Start by marking “The Spice of Life” as Want to Read:
The Spice of Life

The Spice of Life

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  550 Ratings  ·  159 Reviews
The Spice of Life (or #TSOL, to fans) follows Jake Furie Lapin, a 37-year-old sexaholic and loving Dom. As the first book in a three-part series, TSOL explores Jake’s transformation from a submissive, out-of-shape man, stuck in a sexless marriage, to a strong, successful, fit, loving Dom. This first book follows Jake as he describes his many sexual adventures, in great det ...more
Published September 7th 2014 by Blackman Morgan Sachs Group (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Spice of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spice of Life

Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassRaw by Belle Aurora
Best Books of 2014
3,324 books — 5,794 voters
Dom Wars by Lucian BaneThe Spice of Life by Jake Furie LapinMercy by Lucian BaneDom Wars by Lucian BaneDom Wars by Lucian Bane
Great Erotica by Men
228 books — 643 voters

More lists with this book...

Ella Emerson
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me gripped from the prologue. This great insight into the BDSM lifestyle starts off with Kelli who is in an unhappy marriage looking for something new. She decides to try a website to meet someone new. She then meets Jake, at a bar and she takes him on as a patient in her sexual therapy office. The story heats up when she learns all about Jake and his lifestyle.

This is a great read, and very well written. I loved every moment of this book and can’t wait for the next one. I loved t
Roseann Longo
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally a new book that is not the same old story. From the very first page this book held my interest and continued until the last. It's a story about a woman (Kelli) who is in a difficult situation in her marriage and wants to feel alive and desired again who also happens to be a sex therapist. She meets a man in a bar name Jake who makes an appointment with Kelli in her office and he precedes to describe to her in detail his transformation from a submissive to a confident,strong and dominant ...more
Kris Matury
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Variety is the spice of life.

This book is more than just a steamy, hot erotic read. It is beautifully written and full of heart. Jake is the first author that could make me feel so strongly and experience all that the characters have as if it had happened to me. This story is very relatable and more realistic than other stories. Many of us come to a point in our lives where we decide that it's time for a change. It's an amazing feeling to experience someone else's transformation, especially when
Sep 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review
Reviewer was given Advance Reader Copy (ARC) for honest review of “The Spice of Life: The Transformation” by Jake Furie Lapin. This is solely my opinion of this publication alone. Rating based on flow of story line, character development, plot development and overall feel of publication. Any grammatical or format issues were not considered in final rating of publication.

******WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS********

Characters:
Kelli: A sex therapist with a rocky non-existent sex life.
Jake: Strong minde
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
**Arc Provided for an HONEST Review**

"She was almost there, strainig against him to reach her climax. He grabbed her hand,put her fingers in his mouth, and began sucking on them...."

What would you do when your marriage becomes Stange, No Intimacy, No Sexual Desire, When your marriage become's Boring and you have relaized shit ive lost my self over the years stuck in liveless marriage..

seriously what would you do?

who do you talk to?

and where can you look to find these answers?

GOOGLE!!

That is t
Ginap219
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic from beginning to end.....beautifully written. The story was emotional, relatable in many ways, seductive and so much more.

Without reservation, I whole heartily recommend this book. MUST READ!!!!

Can't wait to read about the rest of Jake's journey.
Emily
Damn...worth waiting for.

Finally downloaded it at 10:00 pm and here it is 3:00 am. A great story about Sir. It is well worth having and getting lost in his life. It's really sexual hearing from a male point of view. You won't be disappointed.
BFDU
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What happens when a marriage becomes stale? When the marriage your in is no longer exciting, sexual, but yet monotonous and boring? What happens when you’ve lost yourself and you don’t know what to do, where to turn?

TSOL explores these very issues.

Meet Kelly, a sex therapist who married her childhood sweetheart Paul. Now with two grown up girls, Kelly has realised her marriage is in trouble. She has lost herself. Her spark. Her happiness.

Turning to a dating site, Kelly hopes to find life again.
C.J. Wells
An Intriguing Read!

Quite the debut novel, Mr. Furie Lapin. I must say I was captivated from the moment I started reading, unable to stop until I reached the final page.

The Spice of Life introduces Kelli, a middle-aged Sex Therapist, who is, sadly, suffering a stale, lackluster marriage – desperately seeking desire, excitement, sexual fulfillment, even love. With that said, it is certainly a truth that many a woman can relate to.

Jake – the sexy protagonist who hires Kelli as his therapist - is
Maria Williams
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written with such intense description of Jake's life from beginning to end. Reading of all that he went through and the transformation into a Dom he manages to take every life wrong doing to him & turn it to something worth wild & positive for himself.
As I was reading I felt different emotions during his journey that took hold of me as though be was simply speaking to me. I won't give any spoilers because you JUST HAVE TO READ IT!
It will take ahold of you mentally into a ma
Book-Lover Book Blog
It started off a little shakey and repetitive.
But overall the book was great.
Beautifully written.
Definitely draws you into the story and Jake's life, what he's been through, how he came about his nature.

Both lead characters are great, Kelli being a little shy. They both seem to be going through the same thing.
The only thing I have to say about this book is the bossiness when Jake first went into Kelli's office..took me a bit by surprise and made go hold up..Isn't this Kelli's office?
But I l
Maureen Mckenzie
Great read. How many authors, men especially, are willing to put their life experiences not only to pen and paper, but published for anyone to read. Kudos. A very relatable story, especially from a housewife of 20 years in a mundane marriage where she could quite possibly be Kelli. Change isn't always easy, and if no steps are taken it certainly won't just happen. Gives readers a lot to question and ponder. Look forward to reading more and going on a self discovery journey.
Ann Myers
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Spice of Life: Book 1: The Transformation
I received this book as a gift for a fair and honest review. This is the first book in a three-part series. The Spice of Life follows Kelli, a successful sex therapist, stuck in a loveless marriage. She has a husband that doesn't pay attention to her and they have been together since their teen years. She does not want to leave but she needs to seek something with more passion, heat and more!!! She goes on a website, which was less than helpful, but o
Tracy Smith Comerford
gifted in exchange for an honest review

in the beginning I really liked this book it was not what I expected and I started to get sucked into Jakes world, a lot of the encounters if I may call them that are very hot and dominating, as I read on I didn't feel a change in the book it was somewhat plain sailing there was no kind of dramatic events or omg moments it was somewhat predictable although still hot, for me though I like my books to have that kinda shock effect and I didn't get it. I liked
Maria
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well once I opened this book I knew I wasn't going to be able to stop till I finished. I have read all Jake's blogs and his teasers but nothing compares to the way this book reads. It draws you in from the first sentence and takes you on a glorious ride of the sexual awakening, transformation and erotic escapades of Jake Furie Lapin as told to his sexual therapist Kelli Lemberg.....and what a sensual journey it is....filled with tale after tale of what experiences Jake had to bring him to where ...more
Katherine
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an incredibly intimate look at a man who is reflecting on his life by sharing it with a therapist who is also at a point in life where she is questioning her own life. The characters are so aptly described that I was pulled into the book, holding my breath at points and releasing it with a whoosh at other points. Jake is someone who presents himself as he is and there is something magical about him. I am beyond thankful there are more books to come in this series. Once you pick up this b ...more
Rachel Palmer
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked that there were so many story's in this that jake had gone though
and they were incredibly detailed,
which I have become to expect from this author,
It's not just a HOT read it's quite spectacular how he can remember
Every little detail weather good or bad in his life.
Over all I really enjoyed reading this book and how he explains things
from his past that have made him the man his is today,
Found jake to be a very intense guy but guess that adds
to his persona, the fact that jake knows what h
Mandi
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is beautifully written in Jake's unique style. He draws you in with his deep and intense story telling. Once you start reading this book, you will find it difficult to put down.... I did!!!
You are taken on a journey of self discovery and transformation with the characters. I enjoyed the many stories of Jake's journey in this book which were detailed.
I can't wait for the next book in the series and continue the journey. You should join the journey too!!! #tsol
Teresa
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love the prelude..CAB! I have read many books and read all of Jake's blogs and was pretty sure how the book was going to go. But as always Jake surprised me, he has an amazing way with his words, he draws you in deep..so very intense! I was able to relate to both Jake and Kelli I wanted to read it so fast to get it all in, but wanted to savor every single word. Well done, I am ready for Book 2! #tsol
Amy Thasson
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What I've read so far it's flaming hot spine tingling , leg crossing very intense can't wait to get my hands on this book ..
JB's Book Obsession - Jennifer
The Spice of Life follows Jake Furie Lapin, a 37-year-old sexaholic and loving Dom and Kelli Lemberg a successful sex therapist in a sexless marriage who is contemplating having an affair.

I felt bad for Kelli right away, she tries so hard to get her husband Paul to notice her sexually and he rejects her time and time again. I thought I would be bothered by the "affair" parts of this book, but honestly I wasn't. I found that the book surprised me by telling how sex and physical attraction is jus
Kylie The Bookaholick

4 Life Transformational Stars

My Review

As a child both male or female we are told that one day we will find the loves of our lives get married and live happily ever after. You notice that the story ends there? No one ever tells you how the rest of the story is suppose to go.

The main character, Jake, has been in a 10 year marriage that has left him sexually unsatisfied. This part of the fairytale is never discussed or talked about to us when we are growing up as a children. Jake has tried to work
Cheyenne
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It started off where we were introduced to Kelli a sex therapist who is in a sexless marriage. One day she decides to connect with someone online. She ends up meeting Jake and he becomes a client of hers. As the story unfolds you find out all about Jake's history as he tells Kelli through his therapy sessions. This was a very sexy book that left me wanting more. I can't wait to continue the story of these well written characters.
Nanette
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jake,
Absolutely wonderful! Now I have to wait for the rest of this amazingly hot sexy story! Keeping me and the rest of the world on the edge! Wonderfully written and very sensual! With just enough mystery! What is Jake up to with Kelli? And she does not know that they already met on the website! So juicy! Can't wait to find out what happens next! Thanks Jake and Congratulations!
Kristen Insinga
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very impressed! Can't wait for the next installment! I like how Jake uses the therapy sessions to tell Kelli about all of his encounters. Kelli' s marriage situation is so familiar; I could totally relate. (Before my divorce) Anyway, congrats Jake, I'm excited to see what else you've got planned.
Judie
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had such anticipation for this book & for good reason! Jake did such a great job of letting me see through Kelli's eyes and to feel her hurt in some situations & attraction in others. And let me just say that Paul is the epitome of a emotionless man. If he died in the first part of bk 2, I wouldn't mind, lol.

I can't wait for book 2 so that I can see what is to come between Jake & Kelli, if anything. All I know is that Jake has definitely awoken Kelli and I hope she embraces her ne
Lin Bucler
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book. I was drawn in from the first page. Jake gets himself into some interesting situations while discovering who he is sexually. I literally went from laughing to weeping. Well written, lovely yet raw and very sexy book
Smut Fanatics
Click here to read my entire review!

ARC given in exchange for a honest review

What I Loved: I really enjoyed the character of Kelli, right away it was someone I could emotionally be behind and root for. I love strong female characters that have confidence, strength, and their shit together. In many Erotica books female leads are more timid and passive, but Kelli isn’t that all and I absolutely love that about her.

I also love that these characters are older and more settled in their lives as opp
Theresa Bowron
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The best I have ever read! OMG, I love the way Jake tells this story! I was hooked from the first words, he builds up the anticipation between Jake and Kellie that is so VERY intriguing. I couldn't put this book down and I was at work!!! I took every spare moment to read it and when I had to put it down all I could think about was getting back to it, definitely not work! Then where the story left off was just perfect I can't wait until I find out the rest of the story! Hurry book #2 (and I will ...more
Lin Bucler
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hawt reading! All the build up, all the waiting, the anticipation, was absolutely well worth the wait. I won't spoil a word of this excellent book by new author Jake Furie Lapin for any reader, I'll simply say, please read this book. Read this book for yourself, you deserve it.
  • Where the Devil Dances
  • Waiting for Him (Trident Security #3)
  • Steel Horse Cowboy (The Dirty Denim Series)
  • In Love with a Master (Interview with a Master, #2)
  • The Dom Prize  (The Dominants Series 1)
  • Paws On Me (Law and Supernatural Order, #2)
  • The Road To Byron
  • The Taming of Molly Jenkins
  • Second Chance at Love (Different Paths to Love, #1)
  • Solstice Surrender
  • Teaching Maya
  • Freeing Demitri's Wolf (Wolves of Stone Ridge #17)
  • Roulette:  Love Is A Losing Game (The Thomas Hunt Series, #1)
  • The Pet Shop (The Pet Shop, #1 - 3)
  • Smolder (St. Martin Family Saga, #5)
  • A Wild Ride (The Bullriders, #1)
  • A Condo with Two Views
  • Bounty (Hunted Love, #2)
8119270

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JakeFurieLapin

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jakefurie.lapin

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jakefurielapin

Instagram: http://instagram.com/jakefurie

AuthorSign: http://www.authorgraph.com/authors/Ja...

Jake Furie Lapin, is a writer, entrepreneur, wine drinker and coffee addict based in New Jersey. Jake's writings aim to explore sexuality and sensuality, i
More about Jake Furie Lapin...