Start by marking “Young Avengers, Volume 3: Mic-Drop at the Edge of Time and Space” as Want to Read:
Young Avengers, Volume 3: Mic-Drop at the Edge of Time and Space

Young Avengers, Volume 3: Mic-Drop at the Edge of Time and Space

(Young Avengers (Collected Editions) #10)

They say you can never go home. For the Young Avengers, that's not true. They can go home — it's just that if they do, the universe may end. The team takes on the gig to save reality, but is Kate Bishop an enemy in waiting? Will Noh-Varr get an arrow through the head? And is this the end of the loveable/strangle-able Kid Loki? As the Young Avengers take on "the Young Aveng ...more
Paperback, Trade, 112 pages
Published April 1st 2014 by Marvel (first published March 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Young Avengers, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Avengers, Volume 3

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm so sad this series is over! THE ARTWORK WAS PHENOMENAL in this volume. I mean, it's honestly been great throughout the whole series, but I feel like they upped the game for this one! I loved seeing how they resolved the issue at hand and it was also nice seeing the aftermath of everything. I highly recommend checking out this comic book series if you're looking to get into comics. I know they're hard to find, but they're SO worth the read.
Anne
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Anne by: Sesana
This sort of sums up this entire run...
description

Unfortunately, now it's over.
Oh well, better to go out in a blaze of glory, right?

This volume wraps up our time with the Young Avengers, and ushers in the beginnings of Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 1: Trust Me.
Like always, I accidentally read everything out of order, and even that didn't have much of an effect on how much I enjoyed this limited run.

Mother has captured Hulking, so the majority of the issues revolve around the team trying to find a way to r
Sesana
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, superhumans
I'm very sad that Young Avengers has come to an end, again. But it is better to have a relatively short, intentionally finite run than to let things drag on and on until everything gets tired. Hopefully, another talented team will take on these characters in the future and we'll get to see more of them. Or maybe not, and this will be how we last see them. I would be ok with that, because it's a great ending. It brings everything together and resolves what needs to be resolved, while leaving open ...more
Sam Quixote
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Writing a review of a third volume in a series that’s been as consistent in quality as Young Avengers is really easy. If you haven’t enjoyed the previous two volumes then you’re not going to read the third (and final) volume to this limited series and if you have then you’re going to love this one like you did the other two. Simple as, really, but let’s do this anyway!

Hulking is trapped in Mother’s dimension - Young Avengers to his rescue! Meanwhile Mother’s Worst of All Possible Worlds Young A
Anthony
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marvel-now
I love this comic. And it makes me sad that it can't go on forever, but all good runs have to end eventually. It's about characters growing from their teens into their early twenties who have super powers, whilst at the same time dealing with their relationships with each other and their parents. There's drama, kissing, some super hero action and more kissing. Especially at the after party, there is A LOT OF KISSING. It's a pop comic set within the Marvel Universe, and both Gillen and Mckelvie h ...more
Chelsea
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
4.5 stars.

Such a bummer this one was the farewell. The art changed like three or four times in one of the last issues and that sucked. McKelvie is such a beautiful artist and I wish I knew why they chose to give Kate, America, David and Noh-Varr's POVs different art.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure why this series ended. It was so great! The characters were so memorable and they were just getting started! I loved what they did with Loki and his arc was wonderful. Although, rereading this, I realiz
Sana
'Wait -- hold up! Am I the only person on the team who's straight?'
'Princess. I've seen the way you look at me. You're not that straight.'

I have to say, some of the panels in this volume are simply stunning. I loved the way how Billy's powers are incorporated into the artwork as a landscape, it's always a delight to see America punching holes in reality and all the action scenes, really. However, I hated the art change starting at the beginning of issue 14 even though I knew it was coming and ju
James DeSantis
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
The final volume of Kieron's run on Young Avengers and it ends strong.

This time Loki's entire plan comes out in the open. This is dealing with Mother and Loki deal and it's twisted turns. Watching the group find out the truth, and go to save their friend, only to find out Loki is the backstabbing person we'd expect him to be is kind of heartbreaking. Then we have two final issues here of a goodbye to the Young Avengers and it mostly is one big party of everyone talking to each other.

Good: I st
'kris Pung
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a shame this fun series is coming to a close.
Jana
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I love how NO ONE is straight in this team. It's amazing. And the colours. Plus the story line is pretty darn cool as well.
Sheida
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every single page was like a work of art. I was blown away by the graphics here.
Cat  (cat-thecatlady)
ok, unpopular opinion over here... I'm incredibly disappointed with this book.

the art is absolutely flawless but if a story isn't good enough to entertain, a graphic novel becomes nothing. this last title gave a poor conclusion to the plot it's been telling in the past issues. it was oddly unsatisfying and so so boring. everything felt rushed and nothing had the time to have some depth added. and the plot is still so confusing. the actions are simple but the dialog is totally incomprehensible at
Celine
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really love how Marvel publishes stuff like this where everyone is queer and gay love saves the day, and at the same time they thought "eh, captain america was secretly a nazi" was a good idea, like...can I have some of the stuff you're having?
seriously tho, this was a lot of fun and I love how everyone is just...their gayest selves....amazing
Patty
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Source: Library
Miriam
Dec 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: graphic
"Mic-Drop at the Edge of Time". I Would be so proud if I had thought up that title.
Bárbara
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite volume. It was emotional all over, and the characters (except Noh-Var, who got royally screwed and I can never forgive that; and Patriot, who I never really liked in the first place) got a wonderful wrap to their arcs. I am particularly a fan of the work that was done with Teddy, Loki and Billy's individual arcs. My boys grew so nicely, I'm like a proud aunt <3

I honestly think I enjoyed the reread even more than the first time around, and that is to say something, because
Abi (The Knights Who Say Book)
AAAAAHHH THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!! I’m so happy this volume (in like the last three pages) confirms that America’s a lesbian, Noh-Varr and Loki “don’t have labels” but aren’t straight, and that Kate is probably also not straight (plus we already had two gay boys and one bi boy confirmed in the first two volumes), but in terms of plot? Ughhh. Only sometimes made sense. It’s a real up and down ride with some cool artwork but plenty of frustration.
Grace
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Young Avengers series has been a blast!

There are many things I've loved about this series! I wish it could go on and on and the crew that participated can create more marvel comics in the future!

There was one thing that made me sad towards the end (and that was kind of my ship sinking *cries*) but other than that, I really liked this series - A LOT!
Amy Aelleah
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice finish to the series, wrapped up very well and I still love these characters. Mostly. Honestly, Billy is just too angsty for me. But the rest of them are great. ... Did I mention I adore America? Because I do. And Loki. ... Neither of which really surprises me.
Ellyn   → Allonsythornraxx
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
30/05/2017

3.5? 4? I don't know - it was all a bit rushed and I feel like the authors had a whole lot more they wanted to say. I will be forever sad that this got cancelled.
G
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD. I need a second here. I really, really need a second here. This was the best comic book I've read in a while. And I do think I read a lot of comic books. The resolution was incredible, the plot twists were both fun and amazing, and the ending is just. I can't. I need air. What is air. How do I get air. Who do I have to pay to get my air back.

(view spoiler)
Fate's Lady
Oct 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Starts super strong, fumbles it in the second volume, a little, and then... fizzle. This one fell so flat for me. Also, what's with the bizarre final issue??? The "nobody is straight" reveal comes out of nowhere, diminishes the notability of the Teddy/Billy relationship, and feels so forced and weird and pointless that one of the characters has to hang a lantern on it. What a waste of pages.

I felt like this was more a showcase for the characters than a real story, and the plot resolution felt fo
Craig
Oct 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This, like HAWKEYE, looks amazing. But too bad the scripts are slip-shod. Or at the vert least, they fall into the shorthand category of zero explanation. Suddenly, the backstory of Miss America, perhaps my favorite character in the volume, is given a 2-page origin that comes out of nowhere and with no explanation of how it actually happened.

Ultimately, I should not have to read the text piece at the beginning of a comic or its Wikipedia page to understand/ follow the actual book. And too many
Steph
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Or as I like to call it the Everyone is Pretty Gay edition.
A+
Amber
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
There was a Scott Pilgrim reference. Wiccan stays my favorite. And the humorous scene at the end about sexuality gave me hope.
Heatherblakely
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
"Princess. I've seen the way you look at me. You're not that straight."

I knew it was coming but I still was not ready.
Jason
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Last two issues were mostly epilogue, but still pretty good. Sucks this was a limited series...yet, it also makes the story better.
Peter
Nov 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anyone who needs to wipe ther arse.
Shelves: the-avengers
SHIT! bad artwork bad storyline, just awful, it sucks.

This as got to be one of the poorest comics that has been a mis-fortune to sit through. The early Young Avengers were good solid stories.
Abby
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Love these characters, love the stunning art, but I honestly got so confused at certain points in the story, also WTF MARVEL BOY
  • Young Avengers, Volume 2: Family Matters
  • Black Widow, Volume 3: Last Days
  • Hawkeye: Kate Bishop, Vol. 1: Anchor Points
  • Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers
  • Gambit, Volume 3: King of Thieves
Kieron Gillen is a comic book writer and former media journalist.

Young Avengers (Collected Editions) (10 books)
  • Young Avengers, Volume 1: Sidekicks