Start by marking “The Bridge from Me to You” as Want to Read:
The Bridge from Me to You

The Bridge from Me to You

Lauren has a secret. Colby has a problem. But when they find each other, everything falls into place.

Lauren is the new girl in town with a dark secret. Colby is the football hero with a dream of something more. In alternating chapters, they come together, fall apart, and build something stronger than either of them thought possible--something to truly believe in.
Published July 29th 2014 by Point

To ask other readers questions about The Bridge from Me to You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Sarah Keeney She wanted to go with her mom because they are family. But she then realized that she wants to stay.

Lisa
Feb 14, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hi! I'm the author of this book, and I thought I'd tell you a little bit about it in addition to the official "publisher's description."

It's a book about small town life, about dreams, about what family and friendship mean, and about helping someone else be the best version of themselves. The story is told from two points of view - Colby's and Lauren's. It's similar in that respect to how Brooklyn and Nico tell the story in CHASING BROOKLYN.

A couple of my favorite authors read it and had super

This was an okay YA contemporary romance, but it wasn’t very memorable. I did like the mystery over why Lauren was living with her uncle and his family, but the book was just missing something for me.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Lisa Schroeder is one of the very first authors as an adult I can remember reading in verse and absolutely loving. Her work hasn't changed over the years and while this is told in both verse and traditional story dialogue, it was absolutely wonderful and every bit as heartfelt and emotional that all her stories told strictly in verse are.
I loved Lauren and Colby and their stories were both realistic and well done for such a short book. I truly loved this.
Dawnie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok

This book wasn't bad, but it was not good either.

It had HUGE potential, great ideas, nice plot points, pretty good characters and an overall story that would work... if done properly... which sadly? This is not how you handle this type of story -at least in my option.

Lets start with what i DIDN'T like:
- That Lauren's chapters where written in verse.
Not only that but in a very strange verse. Its not rhyming. Its not any kind of actual verse that i know of. Its just not actually "writ
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: true-book-love
I read this in one sitting and it was a major nostalgia trip for me. So much reminded me of my own high school years in small town Oregon, football, driving around, going for Slurpees because that's the only thing to do, all of that. This is a quiet story, but it also packs a lot of feeling and heart into the story (which I could say for all of Lisa's books), which is just the way I like it.

-------------------

I am so excited there's going to be a new Lisa Schroeder YA novel next year. And it's h
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was ok

I completely blame Lisa Schroeder for my verse novel cravings. Just one visit a couple of years ago with her magical way with words had me hooked! So needless to say I was really looking forward to this book.

The Bridge From Me to You combines verse and prose. Brilliant! The chapters alternate voices and styles. We meet and hear Lauren in verse and Colby in short prose chapters. I wish I could say this story, characters and style worked for me, but I cannot.

At times, the magic was there...Pages
Maggie
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014, ebook, ya

The Bridge From Me to You isn't a bad book, it's just not a book for me and I honestly don't think it's a book that will appeal to many of my YA-reader friends or the people who read this blog (who I also like to think of as my friends). It's not poorly written or silly, but it felt very outdated and, this is really evil of me to say, but kind of like what people must be referring to when they talk about how YA books aren't "as good" as adult books.

I was pretty much immediately set up n
Nemo
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
For a Full and Edited review go to : Blame it on the Book

I’m not a huge poetry fan, in fact the only real YA poet I’ve read is Ellen Hopkins. Even though I loved her books, after reading one of them, I’d need a lot of ice cream and tissues to get over it. So when I started the Bridge from Me to You I was prepared with tissues and some Breyers. Thankfully though, I didn’t need them as much as I thought. Even though it wasn’t a happy book, it did leave me feeling inspired and It left me feeling
Kelly Hager
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've never seen Friday Night Lights but this book is what I imagine it to be like. If I'm correct, I need to start watching that show as soon as possible.

Because this book is about football, at least in part, and it made me wish that I actually understood and watched the sport (at least a little). This is the highest praise that I can give anything, ever, because I am someone who absolutely hates sports.

This book is for people who love football and people who don't. It's basically for anyone who
Eli
This book is written in verse.

I didn’t know that before I went into it.

But it turned out being okay anyway.

One of the things I really disliked about Lauren was how stereotypically I’m a girl with a problem and I don’t want you to get anywhere close to me because I’ll probably hurt you but I really want to be close to people she is. It’s incredibly annoying in YA, and it comes up on different scales of intensity. THE BRIDGE FROM ME TO YOU was irritating in that sense and hard to read, not only be
Stacee
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was not what I was expecting, but in a good way. From the synopsis, I thought there was going to be a lot of angsty time and I'm just not a fan of that. Somehow I requested it anyways.

Lauren and Colby are both great MCs. Their situations a similar in an odd way and they mesh together really well. Lisa's prose is quite lyrical and I loved the alternating POVs. I enjoyed the little slice of time we got to see in their lives, and for once, was completely satisfied in the open ending.

**Huge t
Brittany
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A-freaking-dorable.

I got sucked into the mindless sappy love story of this one. It's full of subtle twists and turns, great lessons about friendship and family, and some perfect one-liners.

Colby is so darn likeable from the beginning. He should be an arrogant tool, but he's not. He deals with the pressure so well and falls in love so sweetly, I really loved him.

This book is cheesy and too good to be true. But it felt so good going down, I didn't care.
Nadja
I quite liked this young adult romance. Girl likes boy, boy likes girl and both have their problems in life to solve. But no unnecessary drama/love triangle or whatsoever. The town setting and spirit reminded me a lot of Dillon from Friday Night Lights. The style of the book was also nice with the prose and the verse. Yet I have to say that often the verse part feeled more like prose simple divided into verse than lyrical poetry.
Courtney Mobley
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lauren moved to a small town. She was trying to adjust to this new town while dealing with a broken heart. Then here comes the star football player. He is trying to find out what else he wants. Then him and Lauren get closer. As they get closer they try to help each other find what the other is looking for. Will they be able to find it? This is what I'm going to find out as I continue to read. I will be sure to update you all.
Candace
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Bridge from Me to You is a quiet and beautiful story. It was a fast read that was told in half-verse (maybe a bit less than half) and had me enraptured immediately.

Characters~ Lauren is a wonderful character with this beautiful gentleness to her. She has a quiet but strong personality. Because we get alternating perspectives I felt like we get to know her even better. We see her in her head, but we also see her from Colby’s POV which gives us a different view. We see her strengths- believing
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

**Find this and other reviews, plus fun stuff, on my blogs! Booklikes or Blogspot**

Basic Info

Ending: 3

Total: 4

In Dept

Best Part:
The MC isn't a typical "girl"
Worst Part: Dumb love
Thoug
Jennifer Rodgers- Cabrera
The Bridge from Me to You is a story that will forever be in my heart and mind. It is on equal par as The Fault In Our Stars in my opinion.

The story follows a dual perspective of Lauren, a girl who is living with her aunt and uncle after a tumultuous relationship with her mother, and Colby a star football player who is trying to decide what happens after the season is over.

I truly loved how the characters helped each other really find themselves. They didn't rush into love like some teen stories
Autumn Bloss
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book, The Bridge from Me to You was amazing. The two main Characters are Lauren and Colby. Lauren is a girl that that moved to a small town and feels that no one understands her. Colby is a known football player in the small town. Lauren moved to the small town that Colby is well known at. Colby and Lauren hit it off really well and in fact they get a special relationship. During this, Colby in under a lot of stress. Benny, Colby's best friend, got into a bike accident and has head trauma. T ...more
Kaelyn C
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I picked this book up and started to read I didn't enjoy is as much as I wished, now that it is over I am heartbroken. It was this amazing story about this girl named Lauren who came to live with her aunt and she meats Colby a star football player, then they fall in love, but since Colby is a star football player he has a lot on his mind. Another event that sadly happened is that his best friend got into a motorcycle accident and had to go to a rehabilitation center in Atlanta. I won't spoi ...more
Liza Wiemer
Stayed up late to finish reading THE BRIDGE FROM ME TO YOU. I fell in love with these characters. Two people who needed each other to find the courage to to stand up for themselves and get what they need. Themes of friendship, community, family, health, life's blessings.

"I believe," which is a theme of this novel, is a beautiful mantra that can take us almost anywhere.

Full review to come.
Gianna
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

The Bridge From Me To You
By: Lisa Schroeder

One small town of two hearts trying to heal and building something new and special while all are under pressure. Believing in yourself and others helps you be motivated so that you can end up being successful in life. We have a lot of romance novels but this story is one that some can connect with. Have you ever wanted to see someone so badly but you don’t know when the next time they will even contact you? Until something suddenly better comes along
Anabelle Tremor
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reading
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! This is one of my favorite books!! The ending was so great!! And I loved that the romance was not inappropriate but it was still good romance but it was light romance!! Totally loved this book and wait to read more from this author!!
Rhianna Morgan
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
LAUREN
has moved to a new small town to live with her aunt and uncle. She just wants someone to love her for who she is instead of who they think she is. She is constantly having nightmares and seeing a therapist for something that happened in her past. All she is looking for is LOVE and to escape the FEAR she is living with everyday. Until she meet a boy who helps her see how beautiful life can be when you let all that fear go and live in the moment. He doesn't care about what happened in the pa
Sherry
When I finished The Bridge from Me to You, by Lisa Schroeder, I was grinning from ear to ear. It was just that kind of uplifting story that my whole heart connected with. There was nothing earth shatteringly original in terms of plot or characters, but the writing and story were really well done. Normally if I give a book five stars, I loved the main characters, but in this case it was the play between characters I loved. It was the hint of romance—the absolute certainty that these two wanted to ...more
Ashlyn
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
"I believe!"

This was a really cute book that had a very powerful message. I hardly ever cry when I am reading a book. The last book I cried when I read was about three years ago, so I was surprised by how much I teared up in this book. I did not cry, but I defiantly came close a couple of times.

The story was told in alternating points of view between Lauren and Colby. Lauren's mom had kicked her out of the house, so she had just moved in with her aunt, uncle, and little cousins to a small tow
Sandra (Waiting For Wentworth)

This was an enjoyable story told in dual POV which I enjoyed because I was able to see both sides of the story. Colby's side was told using regular prose, while Lauren's side of the story was told in verse. I enjoyed the verse aspect, but I didn't like the use of it strictly for Lauren because it made her side of the story feel lacking, especially when compared to Colby's story which was more fleshed out.

I enjoyed Colby's character, but for most of the book he didn't feel real to me. There were
kari
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, 5-star
The two voices work well in this book. Colby's portion is told in typical fashion while most of Lauren's past is verse. This works well, although I think I enjoy Schroeder's all verse books better.
While the voices were clear, their thoughts sometimes weren't. Colby, despite being talented and enjoying the game, doesn't want to play football in college. He simply says he's over playing, but he really enjoys being part of a team. I'm not sure I completely understood his reasons, but I could go wi
Sierra
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was a cute little contemporary read. I did really enjoy it, but there were some things I wasn't such a fan of. First of all, the way that the chapters were set up with Colby's as normal prose and Lauren's written in verse. I wasn't really a fan of it, because sometimes reading in verse takes me a little while to get used to and I never really had time, because the chapters were only a few pages long and then it would be Colby's turn again. Also, because Lauren's chapters were written i ...more
Peyton
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I give The Bridge from me to you 5 out of 5 stars because I think that this book is amazing! My second strongest reason is: 1. Has an amazing story line. 2.It also has a great points of view. 3. Also every time it changes points of view I know it because it’s very clear beginning of the next subject. My third strongest reason is: This book is a great example of normal everyday life. It also has an amazing way of showing how the characters feel about things, in other words, it has great detail! T ...more
Amber Addison
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Just like every other Lisa Schroeder book I've read, I loved this one.. She writes some of the most uplifting stories (even though sometimes she makes me visit ghosts that break my heart).

THE BRIDGE FROM ME TO YOU gives you hope for the future, despite how hopeless your situation feels at the present.

It reminds you that sometimes, the best gifts in life - come from terrible tragedy and circumstance. It reminds you that when you believe, and you keep the faith, you can do anything.

You can get

• The Natural History of Us (The Fine Art of Pretending, #2)
  • Summer of Yesterday
  • Just Like the Movies (If Only . . ., #7)
  • The Prince of Venice Beach
  • Mayday
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Fragile Line
  • No Place
  • Signed, Skye Harper
  • Stronger Than You Know
  • Wildflower (Wildflower, #1)
  • Keep Me in Your Heart: Letting Go of Lisa / Saving Jessica / Telling Christina Goodbye
  • The Sound of Letting Go
  • The Things You Kiss Goodbye
  • The Night Has Teeth (Lycan Code #1)
  • Pulled Under (Sixteenth Summer #2)
  • The Opposite of Love
  • A Blind Spot for Boys
Lisa Schroeder is the author of more than twenty books for kids and teens. Her latest young adult novel is ALL WE HAVE IS NOW, and the latest novel for 8-12 year olds is SEE YOU ON A STARRY NIGHT, both with Scholastic. She lives in Oregon where she spends her time reading, writing, baking yummy treats, and hiking with her family.

twitter: www.twitter.com/lisa_schroeder

I don't want to choose

Because the thing about
choices?

You get something
while you lose something else.

If you choose wrong
you risk losing

everything.”
8 likes
“It's hard to be happy in the now when you can't stop worrying about the future. What I want is to trust that everything will work out. To believe with all my heart that I'll end up where I belong.” 0 likes