Start by marking “Love & Deception (Agents in Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Love & Deception (Agents in Love #1)

Love & Deception (Agents in Love #1)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
What if everything you believed in was a lie?

In hiding for six years, Carlie Hollis is tired of running. All she wants is to stay in Sayle, Washington and make a success of her struggling delicatessen. Because of her past, she’s suspicious of anyone who takes an interest in her.

Nick Kendall works as a spy in a top-secret government operation, protecting innocent people fro
ebook
Published October 18th 2013 (first published October 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Love & Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love & Deception

Rachelle Ayala
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a thrilling ride. Nick is an agent sent to investigate a deadly ring of terrorists set in the bucolic town of Sayle, Washington. The ringleader? A widow running a cafe serving cupcakes.

Carlie can't resist the handsome hunky Nick when he saves her from fellow karate student Stephen Chance's dirty hands. Their romance twists and turns as Nick alternately suspects Carlie and then imagines she is the victim.

This story had me spinning. You think you know what's going on, and it's pretty obvious
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Carlie Hollis is a victim fleeing powerful political enemies who want her killed or maybe not. Maybe she is a terrorist secretly plotting against the United States. Nick Kendall is an agent sent to eliminate terrorists operating in the U.S. or maybe not. Maybe he isn't working for the government at all but an organization with darker motives. Nick is sent to find out if Carlie is a terrorist and if so to eliminate her. Although, he knows she may be a terrorist he falls in love with her and she w ...more
8o's
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love & Deception by Chantel Rhondeau is the first book in her Agents in Love series. In Love & Deception, Carlie Hollis is living under a false name, afraid for her life. Nick Kendall is a spy who is sent to learn all of Carlie's secrets because she is suspected of working for a terrorist organization. Nick is slowly working himself into Carlie's life but not quick enough for his boss, Paul. Paul sets events into motion that definitely made me think what the heck is going on. I actually ...more
Elle
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Love & Deception by Chantel Rhondeau is the first book in her Agents in Love Series. This novel is full of suspense, twists, and an abundance of steamy romance.

Carlie Hollis is running from the skeletons of her past. All she wants is to escape and start fresh with a clean slate. Nick Kendall is a spy on a mission and his target is Carlie. Their connection is electric and neither can deny their chemistry. Can he win the girl without compromising his mission? Or will their attraction put them
Travis Casey
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite authors has done it again. The romance of Nick and Carlie is as gripping as the suspense it sits on. SATO agent Nick falls for his 'target', suspected terrorist Carlie Hollis. I enjoyed watching their love blossom as Ms. Rhondeau put more emphasis into the romance side of the story in this book then some of her previous work. And she did it with HOT sex scenes.

There are a lot of twists and unforeseen events in this book that keeps the readers guessing about who to believe, wh
Michele Shriver
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Carlie Hollis is a victim fleeing powerful political enemies who want her killed. Or maybe she's a terrorist, secretly plotting against the United States.

Nick Kendall is a patriot seeking to eliminate his county's enemies. Or maybe the organization he works for isn't part of the government at all.

When Nick arrives in town to court- and investigate- Carlie- a love blossoms that is both sweet and sexy, if a little corny at times. Beneath it lies an undercurrent of deception, but who is deceiving w
Cj Mackenzie
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have received this book in exchange of an honest review.
As a fan of contemporary romance I did quite enjoy Love & Deception.
I liked the characters in this book and wanted them to have a happy ending but, most of all, I enjoyed the suspense in the story.
Love & Deception is well-written and the author did a wonderful job with the romance and twists and turns in the story,
I think contemporary romance and romantic suspense fans will enjoy this book.
Sharon
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This author is a first time read for me. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to the second story in this series. This book has suspense and romance along with a few twist in turns for the main characters of Nick and Carlie to reach their HEA. I also liked the way martial arts was integrated in this book as well. Definitely going to read other books by this author.
Kristen Lewendon
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book reminds me a lot of the Mission Impossible movies, just without all the super-cool spy gadgets. Super-villain bent on world domination? Check. Shadowy government agency that isn't quite what it appears? Check. Innocent victims that appear suspiciously guilty? Check. Overwhelming chemistry between the male and female leads that complicates what should have been a straight-forward assignment? Double-check! It took me a couple of chapters to fully get into the story, but once the book got ...more
Steve Bender
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book from ebook Discovery in exchange for an honest review. It was a good story with several very steamy scenes. I thought that the story could have ended at several points, but it kept going. Recommended.
Cynthia
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful

What a wonderful beginning to the series. And I love the way the even though she was once weak Carlie takes a stand to be stronger. Nick thinks he doing the right thing but falls in love. Great intrigue and suspense.
Melinda Dozier
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read by Chantel Rhondeau!

Carlie and Nick each have their secrets, but they also find love and solace in each other. The tricky thing is that Nick is investigating Carlie and she is hiding from men like him.

There are many reasons why I loved this romantic suspense! First, the characters. Nick is the total Alpha male, plus he's protective and loyal at all costs. I loved his patriotism and dependability as an undercover agent for a top-secret organization. And I always love a man
Denise Moncrief
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in Chantel Rhondeau’s Agents in Love series, and I’m so glad I started at the beginning. I’m looking forward to reading the next book in the series. Ms. Rhondeau weaves romantic suspense with just the right balance of deep emotions and fast-paced action.

She drew me in with the plot of Love & Deception with an action scene and kept me reading as I became more and more emotionally involved with the main characters, Nick and Carlie. A few times, I found myself conversing
Elizabeth Robbins
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Spies, terrorists, conspiracy, corruption, who can you trust? This story keeps you guessing til the very end! I couldn't put this book down until I knew what was going to happen to Nick and Carlie. It's crazy good!
Chantel Rhondeau
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Finished the final proof read. Can't wait to share Nick and Carlie's story with my readers!
Ann
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story very much. This is the first book I've read of Chantel's, I would like to read more of her books.
Lisi Cabrera
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nick & Carlie, what can I saw besides the fact that I love this book and can't wait to see where they go from here. I loved the combination of love, suspense & naughtiness.
Amanda Mcnarland
Oct 30, 2013
Danielles
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wel goed,...beetje Nora achtig,..en toch ook veel action,...ja, net 4 sterren hoor!
Samantha
Aug 20, 2017
Shivauney
Aug 16, 2014
Catherine
May 22, 2017
P Remke
rated it did not like it
May 18, 2014
Tara
Sep 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

Agents in Love (3 books)
  • Love & Redemption (Agents in Love #2)
  • Love & Compromise (Agents in Love #3)