Start by marking “Race to Kill (Love and Scandal, #1)” as Want to Read:
Race to Kill (Love and Scandal, #1)

Race to Kill

(Love and Scandal #1)

When fiercely independent Vivian Reese is thrust onto the national stage during a heated presidential campaign, she doesn't expect to become a media darling. She also doesn't expect to start to fall for her sexy new bodyguard, Marcus Locke. But when threats start surfacing against the sitting President's campaign and all evidence points to Vivian, she doesn't know who to t ...more
Published October 4th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Race to Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Race to Kill

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 stars

Nothing is ever as clear cut as it seems.

Well looks like I just found me a new Romantic Suspense author to love.

Race to Kill was a thrill ride from beginning to finish. It will keep you guessing until the very end with a mystery that draws you in from the very first chapter.

I happen to have a few triggers when it comes to reading books, "Delta Force Operator turned FBI agent" happens to be one of them. What? I happen to have a type here.

(though Navy men do it for me too) Well, you get
Dee
Vivian is the newly appointed spokeswoman for the senator’s presidential campaign when her predecessor/boss fell critically ill. The situation was difficult enough with opposition to her appointment from senior campaign staff but the tension was soon ramped up when it was discovered that she had a stalker.

Marcus was an undercover FBI agent posing as security and was assigned to be Viv’s bodyguard and keep her safe which suited him as she was one of his prime suspects. Needless to say sparks fle
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
**** 4 Suspenseful Campaign Stars ****

Book provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

I normally don't read the genre Romantic Suspense but in this case, I'm glad that I agreed to review this book. It is fast paced and kept my interest the whole time. I kept trying to figure out "who dunnit" and would find out a bit later, I was wrong.

I enjoyed that I couldn't figure out who the bad guys were until almost the very end and I loved how the author was able to keep me swerving in different
Crystal~BIG book addict~
3.5 Conspiracy Stars!

Viv has recently been appointed the new spokeswoman for Senator Nelson's presidential campaign. She is more exposed to the public with television appearances for interviews. Because of this attention, she has gained a stalker.

Marc Locke is former Delta who now works for the FBI. His assignment is to go undercover working security for Senator Nelson's campaign to investigate illegal funding. Here he meets Viv and the attraction is instant between them. After spending a little
Jonetta
The set up
Vivian Reese is suddenly elevated to campaign spokesperson for Senator Nelson's presidential campaign when her mentor has a heart attack. She's more than qualified but it's a huge move. Marcus Locke joins the campaign as private security but he's really an undercover FBI agent looking to find who's behind some illegal campaign finance activities.

The issues
Soon after Marcus goes undercover, threats against the sitting president begin and evidence points to Vivian. However, she also is
Jamie
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this one! I've always been a big fan of ehe romantic suspense genre, although I've not been reading as much of it lately as I used to.. But Rachel Kall definitely knows how to write a sexy story with plenty of suspense and a story that keeps you guessing until the very end...

Vivian ...

Political campaign advisor that really knows her stuff.. she's smart, beautiful and NOT weak! She loves her job and she's damn good at it. She's always been mostly behind the scenes until a turn
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--Political Schmolitical--Stars!!

So, yeah....politics

But I do like to dabble in the romantic suspense genre so I gave this one a try. And it was enjoyable enough. I wouldn't say it WOWED me or anything but I was entertained and pretty much read it in one sitting.

Vivian is the lead campaign spokesperson for one of the parties during the recent presidential election, thrusting her in to the spotlight.

Marc is former Delta Force and is working undercover investigating possible illegal campaign
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
This was a decent read....I love Romantic suspense but am not a big fan of the political stuff....but I thought...Let's give it a try!

Vivian is the campaign spokesperson and Marc who is working undercover is placed as her bodyguard to Vivian.

danger photo tumblr_m9gejbTIK31rnbgkp_zps06c57248.gif

They fall in love

photo tumblr_lick2u7HeK1qi9ecjo1_400_zps243bab40.gif

Then something happens and it has them investigating who did it....

And finally at the very end you get your answer!!

bam photo tumblr_inline_mslezuyhjn1qz4rgp_zps367dffb7.gif

I think I would have enjoyed this a little better if the sex scenes were a little more detailed too....

SEX photo tumblr_mvmrdyDV4F1s9qkbuo1_500_zps2b0dc2c6.gif

**ARC courtesy of
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
hmmm, I'm not really sure how I feel about this book. I really liked it,.....I just sorta felt like it lacked a little something. I'm not really sure what that little something was, just left me wanting a little more, I guess?

The whole politics thing is not my cup of tea, however, hot ex-Delta becomes protector for lady in distress, right up my alley. :)

Viv has been given the opportunity of a lifetime being the spokesperson for the senator running to be the next president. Marc is working under
Desere
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Being part of any campaign has to be one the most thrilling and exciting jobs in the world! You are right there for the action and race to take the win.

The drama that can unfold however, is one the least favorite parts and it takes a strong and very confident person to handle that kind of stress, go with the flow and hold out till the end when victory is declared.

But when you are the center point of the drama and all eyes are on you, it no longer is as easy as "Bring it on I can take it". You ne
Michelle
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
ARC received from author via Net Gallery in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 undercover stars.

Viv Reese is living her dream, she is the campaign spokeswoman for the Presidential campaign for the Senator she not only admires, but a man that is like a father to her. She is under enough pressure after being thrust into the spotlight in the middle of a close race, a man was the last thing she need.

Special Agent Marc Locke is going undercover seeking out evidence of campaign finance fraud. Former D
Lindsay
I love romantic suspense so this was right up my alley. And it also had the added bonus (for me) of taking place on a campaign. And having worked on a campaign in the past, I found this interesting.

I liked Mark. He was sent in to the presidential campaign to find corruption and he was running into road blocks. So he decided to get closer to Vivian, the newly promoted campaign spokesperson. He just doesn’t count of Vivian acquiring her very own stalker. So what’s a good FBI/former Delta Force Op
Roni Guzman
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a good book. I couldn't put it down. There was suspense, mystery, and romance all in one book. Not a book to read when going to bed. I couldn't put it down. Must read:)
Jamie
Nov 05, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review
Margreet Asselbergs
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it

My rating: 4 of 5 ⭐

Newly appointed spokesperson for the senator's presidential campaign, Vivian Reece, feels a little bit like a fish out of water at this unexpected development. Especially when, after her first televised appearance, she apparently picks up a stalker. Not prepared to take any chances, the head of the secret service assigns a security specialist to shadow her at all times. Not having had much action on the social front recently, Viv is more
Eileen Dandashi
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
About The Author: A member of Romance Writers of America, KOD, and Georgia Romance Writers, Rachel Kall enjoys sharing her talent by writing romantic suspense and contemporary romance. Legally Undercover was also released this year in audio.

Connect online: Facebook: facebook.com/Author RachelKall; Twitter: twitter.com/RachelKall; Website: RachelKall.com

About the Story:
Vivian Reese has it all--looks, intelligence and a great job as the spokesman for a senator campaigning for the President of the
Nikki
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
ARC Was Given To Blog For An Honest Review

Vivian is political spokesperson for the upcoming presidential election and Marc is an undercover FBI agent with military background investigating possible criminal fundraising. He gets close to Viv hoping to get information for his case. Due to threats that Vivian is getting, Marc now becomes her bodyguard. Their attraction grows as time spent in such close quarters brings them together and real feelings evolve. The mystery needs to be solved and not ev
Barb Lie
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Race to Kill by Rachel Kall is the first book in her new A Love and Scandal series. Race to Kill is a romance suspense story, and it is the first book I have read by Rachel Kall, and I am impressed. The story was excellently written and put together so well. From the beginning the story caught my attention, and for the rest of the way I could not put it down. It was an exciting, suspenseful, interesting,and sexy story with a political campaign background.

Vivian Reese is our wonderful heroine. Vi
Robin B
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jenny
Four stars from this happy camper!

I really enjoyed reading this book! I'd call is a romantic political suspense. It was a nice change of pace from other romantic suspense books I've read. And I have to admit- I THOUGHT I had the bad guy figured out around 20-30% in and man was I wrong!!! That made me so happy!!! I hate it when I can accurately predict that stuff!

The plot line is solid, I didn't notice any unresolved issues. There are a few editing and grammar mistakes around, but nothing signifi
Kristen
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Race to Kill by Rachel Kall is a fast paced romantic suspense book with a mystery that kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end! After her boss is hospitalized, Presidential campaign assistant Vivian Reese finds herself thrust into the spotlight as the new spokesperson. Not only does she have new job she finds herself with a stalker and a hottie protector Marcus Locke. As the story unfolds these two face many challenges. Vivian becomes a suspect in a string of events linked to the campa ...more
Emsy Van Wyck
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-at-fff
Plot twists and turns create a real page-turner in Rachel Kall's political romantic thriller Race to Kill

Rachel Kall's romantic thriller, Race to Kill (A Love and Scandal Novel), is a book that draws you in with its depiction of the behind-the-scenes action of a presidential race. Soon however, the focus really shifts to the interaction between heroine Vivian Reese and undercover FBI agent Marcus Locke. It's apparent that their initial antagonism masks a fierce attraction.

At first Marcus, who is
Karen Weiseman muller
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Books, Coffee and Wine at bcwbookscoffeeandwine.com
This 4 star read had me on the edge of my seat and second guessing the whole way through! This story is of a Presidential race, with some serious troubles occurring. The main character Marc, is your typical ex-army guy who now works for the FBI. He is strong and built well and of course good looking. There is also Vivian Reese who is the strong woman lead in this story, who has been hurt in the past by the typical ex-military man.

R
Linda
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I recently received a Goodreads first-reads copy of Race to Kill by Rachel Kall. Let me start by saying that I gave this book 3 stars not for the writing but because of the editing. It was distracting to see misspellings and grammatical errors. In all honesty, I quickly overlooked those errors, because I really enjoyed this book. The setting is in Washingon, DC, during a Presidential race. Viv Reese is thrust into the national spotlight as campaign spokesperson for the challenger, Senator Nelson ...more
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I will be the first to admit that out of all the romance genres out there I am just not a fan of Romantic Suspense. I find that it is either all action with bad romance thrown in or the other way round, romance with a bad suspense story line. I am pleased to say that this book manages to get the balance of the two perfectly.

You have Viv, who is in charge of the campaign for the Senator running against the female president (yup, I said female president), and Marcus, an ex-special force soldier n
Rhonda
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a while since I’ve read a romantic suspense novel. Once I read the blurb and an excerpt from A Race to Kill, I got excited. To earn the title of a great romantic suspense novel, the book needs to keep me on the edge of my seat and feeling as though I’m on a rollercoaster. Race to Kill did exactly that. I couldn’t stop reading once I started. There were several twists and turns in the book and the ending was a total surprise. I never suspected the villain was who it turned out to be. Th ...more
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Need a story with Suspense and Romance… than Race to Kill is the one for you.

Vivian is a strong independent character but when she suddenly finds herself in trouble she needs to allow Marc Locke a security specialist with the Nelson Campaign to watch over her.

Marc finds himself falling for the woman he is supposed to be protecting. But he has another problem, he’s supposed to be investigating the Nelson Campaign. Will him being undercover for the FBI cause him to lose the possibility of wonderf
 Reading In Pajamas
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
RACE TO KILL (A Love and Scandal Novel #1) by Rachel Kall
Publication Date: October 2, 2013
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated: 4.5 Stars
Blog post: http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-O9

REVIEW:
This is my first time reading a novel by this new author and I was very pleased. I love special ops books and this hit all the marks. I grew to like Marc and Viv and their hot romance built nicely while the danger and mystery surrounded them. I was also glad that she didn’t get bogged down in politics and kept it
Melinda Dozier
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sex, Politics and Mayhem! Wow! I loved Race to Kill! Every page in this novel was exciting with twists and turns. Rachel Kall did a great job at keeping me on my toes – if it wasn’t one thing, it was another driving the suspense along. The political issues, the campaign workings, and the relationships were believable. And of course, my favorite, are the hot scenes. Ms. Kall’s sexy scenes had my heart beating fast.

Hotness alert! I loved Marc, the hero, who is a true Alpha male. A retired Delta S
Merle
Nov 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Good continuation of the Washington, DC-based suspense series. In this one, the deputy spokeswoman for the opposition candidate has suddenly been promoted to Chief Spokesperson. Vivian Reese is now the face of Senator Nelson's Presidential Campaign against incumbent Helen Riley.

There are quite a few twists and turns here, including Marc Locke's double duty as both Security for Viv and as investigator for the FBI on campaign finances. Together, they become embroiled in both an intense love affair
Leanne
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a good book, a little easy to predict but good just the same.

Vivian works for a politician that is running for President and is requested to cover media interviews for him to drum up the votes. She begins getting letters from a stalker, a bodyguard is hired to keep her safe.

Marcus is the new bodyguard and he really likes Vivian who is prim and proper but has no problem standing up to him.

I enjoyed the storyline and it had good flow but as I said it was pretty easy to determine what woul
« previous 1 3 next »

• Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • Son of the Enemy
  • Cheating Justice (Justice Team, #2)
  • Sharpshooter (Shadow Agents, #3)
  • Hot Ice (Hostile Operations Team, #7)
  • Sinful Seduction (Red Stone Security, #8)
  • Hunt the Scorpion (SEAL Team Six, #2)
  • Badlands (Aftershock, #3)
  • In a Bad Way (Bad Boys of the Bay, #4)
  • The Wedding Gamble
  • In Flames
  • Pretender to the Throne (Call of Duty, #3)
  • Chad's Chase (Loving All Wrong, #2)
  • Code Name: Nina's Choice (A Warrior's Challenge, #3)
  • Deadly Beginnings (Deadly, #0.5)
  • Ten Thousand Truths (Ten Thousand #3)
  • Someone To Watch Over Me

Love and Scandal (3 books)
  • Presidential Pursuit (Love and Scandal, #.5)
  • A SEAL's Mission (Love and Scandal, #2)