Start by marking “Lost City (Tales of Lentari, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost City (Tales of Lentari, #1)

Lost City

(Tales of Lentari #1)

When a young dwarf child is accidentally chosen to participate in a challenging quest, three warriors - and a scholar - join together to track down a long lost piece of dwarven history!

Coming face-to-face with the rarest wildlife Lentari has to offer, soaring high through the clouds in the clutches of the dragons, and trying to solve the most cryptic scavenger hunt anyone
Paperback, First, 297 pages
Published September 1st 2013 by Hungry Griffin Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lost City, please sign up.
Chris Mind-numbing and amazingly stupid writing.

Teresa Bateman
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Something strange is happening to Lukas's back. It doesn't hurt, but deserves a second look. That look reveals that a quest is in store for him, other dwarf family members and friends, and a wizard. It all has to do with the lost magical city of Nar. Is this the chance to finally locate the legend? Dwarfs aren't great hikers, but they willingly head above ground in search of adventure. Spells that go awry, nosy yet helpful dragons, magical creatures, danger, and treachery all play a part in this ...more
Christian Nikitas
Bryan
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first fantasy book I've read in twenty years. I'm testing the waters so to speak, in anticipation of starting a huge epic fantasy series (Robert Jordan). This was a very enjoyable story. A dwarf quest for lost city. The author Jeffery M. Poole, has a good sense of humor which he mixes with adventure. The descriptions and dialogue were very well done. A great re-introduction into fantasy books. I read this book on a Nook.
Kristen
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it

I read this out of curiosity. This is actually a great book for kids. It's not violent and it's simple, but full of adventures. Yes there are fights, but it's not detailed or gory.

This is about a group of dwarves who discover a mysterious tattoo or a mark as they call it on a young dwarf. They don't know how he got it, but they figure out that it's a clue to the lost city of Nar. They decide to go on a quest to find it using the mark on the young dwarf.

It's a fun simple story full of dragons, in
Tracey Bruyette-pratt
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jeffrey M. Poole seems to have a knack for writing visual stories. From the first page to the last he captures the imagination. It's a rare thing to find an author who is as consistently interesting. I find myself talking about him and his work, to my friends and sometimes strangers, quite often. This is a must read for any fantasy fan!
Bill Tillman
A fantastic tween or young adult ebook or in my case kindle. A quest begins when a young dwarf attends a conference with his father. A strange mark appears on his back which turns out to be a Quest map. Thus begins a trek to the far corners of Lentari for five dwarves and a stalwart dragon in search of a mysterious "Power Hammer"and the lost city of Nar.
Julie Powell
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good well-written fantasy filled with action and adventure. The map idea was cleverly done.

The characters are interesting and well-developed and fit nicely into the plot.

Good descriptions and sense of place...believable world.

Worth a look.
Michelle Thexton
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read the next one, really engrossing
Ramon Angel Quinones
Great fantasy story

usually not a fantasy fan but this book was actually really good,the characters and plot all seem to just fit together an all around good book
Suzanne Price
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It grabbed my attention from the start and I found the story easy to read and it flowed well.
Great for both adults and children!
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
great book for kids/tweens! and perfectly readable for everyone else too.
Michael Wood
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Good Sword and Sorcery Quest Tale With Dragons

I really enjoyed Poole's "Lost City" tale. It starts as a Quest (with a capital Q) delivered to a young dwarf, son of a dwarf blacksmith, by mistake. The Quest was intended for another, but seems to have been sent to the wrong ethereal address...The Quest leads a small band, mostly relatives of the young dwarf, from place to place as they follow clues to assemble the parts of a lost artifact, which in turn, leads them to a millennia-lost city hi
James Groenestein
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, action, kindle
Although it took me longer than it should to read, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Who knew they were so close to discovering the legendary city of Nar.....

Dwarves trading with dragons and humans, a quest given to a young dwarf by accident....or was it....

Fantastic descriptions and plot by the author; I was swept in to a world of metal, stone and forest with a dragon or 2 thrown in for good measure too.

Looking forward to book 2 of the series
Diane
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-challenge
Loved the opportunity to return to Lentari! The dwarfs of one clan are challenged to go on a quest without knowing what it is. The five that end up going on the quest have many adventures on the way to fulfilling it. Loved the different characters and how they interacted with each other.

Love this author!
Fiona
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sheffield, fantasy
This is a sweet little read. Fantasy from the dwarven perspective. Lots of interesting characters- the sequel has lots of potential.

A fair chunk of the travel destinations are outlined pretty far in advance and the journeys themselves seem a touch too easy to be exciting a lot of the time, but it’s still a fun plot and has some really good moments.
meredith
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Lots of adventure. Good plot. Recommend for young teens. Easy reading difficult to put down. Give it a high five.
Erika
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick review as I’m playing catch-up on a few books I’ve read.
I read this with my 11 year old daughter and we are both LOVING the series!
Matt
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful and thoroughly entertaining read. Filled with humor in a well crafted story arc.
mary-kay richardson
Good book!!!

This is a good all age book! Only saw a few mis - spellings . good storyline.!! Makes me want to read more!
Craig Jr.
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is a fun adventure where a young boy has some sort of tattoo, but it's actual a map to a lost world. A small group of people go on an adventure, and it's non-stop fun from there. I wish it didn't move around the characters so much so we could get deeper into each individual, but otherwise, a fun, clean adventure that promises to be the beginning of a fantastic series. The narration was well done as well.
Bob
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm rating this book as if I was 10-13.

A solid writing effort combined with good editing made this book an easy and enjoyable read.

Lucas, a young dwarf, is found to have a quest map on his back. The Council decides he must go on the quest but he will be accompanied by a number of adults. This is where the book tripped me up. I thought it was going to be a "coming of age story", but it wasn't. Lucas made some good observations to help the group on the quest, but mostly he was just a walking map.

L
Lenita Sheridan
A Wonderful Story

This book has a beautiful cover and a wonderful story. The author has a good sense of humor and this sets the tone for the book. I liked the idea of a sentient tree; it was very imaginative. The descriptions and dialogue were good, though I couldn't always tell who was talking. The author was very creative in the way he had the two headed dragon talk to itself from its two different heads. That was definitely funny. There are all sorts of other funny parts in the book. I did fin
Joe
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read as part of the "Quest" anthology.

While this was not a complex or deep book it was fun to read and I intend to read more in the series. It is a fairly straightforward fantasy adventure and a bit predictable in places, but a good solid read.

As with all indie books I read I do pay attention to the editing and proofreading. While there were several errors in the book it was better than most indie works I have read lately. Most of the errors were things like missing articles (a, the, etc...). Th
Birgit
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved it! Dwarves as main characters, and dragons, and a quest for a long lost city, add to that witty dialogues and a lot of humour, and you have something you'll find it hard to put down and stop reading.
Although I had the impression it was more targeted for much younger readers, I as an adult thoroughly enjoyed this story and would not mind reading more of this author, or in this series.
Lorac625
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a book to be read again and again

I'm unabashedly a big fan of Jeffrey Poole and Lentari,and I am so glad he has expanded his books to more than R'Tal. Not that the Bakkian books aren't fabulous, but I knew the dwarves and dragons had TONS of great stories just waiting to be told. This book proves that -as usual!- I was correct. ;)
Bill Tillman
Lost City, I will take five Dwarfs with a Dragon on the side!

What a fun quest, the Lost City of Nar An adventure taking the questor's to the four corners of Lentari. A tale full of twists and turns, with enough clues for the most diehard of mystery buffs. Five stars for mid-grade and YA readers.
Phyllis Griffiths
This book is a true "page-turner". For those who do not know what that means it is a book that is so good that you cannot help but to turn the page and keep reading. The characters are enjoyable, the quest interesting and that there are friendly dragon folk involved doesn't hurt a bit.
Brewergnome
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it
It wasn't bad. It wasn't awesome, either. It's a little like a railroaded tabletop roleplaying game, and has the flaws therein.
Tonileg
Mar 21, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle, fantasy, childrens
Epic fantasy story about dwarves looking for a lost city like Atlantis in order to find riches and magic that will bring them renown.

Chris
Apr 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have to conclude that the positive reviews are from friends of the author who did not bother to read it. Even if all of the grammitical, language, and vocabulary mistakes were fixed, this still would be a mind-numbingly moronic story. There is no tension, no rhyme or reason for virtually any of the plot elements, and the characters are wildly inconsistent. Often, actions or statements made by characters are in direct logical conflict with previous story elements. Further, it seems that the cha ...more

• The God Decrees (Devan Chronicles, #1)
  • Reversion: The Inevitable Horror (The Portal Arcane Series, #1)
  • The Fallen Angle (The Harbinger of Doom Saga, #2)
  • Defender (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Fire & Ice (Icefire Trilogy #1)
  • Flaming Dove
  • Crown of Ash (Blood Skies, #4)
  • Draykon (Draykon, #1)
  • Throne of Vengeance (Delver Magic, #2)
  • Moon Mask
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • Raygun Chronicles: Space Opera For a New Age
  • Guardian's Rise (The Sons of Masguard, #2)
  • Legacy (The Mystic Saga, #2)
  • Mark of the Dragon Queen
  • Protector of the Grove (The Bowl of Souls, #7 / Jharro Grove Saga, #2)
  • Wrath of the Royals (The Darkslayer, #1)
  • The Dragondain (Moon Realm, #2)
Jeffrey M. Poole is a professional writer living in sunny Phoenix, Arizona, with his wife Giliane and their dog Kinsey the corgi. He is the best-selling author of the fantasy series Bakkian Chronicles, Tales of Lentari, and the Corgi Case Files cozy mystery series. He is presently working on his seventh mystery novel and his twelfth fantasy novel.

Jeffrey’s interests include astronomy, archaeology,

Tales of Lentari (6 books)
  • Something Wyverian This Way Comes (Tales of Lentari #2)
  • A Portal for Your Thoughts (Tales of Lentari #3)
  • Thoughts for a Portal (Tales of Lentari #4)
  • Wizard in the Woods (Tales of Lentari #5)
  • Close Encounters of the Magical Kind (Tales of Lentari #6)