Start by marking “Tempted (Playing The Edge #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempted (Playing The Edge #1)

Tempted

(Playing The Edge #1)

THIS EDITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Topping the Wall Street food chain, Graham is wealthy, privileged, and harbors a secret vice no one would ever suspect. Unyielding and intense, when he sets his sights on a target, he refuses to relent until he takes possession of what interests him. After a chance encounter in a yoga studio, Eliza most definitely becomes his next sought
ebook
Published September 19th 2014 by Swoon Romance (first published September 16th 2014)

Start your review of Tempted (Playing The Edge #1)
Jenn Green
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The pressure to conform made my need to escape inescapable and overpowering.

5+ Dude can Tempt ME Anytime ;) Stars

~this review may contain minor spoilers~

“tell me you're not interested or tempted to take what we've got to the next level. I know what you feel. I have that same bloody desire. Together we can satisfy one another. One night. What have you got to lose?”

Eliza escaped an abusive past only to be pulled into the restricting web of her over-protective sister. She does love her sister,
Rob
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gifted-books
You’ll never know what you’ll like until you try it. Never has that been a more true statement to Eliza.

This book is the story of your typical kinky, rich CEO businessman on the prowl for a submissive. While this book has lots of pretty hot sex in it, none of it’s kinky so if you’re put off by the possibility of kink then rest assured, there’s none in this story. But then if you find kink offensive then seriously, why buy this book!! Or why are you looking in this genre!!! Lol.

So anyway, I
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
PSYCHOCAT READS REVIEW OF TEMPTED BY SUSAN ARDEN

Susan has been teasing us on Twitter with the release of the Playing the Edge books for a while now, so I was thrilled to see the release date come and Tempted and Secuded make their way onto the schedule. Since there's so much going on today, let's jump right to the review.

The Characters: Books like these always seem to come with some comparison to 50 Shades. This time around I was thrilled to find a girl with a bit ore grit and a lot more spine.
Jane Hunt
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tempted (Playing The Edge #1) by Susan Arden

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

'Tempted' is the first taste of what promises to be a tempestuous relationship between Eliza a reluctant yoga teacher and Graham an ultra powerful and rich business man. This is not a 'Fifty Shades' story although there are some obvious similarities. The age gap between Eliza and Graham makes it more like an erotic 'Pygmalion.'

Eliza is easy to empathise with, although you can see why she
Falling In Fall Book Blog
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-read-shelf
This is my first book by Susan Arden and I am completely shocked! I couldn't put the book down! The characters were all so real. This is the type of book you were craving to read after Fifty Shades of Grey. The sex scenes in this book are scorching hot. Susan Arden knows how to write some steamy scenes!
Tempted is the first book in the Playing The Ede trilogy and this looks to be an amazing series. Eliza is a yoga instructor at her sister's studio. When Eliza is not at the studio, she spends her
Marissa
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC for Review

Eliza is teaching yoga at her sister’s business while deciding what she wants to do in life. She is partying late at night drinking in access while out in South Beach club scene. She recently went to India for mediation classes but instead found herself partying and not going to any of the classes.

Wanting to break free from her older sister smothering but does not quite know how to. She also still suffers from her step father abuse knowing her mom died at her birth but returned to
Purpinkrose
The only other Susan Arden book I have read and reviewed was a shifter one. So I was intrigued when I read the blurb for this one. I read it in one go, I couldn't put it down. I loved everything about this book.

Susan Arden is an established author so the talented ability she has to capture your attention is amazing. This book will pull your emotions, there were times I wanted to shake Eliza and her sister but understand why, plenty of OMG, emotional moments that brought lumps to my throat. And
Jen Cothran
I am always excited to read something new from Susan Arden, and Playing the Edge series is no exception!! This book is quick paced and you get to know the characters in a fast but comprehensive way. Eliza is an amazingly strong woman, even though she's still trying to find her way. She is at a crossroads in her life and working on making the right decisions for herself. Working for her sister she meets Graham, a man who she can't ignore and is captivated by his eyes and body, but she isn't ...more
Henrika Fanfiction
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Eliza Hillwood, is stuck in her life, teaching yoga and living under the scrutiny of her sister. She’s a restless soul, looking for something more, without even knowing what that something is. Turns out the dark stranger that drops in to her class one night is just what she needs, and so much more. Will she take the leap into the unknown and step through the door he is holding open for her? The door that could lead to immeasurable sexual pleasure and escape from her life.

Susan Arden has done an
She Hearts Books
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Eliza encounters a gorgeous man during her yoga class who completely distracts her. When he asks her out and she refuses, he then contracts her for a private lesson. Graham is a man that doesn't take no for an answer and proposes an arrangement that will challenge and entice her in ways she couldn't imagine. She has to decide if she wants to go to the edge of everything with him.

I am just so intrigued by Eliza. I want to know more about her. I like her with Graham very much as I think she will
Twin Opinions
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a great start to a very promising series! I was very pleased with this book. I found it a little unbelievable as far as time frame goes but this is so steamy and hot that you forget it has only been a few hours! I really like the way this series is heading and I am very excited to see what happens in the next installment. I think Gordon is going to be a very sexy character that we will all love. I like getting some of his POV. It helps to make the time frame a little more believable. The ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given this in exchange for an honest review and I have to say that I really enjoyed the story it is the kind of book that definitely just pulls you in and keeps you wanting more. This book should come with a warning **panty melting ahead*** This is the first book I have read of Susan Ardens and I have to say it wont be my last. Eliza is a yoga instructor who is wants to have a good time. Then she meets Graham who is looking for a way to destress his life and once he sees Eliza he knows ...more
Michelle Eriksen
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Eliza is a yoga instructor at her sisters studio, she is parties too much and gets by day to day but the spark of life was taken from her existence by an abusive past, until she locks eyes with Gram across her studio during a yoga class.

Graham is filthy rich, overworked and extremely stressed. His doctor insists he start taking med or find a way to handless stress. He takes a yoga class and discovers Eliza. Stress relief will take on a whole new meaning.

This book is steamy, hot, squirm in your
Melissa Miller-Mattern
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In Susan Arden’s Playing the Edge series, Tempted #1 we meet Eliza. Her life is pretty uneventful. She lives with and works for her older, overbearing sister at her yoga studio but one day, Eliza’s luck changes. A handsome man walks into her class one day and they both instantly feel a connection. A few days later Graham Gordon schedules a private yoga less with Eliza and makes her an offer she can’t refuse-enter into a sexual contract with him for 6 months and he will “train” her in BDSM.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I seriously need to read more by this author as this was a fantastic read.

Graham is a really sexy businessman. He always gets what he wants and he wants Eliza. He hires Eliza for a private lesson of yoga at his house after she turns him down. Will Eliza submit and enter Graham's life with bdsm?

This author has a great way with words. I was totally gripped and looking forward to reading book two.
Brenda Hairston
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot,Sexy,makes you say yum.

The first part of this book is so hot. Graham is totally sexy ,commanding and what I need for Christmas. Never thought I would like to try dominating but maybe.
Kristina
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: d-s, read-in-2014, s-m
Holy crap! My head is still reeling from this book. The chemistry is off the hook with these two characters - Eliza and Graham. The author did an excellent job with the build up and I'm really excited to learn more about not only their future but also about the skeletons in their closet.
Bookworm Betties
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The pressure to conform made my need to escape inescapable and overpowering.

5+ Dude can Tempt ME Anytime ;) Stars

~this review may contain minor spoilers~

Charina
Sep 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
I didn't like it that much. I thought the plot was a good one, and more could have been done with it. I didn't like the characters. I felt like they kept talking about honesty and how important it was, but they weren't honest at all. Not only were they hiding things by going around on the subject and never saying what they really wanted to say, they also didn't feel real. When we finally get the two main characters in a room ready to talk (we been waiting for it to happen for 40% of the book). ...more
books are love
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
What makes this book wonderful is the characters are flawed. Graham who is seemingly perfect has issues whether it be health, need for control or his past is still flawed. No character in this story is not untouched with some past or guilt. We do not see characters that cannot be emphasized with in some way. Our two main characters are finding their way in some form or another. Their way is to each other and unbeknownst to each other their bond may help them heal. Be what each other needs. ...more
Anna
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Eliza's life is a bit chaotic. After escaping from an abusive step-father she has been under the care of her sister since she was a teenager. She is teaching a class in her sister's yoga studio when she locks eyes with a drop-in client and has a pretty intense experience. Graham Gordon is a powerful CEO who has an equally intense experience when he locks eyes with his yoga instructor. Graham is someone who goes after and gets what he wants, and he knows that he wants Eliza. During a private yoga ...more
Susan Arden
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
TEMPTED...a hard ride into seduction!

Seduced...the place where he'll uncover your soul.

Books 1 and 2 of the PLAYING THE EDGE #erotic trilogy.

Amazon Links:

Tempted: http://goo.gl/UmlPUd

Seduced: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P31XHPG

Leah
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beginning was rather disjointed, but once I got a couple of chapters in it was easier to follow. Obviously, it the book was meant to be a fun read and not something that people would contemplate like Shakespeare, but still, within the genre, the first couple of chapter required me to backtrack and try to figure out what the heck was going on. I kept on reading because I knew it was a short book so that it wouldn't require a significant time investment, and I'm glad I stuck with it.

If
Jennifer Finn
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of a series & I really did like it. I really can't stand Eliza, she is one of the most annoying females I've ever read about. The story is really good & so is the writing. I absolutely loved Graham & I'm hoping he gets her ass in line. Eliza is an immature 22year old yoga instructor who lives with her pregnant sister & brother-in-law in Miami. Graham is a very rich Dominant who takes one of her yoga classes & feels an immediate attraction to Eliza. He ...more
E H
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Eh...it was ok. That's all that I really can say about this book, I went in thinking that 'OMG, I'm gonna L-O-V-E, LOVE this book', and really I only liked it. There were some parts (very few) that reached great heights...but the rest of it was just kind of slow...and took a while to get to where it needed to go. I can't say that I would reccommend it...but I can't say that I wouldn't either.
Leigh
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-romance
This wasn't for me. To confusing with the POV switching. I didn't feel any sort of connection to the characters.
Carol Hall
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story that started off lukewarm and ended up sizzlin'! I'm so looking forward to reading all 3 books.
Stephanie
Oct 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Esperanzaa Akai
Dear reader,

I really want to read this book. i can't find it anywhere.

If you do have this book could you pleas send it to me too a.akaiouar@hotmail.com.

Thank you.
The Suburban Eclectic
Oct 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: merdique
Hard to read a story that didn't seem to have any flow or plot. It kind of was just one long sex scene, which believe it or not can be boring and repetitive.
Bestselling romance author, Susan Arden began writing Westerns and suspense romance in college. In 2012, she won a fiction pitch contest and a publishing contract followed for Tempted By Trouble. She's married, a mom, and lives south of Nashville in a spot that's more country than city.

Susan writes in partnership with her husband under several pen names. To recharge, they enjoy traveling and

Playing The Edge (3 books)
  • Seduced (Playing the Edge, #2)
  • Taken (Playing The Edge #3)
“We are born with the gift of time to spend as we see fit.” 0 likes