Start by marking “Tearing The Shroud (Shroud Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Tearing The Shroud (Shroud Trilogy #1)

Tearing The Shroud (Shroud Trilogy #1)

4.62  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
A New Adult Romantic Fantasy

Book 1 of the Shroud Trilogy

Fall in love, be possessed, hunt a sorcerer and save the world — and Vincent thought calculus was tough.

1984 — Vincent expected college to be about freedom and girls, but then the nightmares of sorcery, monsters and other worlds began. Not even the surprising attention from his dream girl, Julie, could shake them.

Befo
Published November 1st 2013 by Escape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tearing The Shroud, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tearing The Shroud

Maria Dodd
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via Lovers of Paranormal.

WOW. I loved it. What a cleverly thought out, well written book. It made me think trying to tie in the loose ends as we went along. The plot moved along nicely and kept me gripped. The characters were brilliantly written, consistent and interesting. I loved Vincent and Coleman. They were well formed and I loved the humour and the development of shy Vincent.

The two realms, separated by The Shroud, was very interesting
Catrina Barton
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC {through LOP} in exchange for an honest review.

It's been a long time since I left the ole D&D world behind, so reading a book about it surprised me. Mr. Bray has a unique way of describing the gamer's perspective as the characters play their game, which showcases the author's talents as a writer.

Vincent, and Coleman, have different personalities and watching them blend together to create Vinny was a treat. Each character {no matter how small a part} jumped to life from the
M.A. Grant
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's been a long time since I've read high fantasy or its cousins and Tearing the Shroud was a great return to the genre. With a complex plot line that blurs the division between two parallel worlds, I wasn't bored at any point. Combine that with a solid corp of characters, hints of a great power on its way to threaten Earth's existence, and a dash of the 1980s, and you'll understand what I mean.

Bray's characters were interesting and well-developed. It's sometimes hard for authors to strike a ba
Missy
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r-challenge
I received this book by the Author and the “Lovers of Paranormal” (LoP) Group on Goodreads, in exchange for an honest review. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity!

When I first saw the cover I was intrigued and the description pulled me in immediately. I was captivated by the creativity of the story line and all the twists and turns it took – it keeps you guessing all the way!

Captivating, Intriguing and Suspenseful

The Author did a wonderful job pulling you into Vincent and Coleman’s world. T
Danielle Knight
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r-challenge
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review (Lovers of Paranormal LOP). I absolutely loved this book. The author gives you a chance to know the chatacters and their personalities. The character Vincent is such a well rounded character. As Vincent allows another to occupy his body to help stop the tearing of the Shroud, the author protrays the battle between the two heros well. I can't wait to see what's next in the series.
Catherine Heloise
Feb 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book as a prize during the Australia Day Blog Hop, and it's not necessarily something I would have picked up on my own otherwise. So it's probably worth bearing this in mind when I say that I have mixed feelings about this novel.

There are definitely a lot of positives to it. The story was interesting - the idea of a sort of collaborative possession, where Vince chose to share his body with Coleman so that they could work together to defeat the powers of evil was creative and well
McKenzie Templeton
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it

Tearing The Shroud is an action-packed novel full of powerful fantasy and descriptive characters. A unique mix of gaming, inventive fantasy, action and drama, this novel is a one-of-a-kind novel that reaches new heights in the world of fantasy.

Fall in love, be possessed, hunt a sorcerer and save the world -- and Vincent thought calculus was tough.

1984 -- Vincent expected college to be about freedom and girls, but then the nightmares of sorcery, monsters and other worlds began. Not even the surpr
T.B. Markinson
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I received a review copy in exchange for an honest review.

The synopsis of this book intrigued me. I never played D&D when I was a kid, but many of my friends did. And I enjoy a good fantasy novel with a twist. At first I was pulled into the story. I enjoyed the interactions of Vince and his new friends: Flea, Sword, and Jules. It was interesting to watch them figure out their group dynamics. However, I think the pacing of the story was a bit off. So much attention is focused on the set up t
Amanda Braz
Nov 10, 2013
Kelley Harvey
Nov 11, 2013
J.M. Bray
Nov 14, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Stacey
Novels On The Run
Nov 21, 2013
Karen Prince
Nov 21, 2013
Simon Okill
Nov 22, 2013
Lovers of Paranor...: This topic has been closed to new comments. R2R {390} Tearing the Shroud COMPLETED 20 88 Apr 10, 2014 02:59PM

Shroud Trilogy (2 books)