Start by marking “In Your Corner (Redemption, #2)” as Want to Read:
In Your Corner (Redemption, #2)

In Your Corner

(Redemption #2)

He rules in the ring

Two years ago, Jake and Amanda were going hot and heavy. But when Jake wanted more, Amanda walked away. Jake immersed himself in mixed martial arts, living life on the edge. But that didn't dull the pain of Amanda's rejection-until a chance encounter throws them together.

A high-powered lawyer, Amanda was a no-strings-attached kind of girl. But two years
Published July 1st 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about In Your Corner, please sign up.
Erica I'm a bit late answering this, but I recently bought this at a booksale not realizing that there was a first book.

It did reference some past events…more

It did reference some past events which made me think that I should check for a first book. But other than that, it was fine to read as a standalone for me :) (less)

Duchess Nicole
"I want you to want me until you ache," he rasps. "I want you to need me with every breath in your body. I want to turn around and know I will always see you in my corner. I want you to want me the way I want you. Body, heart, and soul."

I sure had some mixed emotions about reading Amanda's book. I felt like she did quite the number on good ole Jake during the first book. I'm not much for promiscuous heroines so she was already somewhat black listed.

However, after getting her back story, I think
Snow
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha, fighters, romance
Ok, here we go!

"...I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
and he's gotta be fresh from the fight..."

as Bonnie Tyler would sing...and she wouldn't be wrong...if put in the context of this storyline!

this book had everything in it - what a mash up but it was working for me...

And by the end of it, I got this urge to enroll the MMA course LOL

funny
“I’m talking fight talk. Don’t I have the words right? Submission, master, ground
Kara
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
description

This is book 2 in the Redemption series. I like this series a lot.
The book started off (view spoiler) I love that.

Jake and Amanda were great! loved the character development.

"I want to be your everything.
he rasps. "I want all of you, baby. When I make you mine, really mine, there will be no part of you my lips, my hands, my cock won't touch, no desire you have that I will not fill..."

That's ho
Syndi
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Kinky. Very kinky. Thats what i think about this book. As expected there is not much character development. Just animal lust between jake and amanda. The kinky is good. Very alluring and sexy.

But i wish there is more into the story to heighten the pleasure. More character development will be nice. The chemistry
between the characters are not that depth.

3 butterfly stars.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

In the second book of the Redemption series, In Your Corner, author Sarah Castille ramps it up a notch as returning characters Amanda and Jake are brought together again two years after a messy break-up. This book was better than its predecessor in that that their problems were intricate; there were some real reasons of why they had issues. Both Amanda and Jake have baggage that makes it diffi
Rachaelthebiliophile
Nov 04, 2018 marked it as overlypfriendlyh
Since I don't own brain bleach I won't be touching this one at all......in book1 Amanda called a pause to her relationship with Jake and goes out on the prowl fully expecting that he'd come around to her way of thinking. She hooks up with the good doctor.Even after a confrontation with Jake where he tells her he thought they meant more to each other and she's all tearful........ she still continued hooking up with the doc even Knowing that he wanted Mac and has the audacity to ask Mac if she was ...more
✿kawehi.reviews
Gosh, I want this already!!
Expected publication: July 1st 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You have to go. I won't be able to control myself. I've wanted you so bad for so long and after I've been in the cage...I can't think straight." He gives a guttural groan and his fist clenches on my hip.

Primitive. Primal. His need speaks to me. I tighten my grip on his neck and rock up to kiss him. He takes over. His kiss is hard and demanding.

"Mine." His voice is raw, savage and for a moment I truly believe
Sheryl C. Nash
LOVE IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!!!! I thought Max was my favourite fighter, but after reading this, I take that back!!! OMG, Jake was such an ALPHA... *SWOON* ... and that piercing... *YOWZA*!!!!! Since I have been left speechless and unable to formulate proper sentences because of that, I shall leave y'all with this; ME... WANT... JAKE... NOW!!!!

Will write my proper review soon, but I just wanted to say, as usual you have KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE BALLPARK for me Sarah Castille!!! 5 BRILLIANT, DOMINAN
Carmen Rae
I have been meaning to post my review for this for ages but when I went to do it today I realised it was in my lost kobo :(

So I can't really come up with much other than the fact it was smoking hot with loads of dirty talk and a sexy MMA fighter.

Figure I don't really need to say much more than that but it is a shame I didn't get to use any of my sexy fighter pics. Guess I will save them for my review of Full Contact which you can catch on the blog tour by clicking RIGHT HERE
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for review

They were together. They broke up. They got back together and then broke up. They...you get the picture. When they were together, it was HAWT. He did what to his package? I'm sorry I had to stop reading and google it. OH MY GOODNESS. This book was good but not as good as Torment and Doc. Now whose do I want her to write next: Fuzzy, Shilla, Ray, Penny, Doctor Death, Sandy. So many choices.....
scribes23
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it

Sarah! Sarah! Sarah! you certainly knows how to make the perfect alphas! Sexy and Sweet at the same time. I'm having a hard time, choosing between Max and Jake!

I can't wait for the next one!

Max or Jake guys!
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

In Your Corner (Redemption, #2) by Sarah Castille

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 4,5 stars

Review:

In Your Corner is the perfect second book for the Redemption series. As Redemption fans may know, Jake and Amanda had a lot of potential, chemistry and problems in the first book of
D.C.
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG...GREAT BOOK!

Contemporary Erotic Romance
FIVE Stars
Release Date: 07/01/14

ABOUT THE BOOK:

"Mine." His voice is raw, savage and for a moment I truly bel
Emily McGee
I don't think I can fully explain how excited I was to read this book. I read and reviewed the first book in this series almost a year ago, and from the first few pages I way dying for Amanda and Jake's story. Little did I know it was going to be a long and torturous story. I was expecting a flashback prelude of a story, but no. Sarah Castille had to go break my heart in Against the Ropes and break them up. Flash forward to In Your Corner. These two have had their share of heartbreak. In part to ...more
Heather andrews
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This one takes the cake out of all of Sarah's books I loved this one the most! Even after years of being apart Jake is protective of Amanda, "Jake's shoulders stiffen. "Private? Everyone in the hallway could hear you," he spits out. "Not only that, but she's hurt. Is this really the best time for a verbal assault?" Sometimes I don't think Amanda realizes she's pushing a caged tiger ready to pound upon being released, "he growls deep in his throat. "You started pushing when you walked into the gy ...more
Jessica
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was ok

All the guys talk like they walked off the stage of a Kristen Ashley novel.
All the fighter people had names like they walked off the stage of a JR Ward novel (but with fewer h's).
All the villains acted like they'd been hired from Mustache-Twirlers-R-Us.
The heroine seemed to be modeled after season 5 Buffy (will she, won't she, do I even care anymore?).
I don't even know what was up with the hero.

Even with the really repetitive blocks of text explaining their respective back-stories t
Jenna Howard
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic-romance
So I got to read an ARC of In Your Corner. I stroked the sexy cover and made a purring sound because...I had an ARC in my hand.

And it was awesome.

I loved Amanda and Jake. I loved the tension between them. I loved the conflict. I loved the sexy fun times. Watching Amanda struggle to find her way was what made this book for me. There was something so vulnerable about her.

I cried a few times. I laughed a few times. And I am totally smitten with PI Ray. Totally book crushing on Ray. Yes, yes, Jake i
Dabney
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book bored me to tears and yet I suspect it's a sexy contemp that would appeal to many. If you like hot pierced heroes who love strong willed sexually demanding heroines and don't mind a paper thin plot and interchangeable secondary characters, you will like this book. I didn't but this really is a a case where I don't think most contemp readers will share my perspective.
Blackvo
This one is absolutely one of my favorite. I love it, i really like it THAT much. Got no time to write full review, maybe latter.
JL
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, 2016-reads
review to follow...
~Dawn~TUG
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one..mmmmmmmm..pierced and fierce..my fav!
Bette Hansen
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A whole lot of steam but not much story.
The Romance Evangelist
A copy of this book was provided by the publisher for an honest review at The Romance Evangelist.

This review may contain spoilers for On The Ropes, book 1 in the Redemption series. You should be able to read In Your Corner as a standalone book.

ON THE ROPES was one of the first Mixed Martial Arts themed romances I read back in 2013, and it’s still one of the best. So I was excited to learn that there would be additional books featuring other characters in the world of Redemption. IN YOUR CORNER p
Monica Cardoza
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There’re several things that stood out from this story but there was something that Makayla said towards the end of this story, don’t let your past define you. That is something that Amanda needs to do in order for her to have her happily ever after just like her bestfriend.

I was so excited when I found out the next book in the Redemption Series was going to be about Amanda and Jake. The relationship that they had in Torment and Makayla’s book was hot and Oh My God it was hotter in their book.
RoloPoloBookBlog
In Your Corner by Sarah Castille
Book #2: Redemption Series
Source: Netgalley
Rating: 5/5 stars

With the market currently flooded with MMA fighter novels and me being a relatively picky reader, it takes something above and beyond to keep me reading this type of novel these days. Oh, and I am a big fan of MMA so I get kind of twitchy when it’s not done right. Sarah Castille has done it right and then some

Amanda is a junior associate in a high-powered and powerful law firm and she is absolutely on tr
April Hollingworth
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review Courtesy of April Hollingworth

This is the second book in the Redemption series. Each book can be read as a standalone, but they are so good I’d recommend reading them all. I have to say I loved this novel. Sarah Castille brings you back to club Redemption, but this time its two years later and things have changed. Redemption is now a sanctioned fight club, and Amanda and Jake have not been back to the club in the two years since they split up with each other. But all that changes when the
Monica

5 Stars!!!

I loved this book. I was pulled into the tangled web of the story in the first chapter. Amanda was so set in her ways but so strong. Jake was a hottie from the word GO. I loved his character and someone needed to stay strong for the both of them.

The emotional roller coaster was full of ups, downs, twists and hairpin turns. I was so tense one moment and laughing out loud in the next paragraph. This book is ANGSTY! I have a hard time when these female characters cannot see a good man in
Romancing the Book
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Nadene R.
Book provided by NetGalley for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I was first introduced to Amanda Westwood and Jake Donovan in Against the Ropes. I was not impressed with Amanda at that stage and as such when it came time for me to read her story I must admit I began this story with a preconceived notion. Initially I thought Amanda was selfish and superficial, even so, as the story moved on my initial assessment changed. It became obvious why Amanda behaved
Miranda Whore
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review for In Your Corner by Sarah Castille

In Your Corner is the second book in this series… While you don’t really have to read Against the Ropes first, I would suggest it because it’s an amazing read and you get to see how Amanda and Jake meet. Not to mention how they end up apart.

In Your Corner is how those two rekindle the flames that sputtered out and ohmigee do they ever rekindle.

“I want to fuck you,” he growls. “I want to push you onto the mat, rip off your clothes, and bury myself so dee
  • Winning Love (Love to the Extreme, #3)
  • Against the Cage (Worth the Fight, #1)
  • Behind the Scandal (Reluctance, #2)
  • Knock Out (Worth the Fight, #1)
  • Hard Ride #1: A Novel in Three Parts (Ready to Ride #4a)
  • Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter, #2)
  • Fight For Me
  • Redemption (Defiance #2)
  • Keep Me Closer (Dangerous Tides, #2)
  • Forever Consumed (Consumed, #3)
  • Knock Out (Billionaire's Club: New Orleans, #1)
  • Fighting the Fall (Fighting, #4)
  • In the Mix (The GEG, #2)
  • Making Him Sweat (Wilinski's, #1) (Harlequin Blaze #740)
  • Branded (The Cavanaugh Brothers, #1)
  • Chains of Darkness (Men in Chains, #2)
  • Captured in Croatia
  • My Hunger (Inside Out, #3.4)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, Sarah Castille, writes contemporary erotic romance and romantic suspense featuring blazingly hot alpha heroes and the women who tame them. A recovering lawyer and caffeine addict, she worked and traveled abroad before trading her briefcase and stilettos for a handful of magic beans and a home near the Canadian Rockies.

Redemption (5 books)
  • Against the Ropes (Redemption, #1)
  • Full Contact (Redemption, #3)
  • Fighting Attraction (Redemption, #4)
  • Strong Hold (Redemption, #5)