Start by marking “Frisky Business” as Want to Read:
Frisky Business

Frisky Business

Marley Cartman is fed up with arrogant rich guys who treat her like garbage, so she vows to only date men with modest paychecks and a little dirt under their nails.

Her new boss, William Barclay, is exactly the kind of man she's trying to avoid: an eccentric millionaire with duct shape shoes and an unexplained vendetta against her.

But as Will and Marley butt heads over gr
Published May 6th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Frisky Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frisky Business

Start your review of Frisky Business
OLT
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This story is chock-full of sophomoric sexual innuendo and inappropriate jokes. And...I found myself chuckling at quite a few of them. So what does that say about me? Yep, I'm officially a dirty old woman. Next thing you know, some years down the line, I'll be squeezing the tush of that cute FedEx guy when he delivers my new state-of-the-art walker. Although the characters of this romance have a few emotional issues, it's mostly an easy-breezy, light and fluffy little story. Fun to read for esca ...more
Linda Grimes
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The perfect combination of laughter and lust!

Hot? (Fans self.) Check.
Funny? (Still laughing.) Check.
Characters I loved hanging with during my precious reading time? Check!

You can always count on Fenske for a fun read, and Frisky Business is no exception--best mental vacation I've had in a long time. My recommendation? Grab your favorite beverage, kick back, and enjoy the escape!
Book Gannet
This was my least favourite Tawna Fenske read to date.

Apparently I have strong loyalty issues, because I couldn't get over the fact that Will's sister stole his wife and everyone was still friends. It wasn't just that Will and April divorced and then she married his sister, it was that they had an affair while Will and April were still married, and everyone's great pals. The way his sister constantly made jokes about it didn't help - it felt really off to me.

The innuendo was too much. This is
Steph
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Laughing has never been so sexy in FRISKY BUSINESS, the newest book by the very funny Tawna Fenske. You'll not only find characters you'll want to be BFF's with, but you'll also learn more than you ever thought possible about the mating habits of wild animals (including humans)!

A chance meeting between Marley Cartman, the new development coordinator for a prestigious philanthropic organization, and Will Barklay, an animal shelter volunteer, ends with heated kisses and both of them wanting more.
Blessie (Mischievous Reads)
Review from: http://mischievousreads.blogspot.com/

WARNING: Reading this book while sipping tea/hot chocolate or anything liquid anywhere is unadvised.

This book almost made me spit out my hot chocolate while in bed but it surely helped in burning my tongue because this book is funny as hell. And for that, I give Ms. Fenske FIVE STARS for burning my tongue, Yup.

In this beautiful piece of hilariousness, we meet Marley Cartman, ready to move on from her previous relationship by getting away to Ben
Margaret Devaux
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
A really cute,fun,comical read. I enjoyed it and would recommend reading this if you want a few good guffaws!
Julie
May 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starting over can be challenging for anyone. For Marley Cartman – a move to a new town is the perfect opportunity to leave behind a former fiancé and start a new job. Determined have better prospects in the romance department, Marley has vowed to only date men who are blue collar workers. This new line of thinking is driving Marley’s decisions to turn away from all prospects with monetary means.

Working with donors at the wildlife sanctuary, Marley knows the value of a dollar. While visiting the
The Book Worm
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found Frisky Business absolutely delicious. I have no idea why I left it for so long in my to-read list.
The plot flows wonderfully, most of the dialogs will make you smile, if not laugh out loud, and all the characters are amazing in their own quirky way. Of the two main characters, Will is definitely my favorite, but Marley is a close second, and all the others are great too.
I found the happily ever after a bit rushed - or maybe I was just not ready for the book to end. But as romance novels
Jackie
Book Info
Expected publication: May 6th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN 1402293151 (ISBN13: 9781402293153)
edition language English
other editions
None found
Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links
Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Her new boss, William Barclay, is exactly the kind of ma
Jac (For Love and Books)
May 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I’ve been on a contemporary romance kick lately (and have had MAJOR puppy-fever), so when I saw Frisky Business on Netgalley? I couldn’t help but request it! A light hearted romance with a puppy? It’s sure to be a win, right?

Light Hearted is exactly what I got – Marley has just left a bad relationship and is now looking for the exact opposite of her normal type (rich and successful) and Will is skeptical of everyone he meets. (But who could blame him, his ex-wife leaving him for his sister and a
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
*ARC Courtesy of Netgalley*

This author's books should seriously come with a disclaimer that reads "Please do not attempt to read this book should you be eating or drinking as choking can and will occur....Also do not attempt to read this book at night, while your significant other is trying to sleep as this will lead to lots of grumpiness from said other as you laugh your ass off"

Tawna Fenske is hands down one of the funniest authors I have ever come across. I want to be this women's BFF....she
Sharon Redfern
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was a hoot to read. Marley Cartman has left her life in Portland to move to Bend and become the Development Director of a wildlife sanctuary. She drops off some materials at the Humane Society and ends up adopting a dog and meeting the quirky but attractive Will. Marley and Will meet up again when he delivers kibble and things get hot and heavy. Imagine her surprise when she starts working and finds out Will is the heard of the Board at her new job and fraternizing is a big no-no. Marl ...more
Ashley Hampton
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Frisky Business is a must read, if you are looking for a funny, entertaining story that will keep you laughing, grinning like an idiot, and rooting for Marley to finally have a good date!

I absolutely adored this book and now want to read all of the other books by Tawna. Her writing style is easy to read, fun, and allows for this to be an easy world to step into. From the sexual innuendos to the funny storylines (sorry, no spoilers here) to Marley's desire to want to find a guy that meets all of
Kimberly
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

This is a delightful humorous story which I enjoyed very much. I was chuckling/smiling before chapter 3 and didn’t stop most of the story. The humor that is written for Will and Marley is so funny. They are so snide and quick witted. Besides the humor the writing of the story is well done as well.

I have not read anything from this author before but I will be reading her again. While funny the story was also poignant in understanding who you are and what
Shannan
Feb 28, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5
I enjoyed this cute romance. Great development, loved the sister and the rest of Will's family. I liked the writing, lightheartedness of the story, bit of mystery, and honesty. It was a bit too eccentric at times and the potential other dates were too cliched. However, I need to read these light romances!! They are romantic, witty, fun, and easy to read.
Jennifer Warner
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I read this book because I love Jennifer Crusie, and this was recommended as a similar read. To me, it was not. Whereas Crusie’s characters are funny in a natural way that makes them real and relatable, the characters in this book were juvenile. The first couple of sexual puns were funny, but then it was just constant, several per page, and it got tiresome. It interfered with my being able to enjoy the romance, and so I was not very invested in it. It was all kind of Ho hum. Plus, some of the ch ...more
Carla J
Dec 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
This had some interesting dialogue and characters, but the constant innuendos and off-color jokes got old and were not funny. I got so tired of this and just lost interest in the whole story/characters no longer caring about what would happen to them. Also very predictable. I was really glad this was a library book sale.
Rachel
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bryan Thomas Schmidt
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charming and funny but flawed by a male protagonist who fluctuates between annoying and decent. The Cheez whiz joke wore out its welcome early on and became annoying but the female lead, Marley, is charming and appealing and almost makes up for it.
Erin
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of Tawna Fenske, but this book was not her best. Her writing and character development have only gotten better since this work from a few years ago. It was cute, and had some funny moments, but it just didn’t click. As an Oregonian, I enjoyed the Bend setting. The dog was reliably adorable. But it’s not my favorite of her books. (For that, see The List or anything in the Ponderosa Resort series!)
Jess
Jul 07, 2020 marked it as abandoned
The heroine was a liar. The hero was an immature frat boy who occasionally pretended to be a grownup. I usually love Fenske’s humor, but I hated these characters so much I just couldn’t finish the book.
ReadingInThe6ix
May 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Rounding to 2.5...lighthearted, but fairly boring
Kate Crowe
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Julie
Cute and comical. The big plot reveal had me rolling my eyes.
Christine D
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
The dialogue was funny but then it got repetitive.
Not my favorite of hers. But cute.
Robert Groover
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wacky brilliant dialog

Imagine spending four hours with Robin Williams - this book is that funny! Almost to the point of being unbearable, but not quite.
Seantheaussie
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious 5 star romcom chapters 1-10 and 4 star romance with comedy for the rest.
Nightwitch
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hilarious, easy romantic comedy, although Marley's a little too self-sacrificing and I'm skeptical about some of Will's emotional growth.
Laurie
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok
Carrie (Rotten Banana)
Originally reviewed at Red Hot Books http://redhotbooks.com/2014/05/frisky...

Earlier this year, I enjoyed Tawna Fenske’s book Marine For Hire. I liked Fenske’s light and humorous writing and was hoping that I would get the same in this story, which is billed as a romantic comedy.

Marley Cartman is done with all men of means; from the ex-fiancé who wouldn’t give up his cushy life so that she could further her career to her father who insists that Marley needs a man who can keep her in a comfortabl
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Cinderella Deal
  • Off the Clock (Pleasure Principle, #1)
  • The Accidental Girlfriend
  • A Wedding in December
  • Anyone But You
  • Hot Mess (Love is Messy, #1)
  • Deep in the Valley (Grace Valley Trilogy, #1)
  • Fractures in Ink (Clipped Wings, #3)
  • All I Ever Wanted
  • Elements of Chemistry (Hypothesis, #1; Elements of Chemistry, #1-3)
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • Steeped in Love (Make Me a Match Book 1)
  • Branded for You (Riding Tall, #1)
  • Instant Attraction (Wilder, #1)
  • Fever Claim (The Sigma Menace #1)
  • Sweet Stuff (Cupcake Club, #2)
  • Prehistoric (Bick Downs, #1)
  • Primal Claim (The Sigma Menace #2)
When Tawna Fenske finished her English lit degree at 22, she celebrated by filling a giant trash bag full of romance novels and dragging it everywhere until she’d read them all. Now she’s a RITA Award finalist, USA Today bestselling author who writes humorous fiction, risqué romance, and heartwarming love stories with a quirky twist. Publishers Weekly has praised Tawna’s offbeat romances with mult ...more