Start by marking “Kick-Ass 3” as Want to Read:
Kick-Ass 3

Kick-Ass 3

(Kick-Ass: The Dave Lizewski Years #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2,146 ratings  ·  194 reviews
The grand finale of Mark Millar and John Romita Jr.'s blockbuster! Hit-Girl is in jail, leaving Kick-Ass to lead the superhero team Justice Forever. But superheroes have been outlawed, leaving Kick-Ass and to dodge both cops and some terrifying new foes! For the first time, Kick-Ass begins to doubt. Is he in too deep to get out? Meanwhile, Hit-Girl starts running all the g ...more
Published September 3rd 2014 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Kick-Ass 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kick-Ass 3

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Kick-Ass 3
Jayson
(B+) 77% | Good
Notes: A blunted expression of toothless aggression, it sputters to climax: a stunted digression, sufficient by residual feeling.
Alejandro
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Final Kick is here!!!

A LONG WAITING WITH ANOTHER UNEXPECTED DELAY

I got this in its single issues, but I am doing the review on this edition to be able to do a better overall review of the whole storyarc.

It was funny, since I bought the single issues for several months but waiting to have them all to read the whole story in a one shot, but... when I got seven issues, I took seat, I read, and... I found out that it will be an eighth issue!!! Aaaaah!!!

So, I had to wait like a month to b
Carlos De Eguiluz
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sam Quixote
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Mark Millar and John Romita Jr’s Kick Ass was a surprise hit, both as a comic and a movie. It was wild, different and very fun and introduced us to the brilliant Hit Girl, a tiny Tazmanian Devil of violence. Then we got the sequel and the Hit Girl spin-off - neither were as great as the first book but they were still pretty decent. And now we have the threequel, which is also the final Kick Ass instalment - and it was one too many.

Mindy, aka Hit Girl, is in jail while Dave, aka Kick Ass, is on
James DeSantis
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This wasn't half bad. After a very entertaining first volume and a very very very stupid second volume I wasn't sure where I'd land with this one. I was right in the middle.

I liked that they closed up the story in a satisfying matter. The new characters introduced worked well and it made for a fun story. I also loved some moments with Hit girl and especially with her mother. I also enjoyed watching Dave grow up and see what's important in life.

On the flipside a little to much killing and death
Baba
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-comedy
Kick Ass volume three #1-8, could be subtitled 'the baddies strike back' As they do big-time, decimating the friends, family and lives of Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl! Is this the end of their war? Read it and see. A typical blood ridden violence-fest with a darkly comedic ending to this well hyped and profitable creator owned super-project! 8 out of 12.
Pramod Nair
Jun 22, 2015 rated it liked it
In Kick-Ass 3, Mark Miller sets stage for one last ride for ‘Kick-Ass’ and ‘Hit Girl’ which brings the epic series to a literally explosive conclusion. From a readers viewpoint there is nothing much to comment about this third and final installment of the series as like the previous 2 volumes the artwork is crisp and brilliant with fantastic choice of colors, but the content is unabashedly saturated with extreme violence, slaughter, blood and viscera.
Himanshu Karmacharya
Better than the second volume by miles. There is improvement in both the artwork , and the coloring is brighter and vibrant. The writing has improved as well, and it was nice to see how the writer has wrapped things up at the end, giving a proper closure to the series.
Shannon
A nice wrap-up to the series. I'm glad they didn't try to milk it until it fizzled out big time.

Our hero gets a real girlfriend and deals with his comic book obsession to a bloody finale.

Character epilogues felt appropriate.

OVERALL GRADE: A minus.
Chris Lemmerman
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I had this horrible feeling that because Kick-Ass 3 was the last in the series, Mark Millar would go even more OTT and murder everyone in sight in the most horrible fashion, but it's actually quite restrained for him. The story reaches a satisfying and genuinely happy ending, but of course there's blood, guts, death, and destruction along the way as you'd expect. But there are no mass rapings, no dog murdering, it's all almost in good taste for Millar. Well done him for not going overboard and e ...more
Jonathan
5 stars

Sometimes a series will go out with a whimper. Well, not this one. It goes out with a...

All three volumes of this series are fantastic. My only complaint is that it's over.
Manisha
I was underwhelmed.

I felt like the second book took the story to a new level, and then Millar realised he took it too far with the realistic violence aspect, so he took a step back and used the formula that made the first book such a success.

I was disappointed.

Let me talk about the ending!

I loved what Dave went through. His story arc was great. Mindy on the other hand…

(view spoiler)
Otherwyrld
I wasn't a huge fan of the first 2 books in this series, and started reading this final volume in the same light. The ending though - wow, just wow. 5 stars for an ending that makes the whole series.
Lono
Oct 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Kick-ass 3 is pretty much more of the same. If you liked Kick-ass 2 and Hit-Girl, you can pretty much count on finding a little something to enjoy in this one. It picks up right after the last volume and most of what I liked about the earlier collections can be said for this one. The kids are all growing up and starting to get hair in strange places. Millar decides to let Kick-Ass get a regular girl and with that comes regular sex. Amazing about how your first regular piece of ass cuts into your ...more
Sooraya Evans
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Much better than volume 2.
Loved how everything gets resolved properly at the end.
Roberto
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, read-my-30s
Kick-Ass got the gran finale that it deserved. A big turnabout here, a deus ex machina there, but still a great action-filled ending.
RG
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great conclusion to an amazing series. Has everything, action, characterisation and perfect plotting. Must read!
Kayla (onthefritz)
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 2019-reads
What an amazing conclusion to this run! It wasn't as gory as I expected (don't get me wrong, it is still very gory). The early issues in book 4 take their time moving the story along in a different way, but the final issue is everything we love from Kick Ass and Hit Girl and ends on a perfect note.
Pantelis Andreou
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not the greatest entry in the series but still a fun conclusion!
Joe
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Maria
May 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The final saga of Kick-Ass and Hit Girl. It picked up exactly where the second story left off. This one is not currently a movie and to my knowledge, it won't be made into one. This is the first I've read that was all new content for me.

I thought that overall this was okay with some portions being superb and others not. I found Kick-Ass' story boring and annoying. I really was only interested in Hit Girl's story. While I've always liked Hit Girl more, in the previous books, I've cared about Kic
Clémence
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 21e, l-english, comic
This was a very satisfying end to a satisfying comic. I don't consider it to have a deep meaning or morale. It's gratuitous, violent, there's a little girl kicking ass and that's fun. But of course Kick-Ass could not last forever ; Dave had to grow up and get a real life. (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)
Jesse A
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not nearly as good as the first and not quite even on the level of the second but all in all a good book. Gives us a good closing to this fun, funny series. 3.5 stars rounded up.
Garrison Kelly
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Following the events of Kick-Ass 2, Hit-Girl is locked in solitary confinement while Kick-Ass and his friends try to rebuild what’s left of their superhero team. New girlfriends, real world priorities, lack of preparation, freeloading teammates, and dissension among the team all play a factor in slowing down progress for Kick-Ass and his ambitions of keeping New York City safe. A team of superheroes is needed now more than ever since mafia boss Rocco Genovese is back in business and plans on uni ...more
Callum Woodward
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed
A fitting conclusion that I decided to pick up from the library on a whim. Miller closes off Dave’s story really well and left me with a smile on my face. Violent as previous books but not as gratuitous, it’s a quick but solid read. Definitely read/watch the other two first.
Edward Davies
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ryan
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great way to end the series.
Robert
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A breath of fresh air to go back and enjoy this run that I missed after slogging through the disappointing 'New Girl' flop.
Dan
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth and final Kick-Ass universe book (including Hit-Girl) and Millar had the challenging job of ending the popular series in a satisfactory way.

It follows on from Kick-Ass 2 with Hit-Girl in prison and Kick-Ass recovering from the personal tragedies he suffered. Meanwhile, Red Mist is being taught how to be a tough mafia gangster as a new big bad in the form of a new ruthless Mafia boss arrives and has worryingly ambitious plans.

One of the things I liked about this the most was
André
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Running from July 2013 until October 2014, this is the final volume that concludes the series as a whole. The final story presents with some changes in Dave's and Hit-girl's life. Dave is graduated from High school and Hit-girl is still in prison. Justice Forever refuses to release hit-girl from prison, and Lieutenant Stripes is killed by Chris Genovese's mother, Angela, while trying to avenge his brother, Colonel Stars. Promoted as a captain and helping the mob, Vic Gigante is back and stronger ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Vol. 4: Old Monsters
  • Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Vol. 3: The Last Ronin
  • Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Vol. 2: Bordertown
  • Hit-Girl, Volume 4: In Hollywood
  • Sin City, Vol. 7: Hell and Back (Sin City, #7)
  • The Invincible Iron Man, Volume 1: The Five Nightmares
  • Criminal, Vol. 4: Bad Night
  • Criminal, Vol. 6: The Last of the Innocent
  • Green Arrow, Volume 1: The Death and Life of Oliver Queen
  • Criminal, Vol. 7: Wrong Time, Wrong Place
  • Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Vol. 1: Berzerker
  • Criminal, Vol. 5: The Sinners
  • Criminal, Vol. 3: The Dead and the Dying
Mark Millar is the New York Times best-selling writer of Wanted, the Kick-Ass series, The Secret Service, Jupiter’s Legacy, Jupiter’s Circle, Nemesis, Superior, Super Crooks, American Jesus, MPH, Starlight, and Chrononauts. Wanted, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2, and The Secret Service (as Kingsman: The Secret Service) have been adapted into feature films, and Nemesis, Superior, Starlight, War Heroes, Jupit ...more

Kick-Ass: The Dave Lizewski Years (4 books)
  • Kick-Ass