Start by marking “Fifty First Times” as Want to Read:
Fifty First Times

Fifty First Times

(Wait for You #1.6 (Believe In Me))

You always remember your first time...

Whether it's the couple who decides not to go through with it, the two boys who finally aren't ashamed, the newlyweds whose wedding night could very well be their last night together, the deaf pair who have no choice but to take body language to a new level--or, of course, the two young lovers fumbling and laughing, getting everything
Published February 25th 2014 by Avon Impulse (first published February 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Fifty First Times, please sign up.
✿ سخىة ✿ It cannot be read alone, you have to get the whole book of "Fifty First Times: A New Adult Anthology" XD…moreIt cannot be read alone, you have to get the whole book of "Fifty First Times: A New Adult Anthology" XD (less)
Undo Me by M.  RobinsonEl Diablo by M.  RobinsonOpposition by Jennifer L. ArmentroutSpin by C.D. ReissUnbeloved by Madeline Sheehan
Coming Soon
572 books — 737 voters
Love Least Expected by Meredith BondForever Friends by Shelagh WatkinsEnd of the Road by Jacques  AntoineGetting Lucky by J.L. BeckThe Adventure of Creation by Holly Lisle
Best Anthologies
795 books — 767 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Fifty First Times
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
♦ Only read Believe in Me by J. Lynn - 4 ★'s

This is a very short story about Ollie and Brittany that we met in the Wait for You series.

Ollie is Cam's roommate and known for his partying and womanizing ways. Brittany is a friend of Avery's and while she's had a crush on Ollie, she's not about to let him treat her like some one night stand.

Things come apart for Ollie when Brittany gives him a good-bye kiss on the cheek when he leaves for grad school. Something about that just drives him crazy
Melissa Landers
Sep 20, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
FYI: I contributed a short story--"Under the Seryn Moon"--to this anthology, and I wanted to tell you a little about it. Here's a one-sentence synopsis: Set on a desolate colony planet, 18-year-old Lyra is bargained away by her father during peace treaty negotiations and exiled to an unfamiliar land, where she is handfasted to her enemy's son.

I thought it would be a fun challenge to write about a "first time" in an arranged marriage, specifically if the couple were total strangers going into
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!
(BR with Sharon)

photo 982dc868-3c4b-4995-80b4-147ea2c8d6f6.jpg

photo 9c42afd3-bf0d-4087-bfef-22cfd74c1237.jpg

Oliver Ryan aka Ollie/Senor Fucktard ;)) and Brittany Simmons aka Brit have been friends throughout college. Their best friends Cam & Avery are dating, so they are around each other quite a bit. Ollie is known as a man whore/ladies man, and can seem to have any girl he wants, except Brit. They flirts and trade insults & snappy comebacks, but it never goes any further. Ollie has lusted after Brit for as long as he can remember, but she continues to resist his
Mysza
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
**** 4,5 **** stars

I have only read "Believe In Me" by J. Lynn and this is the one I am reviewing. I really love J. Lynn's writing style and this one doesn't disappoint becuase although very short it's as good as the previous 3 books in Wait For You series. We get to catch up a little bit with Ollie "Senor Fucktard" (God, I love this nickname) and Britt, that were introduced in the ones mentioned above. So, Ollie comes back for a weekend from med school to visit his friends, and one friend
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Believe in Me by J. Lynn - 3.5*

To be honest, I think Ollie and Brit could (and should) have had a full novella. A book would have made it too dramatic, but some more chapters would have made it much better and less abrupt.

Crash by Sophie Jordan - 3.5*

I felt like that was the introduction to a story rather than the real thing. Where is the rest of it? What happens to Hunter and Brooke? Does he go to Boston? Does she get over her Not Good Enough complex? DO THEY OR DON'T THEY? This could have
Luke
Sep 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Make sure you have read the stories before reading my review)
Note: I will write separate reviews for each story, with their own ratings, and the general rating for this anthology reflects on the ratings of the books. (And don't mind some of the awkward plot summaries: I try to make them sound interesting, and I try to not give much away.) Plus, I'm reading the stories out of orderwhatever takes my fancy at the time.

Highlights (to me): Believe in Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout (writing as J.
Lala
Nov 18, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: anthonlogies
2/25/14
I'm adding this simply for J. Lynn's story, Believe in Me, about Ollie and Brittany. I'm really hoping its a prelude to Stay With Me which is book 3 in the Wait For You series and is Brittany's book. I will be severely disappointed if those two do not end up together!

I do love Lyla Payne's Whitman University series, too.
Linda
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Im marking this as read, even though Ive not read all of them yet. The reason for this is that I found that short stories apparently arent really my thing. Unless its like a bonus scene or something from another series or book that Ive previously read (thankfully there are a few of thos in there). They are way to short to really get into the story, and just when I feel like Im getting into it, its over. But thats short stories for you, I guess. Ill update this review again as I read more of the ...more
Amber
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's hard to review a book as a whole when it's made up of a bunch of short stories. Some of which I really loved, most of which I liked, and some I didn't like at all. So in all I'd give it 3 1/2 stars, but I'll break them down individually for my review. This will probably be a long one.

Let's start with the ones I really loved. These would be my 5 stars. A Little Too Scarred by Lisa Desrochers was awesome. The first story I loved in this book about a girl who was wounded pretty bad in the
C.K.
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy that Britt and Ollie got a story. I like that there wasn't really any drama in the story. It really was a short sweet drama free story. I just wish it was a little bit longer. I was happy that it was told from Ollie's pov because I was expecting it to be in Britt's pov. The story is featured in the Anthology Fifty First Times. There are some other good stories in the anthology as well.

Merged review:

Fifty First Times Anthology is on sale for $1.99 idk how long it will be on sale
Melissa
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I did NOT finish this book. I read the first two stories completely, but didn't liked them... If I would have to rate them, I'd give them both less than 3 stars...

The reason why I started this book though, is because of the story 'Believe In Me' by J. Lynn.
I read this one completely and LOVED it!!
I wrote a mini review about Believe Me:

I may read the other ones in the future, but not right now.I recently found out about this short story. It's been published in Fifty First Times: A New Adult
monica ♪
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**Note: I only read How to Be a Heart Breaker by Lauren Layne, so the rating is only for that one story**
tbh I have no idea who the rest of the authors are lol

How to Be a Heart Breaker is a super cute and sweet story. It makes me grin from ear to ear!!
description

This. THIS IS the story I want to read from LL!
Interesting story, good plot, great characters, good banters, funny, cute, and sweet all at the same time.
description

All LL books that are released in 2016 really lack of the awesome LL style. I miss the old
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Mar 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, na
Read only J. Lynn's story and two more...

Britanny and Ollie were nice. You really can't say something more for such a short story. I was actually happy that they didn't get a full length book. I was never all that interested in Brit. I'm way more intrigued by Calla.

The other two stories...I don't even remember their names. Nough said...

Laurycardona
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could have more of Ollie and Brit! 'cause it was f*ING perfect.
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Writing romantic short stories is a tricky business. More often than not, the lack of pages means a bad case of insta-love or so little character background and development that we don't form any attachment to the relationship. However, if authors somehow find that sweet spot, they can become some of my favorite stories. Now the lack of pages means less drama and angst and a more hefty percentage devoted to swoon. It's pure fangirl service. You know those scenes in books that you read over and ...more
Stephanie
I read this story because it was part of the Fifty First Times" anthology. I was totally ok. I like it and I kind of want to read more about this couple.

Merged review:

Overall: 4.5 stars

I like all the stories, but obviously I love ones more than others. They were sweet, hot and passionate, and I wish to read more about them but my wish will not be real. Thats why they are short stories. I recommend the whole book, not just some stories. Please read it all.
Nancy The book junkie
Loved it!! I shouldn't be surprised since i'm still waiting to find a book from J. Lynn i didn't liked but this short story about Ollie and Britt was really sweet. It was nice to see what's going on behind all that playful banter.....and discovering that other side of Ollie makes me hope he would have a whole book for himself!
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Jan 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
I honestly only read Ollie and Britt's story. It was cute and sweet and a little too short. Hence, three stars. Maybe I'll go back someday and read all of it, but not today.
Sanzida Islam
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read only Ollie and Brittany's story. I loved Ollie!
Erika Leighton
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it

4 - 4.5 Stars!

I don't usually rate anthologies for the simple reason being: it's all from different authors making it all different writing types. But this.. this was absolutely amazing!
Completely beautiful, heartwarming, and emotional. I definitely shed a couple of happy tears while reading these stories. It became so consuming and a guilty pleasure.
Reading each individual story put me in the characters shoes and that in its self is why I loved this anthology so damn much.

Some of my favorite
Livia
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of new adult romance novellas
I'm only rating the two novellas that I've read thus far. Both were 5 wonderful stars for me which is why I keep rereading them!
***
This was my 2nd or third time reading Believe in Me by J. Lynn in this anthology. It features Brit and Ollie who are part of the Wait for You series. I loved the cameo appearances both had in the previous WFY series, and I loved how direct and honest these two were when they finally decided to test the waters with each other. No more flirtatious beating around the
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won a contest and had been wanting this book for a while, so I asked to have this one as part of my prize.
I'm so glad I did.
I was very intrigued by a book full of short stories about fifty first times. Of course I thought it would be all about sex, but it's not. It is about romance, so if you're not looking for that kind of anthology, I would pass on this one. I was also excited to see so many names of authors I knew I loved: Sophie Jordan, Julie Cross, J. Lynn, Melissa West, Melissa Landers.
Alexandra
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I have never been more mad at an author's decision, Ollie & Brit deserved a freaking book! Regardless, I enjoyed this short story to the moon and back, I was grinning like an idiot.
Just reading from Ollie's point of view was one of the best experiences ever.

"Maybe I needed to buy her a turtle. That seemed to have worked for Cam."

And isn't he a charmer?

"You're as beautiful as any queen."

I'm so in love with these two, Ollie is fucking perfect & Brit is so smart & witty, I
Anne
I should have paid attention to a few of my other GR friends who said this anthology lacked editing & was a let down. That, paired with a recent discussion I had with some friends about simply stepping away from an unsatisfying book, should have saved me from slogging my way through this. I put it on my TBR list to begin with bc I really liked a handful of the authors & was excited to see what they could do in the space of a short story. Unfortunately, I kept reading thinking the next ...more
Rose
Mar 03, 2014 marked it as on-hold
What tipped me into buying this was the fact that Hannah Moskowitz had a story in here as well as name recognition of many of the authors in this. Here's to hoping the experience goes well. *crosses fingers*
Haidoulina
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Only read Believe in Me by J.Lynn... Review and rate only for that...

It was fast and funny... Oooh Ollie you made me laugh a lot in this really sort story... We see how his relationship with Britt started...
Nienke Sewell
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
only read believe in me from j lynn
Ave Binks
Sep 20, 2013 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
*SIGH*, yet another book I want badly but I will not be able to read b/c it'll only be available in ebook.
Hazel
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars for Ollie and Brit...
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
I don't know how she does it, but I love all of her characters and the relationships they are building. Seriously, I cannot wait for the next book.
need of the hour. 1 18 Jan 10, 2014 10:07PM
need of the hour. 1 6 Jan 10, 2014 10:07PM
need of the hour. 1 5 Jan 10, 2014 10:07PM

• The Proposal (Wait for You, #2.5)
  • Dream of You (Wait for You, #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #21)
  • Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
  • Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)
  • Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3)
  • Scorched (Frigid, #2)
  • Adrenaline (Fall Away, #4.75)
  • Wild (The Ivy Chronicles, #3)
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • The King (A Wicked Trilogy #3.6)
  • Fluff
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
Julie Cross is a NYT and USA Today bestselling author of New Adult and Young Adult fiction, including the Tempest series, a young adult science fiction trilogy which includes Tempest, Vortex, Timestorm (St. Martin's Press). She's also the author of Letters to Nowhere series, Whatever Life Throws at You, Third Degree, Halfway Perfect, and many more to come!

Julie lives in Central Illinois with her

Wait for You (6 books)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
  • Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)

News & Interviews

“So this is what it’s like to have so much desire for something it clouds all fear and embarrassment.” 4 likes
“We're a symphony--our limbs and lips and skin making up the instruments, working together to create a beautiful piece of music.” 1 likes