altar, compulsive over-planner Elliott Chandler decides to turn his honeymoon on Oahu into a vacation for one. Fate puts a hitch in his plans, however, when the airport is snowed in and his flight is delayed.

In the terminal, the jilted groom catches the eye of another stranded traveler: the laidback and very sexy De
ebook, Second Edition, 253 pages
Published September 20th 2013 by Lori Witt (first published June 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Changing Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing Plans

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
4.5 sexy, tropical stars

THIS BOOK. THIS BOOK. THIS BOOK, PEOPLE.

HOT DAMN.

This is the ultimate fantasy of meeting a gorgeous stranger at the airport, only to have the rebound, one-night stand turn out to be the love of your life.

WARNING: Reading this story carries a strong risk of wanting to ditch your life and hop on the next place to Maui.

Included:

One laid-back playboy named Derek
One extremely organized, slightly uptight HR director named Elliott
One asshole ex who doesn’t show up for his ow
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Stars***

Two weeks with Derek. The fellow passenger I'd met yesterday after a snowstorm stranded us in the terminal. The man with whom I'd spent last night in a passionate, insatiable embrace. The man with whom I'd be spending the vacation that would have been my honeymoon...

This book was absolute joyous escapism! A pure romantic fantasy of meeting a stranger at the airport and finding your world turned upside down by an unexplainable connection.

What started as a vacation for jilted g
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Free again at Amazon US, 3/31/16!*

I want to kiss your cheeks, L.A. Witt, for giving me the most adorable, angst-free, fluffy beach read to kick off my summer! It was pure sweetness, through and through, with one of the most irresistible themes, the reformed rake.

Hot sex, leis and lays, delicious food, pristine beaches, and Maui- sounds exactly like my honeymoon!

but much gayer...

Meags
4 Stars

Changing Plans is a fun, flirty and ultimately romantic tale of a one-night stand that turns into a forever kind of love.

When Elliott Chandler gets dumped at the altar he decides to do the unexpected and take his honeymoon alone. At the airport he meets sweet and sexy Derek, who befriends Elliott and quickly charms his pants off (literally). Living a very structured, predictable life, Elliott decides to shake things up by throwing caution to the wind and agreeing to follow Derek back to
Lyndy Ann ♫
Who knew being stranded at an airport could be this lucky for Elliott and Derek.

Elliott is going away to Hawaii on what should have been his honeymoon he is escaping real life for two weeks, weather permitting.

Derek is going home after being in Seattle on business but thanks to the weather ends up being stranded at the airport.

Two strangers sitting near each other start talking and end up going to a hotel together spending one hot night together. In the morning Derek asks Elliott to come and sp
Debra
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, kindle-free
This was a perfect vacation read for me. Hot and fun opposites attract story set in the tropical paradise of Hawaii. Organized, list making Elliot on his way to Hawaii for his honeymoon trip, alone, since being stood up at the altar meets laid back, charming Derek, on his way home to Maui. As more things conspire against Elliot's well crafted plans, he decides to take a chance and change his plans to spend his two week vacation with Elliot.

I enjoyed the connection the two had in and out of bed,
Catherine
*** 3.5 Stars ***

Short, sweet, and sexy, with a light dose of family dramarama at the end that brings the feels. It is the perfect book to read while lying on a beach somewhere (or while wishing that you were lying on a beach somewhere). And GOOD LORD can Witt write a kissing scene that makes my heart do predictable, girlie, mushy things!
Renée
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread of an old favorite.
Otila
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elliott is a planner. Everything requires lists and carefully laid out plans. When his fiancé stands him up at the alter, Elliott decides to be a little reckless and go on his honeymoon to Hawaii on his own. He even leaves his itinerary at home. His reckless to-do list includes canceling a dinner reservation and having sex with a stranger. While stranded at the airport due to bad weather he meets the sexy and laid-back Derek. The two hit it off and decide to spend this trip together. They spend ...more
Amy
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy by: Jennifer☠Pher☠
I am not usually a fan of insta-love, but it totally worked here. What a great story! Elliott is stood up at the altar, but decides to go on the honeymoon anyway. At the airport, he meets manwhore Derek who doesn’t believe in love or relationships. And so begins a two-week whirlwind romance in Hawaii. And lots of hot steamy sex. I mean lots. Sooooo good! Thanks to Jen for recommending this one to me :)
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Absolutely loved this book. There story the setting the hot steamy scenes were spot on and intense. 4.5 stars
Tina
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance

Changing Plans is a hot and fluffy romance with lots of kissing. When Derek and Elliot are making out you just feeeeeeel their chemistry! Best kiss scenes ever!
His touch was undeniably Derek, and his kiss, oh, God, his kiss. I doubted any other man on the face of the earth kissed the way he did. I'd certainly never met one who knew just how to coax my lips apart with the tip of his tongue. Or one who could be so demanding and so gentle at the same time. What he did with his mouth was unbelievab
Zuzu
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

What a great story about finding "the one." I really liked Elliott and Derek. Derek was a confirmed bachelor . . . But he hadn't met Elliott yet!
Leigh
May 17, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, m-m
Review removed.
Ana_P
L.A. Witt did it again: another fabulously written story that took us on a wonderful journey with her two MCs.

Elliot, after being stood up at the altar, decides to go on his honeymoon to Hawaii by himself, and while stranded at the airport during a storm, he meets Derek. After spending one night together, Derek invites Elliot to stay with him during his whole time in Hawaii. Their time together ultimately leads to them falling in love.

This was a very tender, emotional story that had me wanting t
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer☠Pher☠ by: Danielle (~Dani~)
Shelves: m-m
Sigh...I really loved this book. It was like love at first sight, like a beautiful fairy tale (view spoiler), like a twist of fate. Such a beautiful romance. Just loved it. So glad I was able to read the entire story as one book. I would have died had I had to wait. Two beautiful men finding each other in a chance encounter and really, just Changing Plans. Read.
Carra
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally released as three novellas—Getting Off the Ground, Infinity Pools, and On the List—this collection brings those all together and I’m actually very glad I was able to read and listen to this as one complete story. Given where the first two novellas ended, it would have driven me nuts to have to wait to read the next one each time as I loved this story of starting over and finding “the one”.

I found it easy to identify with Elliott—not from the left-at-the-altar aspect, but from the poin
Joyfully Jay
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Changing Plans is a three-book series first published back in 2011. Author L.A. Witt has now republished the series, offering it in both ebook and audio formats. You can purchase the books individually in either format, as well as in a three-book set. The series follows the same couple throughout, however, so while you could probably read the first as a standalone, reading the whole series is definitely the way to go.

I listened to Changing Plans as a set and while t
Lelyana
*** 4,5 STARS !***

OMG! OMG! OMG! This book makes me believe that KISSING is SEX !

KISSING and LOTS OF KISSING - CHECK !

LUST AT FIRST SIGHT - CHECK !

SEX WITH STRANGER - CHECK !

DISHING YOUR ASSHOLE EX - CHECK !

SEX ON THE BEACH - CHECK !

PERFECT ENDING - CHECK !

And did I ever say I loved the way L.A. Witt thinking? YES! LOVED IT!

This book ! Has "everything" I need in a book!

Derek and Elliot are definitely made for each other. The chemistry is "there". The love Derek feels for Elliot...OMG! Makes me
Tess
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5 stars*
Nice romance of a jilted groom finding love on what was supposed to be his honeymoon. Lovely setting too - you can't really go wrong with Maui and Molokai!

As an aside, these days I've generally very skeptical of romances where one of the MCs is wealthy, good-looking and very sporty/ adventurous (in this case, Derek snowboards, scuba dives, sky dives, etc.). First, I know a lot of guys like this and, face it, a lot of them are jerks! On the other hand, if the guy's got all of this goin
Vallie
Mar 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, spicy-hot
This is exactly what it promised to be! Fun, sexy, leave-your-problems at the door, and enjoy the summer fantasy! Derek and Elliot meet at the airport on their way to Hawaii. Derek is going home. Elliot is throwing caution to the wind and going to his honeymoon, alone.

This was originally 3 books but I got the compact version. The first part was fantastic! Humour, sex, adventures, Maui, need I say more? I was so sure it was going to be a 4-4.5 star read. Then...the second part was okay, but more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
This audiobook release contains all three books in the Changing Plans series: Getting off the Ground, Infinity Pools, and On The List. Charlie David does a nice job on the narration, however, he did not make the two MCs voices very distinctive so one has to listen to the content to be able to determine who is speaking when there are no dialogue tags. This makes for a bit of confusion, though the stories are each short and not terribly complex, so they are easy to follow.

In Getting off the Groun
Claudia
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was the perfect mix for me at this time ... it was relaxing, but had me fully invested in their story

I loved Elliot and Derek and how their relationship developed.

the division in 3 parts was well done and I enjoyed it.

all in all I loved this book and would have loved to have more books with these characters
Grace
More complete reviews on the individual pages for each book. The three novellas are really closely tied together, so I definitely appreciated being able to read them all on one book.

Getting off the Ground: 4 stars

Il decollo ⭐⭐⭐
Fino all'orizzonte ⭐⭐⭐
La lista ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 smoking hot sweet stars! (reread review)

This was a reread for me. When I saw the tour request in our email box, I told my co-blogger, Mari, “I don’t remember a lot about the book, but I do remember that I loved it”. So, I decided I wanted to give Elliot and Derek a revisit, and I wasn’t disappointed. I loved their story just as much the second time around.

After being left at the altar, Elliot decides to take his Hawaiian honeymoon alone. Snowed in at the Seattle Airport he meets Derek. The t
Tessi4M
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my, the emotions in this book! These were originally three separate novellas, but you really do need all three of them together.

Elliott had been left standing at the altar by his boyfriend of six years. He decides to put at least one of the tickets for the planned honeymoon to use and finds himself snowed in at the airport waiting for his flight to Hawai.

He meets Derek and the two of them hit if off right away. After spending a sizzling hot night together at an airport hotel, they both know t
Manfred
This started as a 2 star read for me. I wasn't even sure if I would finish it. The whole story just seemed bland and meaningless. Honestly I could not figure out what Derek found in Elliott and why he would fall in love with him.
However the longer I spent with the story the better it got, and the end was closer to 4 stars for me, so for the overall rating I went for the middle and gave it 3 stars.
Elliott was dumped by his fiancé right at the altar, but still decided to go on the vacation to Ha
  • Lazy Valentines (Lazy Days #2)
  • I Heard Him Exclaim
  • Apollo's Curse
  • Hanging Loose
  • By Chance (Courtland Chronicles, #1)
  • Dirty Drag (Dirty Drag #1)
  • Little Boy Dead (Boystown #0.5)
  • nest
  • The 51st Thursday
  • Going Up
  • Gold Standard
  • Measure of Devotion (Measure of Devotion, #1)
  • Needing You
  • Masochism 101
  • Let's Hear It for the Boy
  • Love Ahead: Please Excuse Our Mess
  • Blue Notes (Blue Notes, #1)
  • Smartass
L.A. Witt is an abnormal M/M romance writer who has finally been released from the purgatorial corn maze of Omaha, Nebraska, and now spends her time on the southwestern coast of Spain. In between wondering how she didn't lose her mind in Omaha, she explores the country with her husband, several clairvoyant hamsters, and an ever-growing herd of rabid plot bunnies.

She also has substantially more ti

Changing Plans (3 books)
  • Getting off the Ground (Changing Plans, #1)
  • Infinity Pools (Changing Plans Book 2)
  • On The List (Changing Plans #3)