Start by marking “Blazing Nights (Night Games #1)” as Want to Read:
Blazing Nights (Night Games #1)

Blazing Nights

(Night Games #1)

A Night Games Novel, Book 1: Kate

Shakespearean actress Kate Kingsley playacts for a living. But when you're pretending to be a witch, you're likely to draw the attention of a witch-hunter.

Internet crusader Daniel Haggarty takes his job of exposing frauds and charlatans seriously, and he has no tolerance for Kate's psychic mother, her seances, or her reincarnated cat.

While
Published September 18th 2013 by Linda Barlow Books (first published September 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Blazing Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blazing Nights

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡

A young woman who has lost her husband in a car wreck that she survived, does a favor for a friend of hers. She plays a psychic at a party and reads palms. During that time she meets a hot guy who is an investigative reporter out to discredit fake psychics. He won't listen to her at first when she tries to tell him she isn't really a witch. Her friend made a passing comment about her being one. She was actually playing a witch in a play... Her mother sees spirits & this new man know
Kristy McCaffrey
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kate Kingsley is an actress with a famous psychic mother. When Daniel Haggarty spies her at a fundraiser "pretending" to be a psychic, he believes her to be a fraud, which is essentially true. That he's a notorious debunker of all things supernatural, with a television show that publicly humiliates such charlatans, gives him both motive to pursue her and a reason to resist any deeper emotions he comes to feel for her. Kate, recovering from a car accident that took her husband three years prior, ...more
Margaret Tanner
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a hot contemporary romance with an interesting array of characters.
Kate Kingsley is a widow, her husband tragically dying in a motor car accident three years ago. Her mother is a well known psychic.
To help her friend Graham Hamilton, Kate who is an actor, pretends to be a psychic at a party he has organized to raise funds for a charity that helps the blind.

At the party she clashes with Investigative Reporter and web phenomenon, Daniel Haggarty, who calls himself a witch hunter. He like
8o's
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Blazing Nights is Linda Barlow's first book in her Night Games series. In Blazing Nights, widow Kate Kingsley meets internet reporter Daniel Haggarty at a party. At that party Kate is palm reading for a friend. Kate is not a psychic herself but her mother is. Daniel is instantly attracted to Kate even though he has a personal vendetta against psychic's, who he believes all are frauds.

The story is intriguing to me in that Daniel relentlessly pursues Kate even though he hates psychics. So at first
Rachel
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Linda Barlow’s novel Blazing Nights is not a light and fluffy romance but more of an intensely involved and complex novel that is enjoyable due to its difference from other novels of a similar genre.

Blazing Nights is a complex and involved book with a convoluted story-line. Wonderfully complex characters interact well; each character’s written personality mirrors aspects of our own.

Beginning an association through a misunderstanding each character has a personal history that influences their act
Janet
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Linda Barlow has given readers a wonderful character driven contemporary romance. I found both the lead and the secondary characters to be compelling. I easily connected emotionally with the primary couple and found myself rooting strongly for their happily ever after. It was nice to see secondary characters that were not only fun and quirky, but three dimensional. The pacing was even, the settings beautifully detailed, the dialogue witty, and the situations fun and actually believable. I look f ...more
P
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strange, but awesome!

It took me a bit to figure out this story. I'm still not sure I have, but I am sure I loved it! I'd already read Stephen's story and loved it. Can't wait to read Jeff and Max's story! I'm not one to read paranormal much and this has a bit of the paranormal twist, but not the usual (no spoilers!). Read these books. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Lynne Connolly
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet story about a man who debunks spiritual hoaxes and a woman who is the daughter of a medium. Daniel is a caring beta male, although he’s called alpha in the story, but his behaviour is very much beta. He cares for her and protects her carefully. She does need it, through no fault of her own during the course of the story.
Kate is a widow and still misses her husband who died in a car accident three years before. While Daniel is extremely attracted to her, he grows tired of being co
David Andrews
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I first set out to write romance, I read extensively in the genre and one of the things that irritated me intensely was the disparity between the supposed professions of the characters and their attitudes and activities. Kate Kingsley, actress, half psychic, still grieving widow, together with Daniel B Haggerty, investigative journalist, skeptic and modern day debunker of all things paranormal, are just such an unlikely a couple. It is therefore a tribute to the author that I found myself w ...more
L.J. Scar
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
“Blazing Nights ( A Night Games Novel)” is a contemporary traditional romance whose characters have very unconventional hobbies and careers. Kate is a theatre actress who is a late night gamer with her old college friends. Her mother is a medium and a psychic. Daniel is a thick-headed, arrogant, investigative online journalist who exposes frauds of the ESP variety. When Daniel comes to a party with the purpose of exposing Kate as a charlatan, he is drawn to the beautiful woman who doesn’t fit th ...more
Shirley Hailstock
We all need a support system, especially after a tragedy or trauma. Kate Kingsley found hers in four friends who insulated the young widow after the death of her husband. They saw her partially through her grief. Three years later, Kate is still grieving but open to changing her situation, especially when devastatingly handsome Daniel Braze Haggarty steps into her line of sight.
Helping one of her friends who needs an assistant to fill in for his usual psychic, Kate attends a party where parano
Vanessa Grant
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked this sexy romance and appreciated the author’s skillful handling of the paranormal elements.

Hero and heroine each begin this story with personal challenges they must overcome to achieve a happy ending. Kate is an actress, and very protective of her psychic mother. Daniel is both sexy and intelligent, but unfortunately for Kate, he’s also a professional psychic debunker determined to expose her mother. I loved Kate’s mother, a gracefully aging psychic with a strong thread of wisdom runni
I received a copy of this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Widow Kate Kingsley meets a mysterious man at a party where she is playing the part of a psychic. Mystery man ends up being D. B. Haggarty. Daniels profession is to debunk those unknowns in life and his latest program is about psychics and witches not being real. Daniel has a deep hatred for psychics and despises Kate at first but still feels an odd sexual pull toward her.

I really enjoyed Blazing Nights. Seeing Kate
Amy Toward
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book!

I stumbled upon this author by accident. I'm am so excited I did. Her writing is flawless. You transport yourself into the book and don't want to leave until the end. This is about a young woman who lost her husband in a car accident 3 years ago. She meets a dark, handsome stranger at a party and there is instant chemistry. She has not been with a man since her husband's death. So she fights his advances at first. There is some writing about spiritualism and mediums. This is an ex
Julie Powell
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was sent this book for review and despite it not being the usual genre I prefer, I found it a well written contemporary romance of sorts with a darker edge.

The characters are realistic and the interaction believable, set within a modern day plot where the past affects decisions.

I don't give spoilers so it is difficult to say too much, however, for those who enjoy this kind of book, it is a good read.
Linda
Sep 19, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Blazing Nights is an updated and completely rewritten version of my old romance, Bewitched. The story is now considerably longer, with more characters, some of whom will appear as the heroes of later books in the Night Games series.
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A good story line despite frustration throughout at the stupidity and judgemental attitude of the lead male. Having said that these frustrations were caused by the author writing in such away that the characters engaged the reader.
Marcella
New author for me and I really enjoyed this. Nice characters and interaction, believable romance. I especially liked it that Kate doesn't take Daniel back straightaway, as so often happens in romance books, when he walks out on her.
I would definitely like to read more from this author.
Emily
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
This was a good read. Perfect balance of frustrating love interests who finally get their act together.
Kathy Brown
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blazing

I loved this book! A little bit of paranormal and a lot of hot!! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Michele bookloverforever
lackluster
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a good book and I really enjoyed it especially since this is not my normal style of book. I would certainly recommend this book to others.
Sue McKinny
Shy
Sep 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Darkest Hour
  • The Keepers: Sienna (The Keepers #0.5)
  • The Bullet List (The Saving Bailey Trilogy, #1)
  • Her Own Best Enemy
  • Blood Guardians (Blood Guardians, #1)
  • Cherry Kisses (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Destiny Calls (The Phoenix Rising, #1)
  • The Time Traveler's Apprentice
  • Blind Spot (Iron Raiders MC, #1)
  • Motor City Mage (Urban Arcana  #4)
  • Temptation Bay (Windfall Island #1)
  • Chocolate Covered Billionaire Navy SEAL
  • The Garden of Eden (The Eden Chronicles #1)
  • Bell, Book, and Sandals
  • Bound Angel
  • Demon Crossings (Twilight of the Gods, #1)
  • Catalyst (Tethered, #1)
  • Ghost Guard
Linda Barlow is the author of 25 novels in various genres, including family sagas, historical and contemporary romance, romantic suspense, erotic romance, and general mainstream fiction.

Publishers have included Doubleday, Dell, Penguin, Warner Books, New American Library/Signet, Berkley/Putnam, Silhouette and Harlequin. Her books have been translated into approximately 20 foreign languages.

Linda