Start by marking “Shattered Ties (Ties, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Ties (Ties, #1)

Read Excerpt

Shattered Ties

(Ties #1)

With a former supermodel mother and a rock-and-roll legend father, Emma Preston has the best of everything. Nothing is as perfect as it seems though. After her parents divorce, she’s forced to live with her mother in a private Santa Monica community. Ignoring their parental roles, her mother becomes more focused on climbing the social ladder while her father is off on tour ...more
Published November 27th 2013 by K.A. Robinson Publishing LLC (first published November 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Ties

Christy
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Shattered Stars!!!

photo 05400b3d-9c99-4c05-9337-0b6b42346fed_zps1a38a72c.jpg
"There are people who come into your life who deserve to be loved. They are the ones worth taking a chance on, hoping you don't end up broken."

Emma and Jesse grew up in two different worlds. Emma lives with her ex-model mother who expects her to be perfect. Dress perfect. Have the perfect friends and boyfriend. She is a shallow woman who looks down on anyone without money. Thankfully, Emma is nothing like that. She’s more like her father who is a famous traveling musician.
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it

Well well well, this book was definitely an easy read as I expected with cliffy!!!!!!! *my head just can't handle these kind of cliffy where the next book comes after few months ---- GOSH NO, hence I made a future note for myself.....I am not gonna pick up any books with cliffy until the next one out**

photo giphy-6-1.gif

Jesse Daniels
"His eyes were the brightest emerald green, several tattoos covered his arms. A fallen angel and surfer boy all rolled into one look"

photo tumblr_mc4bfgxigT1r69gbso1_500-1.jpg

Emma Preston
A rich kid whose kind, caring and w
Brooke Cumberland
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting and waiting for Shattered Ties!!!
I gave this 4.5 forbidden Stars!

I don't typically read YA, and although this was a combination of YA/NA, I really enjoyed reading about Jesse & Emma. The reason I don't typically read YA is due to the immaturity and naivety of the characters. I remember being 17, so it's understandable why these characters are impulsive and act the way they do.

My character casting for Jesse and Emma

photo shatteredtiesreviewcasting_zpsa17397fb.jpg

Emma, despite her home life, was not your typical spoile
It's just me Shelly B
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-na
LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!!!

Review to come!!!
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
3 stars

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This wasn't an original storyline but I love reading young first love type books. Our heroine is Emma the rich girl and our hero is Jesse, the poor and tattooed new boy in school.

I almost DNF but the story and the characters grew on me.

I like being tied to you. Just promise not to shatter me

Towards the end there was a glossed over storyline which I wished was in more detail. And then... A CLIFFHANGER!!! I try to avoid these as much as possible. In this case it made me mad. Mad at th
Candace
I read this story a while back and thought it was great. It was a story about young love, innocence lost, betrayal and heartache.

Good girl, Emma, and bad boy, Jesse, fall head-over-heels in love, but have to fight their friends and family every step of the way to be together. They come from two different worlds and it seems like nobody wants these two to be together, breaking out of their expected social roles. Jesse, especially, is torn between doing what he feels obligated to do or following
Praiz Sophyronja
Jul 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
*cringe*

I FINISHED IT. HAHAH, I ACTUALLY FINISHED IT. I deserve a prize.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shattered Ties by KA Robinson
4 stars!!

“All I wanted was a princess castle.”

I loved Shattered Ties, whilst it may seem that it has a similar premise to other books you may have read KA Robinson makes it different and puts her own little twists in there. Yes it is a case of rich girl falls in love with the boy from the poor side of town, but they have their own very unique story.

Maybe it was fate and destiny that Jesse and Emma met at school aged 17, Jesse winning a scholarship to go to the very p
Laci
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is so good I have immediately moved on to the second book. I love these two.
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
"All I wanted was a Princess Castle…" - Emma Preston – 6yrs old.

Shattered Ties is a complicated yet heart-warming first-love story told between two young adults from the opposite side of the tracks. Their love is nurtured through mutual attraction and selfless hearts as their worlds collide not once, but twice. Fate throws these two young souls together in a sandbox at the tender age of six, only then to play its final hand eleven years later.

Emma is the Daughter of a world-renowned rock star
Jacqueline
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
It's really bad to judge people before you know them based on how much money they have and people who do that are NOT NICE PEOPLE was the theme of this book and boy did it make its point - over and over again, laid down with the subtlety of a trowel.

The main characters were juvenile 17 year olds and fairly sweet but not much happened bar lots of scenes illustrating the point that people who judge others before they know them based on how much money they have are NOT NICE PEOPLE.

The sex scenes sa
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
This story is about Luv from two sides of the tracks.... Wealthy and not so wealthy... Chips on shoulders and true sweetness... Mansions and trailer parks... And somehow Luv wins out...

Emma and Jesse.... A chance meeting in a sandbox... Two children thrown together in life later on... Chance? Or is it destiny? This story is of first Luv and all it's complications and beauty... Knowing the world will be against them and try and tear them apart, they cant help what they feel...
Can't wait for book
Stephanie
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
DNF @ 58%

This just wasn't for me. Don't take my word on it though, if you want to read it, then do! You might just love it.
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 01, 2013 marked it as to-read
Yay to Smashwords Freebies!! Just picked up this baby today! Thank you Fei! <3
Lyndsie
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I’m not one to normally read a book when the main characters are in high school, but since this was a K.A. Robinson book I thought what the heck. You know what? I’m so glad I read it!

The book starts by introducing us to Emma Preston & Jesse Daniels at six years old. Emma comes from money since her dad is a famous musician and her mother is an ex model. Her mom is someone I immediately disliked. Emma’s mom takes her to a park on the wealthy end of town where she points out a young b
Kim
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars

Emma is the rich daughter of a socialite and a rock star. Jesse is the boy from the trailer park on scholarship. They shouldn't have anything in common. But something draws them together. Jesse has preconceived notions about Emma, but she proves him wrong. She is actually caring, sweet and non judgmental. Jesse is tough and not used to forming attachments. But they get under each other's skin. Life is not so simple and there are conflicts and complications.

I was trying my hardest to av
The Book Trollop
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts

"This boy looked like a fallen angel and a surfer boy all rolled into one, and I wanted to wrap myself around him"

So we have a rich girl with a heart and a poor, smart, surfer boy with an artistic side and an even bigger heart. They seem like an unlikely pair but there is a certain pull that attracts them to one another. But can they redefine the unwritten rules of total opposites and live a happily ever after??

Throughout this entire story it seemed like they were a strong force to
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, blog-tours, arc
I loved this book! Absolutely loved it! I completely adored this author's other series, so to say that I was excited about this one was an understatement! I had been desperate to read this book since I first heard about it and it definitely lived up to my expectations! Overall, this book was about two people from two completely different backgrounds falling in love! It was also about the ups and downs of a relationship between two people from different backgrounds! The plot of this book was amaz ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
I was looking for an audiobook, that the same narrator of a previous book. Just so happens I’ve owned Shattered Ties since oh, Sept of 2015. Tells you how many books I have on my TBR pile. So I agreed to the additional charge for Audio. Let me just say I’m so glad I did.

I loved Shattered Ties, it had that feeling of the innocence of finding your first love. Though, in some ways it’s forbidden. Jesse is from the poorer side of town, while Emma is from the rich side of town. Emma’s mom is a compl
Kate Lynne
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book...it's mind boggling really. I'd give it 10 stars if I could.
It hooks you right from the start
Sure...It seems to be like other romances you've read
good girl...meets bad boy...angst...love.
You're right...It has all of your makings of your typical love story...except just one thing...the twist that pushes the story right off the pages and played out before my eyes. I literally can feel the depth and emotions of these characters. I want to be them. I want to be a part of this story.
The c
Brittany Bloom
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I actually read the whole book in one sitting! Here's my review copied from Amazon:

First off I have never written a review for anything I've ever bought from Amazon, but this was SOOOO good I had to.

To me this wasn't your average boy meets girl story. Emma is the daughter of a rockstar and a retired supermodel. By all appearences she may seem to be a "Rich Bitch"whose mother always told her to stay away from "White Trash".

On the first day of school she meet Jesse a "Scholarship Kid" from the oth
Lesley Koke DeWig
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
K.a. Robinson does it again. In Shattered Ties we are introduced to Jesse and Emma who are as different as night and day. Emma comes from a world of wealth and privilege. Where as Jesse is from a world he has to fight for everything he has. They are unexpectedly brought together. And while they both fight their feeling for each other the chemistry is there. I Loved this book can't wait for next year for the follow up of their story.
Eye Candy Bookstore
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Full review to come in our blog 11/15/13. ❤ Kellie ...more
Lissa Rice
**5 Stars** Full Review and Rating will be up at Boundless Book Reviews
Cinta
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
4.0 second time around.
Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews)
This review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

WARNING: THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAINER SPOILERS.

Emma Preston has always had the best life could offer. Her mom is a former supermodel and her dad is a rock star and she has never wanted for anything money could buy. But that doesn't mean her life is perfect. Her dad is always off touring with his band and her mother cares more about becoming the biggest socialite than she does about being a parent. Jesse is Emma's opposite in every
Victoria S.
Nov 08, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars with lots of promise for book 2!

“Every child puts his or her parents up on a pedestal. Parents could do no wrong, and their opinions were your opinions as well.” ~Emma 6yrs. Old

Shattered Ties is more than a forbidden romance—boy from wrong side of the tracks meets rich girl with future dedicated by cold hearted parent, it’s a story of first loves, proving oneself is more than set stereotypes. Two young adults going through the motion that is high school while battling to break out of
Jennifer Shiels
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a really great story. This is the story of Emma and Jesse. Emma comes from money, her father is in a famous rock band and her mother is a former model but is always trying to climb the social ladder and only thinks people with money are worth anything. Her father is always off on tour or somewhere else so he's seldom around while her mother is always off to the next party or social event so she's pretty much been raised by nannies and somewhat herself. Jesse lives in a trailer park and ...more
Donna ~
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the first installment in the Ties Series and it had me tied to my
kindle from the prologue and I never let go. What an AMAZING read!!
If you have not read a K.A. Robinson novel than you are in for a treat
and I can guarantee it won’t be your last.

First impressions are lasting….Little did Jesse know that 11 years later
he would come face to face with the little girl from the sandbox. You
always remember your firsts….in this case the first person to tell you
that you were nothing and you would n
Tiffany
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
K.A. Robinson quickly became a 556 Favorite with her Torn Series, and she delivered another hit with Shattered Ties. But I have to admit that I was on the fence when I realized that Jesse and Emma were still in High School. But this book was so freaking good...I could have cared less about them being anything other than Jesse and Emma.

New student Jesse Daniels has been accepted to Hamrick High School on scholarship...but he is not at all excited about entering holy snobby hell. Then he sees her

• The Sound of Shooting Stars
  • In A Heartbeat (Shameful Regret, #1)
  • Undone (Disclosure, #1)
  • Mirage (Destined, #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Stroke of Fear
  • Used (Unlovable, #1)
  • Precious Consequences (Consequences, #1)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
  • Out From Under (The Lovers Duet, #1)
  • Broken Dreams (Beyond Series #2)
  • Torn (Torn Heart, #1)
  • With Every Heartbeat (Cities of Love, #1)
  • Forget Me Not (Flowering, #1.1)
  • Promise Me This (Promise Me, #1)
  • Hard to Love You (Love, #3)
  • Patch Up (Patch Up, #1)
  • Break My Fall (No Limits, #1)

Ties (2 books)
  • Twisted Ties (Ties, #2)