Start by marking “Knockout (Wayward Fighters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Knockout (Wayward Fighters, #1)

Knockout

(Wayward Fighters #1)

From the wrong side of the tracks...

Alyson Blake had learned early on that the only one she could depend on was herself. The only light in her life was a boy whom everyone agreed was destined for prison; but with his first kiss, he had set her soul on fire. Since the day the police dragged him away in handcuffs, she had managed to lead a quiet life, but when she attends an
Paperback, First, 420 pages
Published April 8th 2014 by J.C. Valentine (first published April 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Knockout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knockout

Start your review of Knockout (Wayward Fighters, #1)
♛✨Christine ♛✨
ATTENTION! All individuals loving (the panty wetting) fighters, head this way…

Okay let’s just start by me saying I’m a sucker for fighters, so when I saw J.C. Valentine had written a novel with a fighter…. I was already sucked in!
They were just two people with shitty backgrounds trying to figure it out.
The characters of Alyson Blake and Jamison Weston trap you in with their all-around amazingness! Jamison, the sexy tattooed fighter (would not expect nor want anything less) isn’t just
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I feel like this story deserves a decent rant. As much as I enjoyed it, as much as it entertained me, there were quite a few things that irked the fck out of me!

Let's start off with what I liked:
✔ Jami. I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I really liked him. I liked his cockiness that was on the right side of confidence. I liked how hot the author made him seem. Shoot, I was convinced that I wanted to lick him from head to toe too! I even liked his wishy-washiness. Yes, he was saying that
Chan
Nov 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-own
Alyson Blake sees Jamison Weston in a cage fight after not seeing him for years. They share a rough background, but a fateful night separated them. Now back in each other lives and Jami fighting for a living, Alyson is back in danger and Jami once again swears to protect her.

Given the year, I believe this book was written when fighter romances were at a peak. Here I am, more than six years later, judging a story that was written to meet the high demand for MMA novels.

Welp, I found this cliched
Valentina "TinchyB"
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Solid 4 stars read!

This was a very nice book.I really loved it.
I love books with sexy fighters in it,and I can say that I'm not disappointed with this one.
It's a story about past and future...friendship and love...

description

description
P.J. Fiala
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a gift for an honest review.

This is a great story. No, wait, a fantastic story. Jamison Weston (Jami) and Allison Blake (Ally) were childhood friends. Both came from abusive, dysfunctional families and formed a bond while helping each other through their traumatic childhoods. Jami was arrested and then left town and Ally thought she would never see him again.
Years later a chance meeting has them remembering their past together and pondering what it all means. They both ar
Jean
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
As I said this was a sweet and easy read. Not alot of angst. I have read a lot of fighter books..... the one thing that was different about this was Jamison and Ally had a connection unlike the other books.....they were neighbors when they were younger and he was always her protector, climbing into her window at night just to keep her safe. I loved that! I loved the banter between them, some things making me laugh out loud. And there was no cheating in this book (which is a major pet peeve of mi ...more
Reanell Tisdale
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 brilliant stars!

I have read everything J.C. Valentine has written and have loved everyone of them. She has the ability to grab me and pull me into the story and feel what each character feels.

Knockout is no exception. I fell in love with these characters. I'm a huge sucker for a fighter and Jamison(Jami) is superb! He is against commitment so he offers Allyson an arrangement with no strings attached. Ally doesn't think she can do no strings so she fights the pull he has on her.

Eventually she
politetemper
Apr 05, 2014 rated it liked it
This book went wayyy to slow for my liking. I skimmed the last couple of chapters tbh.

Alyson was annoying me. All the things that were happening were just so suspicious, how could she not piece things together? It was so annoying! I hate when certain characters are just act ignorant. When you know someone is after you, you don't just ignore it and act like its not happening. You tell somebody. And Alyson just acted like things were fine and dandy and no one is harassing her. How stupid can you
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

Click the image to enter and win the SIGNED SERIES!

photo WaywardFightersSignedBlogGiveawayFINAL_zps7e47ae46.jpg

Knockout is book one in the Wayward Fighters series and is an Adult Contemporary Romance written by J.C. Valentine. I read this as a R2R with Fifty Shades Support Group . As always, a special thank you to the mods and author for allowing me to participate.

4 Knockout Stars!
Sexy MMA Fighter With A Sketchy Past Falls For the Childhood Friend He Left Behind! Bring On The Angst!

The Review:
Stefanie
***Copy provided by the author thru GR's Fifty Shades Support Group in exchange for an honest review***

Whew....it's over and I mean that in a good way. This book especially Jami's fights had me on the edge of my seat, i felt like I was the one watching the fight. With that said I freaking love MMA/UFC fights even though I'm always cringing so this book was definitely right up my ally. There were so many good things that I loved in this book from the chemistry Ally and Jami had, the slow building
Cecilia Robert
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love a good fighter story, and this one was a great read. Another friends to lovers, a favourite trope of mine.
I really loved the banter between Alyson and Jami. Both characters didn't have a good life growing up, and when they come together as adults, they made each other stronger. But life doesn't give them the peace they deserve.
Trouble follows Alyson when she follows her heart, and helps a women from one of her cases. Jamie will do everything to protect her.
Combine Jamie and Alyson's stub
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
UPDATE - No longer free but is available on KU

Currently free

Amazon UK Link - Knockout (Wayward Fighters Book 1)
Amazon US Link - http://amzn.com/B00JJ4XI4I
Mo_Better
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Mariℓina
Apr 22, 2014 marked it as finish-them-later

Her eyes warmed as she studied him. Touching his face, she traced the line of his jaw from ear to chin. Then her fingers found his lips. He opened his mouth and licked the tips as she skimmed his bottom lip, and he committed the sultry look that flashed in her eyes to memory. “You don’t lie to me, do you?”
Jami held her head in his hands and looked into her eyes. “No, and I never will.” Jami couldn’t tear his eyes away. She smiled up at him, her expression soft, welcoming. Completely open to him.
Ashleyjo
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
The story itself wasn't anything special, but it was okay enough for angsty, commitment-phob, MMA romance. The writing is okay, but stalls often with monotonous inner diatribes & has huge breaks between question/answers & inner ramblings. I often had to go back and reread to find out what question had been asked. Some of the sex scenes, although not graphic in an erotica sense, are very hot.

Five Big Problems

1. I can't fathom how these two people could spend so much time together and mean so muc
Dimka
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing

It´s not whether you get knocked down, it´s whether you get up  - Vince Lombardi

I love the way J.C. writes. Her words were perfect. It felt like I was part of the book. The description of all the situations and emotions, she did a great job. Everything felt so real. I was crying like a baby sometimes.

You´ve always protected me, and I guess the hardest part about it is that I know I can´t return the favor.

The storyline, that was something that I really enjoyed. Their lives were/are so hard
SecretNinjaGRL
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARR copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This was an intense book. Great read and a total cliffhanger. If you have a weak heart, don't read this book until it's closer to September 2014 because that's when the next book in this series is scheduled to come out.

But, if you're like me and you can't resist a sexy alpha male with a tattoo and who also happens to be an MMA fighter than shit...go for it! Jump in feet first. Act now, ask questions later. Whatever you want
Pam
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Writing this review is gonna be difficult. There is so much awesomeness in this book it will be hard to write the cliff notes!! Ally and Jami were best friends as children. Ally was Jami's first friend and Jami was Ally's first kiss. As a child Ally was subject to an abusive father and she was a witness to the horrible abuse her mother had to sustain at his hands. Jami was her saviour. He sneaks into her window and comforts her and finally he aids in ending her fathers abuse. But then he is gone ...more
Kim Sowards
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
J.C. Valentine is one of my favorite authors. I loved all her work. This book just continues to prove how great she is. This is the first book in her Wayward series. Jami is a MMA fighter. Him and Ally have issues from their past. Can these two make it with their past and other things standing in their way. I was hooked from page 1. Jami is hot, sexy. I loved him from the start. The story flows smoothly and I could not put it down.
Hbeebti
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contomporary, sports
This was good but predictable. It felt a little over the top at times and maybe that was just me. But I really did enjoy this one.
Jan
4 Knockout stars.

I love a badass alpha fighter mix it with a romance that is a childhood to lovers story and I'm in love.

Even when he was younger Jami was Alyson's protector. Alyson's mum was the victim of domestic violence, Alyson's father would drink and beat on her mother while Alyson cringed in her room. Jami would sneak in her window and confort her, they were childhood friends.

Seperated for years Alyson hadn't forgotten Jami but she had no idea what he was now or where he was until her
Lucii Dixon
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of God! What have I just read? I'm still sat here like, 'holy hell, that was intense, hot, mind-blowing and extraordinary'.

This is the first book I've read from this author and the story, along with the way it was written, took me into another world. A world of anxiety, love, deception, pain and a tonne of other emotions that came to surface while reading this. I was so sucked into the story that everything around me ceased to exist, and it's hard for a book to make me feel that way!
Mazmum
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 sweet yet bloody stars ****

Ok i’m a bit of a book whore. All it takes is a nice cover and a bad boy blurb to make me want a book and Knockout has both, so I was sold.

Alison & Jamison grew up in the same neighbourhood, being each others only relief from a childhood of misery and abuse. Then an event happened which lead to Jami being taken away in cuffs and not seeing each other again.

Until now. Dragged to a MMA fight by her friend Liv, Ally is seriously uncomfortable. She hates
fighting and is h
JB's Book Obsession - Jennifer
I was recently in the mood for a fighter romance and this one fit the bill perfectly.

Alyson Blake came from an violent home life, Jamison Weston was her protector until he gets arrested for beating up her abusive father. She never thought she would see him again fate brings them together and she finds that her childhood crush is now an adult love. Jamison is shocked to have Alyson back in his life he never thought he would have the chance to be around her again. He denies his attraction to her p
Toni
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this to beta read. What a read, the story follows Alyson and Jami. Both are reunited with each other at a chance meeting at a fight, Jami is an MMA fighter. They were friends as kids and haven't seen each other in years. There are still strong bonds between the two as they were there for one another when it mattered, when they were young. Now that they are adults the bonds now run much deeper and they are attracted to each other. The chemistry between the two is undeniable. Jami's com ...more
Heather
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Alyson Blake has grown up hard. She can take care of herself and expects nothing less. The only person she lets her guard down around is Jamison Weston. He's tough, protective and so sexy. They are in love. He is the one thing Alyson can count on in her life. When he's unexpectedly taken away to jail, they are torn apart.

For years they've been apart. They have gone on with their lives just never forgetting each other. When the
Amanda Baires
I received this book from The Fifty Shades Support Group in exchange for an honest review.

I love a good fighter romance and this wonderful story was no exception! Jami and Ally grew up in troubled homes, but always had eachother to help them push through. Then one day that all changed and they both beleived they would never see each other again. When fate puts them in eachothers paths again, there is no going back.

I fell in love with them. I can not wait to see the end of their journey.. Mild cl
Boxy Frown
Childhood friends Ally and Jami share some incredible history together, as they both came from abusive homes right next door to each other. Years later they get back into contact with Ally now an advocate for abused women and children and Jami a successful MMA athlete.

I wanted to like this story more than I actually did. Overall it was a fine read but the hot/cold arguing between the two leads was annoying and Ally had some serious TSTL moments. This story had a great foundation but the
Catherine Coffman
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ally and Jami meet when they were kids. Jami wanted to protect Ally from her father who was abusive. They lost touch, when they were adult she meet Jami again after going to a MMA fight after party. They became friends again and started falling in love. Great love story about both Jami and Ally never really knew what love is since they didn't have it when they were younger. Can't wait for the next one. ...more
Selipperydickdip
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha, tough-guy
Good easy read ... reminds me of Remy and that can only be a good thing.

'The Judge' is one tough hunk, with this tender protective side that just makes you want one to hang in your wardrobe. But beware if you not in his corner then you are in trouble.

Alyson Blake is sweet, slightly ditzy gal but with a good heart. She has chosen to help those who are trying to start afresh.

Looking forward to the next book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Making Connections: Knockout by J.C. Valentine ~ April 7th - April 13th 16 131 Apr 10, 2014 10:24PM
Get an ARC of Knockout! 1 21 Feb 18, 2014 05:41AM
Beta Reader Group: CLOSED- Beta Readers Wanted for NA Romance 7 52 Jan 16, 2014 12:04PM

• Fight For Me
  • Fighting To Start (Fighting Madly, #1)
  • Fighting to Stay (Fighting Madly, #2)
  • Jailbait (Southern Rebels MC #1)
  • Against the Ropes (Redemption, #1)
  • Revved (Revved, #1)
  • Storm (Storm MC, #1)
  • Looking to Score
  • Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)
  • Sicko
  • No Limits (Ultimate, #1)
  • Virtuous (Quantum, #1)
  • Bait (Wake, #1)
  • Written in the Scars
  • Forever Red (Bama Boys, #1)
  • Sail (Wake, #2)
  • Don't Tell Me to Be Quiet
  • Rules for Being a Girl
J.C. Valentine is the USA Today and International bestselling author of the Night Calls and Wayward Fighters Series and the Forbidden Trilogy. Her vivid imagination and love of words and romance had her penning her own romance stories from an early age, which, despite being poorly edited and written longhand, she forced friends and family members to read. No, she isn't sorry.

J.C. lives in the Nort

Wayward Fighters (3 books)
  • Tapout (Wayward Fighters, #2)
  • unDefeated (Wayward Fighters #3)

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...