Start by marking “Bomber Boy” as Want to Read:
Bomber Boy

Bomber Boy

300 passengers. One plane. One bomb. One switch. One Omar Farouk to set it all aflame!

Welcome to the fast moving world of advanced terrorism where Jihadists in Oman or Afghanistan can blow up buses, trains, and planes in New York, Madrid, or London-without even going there.

This is not the world of the future; it is our world as it is!

A world unpredictable, unforgiving, an
Published April 24th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Bomber Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bomber Boy

Dianne
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Farouk Omar Muttab was many things, an enlisted terrorist, a failed suicide bomber, a pawn in a game where cowards offer great rewards in this world and the next, but at his essence he is a human being. And. He. Has. Been. Used. Jihadists used him and after the bomb failed to go off on flight 253, the U.S. government used him.

Ike Pius has given us a brief look at the human side of terrorism in his far too brief, but extremely effective BOMBER BOY, the story of one simple man who loved his family
JaseyJade
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I have never read a book about terrorism before so I gave this one a try. I read it in one day as it's a very short story about a boy named Omar Farouk, a terrorist that isn't really 100% behind a mission he has to complete and the situations that he has to face because of that mission. I didn't get bored of it as I wanted to know how his journey will proceed especially being part of The Brothers, the terrorism team.

The story-line was good although the ending was a disappointing. It didn't flow
Graeme Roberts
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Bomber Boy: The Rise of The Underwear Bomber deals with the controversial subject of terrorism in a mature and sensitive manner. The tale is a spin-off from Ike Pius’ novel The Paradise That Was (which I haven’t read but intend to soon) but it stands alone as an impressive short story.

In the post-9/11 world, few narratives have dared to explore the perspective of a terrorist, but Bomber Boy breaks that mould. At times it reminds of the acclaimed movie Zero Dark Thirty, but comes from a drastical
Queen Spades
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: royally-favored
Extended Review Can Be Found on The Review Board: http://wp.me/p30Uww-ai

Have you ever had an instance when you were given something to do and things don't go exactly as planned? This is exactly what happened to the main character, Farouk Omar Muttab, in "Bomber Boy." The mission he was given on a flight headed towards the United States goes horribly wrong. This story is a journey about how he copes with the aftermath of this fluke.

I liked how much detail the writer went into in regards to Farouk
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I was actually approached by the author himself through my blog to see if I would be interested in reading a copy of his book in exchange for an honest review.

I don't mind admitting I was a bit sceptical to whether or not it would be something I would be interested in reading but after reading the description and some other reviews I thought I would give it a go.

Bomber Boy is a short story which was originally intended for a magazine. I have read many books where terrorism features as the main
Erica Farner
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Good Stuff

1.) The imagery employed is excellent. Ike does a great job of painting a picture in the reader's head without doing what I call an "info dump."
2.) The style of writing reminded me a bit of Hemingway's. It's uncomplicated and matter-of-fact, which is something that can be really tricky to do well.
3.) The pace can be a little slow at times, but when it hits its stride, Bomber Boy is a page turner!

The Stuff I Didn't Love As Much

1.) Certain people who read this could take it the wr
Challa Fletcher
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Farouk Muttab had what was supposed to be a simple job: Board the plane, blow up the plane. But what does a suicide bomber do when his bomb doesn’t detonate?

Bomber Boy is a short, episodic story of the reasoning behind terroristic attacks and the thoughts of the bomber.

What Didn’t Work: The story is short and written in episodes rather than chapters. Because it is such a brief tale the conflict and reasoning for the attack were lost on me, a person who doesn’t keep up with all the political conf
Janice Ross
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Talk about an interesting idea. Bomber Boy by Ike Pius is not for the overly sensitive. Honestly, I don’t believe I am, but this story kinda got to me. Though a simple tale, it was compelling all the same. With all that has been going on in the world of terror, we find an unlikely… (I don’t know what to call Farouk Omar Muttab). Part of me wants to condemn him as an antagonist, while the other part wants to view him as a protagonist. So what do you do? You see, the author builds a clear picture ...more
The Review Board
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This abbreviated review comes from Review Board member Mr. Controversy. For the extended review please check out this link: http://wp.me/p30Uww-ai

*NOTE: “Bomber Boy” touches on EXTREMELY SENSITIVE matters that are reminiscent of September 11, specifically Islamic points of view and Terrorism. Reader Discretion Is Advised.*

Bomber Boy is a very sentimental story by Mr. Ike Pius about a young man named Farouk Omar Muttab who has had a streak of bad luck after his intended mission on a U.S. bound fl
Cheryl M-M
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a novella length story
In light of recent terrorist attacks in the last few months and indeed in the last few decades the premise may seem a little forward thinking. However the reality is even the terrorist has a voice, and this story is looking at it from a perspective other than that of the victims.

Farouk is planning to kill a plane load of innocent people. Why? Because they are infidels of course. Does it matter whether he has his reasons for doing so?

Pius starts out strong, but taper
Kindle Ninja
Aug 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Farouk Muttab’s mission to blow up a commercial plane didn’t go as planned, which sets in motion a series of events that has dire consequences to his life, family, and the terrorist group he is connected with.

Farouk’s next step is surprising in that it’s uncharacteristic of a terrorist profile, much less of a suicide bomber. He does not quite fall under the category of a religious fanatic nor someone who was brainwashed to do the deed. Such ambiguity makes you question Farouk's real intention. T
Neats
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Bomber Boy is a novella which was initially intended to be a short magazine or radio feature and broken down into episodes it's a quick read.

Farouk Omar Muttab is a terrorist and when we first meet him he's just pressed the switch to trigger his bomb whilst travelling on Northwestern Airlines Flight 253. Fortunately for the other passengers onboard, the bomb fails to detonate and the flight lands safely but unfortunately for Farouk, it means he won't be going to heaven but he will be in serious
David Baird
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This isn’t my normal genre I’m willing to admit but after being approached by the author for an honest review and reading reviews already posted I was intrigued and wanted to see for myself what this book was about.

First let me tell you terrorism isn’t something to take lightly.. and I feel the author did well to do the subject justice. The book is from the potential bombers perspective which I thought gave a twist on other tales I’ve read on a similar topic.

The main character is Farouk, as you
D.J Kile
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cover: It's an interesting cover, after I read the book It did not seem to match the seriousness of the book but its a simple and interesting cover overall.

My Thoughts: Bomber Boy is a very current novel, very into whats going on in the world today. It is of a very serious nature with a spin that shakes the pages of this book making it a more enjoyable read.The author has a very attuned ability to create tension which is the key to making any thriller work. Had a few funny moments that livened u
Linda Hill
Jun 06, 2015 rated it liked it
A no spoilers review here: https://lindasbookbag.wordpress.com/2...
Vivek
Dec 05, 2013
Ike Pius
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Karen Hancock
rated it did not like it
Nov 28, 2015