Start by marking “Rumor Has It (Limelight, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rumor Has It (Limelight, #1)

Read Book

Rumor Has It (Limelight #1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  4,359 Ratings  ·  496 Reviews
***THIS BOOK CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE***

Published December 2nd 2013 by Elisabeth Grace

To ask other readers questions about Rumor Has It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rumor Has It

Mysza
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
"I've never had anyone in my life like you. For five years all I've done is live and breathe the music industry. You've made me believe there are good people in this world. Peaople still untarnished. You make me a better person by just being with me. You force me to open up to you and leave myself bare. I want to give you the world, Ellie. I want to give you every piece of me, every piece of my soul until we're so intertwined there's no beginning to you or end to me, we're just one."

This book
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreePuxBbysb_zps01205461.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (11/25/2015)

Stand-alone book 1.

BLURB:
All publicity is good publicity, right? Unless you’re recent college grad Ellie Wagner and an embarrassing video of you and your boyfriend goes viral. Every man in your life abandons you, but who knew a one-minute clip of your latest doomed relationship would brand you a slut, prevent you from getting your perfect job, and force you to keep doing the one thing you swore you’d never do again…live with your mother.

But staying with mom a
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
This one was just

It started out pretty decent. Ellie literally falls through the window and lands on the bathroom floor of hip-hop star Mason Nash. The story was told in dual POV. Ellie and Mason had some cute banter between them.

Ellie wants to stay out of the limelight after a video of her and her ex goes viral on YouTube. Which come on....

The whole video was stupid, the reasons behind the video, all of it.

So of course, once Ellie realizes Mason is famous she's like

I'm not dating you.

Then sh
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Quick Summary
Ellie Wagner is underemployed for the moment as she searches for a job in her chosen field (her degree is in comparative media studies). Working for a real estate broker, she's asked to open an oceanfront beach rental before the client arrives but literally stumbles into him in a most embarrassing way. He's mega-superstar Mason Nash, a hip-hop artist, but Ellie hasn't a clue (she's a classic rock kind of girl). He's intrigued, a lot because she do
Faith Andrews
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get a chance to read an ARC of Rumor Has It (even before it had this awesome, very appropriate title). I didn't read a synopsis so I had no idea what was in store for me, BUT from the very first chapter, where poor, loveable, spunky Ellie is face flat on the bathroom floor with her bare tush in the air--I was hooked.

Ellie is a very likeable, role-model-type character. She hasn't had it easy, her mom is kind of a flake, and even faced with adversity (she's infamous for a Yo
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars. Cute and fresh romance story with the girl next door and a hip hop star. Perfect for a lazy day.
Danielle
Jun 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Read more reviews at What Danielle Did Next

This is a rant...You have been warned!

Sigh...where to begin? Rumor Has It started off fairly promising. Ellie is like a lot of typical 20-somethings (and 30-somethings!), has graduated and due to the downturn is working in a job that is in no way related to her field. The downturn and the fact that an embarrassing clip of her and her ex boyfriend has gone viral on YouTube making Ellie a pariah in the world of media she aches to be employed in. Living
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 13, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
Teehee! I like the sound of this one!

But staying with mom and her latest boy-toy (
Kelster
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. Well, this book was a flop. And I'm pissed. It started off really well. I liked the h. She had a nice, laid back voice and didn't seem to take herself too seriously. She was smart, self aware and insightful. As I continued to read I became really excited about all the possibilities that could develop and also where exactly the author was going to lead me. Needless to say, I was expecting something smart and original in this book.

At about the 30% mark the book took a steep downward de
Shawna
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*****THIS IS NOW AVAILABLE!!!*******

I still can't believe I was lucky enough to get my hands on this ARC. Debut author Elisabeth Grace has proven she deserves to be in the Limelight! And why?? Two words....MASON NASH!

A refreshing take on the NA genre. Ellie, a strong female lead and Mason...oh Mason. The man of my dreams!

Ellie and Mason meet in an unusual way. She has no idea who he is...though she should. Mason's interest is immediately piqued by this...such a refreshing change for him.

As they
Ruthie Henrick
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rumor Has It is a rock solid performance by debut author Elisabeth Grace. From the moment a mortified Ellie Wagner falls at smokin’ hot hip-hop artist Mason Nash’s feet these two characters had me hooked - with a fully charged Kindle and no plans for the rest of the day. The emotion Ms. Grace writes with is all encompassing. The humor, the angst, the venom, the sexual tension - all there in this wonderful sexy read. It was my pleasure to have been given an ARC of this book in exchange for an hon ...more
Đurđica Sarjanović
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rock-stars
I really had fun reading this :) "Rumor Has It" is a sweet story full of exciting moments. Some of them good, some bad, but altogether is a nice book!
Nicole ☼
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"But remember this...every time you see me watching you from across the room, know that I'm envisioning all the ways I'm going to take you when we get back here tonight. Remember I'm counting the minutes until I'm deep inside you again, until I'm tasting your sweetness on my tongue."

Mmhm. Yup. Rumor Has It had my attention from its first pages. This book was quick-paced, short-chaptered, and could easily be nailed in two-plus days, if not one, given your time constraints.

Ellie, a broken broke
Coco.V
Sep 06, 2017 marked it as to-read
FREE on Amazon today (9/6/2017)!
Lindsay
Dec 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
This was just ok for me.

I found that I was disappointed in the video and what it entailed. I thought it would be something worse than what it was. I didn't think it was a big deal and I thought she was entitled in her response and that the person that really looked bad was the guy.

But, I liked the relationship between Ellie and Mason. But honestly, I have a huge soft spot for rock stars.

So, while it didn't work for me, it wasn't bad. I would definitely recommend it for other people. :)
D.
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I thought it was well written. It was funny, witty & sexy. I can't believe that this is the authors first publication. I can't wait for the next installment of this series. A definite "must read".
Trish Mint
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The situation in which these two find each other when they actually meet for the first time is pretty funny. Ellie Wagner is a great girl who gets dealt a shitty hand in life. After an embarrassing video of Ellie humiliating her boyfriend on YouTube goes viral she gets bashed on facebook and the internet. People are calling her terrible names, she's ready to lay low and just steer clear from the spotlight (that's after her Youtube video gets millions of hits).

Ellie works for a real estate compan
Erin **Coffee & Book Addict**
It has been quite a while since I got emotionally invested in a book. This book had me so emotionally invested in the story line and characters that I found myself weeping at the end when everything came to a close.

Throughout this book I found myself riding this emotional rollercoaster along with the characters. I was happy when they were happy, angry when they were angry, sad when they were sad, and turned on when they were turned on.

I found myself sad when the book ended. I really wanted to
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jointly Reviewed on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/12/...

description

J&G ~ 3.5 Stars

Jenny:
So G, Rumor Has It was a sweet, humorous and sometimes hot escape type read that we need every now and then don’t you think? I mean it didn’t blow my mind but I really did enjoy it nonetheless and enjoyed every minute spent with these guys.

‘She looked at me as if I were the centre of her universe, like I was the only one who could provide her with what she needed right now.’ – Mason

This was a “rock star” theme
Nevaeh Lee
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Rumor Has It" there's a new author in town! ;) And what a debut it is...I cannot say enough good things about this story, the characters, and the writing--but I'll sure try!

A "rock star romance" with a unique plot, this book had me hooked from page one, though it's the end of the first chapter where I was laughing out loud. The pacing was perfect and I would have read it in one sitting if I could have...darn life kept getting in the way! I loved the author's style of writing and thought that th
Nikki
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ARC Was Given To Blog For An Honest Review

“I want to give you every piece of me, every piece of my soul until we’re so entwined there’s no beginning to you and no end to me, we’re just one.”-Mason
So did that quote make you swoon a little bit? I know it did me. This is such a sweet fun read. It is filled with love and strength. Ellie and Mason are that perfect couple that you do not expect. They are from two different worlds and that is what Mason loves about Ellie even more. He is a huge HIP HOP
Flirty Fe BOOK fri-ENDS
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ARC Was Given To Blog For An Honest Review

This was a fun story filled with some craziness along the way.

We meet Ellie who’s had a rough go of it lately, haunted by decisions she made in the past. She’s in a dead end job with a great education. She’s stuck in a rut; no one wants to take a chance on her.

Then there’s Mason, a superstar who needs a break. He has the money and the fame but something’s missing. There’s a piece of the puzzle that he needs to complete him. He has no clue what he’s looki
Stacia
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars

I was given an ARC copy of Rumor Has It for an honest review.

I was pretty much sucked into Ellie and Mason's story from their first meeting. Not only was it unusual, but it was laugh-out-loud funny. Ellie is a sweet, kind-hearted woman that doesn't realize her worth or beauty. After being publicly humiliated by a viral video, she tries to avoid anything that will draw attention to her. She meets the sexy Mason Nash by chance and their chemistry is immediate and through the roof. What
Elena Carrasco
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-z-challenge

Rumor has it! A story about a normal girl with an embarrassing video and a Hip Hop celebrity.
I must say I find this book very entertaining, easy to read and very refreshing.

You can relate to the many facets of their life that you get to see in the book. Both of them have Mother Issues they didn’t have it easy growing up. Ellie a college boomerang as she calls it, has to return to live with her mother and current boyfriend. She works as a real state secretary but she wish to move to a better mor
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

4 Sweet Sexy Sizzling Stars & Hearts

Oh boy Mason Nash, what a guy. I really enjoyed this sexy sweet romance. I laughed out loud at their first meeting and was completely enthralled throughout this story. Ellie has had her share of being ridiculed in the media and want's to just fade out and her little 15 minutes of fame to be forgotten. Then in comes sexy hip hop superstar Mason Nash. All those dreams are tossed w
Clarissa Samples
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Every month that I waited for this book was definitely worth the wait! Ellie and Mason were just perfect for each other, two souls that had troubled childhoods. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about these two falling in love with each other, Ellie facing her insecurities, and not to mention the sex in this book is HOT! I definitely recommend this book! I will definitely be reading Elisabeth Grace's upcoming books! 5 out of 5 blazing stars!
Daisy
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the story, the characters and great writing. This is the kind of story I needed read at the moment, it gave me butterflies in my stomach at times and loved the way Mason was always upfront and cleared the air so there was no lingering misunderstanding due to his profession. Looking forward to continue with this series.
Maayan
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the book, I never read about a hip-hop star and it was refreshing. Mason is a Swoon-worthy guy, I really liked him! and Ellie was a strong and independent woman .. I really liked them together ! My only complaint was that at the end, i hoped there was more groveling on his part ;) but it was'n a big deal , I'm glad they found Their happy ending :)
Kristin
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved reading this. Received as an ARC as part if a winning in a contest. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. Ellie and Mason consumed by time. Between the ups and downs, insecurities, hidden love, laughable scenes. I just loved it! Can't wait for the release of her second book.
Absent
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I enjoy reading this book. I love the alternate POV of both hero. I like that they are direct, and they don't let their pride rule over themselves. I hope that there is a sequel to this book coz I think Little Mac deserve a beating for what he's done. Anyway, I give this book a 5 stars.
  • In Bloom (The Brightside, #1)
  • Exquisite Betrayal
  • Lucky Kiss (Hope Falls #12; Kiss #2)
  • Strip Me Bare (Strip You, #2)
  • Full Steam Ahead (Sea Swept, #1)
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
  • Beautiful Failure (Beautiful, #1)
  • Girl in Love (Kylie Ryans, #3)
  • Patch Up (Patch Up, #1)
  • Hot Southern Mess (Hide Your Crazy #1)
  • Hollywood & Vine
  • Wanting You (Forever Mine, #1)
  • A Lush Betrayal (Lush, #1)
  • Safer Outside (Outside Series #1)
  • The Perfect Distraction (Perfect, #1)
  • The Resistance (Hard to Resist, #1)
  • Dear Rockstar (Dear Rockstar, #1)
  • Vendetta
USA Today Bestselling author, Elisabeth Grace, has a soft spot for romance novels with happily ever afters and a hot spot for alpha males! She currently lives outside Toronto, Canada with her hubby and two small children. Life is busy, but never too busy for a good story and to share her love of reading and writing with others.

For more of the lowdown feel free to visit her author website at http:/
More about Elisabeth Grace

Limelight (4 books)
  • Picture Perfect (Limelight, #2)
  • Collateral Damage (Limelight, #3)
  • Tango For Two (Limelight, #3.5)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“A slow easy smile crept across his face. He had a dimple. Seriously? That attractive and somehow the heavens figured he needed a dimple, too?” 1 likes
“She didn’t need any more beauty sleep. She was gorgeous. Another hour of sleep wasn’t going to change that.” 0 likes