Start by marking “The Dead List” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176

Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Dead List

It's Ella's senior year of high school and she and her best friend Linds plan to make it the best year ever. At Brock Cochran's end of summer pool party, the girls vow to have as much fun as possible before they head off to different colleges next fall. But when Ella is mysteriously attacked on her way home from the party, everything changes. Ella's carefree senior year pl ...more
Published May 3rd 2016 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Start your review of The Dead List
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

"Cardinals were Penn's favorite..."

Just before the start of her senior year in high school, Ella is attacked after a party on her way home. She escapes because a childhood friend Jensen rescued her, but other girls have gone missing. Afraid, Ella decides to take self-defense classes, as her attacker doesn’t appear to be going away anytime soon.

But as more and more people begin to disappear Ella begins to think these random acts aren’t so random, that they’re connected to somethi
Candace Robinson
First off, it was awesome that Jennifer put this up for free on Wattpad. Second off I really liked it. It was fun trying to figure out who the killer was, and I also liked seeing the parts from the past with Penn. Penn was my fave! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20... ...more
Nastassja
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one

These are the first and foremost words that came to my mind while reading The dead list. It is so obvious that Jennifer L. Armentrout wanted to create something resembling Scream movies only on paper. Well, she failed. Epically. I am very angry. I am not even disappointed. Let me tell you, I love Scream movies, they are like one of the best scary-sarcastic thrillers ever. LOVE IT.

What the author created is not Scream, not even close. It's just another soap story with a pathet

booksnpenguins (LIA)
I've been wanting to read this book since when I first added it to my tbr months ago, and now that I've finally come around to reading it, I have to admit that I was right to be so eager.
I really liked it.

Despite it having his ups and downs (the downs being a few dull and slow moments), I found this book to be incredibly entertaining. It reminded me of Pretty Little Liars (season 1 and 2, mainly), with slightly darker tones and the same what-happened-that-night kind of vibes.

I heard a few tim
Sylvie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

4.25/5 Stars!

Four kids Ella, Gavin, Jensen and Penn are best friends for as long as they remember until one day Penn decides to end his life which changes everything...

description

One of the best thriller book I’ve read in a long time, also this has been my first Jennifer Armentrout book and I loved it. Yes, there were a few cheesy scenes and I'm almost shocked that there wasn't any phone call scene where the killer calls his/her victims and etc.
However till the last mi
Caitlin L
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhh I loved this ending!!! I actually loved the whole book in general! Jennifer is So nice on letting us read this story for free on Wattpad <3 I know it's probably going to be a stand-alone but I wish I'd see more of Ella and Jensen :) ...more
Snow
Holy shit of suspense!
But that's Jennifer L. Armentrout for you!

Writing thrillers equaly as good as her romance books, she 's definitely one of my one-click authors!

Dude!!!! I don't need to say more, do I?!

The story

4 best childhood friends - Ella Mansfield, Jensen Carver, Gavin Shaw & Penn Deaton
Since elementary school, we had always found a way to be together. We were peas to each other's pods

due to years of growing up, secrets, immature decisions, hell they were kids...rush, i
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
Damn JLA, back at it again with the brilliantly crafted suspenseful books. YOU ARE MY LIFE SOURCE. Alright, I'm out.
SHIRLEY ♡

After watching a lot of CSI, NCIS and Criminal Minds episodes with my grandmother, and watching Elite season 1 twice, I've learned that the killer is always the person that you least expect.

After reading 50% of this book, I thought I knew who was the killer but that plot twist I wasn’t expecting it and it left me shocked.

This book was really good! I loved Jensen. There was a time that I thought he was gonna be the killer but that was going be too obvious.

Jensen and Ella were really cute and I l
Beth Hudspeth
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
This book was originally posted on Wattpad where I read it the first time and now I'm so happy to say it is available on Amazon Kindle and paperback!

JLA is my liiiiife.
Karla
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"The dead list" was a a suspense thriller mystery that I enjoyed. Its about four childhood friends who share a special bond but a tragedy changes their life's forever.
Fast forward 10 years and things are not the same since now there's a killer on the loose. Who seems to have a list, a dead list and nobody knows who is next.

I enjoyed this book it had a little of everything even a love aspect which it's always a must for me. Oh gosh it kills me to say this BUT, in this book it took fro
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)

Dude Alert! Damn...Jansen and Ella!

This novel is a contemporary thriller coated in romance and an enjoyable storyline.
Highly recommended to J.L. Armentrout fans and all teens who are looking for a fantastic mystery (scary)/romance read.

Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Dead List is a standalone Young Adult mystery/romance.

The narrator is 17 year old high school senior Ella. The story takes place in West Virginia.

Someone is tormenting various people in town. The book has a strong mystery element. But it also has romance.

The book is mostly told in the present. But there are a few sections from the past. I am glad that there were only a few sections of the past, because I enjoyed the present much more.

When Ella was much younger she was part of a group of four
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.25/5

Review to come!
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

So first off I just want to acknowledge how incredibly cool it is that Jennifer gave her fans a completely free book. That is pretty awesome sauce. It took me a while to get through this one because I was reading a little bit at a time in between other reads and I kinda like how it built up the suspense more for me. I kept questioning and changing my mind through the whole thing and that made it a really fun read.

Ella is a fun heroine and the poor
Alex
It is 3am.
My eyes feel like they are about 3cm away from popping out of my skull.
The brightness of my laptop screen is so low that I can barely read the words I'm typing.
So why the hell am I still awake?

Because I don't think I can sleep even if I desperately need to.

This book freaked me the fuck out.
Clowns. Dead bodies. Anticipation.

Hell, I even jumped out of my skin at one point. Seriously, my laptop almost came to an untimely end on my bedroom floor.

But the romance is what actually killed me.
J
Marcella
Holy Hell this was so freaking intense! And scary! I was biting my nails to stubs just reading this. The mystery was so good and the disappearances and the suspects and the murders! GAH! JLA definitely knows her sh*t.
Sure I had questions and small annoyances like 'why did Jensen wait so f*cking long with Ella' and 'why was Jensen even friends with asshats who bullied his best friend.'
It kind of put a downer on his super hot and charming and smirky character but as usual I overlooked it.
Penn...I
Siobhan Davis
Initial Thoughts: Wow! What a fantastic read! I had a very difficult time putting this book down and only did so to sleep.

Full Review:

The Dead List is a well-written captivating romantic thriller that had my heart swooning and panicking in equal measure!

Read it for the romance as much as for the mystery because let’s be honest, Jennifer Armentrout writes some of the most amazing book boyfriends EVER and Jensen Carver is no exception. Where do I even begin? He's hot, loyal, honest, supportive, f
Abooktopia
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Damn. That ending was intense. I really loved the entire novel in general, and enjoyed the whole experience of waiting for the next chapter to be release, even though it was painful at times. It was so nice for Jennifer L. Armentrout to allow us reader to read her story for free on Wattpad.
Veronica Morfi
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This gave me some SCREAM vibes. Really enjoyed it. Was surprised that I had actually managed to guess the answers as to who-what-etc kind of early on. I blame it on too many horror movies and CSI and Criminal Minds episodes. But still managed to enjoy it. For a YA this had quite a lot of sexual scenes. There was a lot of teenage lust between the MC and her love interest, which didn't bother me at all ;)
Luke
Apr 09, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A horror from Jennifer L. Armentrout... It will give me nightmares... But that's okay... Well, not the nightmares part... Of course, I can't resist... I mean, it is a book written by Jennifer L. Armentrout... And even if I know that it will give me nightmares... I still need to read it...
TheBibliotheque ♡
What can I say? I love Jennifer. She just gives me everything I need, every single time. Romance, friendship, action, mystery, humor.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
Another thrilling nail biter romance from Jennifer Armentrout. Left guessing throughout the book I am proud to say I was engaged and unaware till the end. Our heroine Ella narrowly escapes a kidnapping after leaving a party and from that night forward her life is on the line. Throw in a killer rocking a clown mask and curly haired wig and you have me a thousand percent freaked out. I enjoyed Ella, she was a likable character, average and when shit hit the fan, while she took her time to mend her ...more
Emily
I really liked it. The story was interesting and not too predictable, my interest was definitely piqued after the first few pages. Needless to say, I loved the writing style as I always do with this author. The romance had a very important part, without overpowering the story completely. It also helped that she posted it FOR FREE on Wattpad 4.5 stars.
~Tina~
Dammmme! That ending through me for a loop! The Dead List is an exciting and disturbing YA thriller that was totally shutter-worthy. Reading it in pure daylight didn't help keep the creeps out. Great plot, awesome characters and I loved the romance and the whodunit mystery. Thanks Jennifer for gifting this to your fans on Wattpad. I hope I can add it to my collection one day!
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: April 25, 2017
Genre: Young Adult Mystery - Thriller - Horror

The Dead List by Jennifer L. Armentrout did not disappoint! It's along the lines of popular teen screams like I Know What You Did Last Summer, Valentine, and Scream. Why? It's dark, bloody, violent, and full or revenge. The novel follows a couple of teens who are essentially being stalked by a serial killer. At first, they can't understand why this is happening, but as the bodies start to pile up a motive begins to sho
Daniella (Reading With Daniella)
Click here to see this review and others on my blog Reading With Daniella

I enjoyed this, but as a massive fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout’s writing, I was a tiny bit disappointed.

I think I’ve figured something out: I’m not a huge fan of JLA’s romances when the protagonist and the love interest already know each other because it almost gives off a bit of an inst-love vibe. Jennifer Arentrout is an absolute master of romantic build up. She did one of the best enemies-to-lovers romances that I ever
Darce
creepy, mysterious and clever, with just enough delicious romance to make it a JLA classic
Valerie
I get asked all the time, what kind of books do you like? And my answer is always the same. If there is kissing, I'm in. Here is one of those. This book is full of suspense and even a little scary horror but there is kissing and I loved it.

Yeah, the bad guy has a scary clown mask. AND he makes this tsking sound all the time! I wanted to tsk him right in the clown nose!

So Ella is in her senior year of high school. The boy she fell for years ago is back but they aren't talking. The boy she just
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Dead List by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Starting December 4th 2019 5 14 Dec 08, 2019 06:42PM
#JLAJuly: The Dead List 3 20 Jul 05, 2016 02:59PM

• Unchained - Nephilim Rising
  • Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1)
  • Scorched (Frigid, #2)
  • Dream of You (Wait for You, #4.5)
  • Frigid (Frigid, #1)
  • Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3)
  • Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Unbeautiful (Unbeautiful, #1)
  • Taunt Her (Rebels At Sterling Prep, #1)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Wer hat Angst vorm bösen Wolf? (Das Vermächtnis der Grimms #1)
  • Someone New (Someone #1)
  • Harvest of Sighs (Thornchapel, #3)
  • Thicker Than Water

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo