Start by marking “Damaged (Rebirth, #1)” as Want to Read:
Damaged (Rebirth, #1)

(Rebirth #1)

There are some beings in this world, long thought to be extinct. Some seek to protect them, others want control, but some . . . some are hell bent on their destruction.

Audrey was taken from her father, hidden away from the world, and tortured for five years. She was rescued, but is she really safe, or is there someone else waiting to betray her? Can she trust those who sav
Published January 30th 2014 (first published January 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Damaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damaged

Becca
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
ITS fo FREE: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I5N04AK

Hopefully Last Update: 3/27/14 DAMAGED was re-edited so its all pretty now, it was re-formatted so that is all pretty as well, it was before though ;) and it will be releasing THIS WEEKEND!!! Probably Saturday <3 oxoxo thanks to all who been waiting on the edges of their seats for this, and thanks for all those who stumble across this and decide its worth their time, because I definitely think its worth your time ;)

Another update: Today 2/18/
Stephanie
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My new Paranormal series obsession! What I loved was the almost X-Men vibe it had with all the amazing, unique characters. I adored Audrey & felt instantly protective of her. My heart broke for all the terrible things she had to endure. Stone was an awesome Hero who took this broken girl & help her see how amazing she was. He slowing brought her back to life & getting his POV was an added bonus. I think one of my favorite things about this story though was the secondary characters. N ...more
Hannah Pole
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
By Becca Vincenza
I was lucky enough to be one of the beta readers for this book, though it hasn’t released yet, I strongly suggest you add this to your good reads list, pre order and watch for the release day with bated breath. It is awesome.
Five stars (Actually, five simply aren’t enough so I am going to give it ten. Yes. Ten stars out of five. That’s how I roll. That’s also how much I LOVED this book.)
Ok first impressions… Wow.
You might have to bear with me a little with this review, I
Crystal
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Damaged was.... a mystery, a love story, a nightmare, and awakening. Becca managed to take what I thought was going to be a book about a girl being rescued and falling in love with her savior and added something I wasn't expecting.....paranormal awesomeness.

*My Happy Dance for Becca*
Audrey had been kidnapped for years being used and abused. Enter Stone: the guy who saved her in more ways than one. Audrey and Stone develop an incredible relationship totally built on trust and understanding.

Stone
Raquel V
I received a copy from this book in exchange for my honest review.

I had big problems with the beginning of this book. I felt really sad up until about the middle, just because I thought it had such great potential. But then it started to get better - much better. And that is why I gave it the avarage rating. This is what I liked and disliked about it:

Disliked:
- It really needs editing. Some sentences are awkwardly put and there are some gramatical mistakes. But all that is comprehensible, since
Virginie (chouettblog)
@BeccaVincenza
@readwomen2014
#Damaged

I was gifted Damaged in exchange for an honest review and honest I will be.

Finally! A paranormal novel where vampires and werewolves are NOT at the center of the story...Move over Edward and Jacob!!
Come to think of it, the only vampire making a cameo appearance had a very brief and swift part to play.

The author opened up the mythical world to pretty much every single paranormal life forms you can think of which made room for a rather fantastic world which I lo
Jasmine
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of Damaged and here is my honest review of it:

Damaged is the first book in the Rebirth series by Becca Vincenza. It is also Becca's debut novel.

Damaged tells the story of a young woman named Audrey. Audrey is damaged. Broken. Beyond repair. Or so she thinks.

The book starts off with Audrey counting down the hours and minutes, days and years. Of what, you may ask? How long she's been locked away in a white room. A silent, white room with only her thoughts to keep her company.

Th
Alexa Nichole Demers
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review and others can be found here..

photo 8b10f759-8955-449d-8f3c-6348c3614003_zpse17e1634.jpg

Becca Vincenza created an amazing paranormal world for us in Damaged. Damaged managed to be so much more than a paranormal book. It was a mystery, a nightmare, a love story, an awakening, and a book about growing into the person you were meant to be. It was completely awesome and I am irritated with myself for letting it sit on my kindle for so long.

Audrey is a broken women. She was taken and has been abused and kept away from the world for five long ye
Mike
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Damaged is such an intense reading experience! Damaged is the story of Aubrey a possible paranormal who has been held captive and tortured for the past five years. This is a harsh world that we are introduced to in this first book of what promises to be a intriguing and unique series. A harsh and sometimes painful world but one that I am so glad I got to see.

The book starts off in a painfully intense situation and does not let up. Going back and forth between the povs of Aubrey and Stone, the sh
Samantha Lunn
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Damaged is the first book in the rebirth series AND the debut novel of an amazing author, Becca.

This book is what I would call a paranormal love story. The different twists and turns made it very difficult to put down. The wide range of characters kept it exciting and constantly left you wanting to know more about all of them!

The main characters in this book were Audrey and stone. Now Audrey is a battered, bruised and broken girl who has been held captive away from the world for years. Upon bei
Danielle Ward
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some authors are known for their vivid use of sensory detail. Some authors are known for their creative characterization. And some authors are known for their intriguing plot lines. Well, Becca Vincenza should be known for all three. And while we're at it, let's add her incredible use of suspense that had me cross-eyed late into the night, because I couldn't read fast enough to find out what would happen next!

In a word, Damaged is brilliant in execution and style. The world of paranormals that M
Sara
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

The beginning wasn't very promising. It was a bit confusing and slow. I didn't feel connected to the characters and basically, we didn't know much about who or what they were until later on in the story. But fortunately it got better, much better about halfway through the story and I started to be really engaged and started to like the main characters.
Audrey was a nice character, and although she was like a scared bird in the beginning an
Kay Clodfelter
Damaged is such a absolutely great book!! The creative and talented mind of Becca Vincenza is so AMAZING! This book has a great plot and all these different paranormal beings, that we get to know as we get pulled into this wonderful book. I enjoyed every page of this book, some will have you crying big tears too, but there is understanding and love.
Stone is a Shape-Shifter was on a mission with his Clan when he discovers a caged girl(dirty and hair mated), at first sight he felt something, bu
Cecilia Robert
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Wow.

Damaged is a New Adult paranormal romance--YAY!-- about a girl who's lived most of her life locked away. Until she's rescued from her cell.

Audrey is a girl with scars, both in and out. Life hasn't been kind to her, and she doesn't trust very easily. Enter Stone, and his team. From the moment he sets his sights on her, Stone is thoroughly enamoured by this girl who never speaks to anyone. Even after rescuing Audrey he still wonders why her in particular. What makes her special?
Turns out she
Nanette Bradford
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ok so this is going to be short and sweet because you really have to read this book to get the full affect of it..

I was lucky to be given the chance to beta read for this first time author. I'm biased cuz I love Becca. She's wonderful inside and out and her personality came pouring into this book. It had so many wonderful different characters but not so many that you were overwhelmed by them and couldn't keep them straight. Honestly, the book was so good I had to stop beta reading it and just r
Katherine
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Damaged by Becca Vincenza is a NA paranormal book and a debut novel for Ms. Vincenza.
The story is unique and interesting and really draws you in. I didn't want to put this book down. The plot flowed smoothly and had lots of intriguing twists and turns. The characters are well developed and likable. I'd love to go into details about the characters but I don't think I can give many details without giving spoilers. And I don't want to give spoilers - this is a book that you need to read and experi
Roxie Wojcik
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Readers
Damaged was a thoroughly engaging read that found me forcing myself not to jump to the end because its twists and turns keep you guessing til the end. And then...you pound your fist wanting the next book NOW(!!!)so that you can continue the journey with Stone and Audrey.

It's a very creative story with romance/ love, betrayal, friendship, and intrigue. I totally recommend reading Damaged if you have a love for the paranormal. I especially liked that it wasn't a totally predictable read and that B
L.L. Hunter
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who knows what I love to read, knows that I love mixed paranormal stories. The world the author has built is incredibly detailed and dense, but has so many characters and creatures that sometimes It felt a bit crowded and left me feeling a bit lost. It did however keep me thinking and I love books which do that also. It kept me thinking about one of my own story lines. Her writing though was superb and I cannot believe this is the author's first book! Thank you Ms Vincenza for making me g ...more
Sue
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was in a reading slump. There are so only many rock star, billionaire, biker books you can read before they become boring. So I thought, try a paranormal. Picking this was a brilliant choice. The concept is original, and you care about the characters. The combination of mystery, action, and romance is perfect. Best of all, this book is well written! I am very much looking forward to the next book in the series!
Bianca
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this book in one sitting- I couldn't put it down!
The storyline was intriguing and moved at a good pace - the world created within the book is full of mythical/supernatural creatures, ancient feuds and violence.
I couldn't help but get emotionally invested in the main characters and the more I found out about their pasts, the more I cared for them.
I'm looking forward to reading the next one!
Delta
Sep 02, 2014 added it
Recommended to Delta by: BookGorilla.com
Lesley
*****I received this book in exchange for an honest review.*****

I am giving Damaged an even 4.0. Because of my schedule, I had to read it in bits and pieces. When I wasn’t reading it, I wanted to be. There are several grammatical errors, but even so, I couldn’t help be feel compelled to find out what was going on with the main characters.

Plot:
Audrey was raised by an abusive father and then kidnapped, only to be placed in a setting where she was tortured even more and neglected for several years
Lillian
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the contents of this review.

Damaged
by Becca Vincenza is the first book of the Rebirth series and sets the stages for an interesting twist on the paranormal universe. The book opens with Audrey, a young woman who is being held prisoner and tortured daily for information she doesn't have. Stone is a part of a tactical team with a mission to infiltrate the facility when h
Meagan
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review

When this book was put up as a Read for Review, I quickly skimmed the synopsis and signed up. It sounded light enough and was advertised as a paranormal NA romance, something I've yet to venture into reading so I was like, "Meh. Might as well."

The author, Becca Vincenza, shot me my copy almost immediately, but I let it sit. Let me explain. One, I was having a busy week. Progress reports were due and I can't mix feedback for middle schoolers wi
Jayvalikka Garcia
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
First of all, I thank miss Becca for allowing me to read your book in exchange of an honest review. Overall, I gave this book a 4 out of 5 atars!

When I first got the book, I had not actually digested the synopsis I read. I dove in blind and expected nothing from this. At first, I stared at the cover and thought, "what could I possibly get from the story just by looking at the cover?" The answer would be "just another NA book" But I never would've guess it would be such a great read that I wanna
Vanessa Vendrasco-Aere
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it

I was immediately interested in this book when Becca Vincenza contacted me. The blurb had me enthralled right away and I couldn’t wait to read it.

This was a fairly short book, only 242 pages. I find that with short novels such as this, the plot tends to suffer a bit because everything is a bit rushed. This novel wasn’t an exception to this point. While there was a conflict, it was left on the back burner while the romantic aspect of the novel took center st
Cheryl La Pa
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading Damaged, the first book in the Rebirth series. It begins with the discovery of Audrey in a prison cell by Stone and his paranormal team. The story explores Audrey’s terrible past, while the relationship between Audrey and her rescuers evolve as she learns to trust and love again.

What I liked about this book
• The two points of view. I could understand both Stone and Audrey’s thoughts and I loved how the author sometimes showed the same scene twice, one from each person’s perspec
Ana LibrariAna
Note: I received this book in exchange for an honest review

Damaged is the first book in the Rebirth series and a debut novel by Becca Vincenza. The genre is what I would call a paranormal romance.

The book takes us to an amazing and complex world of paranormal beings and clan families. With the usual posy of vampires, werewolves and shifters, you get to meet wraiths, stone giants, valkyries, mermaids, sirens, and many more. It is like all the supernatural, paranormal and mythical creatures, you
My Bookbag by Karen
Jennifer Catz
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Damaged is an interesting story about a paranormal girl, Audrey, who has secrets locked away inside of her and has blocked them from her memory. Other people want these secrets and we find out that Audrey has been tortured and locked away in a prison cell for five years.

She gets rescued from this prison but she lives in constant fear that these new people are going to punish her, torment her, and torture her like her previous captives. She is scared of having common things like a soft bed, blank
  • Mated to the Alphas
  • The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)
  • Lily (The Blackwood Wolves Saga, #1)
  • New Regime (Rune Alexander #5)
  • Pyramid of the Moon (Sun and Moon, #1)
  • Senior Year Bites (The Clanless, #1)
  • Prophecy of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warriors, #1)
  • I'll Be Damned (Anna Wolfe #1)
  • The Ghosts of Rue Dumaine
  • Empyreal Illusions (The Inferno Unleashed #1)
  • Isabel (Immortal Dreams, #1)
  • Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)
  • Rising (Saga of the Setti, #1)
  • Obsession and Sacrifice (The Alaskan Heart Saga, #2)
  • Dreams of Perfection (Dreams Come True, #1)
  • Desired by the Pack: Part Four (Peace River Guardians, #4)
  • Destine (Watcher's Trilogy, #1)
  • Sword of Inquest (La Patron's Sword #1)

Becca Vincenza lives in wonderful Michigan. She has a love for Skittles, rainbows, Star Wars, and reading about hot men. When she’s not wearing her author hat, she’s working to pay off her student loans for her recently acquired English degree.

Rebirth (2 books)