Start by marking “The Dead List” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176

Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Dead List

It's Ella's senior year of high school and she and her best friend Linds plan to make it the best year ever. At Brock Cochran's end of summer pool party, the girls vow to have as much fun as possible before they head off to different colleges next fall. But when Ella is mysteriously attacked on her way home from the party, everything changes. Ella's carefree senior year pl ...more
Published May 3rd 2016 by Disney Press

Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

"Cardinals were Penn's favorite..."

Just before the start of her senior year in high school, Ella is attacked after a party on her way home. She escapes because a childhood friend Jensen rescued her, but other girls have gone missing. Afraid, Ella decides to take self-defense classes, as her attacker doesn’t appear to be going away anytime soon.

But as more and more people begin to disappear Ella begins to think these random acts aren’t so random, that they’re connected to somethi
Candace Robinson
First off, it was awesome that Jennifer put this up for free on Wattpad. Second off I really liked it. It was fun trying to figure out who the killer was, and I also liked seeing the parts from the past with Penn. Penn was my fave! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Nastassja
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one

These are the first and foremost words that came to my mind while reading The dead list. It is so obvious that Jennifer L. Armentrout wanted to create something resembling Scream movies only on paper. Well, she failed. Epically. I am very angry. I am not even disappointed. Let me tell you, I love Scream movies, they are like one of the best scary-sarcastic thrillers ever. LOVE IT.

What the author created is not Scream, not even close. It's just another soap story with a pathetic attemp

Lia  (a paper pigeon)
I've been wanting to read this book since when I first added it to my tbr months ago, and now that I've finally come around to reading it, I have to admit that I was right to be so eager.
I really liked it.

Despite it having his ups and downs (the downs being a few dull and slow moments), I found this book to be incredibly entertaining. It reminded me of Pretty Little Liars (season 1 and 2, mainly), with slightly darker tones and the same what-happened-that-night kind of vibes.

I heard a few tim
Denise Bücherwunderland
Ehrlich gesagt habe ich am Anfang ein wenig Zeit gebraucht um wirklich in die Handlung rein zu finden. Das liegt aber vermutlich weniger am Buch und mehr an der Vermarktung. Nachdem es von der Aufmachung so ähnlich aussah wie Deadly Ever After habe ich auch Charaktere in diesem Alter erwartet.
Die Protagonistin in The Dead List geht allerdings noch auf die Highschool 😅. Das ist nicht weiter schlimm, aber hat mich doch ein wenig irritiert.

Wer mich ein bisschen kennt, weiß vielleicht, dass ich kau
Sylvie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

4.25/5 Stars!

Four kids Ella, Gavin, Jensen and Penn are best friends for as long as they remember until one day Penn decides to end his life which changes everything...

description

One of the best thriller book I’ve read in a long time, also this has been my first Jennifer Armentrout book and I loved it. Yes, there were a few cheesy scenes and I'm almost shocked that there wasn't any phone call scene where the killer calls his/her victims and etc.
However till the last mi
Snow
Holy shit of suspense!
But that's Jennifer L. Armentrout for you!

Writing thrillers equaly as good as her romance books, she 's definitely one of my one-click authors!

Dude!!!! I don't need to say more, do I?!

The story

4 best childhood friends - Ella Mansfield, Jensen Carver, Gavin Shaw & Penn Deaton
Since elementary school, we had always found a way to be together. We were peas to each other's pods

due to years of growing up, secrets, immature decisions, hell they were kids...rush, implusi
Caitlin L
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhh I loved this ending!!! I actually loved the whole book in general! Jennifer is So nice on letting us read this story for free on Wattpad <3 I know it's probably going to be a stand-alone but I wish I'd see more of Ella and Jensen :)
Beth Hudspeth
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
This book was originally posted on Wattpad where I read it the first time and now I'm so happy to say it is available on Amazon Kindle and paperback!

JLA is my liiiiife.
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
Damn JLA, back at it again with the brilliantly crafted suspenseful books. YOU ARE MY LIFE SOURCE. Alright, I'm out.
Fanny
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Desde hace varios meses he tenido ganas de leer algo de Jennifer L. Armentrout pero por desgracia he leido casi todos sus libros publicados, ahora despues de haber devorado The Dead List solo me queda por leer Cuidado, No Mires Atras ( el cual espero leer pronto ).

Leer The Dead List fue como retroceder en el tiempo y volver a esas horas de mi adolescencia que pasaba viendo peliculas de terror con mi hermana.

La lectura fue increible, me gusto ( y me sorprendio ) mas de lo que esperaba, no imagina
Karla
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"The dead list" was a a suspense thriller mystery that I enjoyed. Its about four childhood friends who share a special bond but a tragedy changes their life's forever.
Fast forward 10 years and things are not the same since now there's a killer on the loose. Who seems to have a list, a dead list and nobody knows who is next.

I enjoyed this book it had a little of everything even a love aspect which it's always a must for me. Oh gosh it kills me to say this BUT, in this book it took fro
Angelica Juarez Gonzalez
No es como si me guste la obsesión de Jen con los Ataques zombies.
Los documentales de fantasmas que siempre nombra en sus historias.
O los hermanos Winchester (supernatural) y las otras series de televisión.
Ni hablar de sus típicas maldiciones ¡Santa mierda en una galleta!
La escena inconfundible “tropiezo en el pasillo con un pecho duro y masculino”
Protagonista lectora que prefiere los libros a los seres humanos.
Y la interminable promoción de los libros de sus “amigas” autoras siempre nombrad
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)

Dude Alert! Damn...Jansen and Ella!

This novel is a contemporary thriller coated in romance and an enjoyable storyline.
Highly recommended to J.L. Armentrout fans and all teens who are looking for a fantastic mystery (scary)/romance read.

Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Dead List is a standalone Young Adult mystery/romance.

The narrator is 17 year old high school senior Ella. The story takes place in West Virginia.

Someone is tormenting various people in town. The book has a strong mystery element. But it also has romance.

The book is mostly told in the present. But there are a few sections from the past. I am glad that there were only a few sections of the past, because I enjoyed the present much more.

When Ella was much younger she was part of a group of four
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.25/5

Review to come!
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

So first off I just want to acknowledge how incredibly cool it is that Jennifer gave her fans a completely free book. That is pretty awesome sauce. It took me a while to get through this one because I was reading a little bit at a time in between other reads and I kinda like how it built up the suspense more for me. I kept questioning and changing my mind through the whole thing and that made it a really fun read.

Ella is a fun heroine and the poor
Alex
It is 3am.
My eyes feel like they are about 3cm away from popping out of my skull.
The brightness of my laptop screen is so low that I can barely read the words I'm typing.
So why the hell am I still awake?

Because I don't think I can sleep even if I desperately need to.

This book freaked me the fuck out.
Clowns. Dead bodies. Anticipation.

Hell, I even jumped out of my skin at one point. Seriously, my laptop almost came to an untimely end on my bedroom floor.

But the romance is what actually killed me.
J
Marcella
Holy Hell this was so freaking intense! And scary! I was biting my nails to stubs just reading this. The mystery was so good and the disappearances and the suspects and the murders! GAH! JLA definitely knows her sh*t.
Sure I had questions and small annoyances like 'why did Jensen wait so f*cking long with Ella' and 'why was Jensen even friends with asshats who bullied his best friend.'
It kind of put a downer on his super hot and charming and smirky character but as usual I overlooked it.
Penn...I
Veronica Morfi
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This gave me some SCREAM vibes. Really enjoyed it. Was surprised that I had actually managed to guess the answers as to who-what-etc kind of early on. I blame it on too many horror movies and CSI and Criminal Minds episodes. But still managed to enjoy it. For a YA this had quite a lot of sexual scenes. There was a lot of teenage lust between the MC and her love interest, which didn't bother me at all ;)
Abooktopia
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Damn. That ending was intense. I really loved the entire novel in general, and enjoyed the whole experience of waiting for the next chapter to be release, even though it was painful at times. It was so nice for Jennifer L. Armentrout to allow us reader to read her story for free on Wattpad.
Siobhan Davis
Initial Thoughts: Wow! What a fantastic read! I had a very difficult time putting this book down and only did so to sleep.

Full Review:

The Dead List is a well-written captivating romantic thriller that had my heart swooning and panicking in equal measure!

Read it for the romance as much as for the mystery because let’s be honest, Jennifer Armentrout writes some of the most amazing book boyfriends EVER and Jensen Carver is no exception. Where do I even begin? He's hot, loyal, honest, supportive, f
Luke
Apr 09, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A horror from Jennifer L. Armentrout... It will give me nightmares... But that's okay... Well, not the nightmares part... Of course, I can't resist... I mean, it is a book written by Jennifer L. Armentrout... And even if I know that it will give me nightmares... I still need to read it...
SeaBook
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nemám slov.... tohle bylo prostě dokonalý ♥
Jennifer, vítej ve skupince srdcových autorek!!!! ♥
Emily
I really liked it. The story was interesting and not too predictable, my interest was definitely piqued after the first few pages. Needless to say, I loved the writing style as I always do with this author. The romance had a very important part, without overpowering the story completely. It also helped that she posted it FOR FREE on Wattpad 4.5 stars.
☽ TheBibliotheque
What can I say? I love Jennifer. She just gives me everything I need, every single time. Romance, friendship, action, mystery, humor.

~Tina~
Dammmme! That ending through me for a loop! The Dead List is an exciting and disturbing YA thriller that was totally shutter-worthy. Reading it in pure daylight didn't help keep the creeps out. Great plot, awesome characters and I loved the romance and the whodunit mystery. Thanks Jennifer for gifting this to your fans on Wattpad. I hope I can add it to my collection one day!
Tatiana
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Забавно. В стиле фильмов "Крик" и тому подобных, молодежных ужастиков. Сюжет предсказуемый, но любителям жанра понравится. Читается легко и увлекательно. Порадовало что автор не перешла грань +18
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: April 25, 2017
Genre: Young Adult Mystery - Thriller - Horror

The Dead List by Jennifer L. Armentrout did not disappoint! It's along the lines of popular teen screams like I Know What You Did Last Summer, Valentine, and Scream. Why? It's dark, bloody, violent, and full or revenge. The novel follows a couple of teens who are essentially being stalked by a serial killer. At first, they can't understand why this is happening, but as the bodies start to pile up a motive begins to sho
#JLAJuly: The Dead List 3 20 Jul 05, 2016 02:59PM
  • And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • Wait For You, Trust in Me: 2-Book Collection (Wait For You, #1-1.5)
  • Miranda Kenneally Bundle: Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #1-3)
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • Outspoken
  • Unhinged (Underworld, #1)
  • The Fall
  • Out of Control
  • Adventures in Homicide and Heartbreak (Funeral Crashing, #4)
  • Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)
  • Long Way Home (Thunder Road, #3)
  • Zeke's Letter to Allie
  • Forever Mine
  • Forever a Lord (The Rumor, #3)
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • The Mortal Instruments, the Complete Collection: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass; City of Fallen Angels; City of Lost Souls; City of Heavenly Fire
  • Carol's Image (Fairfield #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo
“He doesn’t like that you and I are together.”
There was a hummingbird in my chest. The fluttering returned with a vengeance. “We are not together.”
“Aren’t we?”
My breath caught as his hand slid up, skating over my ribs, leaving a trail of fire in its wake.
Jensen’s deep, low chuckle travelled across my throat. “After this morning, we are most definitely together. We just haven’t worked out the specifics of our together-ness.”
“Together-ness is not a word.”
“Now it is.”
3 likes
“You’re the first girl I’ve ever fallen in love with, Ella, and you’ll be the last girl I ever love” 3 likes