Start by marking “Escape In You (Escape, #1)” as Want to Read:
Escape In You (Escape, #1)

Escape In You

(Escape #1)

This new adult contemporary romance contains mature themes and is recommended for ages 18+

This is a complete story with no cliffhanger!

Published October 13th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services (first published October 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Escape In You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escape In You

Michelle
Copy Provided by Publishers via Netgalley in exchanged for honest review

***3.25 stars***

Escape in You by Rachel Schurig was a decent read. This book had so much potential with these two complex and damaged main characters but I just couldn't connect with either of them.

Jet Taylor and Zoe Janes are two broken individuals who both comes from damaged homes. They both carry guilt, shame, burden, and abuses alcohol as a way to self-medicate their own problems. Both of their situations are rather u
Geri Reads
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it
A bit too depressing for my taste but it's really well written. I just couldn't deal with all the sad, sorry characters in this book. Still worth reading, in my opinion though, if you don't mind feeling a little depressed a bit. It has an HEA though, so at least there's something to look forward to. :)
Booknut
'But I want it to be more than that. I want it to be real. For the first time in my life, I want it to mean something.

And I want her to want that too.'

Sometimes the past has an ironclad grip on your future.

For Jet and Zoe, their past constantly dictates their lives. From the death of Jet's brother and his deteriorating home life, to Zoe's mother battling with insanity - both of them crave an escape.

An escape from the pain. An escape from their reality. An escape from being them.

Sometimes holdin
✿kawehi.reviews
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, october-2013
Review on bottom of book synopsis...

description

Book Synopsis: Jet Taylor is the quintessential bad boy. A womanizer. A fighter. Dangerous. The type of guy most girls do their best to avoid. But Zoe Janes is no saint herself. In fact, she sees in Jet the perfect opportunity to distract herself from her responsibilities at home and the mistakes that keep her trapped there. He’s gorgeous, likes to party, and is clearly only interested in having fun—just like Zoe. But the more time they spend together the ha
Maayan
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! I loved every minute of it <3 It was So sad and so beautiful at the same time .. I loved the bond that created between them .. How they were Holding on to each other like a lifeline .. Their relationship was beautiful ! Taylor is utterly my new book boyfriend ;)
Trish
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First of all I loved this story. It had heartache, tragedy, a great deal of sorrow, and unfortunate life events that are slowly killing Jet and Zoe emotionally.

Zoe has been making numerous sacrifices due to responsibilities at home and her feelings of guilt. She appears to be a party girl that just out to have as much fun as she can. But there is a much deeper element to her and a much more tragic story to her life.

Jet Taylor is known to all as the mysterious bad boy, that likes to party, a wo
Kelly
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
***ARC received through Netgalley***

Taylor and Zoe have both a shitty life, they are messed up in their own way and don't believe in happy endings. Partying, drinking and hooking up for fun is the only thing they know to keep their head above the water. So when they meet, they agree to keep things light (Yeaaah, sure)... And we all know what's going to really happened, don't we?

They have friends in common and hang out in the same crouds sometimes, an after a while they'll find out they need eac
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Thank you NetGalley for the copy of this book!

Two bad-ass characters in a love story is a great combination. Jet Taylor and Zoe Janes were two people who have guilt and burdens in life leaving them broken. As an escape, they both deal with alcohol and the supposed-to-be-just-for-fun-fling turned out into something they will hold on together and fall in love with each other.

It was a decent read. However, the story was predictable and some parts bored me. It's not that bad, but it could be more.
L.H. Brown
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holy crap! I'm pretty sure I literally felt my heart shatter towards the end of this book.

🔪💔

Luckily there is a happy ending 😆☺
Alissa Evanson
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs

Two people lost in their past and held hostage by their guilt come together and find a little bit of peace and quietness in each other. Set out as just a summer romance to have some fun they find something in each other that they each desperately need.

Zoe and Taylor seem so different on the surface. Two people from opposite sides of town who would never think they have anything in common find out they are more alike than they could ever imagine.

Zoe is a strong twenty-one year old who has s
Alissa Evanson
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs

Zoe is a strong twenty-one year old who has s
Michelle
Escape in You is the first book by Rachel Schurig that I have had the pleasure of reading. It is an emotional new adult contemporary that deals with some darker themes. Escape in your is told in a dual narrative, split between Zoe and Taylor's point of views. Zoe and Taylor both have a lot to deal with on their plates, both at home and personally. After reading the book, I realized how similar the two of them were. It was eerily how similar they were. They were both closed off and dealing with s ...more
Farrah
Mar 07, 2014 rated it liked it
A deep, emotional New Adult romance, Escape in You was a lovely read. I didn't love this book, but I did like it. It was a wonderful romance.

Both main characters were good. Both Zoe and Jet were strong and very loyal to their loved ones. Zoe was not to type to take crap from anyone and she very strong willed. Jet was sweet and the type of person that felt deeply. I had an issue with each of them, though. Zoe was much too prone to wallow in self pity. Sure, she had a lot of challenges to deal wit
Stacey
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, netgalley
***ARC provided by Netgalley***

Zoe's lived a difficult life. Her mom is messed up, her mom's husband is a grade A jerk-off, and the way she thought her life would be right now is completely different than it actually is. She spends her time going to Community College, taking care of her mom, and trying to escape her life.

During one of these attempts to escape, she meets Jet. Jet's had some struggles too. His brother passed away, his mother hates him, and his father has basically checked out. He'
Sami ♥'s Books
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! just wow. This story blew me away!
Jet and Zoe are two seriously emotionally damaged people. They both have tragically horrible excuses for mothers. They're also both drowning their sorrows with parties, meaningless sex, and substance abuse.
There was a nice little ending that wraps up all the loose ends - but I'd actually love for the story to continue in future books highlighting the other main characters, particularly Ellie and Fred. I'd also like to know if both their mothers received the
Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦
Jan 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Jet Taylor and Zoe Janes are both broken and they try to ignore their problems by partying. But when they meet each other, it is an instant connection which they have to settle between the fights and their everyday problems.

kissing gif photo: 12345.gif

I really liked the story but couldn't quiet connect with Zoe. This felt more like Young Adult and not New Adult which was a little confusing at times. I really tried to understand her pain and what she was going through. Overall, it's an amazing story but there are just co
Calatasde
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
ARC was givin by publisher thru Netgalley,So Thank you.

Sometimes I really hate to read broken people.Reading all sad story wants me to cry all night.Somehow this one was different. Also this book didn't feel like New Adult. It was like a Young Adult. Taylor and Zoe have both a shitty life, they are messed up in their own way and they don't believe happy ending. They only believe partying, drinking and hooking is better. So when they meet, they agree to keep feelings down.I enjoyed the story and
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Escape in You from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange of an honest review*

Escape in you made me cry, Taylor and Zoe have both been dealt a hand that sucks, and they have not been dealing with it very well.

My full review will be posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews on March 14th for the Blogtour.
Stacy
She is definitely dealing with much darker issues-mental illness, addiction, abuse etc. I like the redemptive nature of their relationship. I realize that many people do try to escape their issues with unhealthy behaviors, but it is still very tragic and heartbreaking.
Elaine
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Basically a story about two people struggling to cope with hopeless situations in their lives. They turn to alcohol and drugs to numb the pain of dealing with said issues and in the process find each other. It’s not as ‘erotic’ as the write up leads you to believe. It’s rather sweet and touches on mental awareness and alcoholism.
Jean Claudia (Bookish Poetess)
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This is undeniably good! The book is full of teenage angst and at the same time you can see the immaturity of both lead characters. But the character development as the chapter goes is superb! The leads’ chemistry is really something to look forward to. I highly recommend!

PS. This can be read as a standalone. No cliffhanger!
Zoe Tribley
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it
"I want to watch her fall over the edge, want to see her fall apart in my arms. But the edge is coming for me, too, and it's so overwhelming I almost can't take it. So I whisper her name, close my eyes, and, finally, find my escape in her."

To briefly say: I really liked this book. With very charming characters, especially Taylor, but also the good friends like Fred and Ellie, this book was a very enjoyable read that was also equally enlightening to all the ways people, families, and homes can b
Samantha Lewis
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked it!

This is a good read. I wish it didn’t take so long to find out their secrets but in the end it’s worth wait.
Shawanna
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jeanie's Kindle
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scary

Held my breath. From page to page, I was in constant fear of who was going to die. With all of the issues in this book, death was just a paragraph away.
Casey
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I really enjoyed this book. Escape in You is the first book that I have read by Rachel Schurig, but I will definitely be looking for more from her in the future. I thought this book was emotional and heartbreaking at times, but I really loved how Zoe and Jet were able to lean on each other. I felt bad for both of their characters, and they had been through so much. I liked seeing how they were able to grow and heal over the course of the book,
FicCentral
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
centralpickshijackedbyysar

ReasonsToRead
Zoe's life is nothing like she thought it would be.  Attending a small community college while nearly everyone else had headed off to college somewhere else, she spends the rest of her time worrying about and taking care of her mother, and avoiding her step-father, and trying to keep her head above water.  Her only real escape is time spent with the few friends she has.  Until she meets Jet.

Jet's been dealt a pretty awful hand as well.  Since his brother died, his mother spends her days drinking
Genissa
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Escape In You is a story about two people who couldn't be more different on the outside, but share common ground in regards to their pasts. However, under some differences in circumstance. They are both hurting, so they build facades to mask their pain. Zoe and Jet "Taylor" are going through the motions in life due to their dark and broken pasts, so they avoid feelings and commitments. A means of self-preservation. Taylor is the male counterpart to Zoe. They've had a bright life and futures ahea ...more
Kristen
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
GENRE: New Adult
THEME: Contemporary Romance
RECEIVED: Review for Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
An emotionally intense story of two broken people that find each other and seem to be the only piece of happiness they have. Schurig creates a compelling and hear retching story, the readers will root for each character to open up and escape the hell they have been living.

Escape In You follows Zoe, who lives day to day not knowing what mood her mothers going to be in and if her step
Kelsey
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, netgalley
ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I saw Escape In You as I was browsing the New Adult titles available on Netgalley. I'll be honest, this cover really drew me in. I don't know what it is about the cover, I just think it's cool! I had never heard of this book before seeing it on Netgalley, but I knew as soon as I read the synopsis that I would probably enjoy it.

Escape In You is about Zoe Janes and Jet Taylor. Jet is your typical party boy and womanizer. He has girls longi
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Page count 2 12 Feb 03, 2017 02:58PM

• Her Perfect Game (Hot & Nerdy, #2)
  • Safe in His Arms
  • Echo Bay Christmas
  • The Art of Letting Go (Uni Files #1)
  • Detrás de un espejismo
  • The City of Souls
  • Break My Fall (No Limits, #1)
  • Infatuated
  • Butterfly
  • Return To Cardamom
  • Bayward Heart (Cascade Brides, #2)
  • Aundes Aura
  • Unintentional Virgin
  • The Reporter and The Girl MINUS The Super Man!
  • Covert Assignment (Covert #1)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Yours (Tennessee Waltz, #2)
  • Texas Redeemed (Night Sky, #1)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)

Escape (2 books)
  • Escape With You (Escape, #2)
“Quiero escaparme en ti.” 0 likes