Start by marking “Knight of Wands (Devices of War, #2)” as Want to Read:
Knight of Wands (Devices of War, #2)

Knight of Wands

(Devices of War #2)

Return to a world of mind blowing visuals, heart stopping action, and ships that sail the skies.

Nix, Queen of Wands, has exactly what she wants—Synn El’Asim, the greatest Mark the world has ever seen. Even though she bound his soul to hers, he is not easily controlled. If she wants him, she must do the one thing that pains her most. Let him go, and give him what he desires
Published November 2013 by Blooding Books

Start your review of Knight of Wands (Devices of War, #2)
S.M. Blooding
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
You know me. I love all of my books! But...this one? OMW! I love-love-LOVE this book.

It can be written as a stand-alone. I'm just letting you know. I worked very hard to get that.

OMW! SOOOOOOOOOO good! Some of my favorite scenes are in this book!
Melissa Haggerty
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Knight of Wands is the second book in the Devices of War Trilogy. I loved the first book, Fall of Sky City, and I was so excited to get to read book two. It was amazing to see what was happening in this beautiful world and to all the interesting characters. While this book wasn’t all about showing their Marks, or abilities, it was more political, it didn’t lose any of its appeal. The action was still there, but now interspersed with trying to gain peace in an unstable world.

The book centers on S
Ash Rowe
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I was given this book for my honest review….

In the first book we get a look into this wonderful world that S.M Blooding has created. We get to see the history of the Great Families and The Hands also learn about the “marks” that some of the people have. In this book we get to see how Synn and the others are working to shape their future.

This book had a more political aspect to it than the last. That aspect added more to it. S.M Blooding does a wonderful job at creating a beautiful world. She is
Phaedra Seabolt
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book in this series a while ago (review: http://www.identitydiscovery.net/2013/05/bookreview-fall-of-sky-city.html) and fell in love with it. I loved the setting and the conflict that was occurring. Synn El'Asim escapes control of the Hands, four Queens that are destroying the world he loves, only to wind up being captured at the end of Book 2 by them again. However, this time he is being "trained" to withstand the bond that he accidentally forged with Queen Nix. Queen Dyna is d ...more
W. Tinkanesh
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In the second volume of Devices of War, Synn Kadar El’Asim (not Primus, he insists) of the powerful Mark learns about politics. Nix Primus (Queen of Wands) would do anything, including killing and destroying, for Synn to be her knight. Dyna Domitius (Queen of Swords) claims she wants peace. Suddenly Nix offers a peace treaty with the remaining Great Families, and wants Synn to be the emissary.

Are the adults forgetting that Synn is young, intelligent and an idealist? And that he has friends watch
Stacey Blake
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had never read a steampunk fantasy novel before I read Fall of Sky City. I didn’t even know what it was. But I forged ahead and read it and was completely amazed. The author created such a fantastical world with unforgettable characters and I couldn’t wait to read this second installment.
The characters are growing and developing. Synn is trying to figure out his role in the world. And with some powerful and strong-minded women in the mix, he is in for a bit of a time of it.
He wants to do the r
Rae Ryans
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Knight of Wands is the second book in the Devices of War trilogy. While it can be read as a stand alone, there are obvious spoilers if you want to read book one first. I go more in-depth on the world there, but here's the cliff note's version.

"What I really loved most of all were the creatures, and the idea of symbiosis that occurred with the Families. It didn’t matter if it was land, sea, or the air, they worked and developed relationships with these creatures. The Hands were the complete oppos
Kristin
Oct 31, 2013 added it
Shelves: 2013
I'd like to thank the author and Promotional Book Tours for a chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
When I signed up for this review, I was a little leery, as it is the second book in a series, and I never do well with jumping into the middle of a series.However, the author promised that it could easily be a stand-alone. It sounded like an awesome book, so I jumped on the chance to read it.
I got burned again. If you can get past all the back story that you're missing that's h
Simone
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2013
I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review. This is book two in The Devices of War series. The story begins with Synn El'Asim still imprisoned by Queen Nix. He repeatedly resists the draw she has on him. Her sister, Dyna, decides to use Priestess Aiyanna to get information on the location of Ino City. Queen Nix releases Synn after she sends out a notice stating that as her Knight, Synn would be drafting a peace treaty. Will Synn receive complete freedom? Will Nix's evi ...more
Rebecca
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
The world is still amazing, the writing brilliant, and my issues with the main character have softened slightly as he's become a bit more self aware.

From the sneak peek at the next book, I suspect he regresses though, which will be annoying, because conflict due to being an arsehat is less interesting than working out how to manage yourself and interactions with other people.

I recommend this series for the world building and depth of character creation.

And if the author reads this review, you
Vered
Dec 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Synn has escaped Nix’s city, but not the Queen’s clutch. Desperate to rid himself of her influence and restore justice to his world, he launches a daring plan. But at what price?

The second book in the Devices of War Trilogy continues the story of Synn and his band of friends. Tribal politics take a central role in the book, as does Synn’s rising role amongst his tribe. While I enjoyed the new creatures introduced, I wanted to shoot Nix at various points in the story – enough already! This book c
Melissa
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
two things: first, can't wait for a paper copy to add to my shelf next to the first book. second, I really wish the next book came out tomorrow...
Krissy Smith
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Henry Braithwaite
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
A little slow at times, but it picks up and gets more intriguing. Def. worth the read.
Tameko
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An awesome story to read!

This is my first experience in reading a steampunk story that actually flows well from start to finish . Moving on to the next chapter!
Pauline Creeden
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love the book, can't wait for the next one! Review to come.
julien huval
Jul 24, 2015
Florence
Jun 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Frankie Blooding lives in beautiful Montana with her darling husband, Captain Alaska, and their demon cat, Tesla.

She’s dated vampires, werewolves, sorcerers, weapons smugglers and US Government assassins. Yes. She has stories.

Devices of War (3 books)
  • Fall of Sky City (Devices of War, #1)
  • Whispers of the Skyborne (Devices of War #3)