Start by marking “Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)

Dangerous Creatures

(Dangerous Creatures #1)

From the world of Beautiful Creatures--the instant New York Times bestselling tale of love and magic.

Ridley Duchannes is nobody's heroine. She's a Dark Caster, a Siren. She can make you do things. Anything. You can't trust her, or yourself when she's around. And she'll be the first to tell you to stay away--especially if you're going to do something as stupid as fall in
Published May 20th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Creatures, please sign up.
Theodora Mina I think it is her way of ending the books in general. In the first series beautiful creatures she always ended each book with a cliffhanger so don't…moreI think it is her way of ending the books in general. In the first series beautiful creatures she always ended each book with a cliffhanger so don't expect anything less form this series.
It is her way to add spice and suspense to the novels in order for the readers to read the next.(less)
Renee Walters Dangerous Dream goes before Dangerous Creatures and it is an E-Novella. Dangerous Deception is after Dangerous Creatures. Dream Dark is an E- Novella…moreDangerous Dream goes before Dangerous Creatures and it is an E-Novella. Dangerous Deception is after Dangerous Creatures. Dream Dark is an E- Novella in between Beautiful Darkness and Beautiful Chaos.(less)

Start your review of Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)
Anne
I WAS ONLINE WHEN KAMI GARCIA AND MARGARET STOHL announced this, so... I just want to share my reactions:

CASTER CHRONICLES SPIN-OFF SERIES?

ABOUT LINK AND RIDLEY?????

BUT I ALSO GET TO SEE ETHAN AND LENA AND LIV AND JOHN!!!!!!

SETTING: NEW YORK

...and of course, NEW HOT GUY!!!!

[image error]

"MAY 20, 2014"

But anyway....

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Instead, she closed her eyes and started to cry, really cry.
She melted into Link’s arms, burying her face in his shoulder, pressing her runny nose into his spiky hair.
Dear Ridley,

What happened? Granted, it's been a few years since I've read Beautiful Creatures but...what happened to you? What happened to the siren full of spark and fire, reeking of sex, lollipop in her mouth, looking like she just walked out of a teenaged boy's wet dream? When did you become so...domesticated?

When did you
robb
Dec 14, 2013 marked it as to-read
First Beautiful Creatures and then Dangerous Creatures?
What's next? Safe Creatures? Ugly Creatures?
Valeria Andrea
Everything was going great when suddenly - New York?!

Fuck yeah.

Ridley & Link in New York, a siren & a incubus, what could possibly go wrong?
Alaina
YAY! I finally got the book! I can finally read the series that became a thing because to the caster chronicles! YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYY!

Dangerous Creatures has Link moving to NY to get a new band together. Ridley, of course, goes with him but not to support her boyfriend. Nope, she's running away and trying to hide from a dark caster, Nox, who has two marks on her. Lucky for her.. he wants Link for one mark. Unlucky for Link I guess.

Okay, so before I got this book (which was free) I didn't
Kathy
Dec 17, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
OMG! Another series!!! Yay!!! :D

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo kgbooks_zps50fc42eb.jpg

Dangerous Creatures is book one in the Dangerous Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This series is a continuation of the Beautiful Creatures series but centers on Lena’s sister, Ridley Duchannes and Ethan’s best friend, Link Lincoln, the mortal/one quarter Incubus.

If you read the prequel, Dangerous Dream, which I did, you know that Link finally blurted out the words that he had been holding inside, “I Love You, Ridley!” And what did Ridley do, she ran. And of course got
Phrynne
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-books
I remember reading the whole of the Beautiful Creatures series and quite enjoying it, but I never intended reading this spin off series which features Ridley, a character I did not much like in those earlier books. However a Challenge I am doing led me to Dangerous Creatures and it was .........okay I suppose.

If anything I like Ridley even less now. At least in the first book she had some fire in her and she was totally in charge of her life. Now she is a weak, watery mess and that does not work
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Does this one have a fandom that’s going to go buckwild with responses on my review telling me what an idiot I am? If so, that’s cool – I just need to make sure I have some booze handy to add to the entertainment factor.

SOME SPOILAGE ENSUES

You might be asking yourself: “Self, why would a person who gave a 1 Star review to Beautiful Creatures even bother reading Dangerous Creatures?” Well, I’ll tell you why. It’s ‘cause I’m a giver. I
Shahd
One might expect an excellent read of Dangerous Creatures as the book promises the company of our favourite Ridley and Link. And an entertaining Ridley and Link the book does present, but that would be it.
Our main characters and couple, Ridley and Link, were fun, interesting, complex, and offered a dynamic couple as well as they had clear individual voices. They both didn't disappoint with their intriguing-to-explore different personalities and hilarious vivid dialogue. Apart from some forced
Jon
Sep 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
YES, I need more Link and Ridley! I also love the cover :)
Neil (or bleed)
No matter what she says, Lena was meant to be Light. I was meant to be Dark. Respect the teams, people.

I really, really love the Caster Chronicles series so when I found out that there is a spin-off, I can't contain my happiness [OMG! ASDFGHJKL! ] and when I knew that this is about Ridley and Link, my happiness has been doubled [OMG!! ASDFGHJKL!!x2]. Seriously, I did not see that coming.

Basically, Dangerous Creatures is about Ridley and Link and their journey to New York. If you've read
SyaSya Syed Nasir
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-books, dnf
DNF on page 71. I really try my best to like this book. However, the story was too slow and I don't enjoy the main character enough since she has been using and manipulating her boyfriend to get to her own motive. Gonna move on to the next book.

P/S: To those who likes the story, don't feel angry or offended with my review. I'm glad you like it. It just that the book wasn't for me, I guess.
Steven
Wow, what an ending!

Thanks, Netgalley, for providing me with an early copy for review.

Where to begin? It's been a while since I lasted visited Gatlin, about a year, actually. And boy, I didn't realize how much I missed it!

This spinoff series follows the events of the Beautiful Creatures series, and instead of starring Lena and Ethan, it stars supporting characters Ridley and Link. As they travel to New York to start a new life after graduation, Ridley's hiding a few secrets... most importantly,
Liz
Summary

Ridley Duchannes knows she's a bad girl. A siren and a dark caster, but deep down has a heart of gold for her family and friends. However, when she gets losses a card game and cons Wesley "Link" Lincoln to be a new drummer for a Caster Band things really start to become tense. Especially, when the owner of the band and a club, Nox, has a few secrets of his own and it involves Ridley and Link as well.

My Thoughts

Oh Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl where did you go wrong?

Up until the last
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always

Having read all the books in the authors' Caster Chronicles series, I knew that I needed to pick this up to get more from the world that I loved. That being said, it's been three years since I read those books, and I only remember the story in chunks and not as a whole. But even if I didn't remember the details, I did understand all the references in Dangerous Creatures. I recommend reading the Caster Chronicles series before starting this one.

"When it came right down to it, that was what
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Let's get something straight. I'm supposed to be the bad guy. I will always disappoint you. Your parents will hate me. You should not root for me. I am not your role model.
I don't know why everyone seems to forget that. I never do.

This is both an easy and hard book to review. Easy because, of course I loved being back into Ridley, Link, Ethan and Lena's world. Hard because, well, again I did not have time to fully immerse myself into the story. I would get a good bit to read, and I would totally
Jenn
So I'm going to be honest, I wasn't super excited going into this book. I hated Ridley with every fiber of my being when I read the Beautiful Creatures series. And here's a spin-off that focuses entirely on her...yay.

But I didn't hate it. I know, I'm shocked too. But here's the thing. The parts that I liked had nothing to do with Ridley.

So let's talk about this book. Ridley and Link drive off to New York together, but for different reasons. Link wants to find a new band and make music, Ridley
Mizuki
Dec 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: it-is-okay
Wesley "Link" Lincoln and Ridley Duchannes go to New York? Of course I want to read about it! But in the end, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

The first half of the book is great actually, it is nice to see the pair exploring NYC and the Caster club scene, some of the new characters are nice too, Lennox Gate is also an okay-ish character until (view spoiler), and must a love triangle really be necessary damn it!?

What I don't like is the ending part of the
 ■©atherine■
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crap
2 STARS

Rid and Link? The bad-ass couples! Yes Yes Yes! That was my thought before I read the book.

Was I wrong. The characters were so stupid and poorly built that I think I hurt my eyes rolling them too much. The plot was not that good either. I don't even remember how many times I cried out out of frustration.

To be honest, despite the three stars I gave to the prequel series, I don't think I actually liked it. But this one was even worse. The love-triangle was stupid. The Abraham thing was
Shannelle
I really am just so confused over what I feel about Dangerous Creatures.

On the one hand, there’s the fact that Ridley is some badass sexy creature who understands that she can grab attention in every way, who also has to deal with conscience problems that she’s never had until she started dating Link.

And then there’s the fact that the story has me going like this:

I seriously had no idea what was going on, especially at the beginning. I just decided to read it on a total whim, and I have no idea
Ciara
Jan 20, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
You had me at Ridley Duchannes, but then NEW YORK?!

Hell yeah!
Kayla
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved the caster chronicles growing up so I now I decided to pick up the companion series following Ridley and Link's journey and I really liked this book. The book was still dark but very light and fluffy.
Branwen *of House Targaryen*
Let's get something straight: I'm supposed to be the bad guy. I will always disappoint you. Your parents will hate me. You should not root for me. I am not your role model. I don't know why everyone seems to forget that. I never do...

Ridley Duchannes takes center stage in this first book in a new series as she and hybrid Incubus boyfriend Link take off to New York City. Once there they find themselves surrounded by new friends, new enemies, and a scary nemesis from the not so distant past.

I was
Melanie
Sometimes I make stupid decisions and read crappy books even though I knew it was gonna be crappy before I picked it up. 1.5 stars.
Misty
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you were worried that Dangerous creatures wouldn't live up to the original Beautiful creatures series then fear not! Because it is just as good, I was hooked all the way through, and that ending, oh my god that ending!
I've always had a little bit of a nerd crush on Link so I was really excited to hear there would be a new series following him, its actually more about Ridley, who I did like also and I came to really like her in Dangerous creatures. She's so much different to Lena and Link is a
Trisha
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"When does power not feel like pain?"

I enjoyed the partner series to this one. I didn't love all the books but I rooted for the main characters and chuckled at Ridley. She had a good heart, you could see, and it was interesting to see her struggle with her abilities and her need to be dark so Lena could go the way her heart chose.

However, as a character in a book - no. Just no. Ridley is not mysterious and interesting anymore. She's selfish and whiny. It was hard to see any redeeming qualities
Judith
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting and ensnaring this first book in Kami Garcia's and Margaret Stohl`s new series follows Ridley and Link into a dangerous world of magic, deception and dark power. I really enjoyed Beautiful Creatures but this moves at a faster pace and keeps you thrilled to the very last words. The sequel can't come quickly enough!! ...more
Vee
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
a full moon was for making magic.
magic and memories.

2.3

I love the Beautiful Creatures series and hold it dear. The thing is, this book had little reason to exist.

Ridley's character is amazing and it makes up for a lot of this book. But see, I didn't need this. I didn't need to read more about how Ridley is conflicted about her power and love. It was clear already.

I think this book lacked in atmosphere, which is strange considering we had so many Dark Casters in it and magic talk. And I found
Mary
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy for Young A...: Dangerous Creatures (#1) by Kami Gracia → Start Date: December 1st, 2016 24 18 Dec 14, 2016 07:59PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Dangerous Creatures By Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl - Restarting October 21st 2015 48 91 Oct 21, 2015 11:04PM
The Ending (SPOILER) 3 49 Apr 09, 2015 01:58AM
The Names Used in the Flashbacks 1 1 Apr 08, 2015 07:44PM
Ch. Before-9 Discussion 2 6 Mar 04, 2015 08:28AM
Dangerous Creatures March Read-Along 1 1 Mar 03, 2015 02:18PM
YA lovers <3: Dangerous Creatures 5 7 Jul 13, 2014 05:12AM

• Idols (Icons, #2)
  • Desert Tales (Wicked Lovely)
  • In the Time We Lost
  • The Watchers (The Angelus Trilogy, #1)
  • Through the Looking Glass
  • Hedgehugs
  • Book of Shadows (Diary of a Haunting, #3)
  • The Hidden (The Hollow, #3)
  • Don't Stay Up Late (Fear Street Relaunch, #2)
  • He's Watching You (Sweet Valley University Thriller Edition, #2)
  • The House of Death (Sweet Valley University Thriller, #4)
  • The Power of Three (Charmed, #1)
  • 名探偵コナン 42 (Detective Conan #42)
  • 名探偵コナン 40 (Detective Conan #40)
  • 名探偵コナン 38 (Detective Conan #38)
  • 名探偵コナン 44 (Detective Conan #44)
  • 名探偵コナン 39 (Detective Conan #39)
  • 名探偵コナン 45 (Detective Conan #45)
Kami Garcia is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author. She is the coauthor of the BEAUTIFUL CREATURES series, which has been published in 51 countries and 37 languages, with over 10 million copies in print. In 2013, Beautiful Creatures released as a feature film from Warner Brothers. Kami is a cofounder of the YALLFEST kid lit book festival and the author of five solo ...more

Dangerous Creatures (2 books)
  • Dangerous Deception (Dangerous Creatures, #2)
“What can I say? Payback’s a bitch. But here’s the thing: So am I.” 21 likes
“Ridley Duchannes. Is there even one stupid tiny little part of you that loves one stupid tiny little part of me?” 14 likes