Start by marking “Woe in Kabukicho” as Want to Read:
Woe in Kabukicho

Woe in Kabukicho

She never sought a connection… but a chance encounter with a beautiful stranger in Tokyo’s pleasure ward grants her one heartfelt desire…

A visit to a host bar in Kabukicho while on a business trip to Japan results in a chance encounter with Sky, an incredibly sexy man whose job it is to entertain lonely women. When Sky offers to take things way beyond the pouring of cockta
Published September 17th 2013 by Incantatrix Press (first published September 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Woe in Kabukicho, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woe in Kabukicho

PJ
3.5 Stars

Note: I read this book a year or so ago and only just found I hadn't marked it as Read.

This is the story about a brief encounter between two individuals and how their lives can be changed as a result. It's only a few pages and selfishly I would have enjoyed it had it been a bit longer; however, it is a novella for a reason and should be judged as such.
LVLMLeah
Sep 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, contemporary
This is an engagingly yummy little story. I’m rather fond of Madelynne Ellis’ writing and in this story it’s no different. Normally I’m not too hot on first person present POV, but in this case, it created a certain ambiance that I found intriguing.

There's no name for the heroine in this case, the story is all told from “I” so I’ll refer to her as “the heroine,” although this is not a romance story, really. It’s a short little erotic story about a woman who has had a nasty break up with her main
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
I've been a fan of Madelynne Ellis ever since I read Dark Designs, a yummy erotic novel with a definite yaoi flavor. I happened to come across this short story while browsing for something else and figured since she gave me the extremely hot biker-boi Takeshi, what would she do with a Japanese host club?

Woe in Kabukicho is a bittersweet tale of connection, lust and in the end, new beginnings. I'm actually a fan of the first-person narrative because it's very hard to write without the narrator ge
Saskia Walker
Nov 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an intriguing short story by an established and talented writer of erotic fiction. Woe in Kabukicho focuses on a relationship between a British woman and a man she meets in a Japanese host bar. It’s a delicious dip into Japanese culture, and the writer has a knack of capturing the experience of being in a Japanese city through vivid, sensuous imagery, which only makes me wish it was longer. (Though the author's note tells me the male protagonist features in another book, so I'll be looki ...more
Sassafrass
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2012
this was a quick and hot read. I loved the way that it ended. I wasn't expecting it, but the author really did a great job with that ending. The author also made a note that the guy in this story is seen again in another story so I'm going to have to hunt that down and read it too.
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
This is a bit of a prequel to Enticement by Madelynne Ellis - introduces us to Kit who then goes on to meet up with Ross and Evie in Enticement.

Kit is working in a bar as some sort of a geisha boy and meets a woman on a business trip who has been having marriage difficulties because she and her husband have been trying to conceive and sex has become one more chore. This is a nice little vanilla with a twist quicky.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
A quick and easy read, it reminds me of a few stories I like on Literotica. This is a twist where the purchased escort is a male with a female executive. This is a 2.5 star. It's not quite a good read but more than okay. I like how the Brit hires a non-Japanese "host" for a good time. Then she ends in a sexual therapy session. I find that sexual therapy is too underrated. It would help out more people if they just opened their mind (not just their legs.)
Angel **Book Junkie**
I hate to do it but, there was not much of this book that I found interesting. I gave the extra star because it was one hot sex scene. This story was way too short and I wanted more to the story. I wanted some more background and development. Entirely too short I think if it was a little longer it would have been a 4 or maybe 5 star read.
Autumn
Feb 02, 2019
Wendy
Aug 10, 2016
Kate88
rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2015
Oct 18, 2013
Andrea Pineda
Feb 19, 2019
Madelynne Ellis
Jan 30, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
ℕℰЅЅᎯ
Jul 21, 2016
Dec 18, 2016
Jujubee
Mar 04, 2017
Madelynne Ellis is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author of erotic romance. She stared writing on a whim, after a friend suggested she give writing a "Black Lace" novel a go. The rest is history.

Madelynne writes focuses on a mixture of contemporary and Regency-set novels, and has been translated into a variety of languages.

She's a decaf drinker, has a healthy obsession with a certai