Start by marking “For Pete's Sake (Piper Cove Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
For Pete's Sake (Piper Cove Chronicles #2)

For Pete's Sake (Piper Cove Chronicles #2)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  168 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Ellen isn't sure true love exists. That is until she landscapes the estate of the widower next door, Adrian Sinclair. Adrian has it all—at least on the surface. A successful businessman, he's engaged to a beautiful woman and he'll soon have a stepmom for his troubled son, Pete. Yet from the moment Ellen rescues a stranded Adrian on her Harley, his well-ordered world turns ...more
Published April 1st 2008 by Avon Inspire (an imprint of HarperCollins)

To ask other readers questions about For Pete's Sake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Pete's Sake

Rachel McMillan
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am not a huge contemporary romance fan; but I had heard good things about this book. I read it in one sitting while off sick from work this week.

In the hands of a lesser author, I would have been driven nuts by some of the conventions in the book: most notably the trope which pits the hero with a fiancee who is JUST THE WORST! But, because he is so well-developed and so well-meaning and because he changes so much, we are softly and genuinely led to believe in the validity of their relationship
Just - The romance reader
Jul 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Having read and thoroughly enjoyed Wedding Bell Blues, which is book #1 in the Piper Cove Chronicles I was eager to read For Pete's Sake. I knew when I read the epilogue and the main character Ellen revealed that she loved muscle cars I was in for a great book. Ellen is such a great and loving character. She's got a heart of gold and always stays true to herself. The fact that she's a tomboy and manages to capture the hearts of a very, very handsome man and a wonderful boy without even so much a ...more
Larisha
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is the second in Linda Windsor's Piper Cove Chronicles; though, it can be read as a stand-alone book.

Linda brings the characters to life and leads the reader on an emotional journey that will have you laughing, hurting and loving along the way. The main character is Ellen.

I must end by mentioning the musketeers. This group of four women - Alex, Jan, Sue Ann and Ellen - shares a lifetime of friendship, support and ice cream. It is beautiful to watch the dynamics of these women as they l
Mirela
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not at all what I was expecting when I randomly grabbed this book at the library, but after 48 hours of intense reading I have to say I was impressed. I expected the romance but the end to the security breach had thrown me for a loop. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and they were well developed and grew as the story progressed. I will definitely have to keep an eye out for more books by this author.
CarolynB
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I'm so glad I decided to follow up book one of the Piper Cove Chronicles with book two. I really liked this book. It had just enough romance and just enough tension between characters and just enough mystery to keep me reading every spare minute! I hadn't known much about Asberger's Syndrome, either, and I really enjoyed getting to know Pete. He's quite a character! I hope Ms Windsor will write another installment--Jan's story.
Joleen
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean, romance
I like when a female character is strong, yet self effacing. For Pete's Sake has many strong female characters, and shows the difference between good and evil in two of them. Very well written, interesting plot line, and kept me up until 3am at the end of the book! I will be getting more Linda Windsor books.
Pat
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read all of Linda Windsor's historical novels I've been able to get my hands on and loved them but I've waited a while to read this contemporary love story. Lovable quirky characters, lots of intrigue, and a special treat to have one of the main characters be a young pre-adolescent boy with Asberger's syndrome.
Cathleen
Jun 06, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: faith, romance
If I had taken a moment to check previous goodreads entries, I would have remembered how I didn't care for the first book in this series. However, this one is better. The "Pete" in the title is an eleven-year-old boy with mild Asperger's Syndrome, and his character is the one worth reading.
Sara
Oct 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Good but predictable.
Carman
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well I liked this one. It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. I really hope she does Jan's story next. I think Jan's character relates to alot of people.
Leah
Sep 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
I would like to see what other books this author has written. Well written and easy to read.
Melissa
Mar 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Tomboy woman thinks she'll never find a mate, but when she meets the man of her dreams--he's already taken. A bit of mystery thrown in for some spice.
Becky Schoonover
May 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Quick easy read, not so much believable but entertaining. Would have been better if the kid was a bit younger and they eased up on the religion stuff.
April
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fun, engaging, light read. Good characters & a story that leaves you with a smile.
Michelle
May 09, 2008 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this. I always like this author's books. Light reading, enjoyable story line.
Wendy
May 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
As usual, Windsor delivers a fun book with great characters. I loved reading it.
Samantha Capps
Sep 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: general
This book really kept my interest the whole time which is normally difficult.....I tend to take a long time to finish a book but this one went pretty quickly.
Anna
Jan 07, 2016
Lynette
Apr 18, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Distant Heart (Westward Hearts #2)
  • Leaving November (Clayburn, #2)
  • Beloved Captive (Fairweather Keys #2)
  • A Hilltop in Tuscany
  • Taming Rafe (Noble Legacy, #2)
  • Along Came a Cowboy (Pinky Promise Sisterhood, #2)
  • Twice Loved (Belles of Timber Creek #1)
  • Seaside Letters (Nantucket, #3)
  • Sister's Choice (Patchwork Circle, #2)
  • Gone with the Groom (Bridal Mayhem Series #2)
  • A Texas Legacy Christmas (Texas Legacy #4)
  • Blue Heart Blessed
  • Beyond the Night
  • Vermont Weddings: Dear Granny/The Long Trail to Love/Sweet Sugared Love (Heartsong Novella Collection)
  • Rebecca's Reward (Daughters of Blessing, #4)
  • A Man for Temperance (Wagon Wheel Series #2)
  • Finding Marie (Frasier Island #2)
Linda Windsor is the best-selling, award-winning author of more than thirty novels, with more than a million books in print. Her most recent work includes Healer and Thief, the first two volumes in the Brides of Alba series, and the early Irish Celtic Fires of Gleannmara trilogy.
More about Linda Windsor...

Piper Cove Chronicles (2 books)
  • Wedding Bell Blues (Piper Cove Chronicles #1)