Start by marking “Fan Fiction Fan (Pixel-Stained: a documentary memoir of the electronic publishing revolution in gay genre fiction, #1)” as Want to Read:

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  1 rating  ·  1 review
A decade before e-books and self-publishing shook up the publishing industry, an author faced a dilemma: When you've written stories in a genre that is rarely published, what do you do?

At the beginning of 2002, Dusk Peterson (a journalist, history writer, and aspiring professional novelist) stumbled across the fan fiction community, where tens of thousands of readers and w
Kindle Edition
Published September 2013 by Love in Dark Settings Press

To ask other readers questions about Fan Fiction Fan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fan Fiction Fan

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·
 ·  1 rating  ·  1 review

Start your review of Fan Fiction Fan (Pixel-Stained: a documentary memoir of the electronic publishing revolution in gay genre fiction, #1)
Karen-Leigh
Jul 09, 2015 rated it liked it
This was an interesting read and very different. I got it because I hoped it would bring back my early life in fan fiction, how I found it, what it meant to me, the people I met, the fandoms I followed, the beta work I did, the zines I collected, the cons I went to and the friendships I made that continue today. It did not fulfil those hopes and was fixed on a fandom I had not interest in and held some opinions on fan fiction that are different from my own but all in all I was pleased to read it ...more
James Corley
Elisa Rolle
Aug 11, 2015
Sev
Mar 02, 2020
Honored in the Rainbow Awards, Dusk Peterson writes historical speculative fiction with diverse characters: historical fantasy, alternate history, and retrofuture science fiction. Friendship, romantic friendship, and romance often occur in the stories. Visit duskpeterson.com for e-books and free fiction.

A resident of Maryland, Mx. Peterson lives with an apprentice and several thousand books.