Start by marking “Down and Out (Knockout Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Down and Out (Knockout Love #1)

Down and Out

(Knockout Love #1)

*Don’t read this book if you don’t like snarky, dominant, tattooed men who say things like “Open your mouth, and I will,” after you tell them to shove it. And don’t read this book if you don’t like sassy, strong-willed, fiercely independent heroines who use phrases like “bossy asshole” as a term of endearment. You have been warned.*

“Tattooed package of sin.”

That’s how Sav
286 pages
Published September 28th 2014 by Kelley R. Martin

To ask other readers questions about Down and Out, please sign up.
Tracy Yup. This book could totally be read as a stand alone. But THANK GOD there will be more.... I need more =)

Beverly
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars

Declan has worked his ass off to become number one in the underground fighting ring. That success has come from his dedication to winning, part of that dedication is no distractions. So when the beautiful, troubled girl comes in asking for a job he knows that while he feels obligated to help her, he can’t get involved with her.

One second, Declan, that’s all it takes. One second of you being less than a hundred percent, and you’re on the ground while he takes the lead.”

Savannah is a
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 2,5-3 "cheesy much?" STARS **

“Declan, I want to touch your c*ck.”

“Slow down there, Kitten, this is our first date. I’m not gonna let you touch my c*ck on our first date. I’m not that kind of guy.

This book offers something different than what we've gotten used to reading in Romance books over the years. It's not a “insecure and frail girl falls for the broken but sexy bad boy” kinda story. In fact, it's the heroine that is haunted by ghosts from the past and the hero that keeps pursui
Catarina
4 Fighting Stars!

description

Savannah is going through a hard time (actually, a hard life in general) and she ends up looking for a job in a gym. When she asks for the owner she finds out that is no one less than Declan. Sexy, tattooed, badass and champion fighter Declan.
There’s an immediately attraction between them but Savannah's fears stop her from wanting more and for a while they settle on being kind of friends. Except that Declan wants more and is willing to do anything to have her.
What he doesn’t k
Liv ☾
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!

☾OH MY FLIPPING GOODNESS! This book came out quite a while ago but as usual, I didn't read it until now...what's new?

☾Declan is like the PERFECT guy. I know perfect in real life in unachievable but I'm pretty sure he's the closest thing to perfect in my book. The way he treats Savannah is how every guy should treat a girl. Even before he got to know her he treated her like gold. Yes, he saved her from sleeping in her car, having to do ridiculous things for money, but most of all he tr
✿kawehi.reviews
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I was offered an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thanks a bunch hun!! ☆

#Holy batman, that was hot!!

Savannah Ryan

description

is a 20-year old woman trying to take control of her own life and start anew. She is a runner by nature and doesn’t believe in happy ever after’s. With a gritty past of hers, who would?

Finding herself sh*# out of luck and desperate for a job, Savannah steps into Whitmore & Son Gymnasium as her last resort, only to lay eyes on a certain “tattoo packed of s
Jen
3.75 Stars

I truly enjoyed this book for the most part, but I'm noticing a trend lately that has my panties in a twist. Why oh why do the majority of the heroines I've been reading about lately insist on keeping their menfolk at arms length for the majority of the book? The couple start to get close and BAM! Misunderstanding followed by all kinds of awkwardness. I. Am. Exhausted by it! Down and Out was well written and I liked the two main characters for the most part, but my enjoyment was hamper
Polly
Sep 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: talk-dirty-to-me

Started strong then fell flat....

Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 4-star-books
4 Fighting Stars

If you are a fan of the Worth Fighting Series, then Down and Out is for you. It has the right amount of romance and fighting to keep you interested

Savannah

I love me a damsel in distress lady and Savannah fits the bill. She bounces from job to job, doing almost anything she can to save enough money for college. She’s homeless and can barely take care of herself. She finds a help wanted sign in front of a gym and decides to apply.

Declan

Declan is the sexy owner of the gym and automa
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
MY RATING ☆☆☆☆☆ STARS: Down and Out by Kelley R. Martin

5 Panty Wetting Tattooed Package of Sin Stars

☆ Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review ☆
~ THANK YOU ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

First off I have to mention this cover, being a cover hoe it ticks my box of drool worthy cover of hotness overload!!

Get prepared to make Declan your next book boyfriend, he doesn't have a filter on his mouth but that's what makes him sooo freaking appealing he just has no idea of half the boundaries he
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this one!! LOVED it! A great read!
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
This book started well, I loved Declan - he was such a darling and underground fighter with tattooed and pierced lips.

But the story went little annoying with her heroine. She ruined the story. Some parts didn't make sense considering her situation. She was too much.

I wouldn't re-read this story again.

D xo
Lindsay
4.5

This book was freaking awesome!

I'll admit that I was a little hesitant to start this just because I'm burned out on fighter books. But once I started, I just couldn't put it down.

I completely fell in love with Declan. He was the perfect mix of tough alpha and sweetness. He knew the perfect things to say that had me melting. And I loved the banter between him and Savannah. They had me cracking up.

Unfortunately, there was one thing that didn't work for me...Savannah. Don't get me wrong, for t
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
Enjoyed this one. Good banter between the characters. Did get a little cheesy towards the end and of course I deducted for gray eyes....Maybe I'll do a longer review later....I'm lazy... :)
Dilek VT
I lost interest in it... couldn't feel their chemistry.
And I hate the trope of unplanned pregnancy...
Mariℓina
Oct 02, 2014 marked it as to-read

EXCERPT:

Jerkin’ my own gherkin is not something I do often, but when I do, it’s always in the shower. Clean up is so much easier that way, but I don’t feel like taking a shower for the sole purpose of busting a nut right now.
“BINGO.” I finally find an old bottle of Jergens and squirt a liberal amount into my palm, then pull my boxers down under my balls and slide my lathered hand along my shaft.
Shit, it’s cold.
It warms up after a couple pumps, and pretty soon the silky, gliding pressure has my h
Abby A.
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Roksana
I liked the idea of "the hero" chasing the girl and not the opposite and the characters were likable enough, but I have to say that before they met the hero and heroins attitude towards casual sex with a completer strangers that they didn't even remembered their names is not appealing at all! I will never be ok with that kind of regard to sex life..I know its a current norm, but I will never be ok with that....a guy/woman that goes through their sexual partners like a pair of gloves just for the ...more
Rag
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 "tattooed package of sin" stars

photo image_zpsbefce7f6.jpg

Savannah is jobless,homeless,and broke. She sleeps in her car and only has 3 dollars and some change for food. She goes to a Help Wanted gym for a job. All other jobs she applied for wont take her because she's a high school dropout. When she walked in Whitmore & Son Gymnasium she meets Declan aka sexy boss. Declan eventually found out that kitten is sleeping in her car. He takes her in and let's her stay at his apartment.

They soon agree to have sex-witho
Nikki
I freaking loved this book! Declan is totally perfect in every way! *dreamy sigh* I came across this randomly and it called to me so I started it immediately! I can honestly say there wasn't anything in Down and Out that I didn't like! The banter between Declan and Savannah was hilarious and the sexual tension was palpable. I was so ready for them to get it on! ;) I did get bothered with how Savannah treated Declan a few times but I also could see where she was coming from seeing as her childhoo ...more
Reanell Tisdale
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5+++ 'I NEED more Declan' stars!!

How do I even begin to describe how much I adored this book? I have 2 favorite types of books, fighters and MC's. Down and Out is about Declan Whitmore who happens to be a fighter. So when I was contacted through my blog to read this I jumped at the chance.

Savannah Ryan is down on her luck. Moving from one shit job to another she finally decides it's time to find a job where she isn't tempted to do things she wouldn't do normally. That's when she applies for a jo
Snow
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
And just when I said that I'm done with fighters for a while...then Declan comes along and shatters every sane thought that I have left.

Damn, this was good. Very good. Like beyond description good.

It was a mixure of J. Lynn's Wait for you and C. Hoover's Slammed enter the fighting modus operandi with snarky, sassy dialogs; bold, hot and incredibly heartwarming male character who's fighting for a broken yet filled with inner strenght girl...

enough said!

now, there's a true knockout love story.
Christy Bailey
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book had a good storyline to it. It went through some difficult topics and some of the characters were a bit whiney but for the most part it was a good read. It was very emotional but I have to say that I fell in love with Declan from the very beginning. He was one sweet sexy alpha that's for sure!
Sweet Daisey
Reviewing Down and Out was tough for me. I liked the book but I think I could have liked it more. Declan was everything I could want in a book boyfriend, alpha, sexy, tattooed, potty mouthed, underground mma fighter.. And he’s was so sweet and caring. When he finds out his new employee, Savannah, is homeless and sleeping in her car he is really upset. With sexy alpha style he grabs her stuff and moves her into his condo above his business. He opens up his home, gives up his bed and does everythi ...more
Evelin
Sep 15, 2014 marked it as dnf
Shelves: fighters
Ohhh, can't wait!! This one sounds so good

DNF at 74%

That's it, it's my destiny that if I reallyreally like the blurb and I think the book is going to be fantastic then the reality is just the opposite:(

I already stopped reading this book on last Sunday, but I thought I was definitely going to finish it and now it's basically been a whole week and I just can't..I have no motivation.

Why DNF? Because I HATE(it's a strong word I know) the heroine, she's soooooo annoying and if the main character isn
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Awesome Fighter Story!
I enjoyed reading this book! It was a nice surprise.

I loved the fact that Declan just took care of Savannah and didn't give up on her even when she couldn't admit her feelings for him

Awesome story!
Jan
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jessica
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this but there needed to be just a little more at the end.
Laci
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Really Cute and Enjoyable Read. More people should be reading this book.
Caroline
I don't know what to say about this book. I liked it. I wanted to punch the girl. I want to marry the guy. There's things that happened too fast. There was things really sweet and nice.

I won't be able to write a proper review. So... that's it.

I say: read it. It will enchant you.

giphy.gif (500×258)

• NOT A BOOK: The Tornado
  • Dare (Brothers of Ink and Steel #1)
  • Too Consumed (Consumed, #2)
  • Caged (Bound by Cage, #1)
  • The Care and Feeding of Unmarried Men (The Wisegirls, #2)
  • Among the Echoes (Wrecked and Ruined, #2.5)
  • Mirage
  • Take Care (Take #1)
  • Bucking Bear (Pounding Hearts, #3)
  • A Walk in the Night and Other Stories
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
  • Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter, #2)
  • Maybe This Time (Maybe, #1)
  • Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)
  • The Picnic and Suchlike Pandemonium
  • Knock Out (Worth the Fight, #1)
  • Fighting Love (Love to the Extreme, #2)
  • The Fighter's Girl (The Fighters of Absinthe, #1)
Kelley lives in East Texas, but she swears it's not all country music and cowboy boots... Okay, some of it is, but not all of it. She's got an amazing husband, who continues to inspire her every day. Even after twelve years and two ridiculously cute little girls.

Knockout Love (3 books)
  • Sink or Swim (Knockout Love #1.5)
  • Sucker Punched (Knockout Love #2)
“Are you sure you’ve never wooed a girl before? You’re very good at it.” “I’m not trying to woo you. I’m trying to ruin you for all others.” 19 likes
“I don’t have it in me to deny her this, no matter how mad I am or how hurt. I’ll always want her, regardless of what she does or what painful words she throws my way. All she has to do is say the word, and I’m hers.  That probably makes me weak and pathetic, but right now I don’t care. Because right now I’m pulling her to me and bending down to kiss her. ” 5 likes