Start by marking “How to Handle a Heartbreaker (The McCauley Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
How to Handle a Heartbreaker (The McCauley Brothers, #2)

How to Handle a Heartbreaker

(The McCauley Brothers #2)

It’s lust-at-first-sight when Brody Singer first sees Abby Dunn. Abby looks a lot like a woman he once knew, one who died years ago. But Abby’s definitely different — shyer but sexier.

Abby’s still trying to put her last disastrous relationship behind her and overcome the flaws her ex wouldn’t let her forget. But somehow Brody isn’t getting the hint. It doesn’t help that w
Published August 5th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about How to Handle a Heartbreaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Handle a Heartbreaker

Syndi
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was long time ago, I read the The Troublemaker Next Door. I remember I do not like it at all and shelved it under DNF. So when I read many good positive review on How to Handle a Heartbreaker, I decided to give it a chance.

To my surprise I do enjoy this book very much. It is meant to be light and funny. It would be good if it is shorten a bit. I found it too dragging with many unnecessary plot. Abby is suppose to be shy and sexy heroine. But she changes into wild and sexy heroine without exp
Rachel
Overall rating: 5 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

My review:

This was a pleasantly HOT surprise. I did enjoy the first book but it was PRETTY go
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Holy shit.

That was my reaction when I finished this book. As my first read my Marie Harte, I didn’t exactly know what I was getting into. A couple of my trusted friends suggested I try this book but it wasn’t until now that I got a chance to read it.

Two things immediately jumped out of me while reading this book. The first is that it’s really, really funny. Many authors try hard to create that genuine rapport with all their characters. Their aim is to make them sound charming and fun-loving. H
Chumchum_88
Since I started reading the first book, I figured out most of the couples, so I've been interested in Brody's and Mike's stories, and mike has to wait. Brody on the other hand was ... WOW

- Loved Brody and Abby, their chemistry was off the charts, and how they made each other feel was heartwarming, not in arousing kind of way but in makes-me-feel-a-better-person kind of way

- I liked how Abby had a retort to everything, their banter was cute, and I loved the tongue lashing she gave her sister and
Iza
To make it short : you loved book #1 ? You'll love book #2 !
It's a pleasure to dive again into these characters' lives and see them playing around and with each other.

This time, the story is concentrated on Brody and Abby.
Brody has had an abusive biological family and constantly hides his true self behind smiles and jokes. He has been welcomed by the MacCauleys and made to feel like one of their own, yet he never truly belonged. His past always prevented him from being an integral part of their
Paranormal Kiss

How to Handle a Heartbreaker is the second book in the McCauley Brothers series by Marie Harte. It is about Abby and Brody. They have been fighting their attraction towards one another ever since they met about six months prior. Abby is roommate and friend to Maddie, the heroine of the first book, The Trouble Maker Next Door, and Brody is friend/honorary brother to the McCauley brothers. Neither Abby nor Brody is looking for anything serious so they agree to keep things simple but of co
Beth
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This book was fantastic... The gorgeous Brody and Abby are fantastic characters that were perfect for one another. And the always adorable and mischievous Colin again is such a great character. Mutt was also a great addition to the story and when Del was introduced I got so excited when I realised her role in this series!

Another fabulous book from Marie Harte that will make you want to read more!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

As much as I enjoyed the first book in this series, I loved this one better. Marie Harte has the uncanny ability to write series that surround family so while the romance between the couple is always front and center the secondary characters add depth and provide everything from comic relief, to sage advice, to the requisite ass kicking when needed. I loved every minute of How To Handle A Hear
Christy LoveOfBooks
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it

Oh, was How to Handle a Heartbreaker ever fun! I really liked the first book – The Troublemaker Next Door – but I loved this one more.

It’s been eight months since Abby, Maddie, and Vanessa moved in next door to one of the McCauley brothers, and Maddie and Flynn going strong. This brings Brody and Abby into contact quite a bit, but they aren’t complaining. Abby writes romance/erotica, but doesn’t get to put her imagination to work in real life. That is, until her and Brody come to an arrangement.
Veronika
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was ok

After reading the first book and loving it I couldn't wait to get my hands on How to Handle a Heartbreaker. The first chapters actually lived up to my expectations, but after that the story did not engage me anymore. I loved Abby and Brody but they were often aloof and I couldn't feel the connection between them.

I hated Brody's tantrums and most of the time I couldn't take seriously what the two characters were saying, it was just too cliché for my taste.

I will definitely read the rest of the
⚜️Trea
This was a pretty good installment of the McCauley series. It picks up almost immediately where the previous book left off and details Brody's romance with Abby.

I liked how flawed Brody was and learning about his past, though he used it to act like a complete idiot at times. Abby often wouldn't take his crap either, even though she would often hide what she did for a living from everyone that didn't know her well. I loved how the situation finally came to a head with her family!

This book gives u
starsaga
Actual faces on a hot cover......unheard of!!
Very good book, great characters, and a storyline that was not sryupy sweet. I liked reading about the family, the brothers, the women and even the funny dog. Great writing and a series that I will continue to read. No cliffies here so that makes these books even better. The cover is fantastic and even has heads instead of truncated torsos, so that made me even happier!
☆Jamie☆
4.5 Stars! I fell hard for the McCauley’s in book one of this series, and was eager to get deeper into their lives with How to Handle a Heartbreaker (HTHAH).

Summary:
After a disastrous breakup with her ex, Abby Dunn can admit she’s been in hiding, of a sort. How can she proudly acknowledge her career as an erotic romance author when the insults and flaws her ex flung at her are never far from her mind? No, she can’t risk the looks of horror and possible rejection she’s sure to encounter. Brody Si
Monique Pearson
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
K D
What's not to love about a woman writing erotic romances who needs to do a little research on the down low. Abby's too good for him though, sweet, caring, suffering from low self esteem, and having both a snarky and kinky side.
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Oh what a great read this was. This series was definitely one of my best choices this year, I can't thank the author enough for this fun. Chemistry? Check. Likable and relatable characters? Check. Hot, kinky sex? Check. Adorable couple and well meaning intervening people? Check. Real friendship, troubled families and a love to envy? Check, check and check. What more can a gal ask for?

We already met Abby and Brody when the girls moved in next door to one of the McCauley brothers, and we knew that
☕️Kimberly
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I had a blast reading The Troublemaker Next Door the first novel in Marie Harte’s McCauley Brothers series and was delighted to get my hands on a copy of How To Handle a Heartbreaker. Ladies break out the hand fans because this tale is hot, touching and at times hilarious. The brothers are in rare form, we meet new characters and Brody Singer will melt your heart.

Brody is the only blonde-haired brother in the McCauley bunch and that is because he is adopted. Brody is fondly referred to as Flynn
Under the Covers Book Blog
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Holy shit.

Maria Rose
This second fabulous story in the McCauley brothers series (standalone) tells of the romance between Abby and Brody. Brody is the unoffocial McCauley brother, having found a place with them at a young age when escaping an abusive family. He's had his eye on Abby, his brother's next door neighbour for a little while, and when the opportunity arises to help her with some book research for the erotic romances she writes, he doesn't have to think twice. Soon though their no-strings attached affair s ...more
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic

~~5 SEXY HEARTS~~

Oh How I Love getting to read about Brody's story. When I was finished with The Troublemaker Next Door I wanted to dive into How to Handle a Heartbreaker so bad. I request an ARC but unfortunately got denied so I had to wait like everyone else until the release date. Maire Harte did not disappoint. The wait was well worth it.

Brody is the adopted McCauley brother but that doesn't mean he's treated any different. He's treated as blood. Brody is Flynn's best friend and brother
Sharon Redfern
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the second book and Ms. Harte's McCauley Brothers Series.Coming from an abusive background, Brody Singer is a McCauley brother by love not birth. The big, blonde is a notorious player and has no intentions of committing to one woman. Abby Dunn is a smart and independent woman who writes spicy romance novels. No-one knows about her writing and she covers by moonlighting as a web designer.

Brody and Abby have been dancing around each other and finally give into temptation. They are hot toge
Jeannie Zelos
Aug 07, 2014 rated it liked it
How to Handle a Heartbreaker, Marie Harte
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews.
This is book two in a new series by Marie Harte. Its a fun read, with some hot and spicy sex scenes. I liked Abby, she's very loyal to her friends but hiding from her family that she's a writer of some very steamy novels. She tells them she's a website designer – which she is but its the novels that really bring in the money.
Brody is a real hunk of a man, and its clear they both have feelings for each other..clear
Sheri
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Book 2 in the McCauley series was m'such better than the first. Why? Abby. Abby was so much more likable than Maddie. That, and the writing was better.

The end of book 1 lead us to the conclusion that the second book would be about Brody and Abby. Brody is "the blond McCauley". Part of the family, but not by blood. I liked Brody's backstory. It was believable and realistic. And sad. Abby has issues of her own - she was in a relationship with a man who made her feel cheap and dirty becuase of her
Darcy
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book, romance, 2017
This was a fun one to read. I liked that Brody and Abby both had crushes on each other, but were fighting them. But when Abby let go, she really let go. It was fun to see Brody react to what he learned about Abby, to do what she secretly wished her dream man would. I loved watching both of them try to keep their relationship secret from the rest of the brood, how everyone knew what was going on and they all chimed in.

I hated when Brody's past came back to haunt him, how it threw his good life of
Karen Duvall
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books
If I could give this book 6 stars I would! Wow, what an incredible story. Absolutely LOVED the McCauley brothers, who are the most realistic men I've ever read. The romance was poignant and so very special. I needed to keep tissues handy by the end. I whole-heartedly recommend this book to anyone who loves a spicier version of Jennifer Crusie. Excellent! I must read them all. Sooooo hooked.
Starr
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
When it takes me more than a week to get through a book, it's not really holding my interest, even though it's the audio version. This was a time filler, when I didn't have anything else downloaded for the trip to work. It wasn't bad, it was just slow. I liked the characters and their friendships but it was just...boring.
Allison
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Might even be better than the first one! Love the family dynamic.
UnusualChild{beppy}

Synopsis: Brody has been part of the McCauley family since he was 5 years old. His father and brother weren't nice to him, so the McCauley's took him in. Brody also had a crush on his oldest brother's dead wife, and one of the neighbours who is renting the house next door to Mike looks a lot like her, so Brody's interest is first spiked by that, and then by Abby herself.
Abby is an erotic romance writer, who had an ex call her down for being not good enough, and for being too risqué in t
L M
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Well written and paced story with very likeable characters.
I have read and reviewed these books previously from the back of the book but they have all gone missing. Rereading this series is not a hardship as you are introduced to a very great group of characters you want to know more about. Even the parents are great and get some page time in the series.
This series is centred around a family of brothers, blood and heart, and their friends. You get a good feel for their background and
Samantha
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book being the second one following Flynn's story. I thought that Brody's story was really interesting and enlightening and It told us more about him which is something that I wanted to know after the first book. When Brody's brother and father came back in the picture I thought what happened and I had some hope that he would forgive his brother ( I am really glad that he did).
Abby was a great heroine I think she really helped with Brody's internal thoughts and struggles w
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• To Please A Lady (Seduction, #3)
  • Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)
  • Called Out (Calling It, #3)
  • Chain of Illusions (Bringer and the Bane, #3)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • Stone Song (Cold Iron, #3)
  • Breaking His Rules (Feeling the Heat, #4)
  • Lucky Charmed (Charmed in Texas, #2)
  • To Die Fur (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #2)
  • The Day He Kissed Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #3)
  • It Had to Be You (Crystal Valley #2)
  • Caught Up in the Touch (Sweet Home Alabama, #2)
  • Making a Comeback (More Than a Game, #3)
  • Last Kiss of Summer (Destiny Bay, #1)
  • Taking a Chance (Restoration, #3)
  • Maybe This Time (Whiskey and Weddings, #2)
  • The Hang Up (First Impressions, #2)
Caffeine addict, boy referee, and romance aficionado, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Marie Harte has over 100 books published with more constantly on the way. She’s a confessed bibliophile and devotee of action movies. Whether hiking in Central Oregon, biking around town, or hanging at the local tea shop, she’s constantly plotting to give everyone a happily ever after. Visit http: ...more

The McCauley Brothers (4 books)
  • The Troublemaker Next Door (The McCauley Brothers, #1)
  • Ruining Mr. Perfect (The McCauley Brothers, #3)
  • What to Do with a Bad Boy (The McCauley Brothers, #4)
“price on friends.” Or great research potential. “You seem to be a practical woman.” 0 likes