Start by marking “Christmas Curveball” as Want to Read:
Christmas Curveball

Christmas Curveball

When newly-single Rachel Tanner finds out that pro pitcher Kevin Ganlin has come home to recover from an injury, her heart skips a beat. She’s loved him from afar since her preteen years, never bold enough to let him know.

Kevin is less than thrilled when Rachel shows up at his doorstep. She’s his best friend’s little sister and officially off limits. Besides, he’s staring
Published December 5th 2013 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Curveball, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Curveball

Start your review of Christmas Curveball
Bethany
Dec 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday, netgalley
Christmas Curveball was a sweet friend to lover story. It was a fast read with the holidays mixed in.

Rachel Tanner has always been in love with her brother’s best friend, Kevin Ganlin. Loving him from a far, she finds and marries a man that reminds her of him, only to have her heart broken by his wondering eye.

Kevin Ganlin’s professional baseball career has hit a rough patch. With an injury forcing him to figure out what he has to do next. Hiding out at his mountain home, Kevin doesn’t want to
Jac (For Love and Books)
Shelves: netgalley
When I was a kid, I was head over heels in love with my best friends brother. I think that's just a right of passage. You love your best friends brother or your brothers best friend, whichever is applicable in your situation. (Now, I haven't see said brother in decades... but the rumor mill in my hometown says he's married now, and I hope he's happy. LOL!) But that storyline is forever one of my favorites in romance!

Christmas Curveball is one of those fantastic stories! It's short, sweet and su
~Kate~
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yup this is another Christmas read that I just had to have as it sounded like it would be a good Christmas read I just didn't realise how much I would enjoy it.

I do like the cover as it has the Christmas feel to it just like the story itself. I wouldn't say it's that in keeping with the story but in this case I'm not that bothered.

As soon as I started this book I just knew I was going to fall in love with it as it was just too cute not too. Yes this is a little bit cheesy but I do love a bit of
Monica
Shelves: christmas
This is definitely a cute romantic Christmas read. Christmas Curveball is the tale of divorced Rachel and Kevin, her high school crush and brothers best friend. Rachel hasn’t really been interested in dating ever since her ex-husband cheated on her throughout their marriage; needless to say she has trust issues. Kevin has recently moved back in town after suffering an injury that ended his pro baseball career.

When Rachel finds out Kevin is back in town she goes out looking for him. While visiti
Kame
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rachel, her brother Tim and Kevin have been friends forever. Kevin left their small hometown to become a professional baseball player. He always had an attraction to Rachel but his best friend Tim gave the "no dating my sister" rule. Rachel loved Kevin from afar, so much so she married someone who reminded her of Kevin. Now Kevin is home retiring from baseball and Rachel is divorced. It is Christmas time, time to make dreams come true!

The friendship between these three is great. Tim and Rachel h
Holly Price
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
Rachel's been head over heels for her brother's best friend, Kevin as long as she can remember. Kevin is a professional baseball player and has always had an abundance of girls and he hasn't hidden that he's with a new girl most of the time. Rachel was so caught up in Kevin that she even started dating an married a man that reminded her of Kevin. Her ex-husband now, David, also proved that he likes a different girl regularly. After coming to the conclusion that he has very real feelings for Rach ...more
Irene
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Christmas Curveball was a fun and enjoyable read.

Rachel has a mishap and finds herself all cozied up on Kevin's couch and in his sweats. They decide to play Truth or Truth to pass the time and they end up finding out more than either had ever dared to hope for.
What started out as a fun game leads them into opening up about their feelings, both are surprised that what they felt back in their teens is still there only difference is now they can act on these feelings.

Being a professional pi
Charis
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This time of year I like to curl up with Christmas romances. My requirements are simple: chemistry, good romantic scenes, family and some laughter.

Christmas Curveball had all of the above and more: Great strong female character in Rachel- check, Hottie reformed bad boy Kevin - check, Great chemistry between the two - check. Humor - check, Good male friendships - check. Great female friendship - check. The snarky ex - check.

For such a short book Mikels packs in punch with this cute but sexy littl
Paris
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked Christmas Curveball by Shari Mikels. I am a big fan of forbidden friends of sibling romances, especially when the attraction has almost always been there on both sides and not just now that the woman is grown up and has “blossomed”. Kevin and Rachel had always liked each other, but there was a lot keeping them from each other, least of which was Rachel’s older brother. Their insecurities were completely understandable and really great to see they actually talked them out.

This stor
Aimee
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a very quick read and while I did enjoy it I think I would have enjoyed it more if it would have been a bit longer and the author would have spent some more time developing the characters. Everything just felt rushed and I was at the end before I knew it.

The characters are likable and I found the story interesting, a famous baseball star returns home and realizes he is in love with his best friends sister who he has known his whole life. Kevin and Rachel had great chemistry and I did en
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Curveball Christmas was a fun, quick read for me. Something to put you in the Christmas spirit. Rachel Tanner has always been in love with her brother's best friend, pro pitcher Kevin Ganlin. Well now Kevin in no longer playing professional baseball due to an injury and Rachel is divorced from her jerky husband.

Kevin is known to be a lady's man. With a different women in every city. Rachel can not deal with that kind of heartbreak again. Her husband was a cheating loser. Rachel doesn't know if s
sue
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xmas, net-galley
I was gifted this book for an honest review from Carina Press via Net Galley.
I received this unedited and never had any problems with it at all. If you get a chance to read this lovely uplifting book then I should.

Kevin returns home, he is in hiding, and Rachel learns of this from seeing a truck with his well known logo on his license plate when at a car service station having her wind wipers renewed. She goes home and tackles her brother about it, she he has told her to keep it a secret.

There i
Anna
Dec 06, 2013 rated it liked it
For a cute contemporary romance, this book was sweet like cotton candy, but also fluffy and without a ton of value and substance. It was predictable and even a bit lacking in some of the areas. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt though because in 111 pages I have a hard time getting too attached to anything in the plot or the characters to know what to expect, so I'm giving it 3 stars.

It grazes over a professional athlete coming to the end of his career, it deals briefly with some unrequite
Janet
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I would consider this a novella, but it reads well and was very satisfying. Shari Mikels was able to do something that is difficult in novella format - she was able to balance the character development with the story. Christmas Curveball is sweet, has likeable characters, offers a satisfying story of friends to lovers in a Holiday setting. It certainly would be a great read for anytime of year if you like simple well plotted romances.
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an hon
Romantic Reads and Such
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Christmas Curveball has warmth, humor and charm and, at just over 100 pages, is the perfect quick romance break when you need to get away from the holiday rush. You know going in where everything will lead but Rachel and Kevin are so likeable that you gladly follow right along every step of the way.

If you are looking for a sweet holiday romance, this is a must-buy.

Full review available at http://romanticreadsandsuch.wordpress...
Alexia Reed
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was looking to read a light holiday story so I picked up Christmas Curveball. I loved it! Shari has a great voice and I love the best friend's sister trope. It's one of my favourites. I am hoping the brother gets a story!
Books and Spoons
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love Christmas romance books. And this one was lovely! Absolutely loved the author's fun style of writing.
The story is so enjoyable, the second chances, the BFF's younger sister storyline, the love and heat between the characters, the goodwill-to-all of the holiday season...
Amber Kaltsas
3.5 Review to come :)
Kristina
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Gina
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved this story ---Rachel and Kevin have always been in love and what better way to find each other is at Christmas. Great story for the holidays and hopeless romantics!!
Karen
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Would have liked more character development (in general, I'm not a fan of novellas).
✿~Danielle~✿
Kevin and Rachel
Read 21st December 2013

This was a sweet holiday contempoary romance. I liked both hero and heroine.
Michelle
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
3.5
Joely Burkhart
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sweet touching romance

This was such a sweet story. Bonus brother's best friend trope! Cute dialogue, vulnerable heroine, and tender wounded warrior hero.

Jaclyn
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

Cute and Quick read for the Holidays! Not my usual fare but I enjoyed it.. I received an ARC of this from NetGalley for an honest review
Donna
Dec 06, 2013
Aleisha
Nov 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • Christmas in Snowflake Canyon (Hope's Crossing, #6)
  • Christmas in Shelter Bay (Shelter Bay #6.5)
  • Christmas Camp
  • They All Fall Down
  • A Christmas Gift
  • The Christmas Bouquet (Chesapeake Shores, #11)
  • Grace is Gone
  • The Grace Year
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • The Christmas Visitor
  • The Horse Dancer
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • Trophy Life
  • I've Got Your Number
  • The Raven Tower
Shari Mikels grew up wanting to be an astronaut and went to school for aerospace engineering. That is, until she found out the realities of being an AE. She switched to computer science, much to her mom’s satisfaction. That job led to her next career—as a cosmetics direct sales beauty consultant and director. After the birth of her son, she was ready to be a stay-at-home mom, spending her time rea ...more

News & Interviews