Start by marking “The Grove of the Sun” as Want to Read:
The Grove of the Sun

The Grove of the Sun

For years, Order has ruled the land of Chimera and the four whimsical Towers. Nobody can remember a time when the elements of Order, Water and Earth, were disturbed by Chaos. Except for tantalizing allusions in literature and lore, Chaos seems to have been banished forever from Order’s shores.

And yet day after day, Ildanis, SongWeaver of the Tower of Dream, awakens to fros
Published September 18th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Grove of the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grove of the Sun

Angie
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book follows the story of the life of a song weaver called ildanis and how he tried to bring together order and chaos to save the land from breaking. There are a lot of good characters that you can care about, ildanis s master kareth, and his friend mystaran.

From the moment you start the book you are drawn into a world of magic, and buildings that are built in dreamscapes. But the blight that had taken hold in the town's and villages was now affecting chimera. Only ildanis can see the reas
Emma
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r4r-and-arc
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 stars out of 5.

General Overview (No Spoilers)

I loved this book, it is not my usual type of fantasy, I like ones that are complex yet very simple, this one is complex but not quite simple enough for me. But I know lots of people like a little challenge or a change, it’s exactly what this gave me. I loved every page. I felt like I was transported to the Dreamscape and I was the one being told the story. I was enchanted
Christine
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book! This is a beautifully written tale of adventure and redemption that really keeps the reader intrigued throughout the story. Welcome to Chimera, a land of sorcerers and magick where much is learned and gained through use of the elements. We follow the life of Ildanis, a young boy who becomes a powerful Song Weaver and takes on the enormous task of saving his land from blight and destruction.

The great thing about this book is the poetry of the story. Author Parvathi Ramkumar weav
Aishwarya
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Ray of Sunshine

What storytelling! Creative imagery like never before. A beautiful tale that weaves together the reality of life- the marriage between order and chaos, involving the basic elements of life - Water, Earth, Fire and Air. Not often does one come across a book that envelops one completely. The concepts in the book are entirely novel and presented meticulously like the blossoming of a flower. The quirks of human nature are in perfect proportion with exquisite portrayal and characteri
Anita
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
A beautifully written tale. The vivid and detailed descriptions of every character, every location, every situation transported me to a different place. I almost felt like I was part of the journey and quest of Ildanis. The Grove of the Sun is an engaging read, very well-written by Parvathi Ramkumar.
Kavya Sharma
Jul 25, 2017
Joe
Jan 06, 2018
Indian Readers: The Grove of the Sun 1 12 Oct 10, 2013 12:06AM
I'm a freelance writer, book reviewer, and author.

I am the granddaughter of Malayalam litterateur and children's writer V. Madhavan Nair 'Mali.'

My translation of one his books for children, 'Circus!' has been released by Hachette India, and my original high fantasy novel, 'The Grove of the Sun,' is available as an ebook.

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Writing has always been, for