Start by marking “Vision” as Want to Read:
Vision

Vision

(Vision #1)

The light is darker than you think…

High school student Bobby Pendell already has his hands full—he works almost every night to support his disabled-vet father and gifted little brother. Then he meets the beautiful new girl in town, who just happens to be his boss’s daughter. Bobby has rules about that kind of thing. Nothing matters more than keeping his job.

When Bobby
Published September 9th 2014 by Spencer Hill Press

Start your review of Vision
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, arc
You can also read my review here.

Whoah. I don't remember the last book that made me...

Yes. That's it. That's the perfect representation of my face when I finished reading Vision. Lisa Amowitz is a new author on my radar and just by seeing the reviews on her past books, I KNOW, she's good. And this book proved that.

Bobby is the breadwinner of his family. With a father who can't walk and a mother who he thought has runaway, Bobby has no time for girls like Gabe.. or for his eyes to lose sight.
Justine
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy of this book free from the author at BEA 2014 in exchange for an honest review.
This is the second novel by LIsa Amowitz that I have had the pleasure of reading and I liked it a smidgen better than Breaking Glass. I did find Vision a bit slow at the beginning, only because I'm not a fisher and that's how the story starts off. The read did quickly pickup for me and I was scared to let my dog outside for fear of the serial killer. I thought I had it all figured out and then t
Sally
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
~ I was a First Reads winner of this book and recieved a free copy in exchange for a honest review.

O m g, I really liked this book! It was so intense, had me paranoid and on the edge of my seat with every chapter!

Bobby Pendell's life is rough, his mother left his dad randomly, his dad is a disabled vet and his little brother is talented but in the middle of all of it. Bobby lives in his poor boring life in the country where he takes care of his beer drinking father and little brother. He tries
Justine Winans
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5

I received an ARC copy of Vision that I was incredibly excited to begin. I had read some of Lisa's work before and really enjoyed it - not to mention that, with a serial killer in the main plot line - this book definitely seemed my speed. Luckily, it turned out to be a case in which I had every reason to be excited. I absolutely devoured Vision in nearly one sitting. It's the kind of novel that picks you up and drags you in a rapid, twisting ride all the way until the end.

Although I
Lisa Dess
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

Wow!!! This book is awesome!!

Bobby, the main character, is definitely a character to respect. He has so many good qualities and doesn't really recognize them himself. It's because of this, that he is my favorite character in this book.

I knew something was up with one of the characters but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then, BAM, a major twist I was not expecting at all. I LOVE when that happens.

This book was paced well and
Michelle Rebar
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
A pulse-pounding supernatural thriller that will keep you guessing.
Jiya ✾
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow! Now this was the fun read, ahh not exactly the FUN READ! but yeah a mysteriously fun read. I literally got hooked to this books.

The story was filled with many sudden twists and turns and they were so sudden that I never expected them to come. The story have a killer involved in it though I suspected him in middle of the book and YEAH! the killer was the same character I had expected but hey! no I really didn't stick to my suspected character because at every step I was forced to believe nah
Michelle McLean
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It's chilling enough that I would have liked to only read it during the day but it was one of those "I can't put it down" books so I ended up reading into the night just to finish it. And then spent the next several weeks looking over my shoulder. The characters are the kind that stay with you long after you've finished the book, and not just the main character, but the side characters as well. Bobby's visions are truly horrifying, as are the consequences of those v ...more
Megan
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a crazy twisted intense story! There were times I couldn't put it down and other times I had to for sanity's sake. Bobby is a tough stubborn boy with a hard home life. He has his plans in place until crap starts happening and throws him into a twisted web of murder and lies. This book left me guessing until the very end when BAM! and you are left picking your jaw off the floor. I am excited that there will be more since one of the twists set this up perfectly for more chaos to come.
Laurie Treacy
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Whoa. Just whoa. Vision by Lisa Amowitz is one of those types of books which gets under your skin. Know what I mean? The author takes an everyday kind of teen guy and bam! He's living his life and then something happens and then something else and the reader gets wrapped up in everything and forgets that this is a story. Sneaky, yes, but I have to say I was riveted by the suspense, intrigued by the storyline, and I loved the writing.

As a resident of the Hudson Valley, I'm always stoked when book
Lelia Taylor
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
I’ve seen a few reviews that, although very positive, specifically mention that the reviewers found the beginning of this book to be rather slow. I didn’t feel that way at all; indeed, those first pages are crammed with information without being the dreaded info dump. Through Ms. Amowitz’s skillful prose, we learn that Bobby is conflicted, more so than most boys his age. He has to be the responsible member of the family and while he loves his father, he resents having to be the adult. He’d like ...more
Sharrice
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, arc
I received an ARC of Visions for an honest review.

Author Lisa Amowitz definitely just took me on the ride of a life time. Never before have I read a story so full of mystery, magic, and beauty before.

Bobby’s life wasn’t perfect. He worked, cooked, cleaned, went to school and took care of his crippled father and younger brother. He had friends and life wasn’t too bad. He knew his life wasn’t going anymore fast and he never expected much out of life. Then everything changed the day he met Gabe. Sh
Amanda Shelley-Masters
What an amazing story I couldn't get enough! once again Lisa plasters us to our seats with this thrilling tale about a boy who sees Visions of grisly deaths and searches for a killer only he can "see".

I have always been a BIG fan of Lisa's work and I have to say stories like this is why. Lisa's talent shines through in this incredible tale. I laughed, I cried and don't tell anyone but I might of screamed out loud a little here and there...lol....it had all the greatest elements of an amazing Thr
Kelly Hager
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, you guys, this book.

It grabbed me right away with the synopsis: how creepy does that sound? You get these horrible headaches and, as a fun bonus, you temporarily go blind AND see these horrific things? So you know you're either going crazy or something literally insane is going on.

And then---THEN---as a bonus, his visions start happening. But you can't really talk about it because if you do, you get locked up---either in jail or in an asylum.

I immediately liked Bobby and was very nervous for
Petite Clementine
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Definitely didn't think I was going to rate this book so highly at first (I could see the cliches coming from a mile away, and my vision isn't exactly what you would call acute or keen either. ;)) I also was able to predict a few of the so-called plot twists, but Amowitz's prose kept me on the edge of my seat. Her writing is gripping, that's for sure. Her depictions are also quite vivid, and many of the scenes she portrays are so picturesque--things that definitely helped this rating. In the end ...more
Dalene
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
First, I would like to thank the author Lisa Amowitz for giving me this book in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed reading this book. The story-line is great, it has twists that make this story even better. The world building is nicely done. The characters are well developed and written. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Margie
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bobby is a high school student who is the only support for his disabled father and his little brother.
He works every night. A new girl arrives in town and he discovers she is his boss's daughter.
No, he can't get involved, he needs his job, but the attraction to each other is intense. But life interferes as he is struck with blinding migraines and visions of murders, some even before they happen. This is a story that grabs you and you can't read it fast enough.
Alexa Nichole Demers
My reviews can be found here

photo 8b10f759-8955-449d-8f3c-6348c3614003_zpse17e1634.jpg

Vision was a pretty interesting read. It wasn’t something I expected even after reading the synopsis. It was more than a boy was a strange psychic power. The book was that but It was also about a boy trying to be a man while losing his sight and seeing horrifying images of dead victims.

Bobby Pendell has been taking care of his family for a few years. He is the only person that works while trying to get through school so that he can work more. One day the migraines
Bee

Istyria book blog ~ A world of enchanted books

Another great one from Lisa Amowitz! Again with the same tense atmosphere and writing I've come to expect from her. And of course also another set of great characters. I honestly don't have much to say about this one though. It was a very fast-paced book and a fast read. It kept me on the edge of my seat and threw some curveballs at me I didn't see coming. I did have a bit of trouble getting into it at first, though I don't know why and as soon as I
Zachary Flye
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review:

Protagonist: Bobby Pendell is the self-deprecating, proud, and good natured protagonist of this story. Honestly, for the most part I thought Bobby was an incredible character, he's down to earth, but with the types of flaws to make the story all the more interesting, however his character development felt like it got lost in the mix. It's like I know it's there and I could sort of feel it a little bit while I was reading, but it wasn't as prevalent as it should be for a character like him
Desiree Putaski
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as part of Rockstar Book Tours Blog Tour.

Lisa has an amazing writing style that truly allows you to get inside the head of her characters. I have to say that I liked this book a little bit more than Breaking Glass. The characters are fantastic and so well fleshed out it’s not like reading about people who are made up at all. Bobby’s father is a veteran of the war in Iraq and was severely injured in combat, his mother has left (evidently unable to deal with his father’s disa
Ali (Our Book Boyfriends) Flores
3.5 Stars

This book took a little while to gain my interest. I didn’t feel any connection with Bobby, but the author kept him closed off I think to add to the mystery. Bobby is seeing things. Is is because he actually did these things himself, or some new psychic ability?

About 90 pages in I found myself with a growing interest as a potential romantic element came on stronger. However, I was still never fully entranced because I never cared enough about the people involved with them so closed off
Beth
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once you start reading this, you won't be able to put it down!

Bobby is a normal teenager - except he has to be the caretaker for the family. His father is unable to take on that role, so Bobby works a job and goes fishing to help feed the family.

Bobby's life continues this way until he sees a boy in the bottom of the lake while fishing one day. Then the headaches and blinding red that blocks his vision start. Then he hears and sees what appears to be a murder. Then his vision returns to normal.
Michelle Pickett
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It seems Lisa Amowitz has done it again. Or maybe not. Her debut novel was good and received great reviews. Her Bachelor submission just isn’t quite made of the same material…it’s better.

Well written, with an incredible plot that keeps you dizzy from constant, and sudden, twists and turns, this book will appeal to all the mystery lovers out there.

The area Amowitz excels in, is writing strong, charismatic characters. And the main lead in “Vision,” Bobby, is no different. His character makes the b
Kristy
Feb 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: x
3.5 stars. I liked the writing well enough, but the mystery could have used some foreshadowing. It was revealed, and I was like "oh". I like to look back and think "Oh yeah! How did I miss that?" or "Wow, I did not see that comng!", but this was missing that element. I didn't care or feel anything when it was revealed, nor did I find the killer and that part of the storyline to be plausible.

It appears that this is going to be a series although, at this time, it isn't noted in the book title or d
Annika
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Life has a way to kick you when you are down. What is your choice going to be - do you stand up and fight or hide away and hope for it o go away?
Fast paced and well written. This book, despite the short length of it, manages to fit in a well developed plot and characters you can't help but feel for.
Dvora
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Did NOT see that coming!!! Total curve ball! I was in suspense the whole entire time. Non stop excitement. I loved Coco's personality. He made me LOL throughout the book.

This is a must read!!!
Becky
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm baffled by all the good reviews. I figured out who the killer was pretty early on. Lots of foul language. I didn't really care for the characters. I definitely can't recommend this book.
Janie Bethell
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Summer Read

It was a good book to just pick up and put down. it involved good triumphing over evil so it kept my interest.
Janet
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Pretty decent YA psychic thriller. Figured out the who early on but not the details. Definitely a page turner.
Reading For Fun: Recruiting for Street Team for Lisa Amowitz' next book 2 9 Apr 11, 2014 09:41AM

• The Engineer's Wife
  • Cross Kill (Alex Cross, #24.4)
  • A Good Day to Buy (Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery #4)
  • So B. It (So B. It, #1)
  • The Other Blue Sky
  • 96 Miles
  • To Fetch a Thief (A Chet and Bernie Mystery, #3)
  • A Big Little Life:  A Memoir of a Joyful Dog
  • Cat Nap (Sunny & Shadow Mystery, #2)
  • The Paris Library
  • Bella's Story: A Dog's Way Home Tale
  • Mission Impawsible (Dog Diaries, #3)
  • The Black Book
  • And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer
  • The Cat, the Quilt and the Corpse (A Cats In Trouble Mystery, #1)
  • Stayin' Alive (Country Club Murder #10)
  • Lily to the Rescue (Lily to the Rescue! #1)
  • The People vs. Alex Cross (Alex Cross, #25)
Lisa Amowitz is an artist and graphic designer by trade, but writing
has always been a deep and abiding passion. She is represented by Shannon Hassan of Marsal-Lyon Literary Agency.

Her books are the YA fantasy/thrillers Breaking Glass, Vision and, Until Beth.

visit her online at lisaamowitz.com

Twitter: @lisa_amowitz