Start by marking “Primani (Primani, #1)” as Want to Read:
Primani (Primani, #1)

Primani

(Primani #1)

Mica Thomas is Sean O'Cahan's worst nightmare. Part angel, all Primani, he's a ruthless protector with unusual talents. Jaded by the weakness of humans, he takes a hands-off approach to his charges. His job's to protect her. That's all. But Mica's got other ideas. He's strong, but she's stronger. Will his one moment of weakness destroy them both?
Published September 7th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Primani, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primani

L.J. Kentowski
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I do love me some angels and demons ;) This book was a great, unique story filled with tension, mystery, and some serious hotness! Loved the characters, love the plots. Definitely an awesome start to a series.
Ashleyjo
Jan 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
The author immediately connects the reader to the female MC as she survives a brutal attempted date rape and murder. She had warning bells telling her the guy was bad news, but she ignored the signs and it almost cost her her life. I immediately empathized with her. It was a smart move on the author's part to start this story with a bang.

Sadly, by 10% the bang was moot and I wasn't so inclined to like the female MC.

Let me preface by saying I'm NOT blaming the victim by any means. Wh
Sheila
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 16+
Mica's mother has died and she has to leave the place she has lived all her life and move to her father's home with his second family. She is not happy about it. Being rescued after being attacked by a boy from school, Mica's life changes. Who are these protectors? Why is she changing after being around these men? I loved this book. It's the first of a series. Something is happening to Mica and she is gaining these abilities but her protectors (Sean, Declan, and Killian) do not know why. When sh ...more
Micki
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-goodies
I love this series!
The story is of the Primani made from the blood of arch angels and the humans they oversee and protect is a refreshing and unique read. I loved the pace of the series but at times would have liked a more in depth back story on some of the characters.
The characters are strong and engaging. Each could have their own book, mix them together tho and you get one hell of a ride!
The writing style took some getting used to in the first book but as the series went on the a
Suzy Donald
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Primani was recommended to me and I'm so glad it was, at first it seemed to lack continuity but then as I continued reading it started to come together. The Angels Killian Sean and Dec vied for pole position in my heart and Sean won. The story is riveting Angels and Demons fighting to protect humans I slept knowing I was safe!! I could not put it down, quickly moving on to book too more like this I hope
Rebecca Waldron
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay! So this book rocked hard! Laurie has created a world where love, family, and the powers of the Heavens dominate! A must read! If you don't fall in love with Primani..... your crazy.
Angel
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! It had romance, action, suspense! I fell in love with the characters. I didn't want to put the book down because I was always wondering what's going to happen next! Loved it!
Pam
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I just ordered book #2 because I'm so frustrated from unanswered questions from part one. I have to say its good to read a trilogy with books with over 400 pages each book.

The problem with this book which lost it stars was that it didn't answer things you waited for even when the Chapter said they would be answered. Mica is an 18 year old girl who we meet in the beginning who is beaten and tortured by a crazy guy and rescued by 3 mysterious guys. She wakes in the hospital badly injur
Erika
Oct 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Heather
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I started this series on book #4-Broken Souls. I have to say, I see the improvement in writing in book 4. Though I do feel it could be the portrayal of the main character 'Mica Thomas' who is a teen. It portrays her view often in this book. So I did often feel like I was in the head of a teenager. I found a few inconsistencies in the reactions between Mica and her parents. One minute they were nonchalant of her disappearing for days then next upset...I didn't quite get that. But I looked beyond ...more
Christine Young
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I hate that Goodreads doesn't offer halfs - I'd give this book 4.5. It started off great with an excellent story but I wasn't totally hooked. I was enjoying it but couldn't seem to "connect" with the characters. Close to half way through I was sooooo hooked!!! I couldn't put it down. I've fallen madly in love with Sean, Killian & Dec - I can't even pick a favorite. Although I admit I have a thing for the tortured bad boy <3 Killian. And Mica totally grew on me! She got tough & strong ...more
Suzanne Mayer
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about Mica, a young girl and a survivor. She has endured a lot in her young life - the death of her mom and a brutal attack. As Mica tries to get her life back to normal, she discovers that there was more happening in her life than she thought. The sudden appearance of Sean and his "brothers" Dec and Killian in her life becomes a mystery that Mica is trying to unravel. What she discovers changes her life forever.

I have had this book in my kindle hoard for a long time.
Cyn Thia
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. The writing was vivid and really helped you to place yourself in the scene. I enjoyed the plot line and really liked how we got to see the main character Mica develop.

I found that the scene transitions were too abrupt and that there were pieces of the story that were just left to hang. It seemed like characters and events were 'inconvenient' and so were never addressed or brought up again. I'm all for leaving the reader guessing (that's what draws you in).
Megan McCauley
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free from goodreads first reads

Mica is a girl who recently lost her mother so she has to move in with her father and stepmother. She gets attacked and left for dead. Then sean, dec and killian appear and protect mica from anything that wants to do her harm. They have their hands full because mica is always in danger. Eventually her and sean like each other, but there are secrets that sean keeps from mica to keep her safe. I loved this book! I actually liked killi
Laurie
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a rollercoaster!

This book had it all: action, thrills, good guys, bad guys,family,friends,love and many forms of the power of thought. Sexual tension was high and there was consummation. It started out a little slow and juvenile, but like the lead female character, the book grew and came into it's own. There is a cliff hanger (I hate it when that happens), but it was a good place to end the first book.

Would I recommend it? Yes
Will I read the rest of the series? Most definitely!
Kelly
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to win a copy of this through goodread's first reads so thank you. This action packed paranormal romance tells the story of Mica Thomas who, at the beginning has been savagely attacked and left for dead, and after Sean and his family move into the small town she lives in his already chaotic life is about to get even more eventful. A little slow in places but a really good debut, will leave you with so many question that you will have to read the next one. Can't wait.
Wendy Bocock
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kind of slow to start, but once it got going, really liked it. Looking forward to next book in series. Still many unanswered questions for me, so am looking forward to learning more about the characters. Strong novel for a self-published debut (transitions sometimes felt abrupt, but strong character development made up for it). It is a good mix of urban fantasy, paranormal romance, and adventure.
Vyrissi
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Couldn't put it down!

Review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest review.

I love a strong female lead character and Mica sure fits the bill. After surviving a brutal attack she vows not to be a victim again. All the lead characters were well developed and written. A thoroughly enjoyable read, I would give it 4 1/2 stars if I could, I look forward to reading the next installment of the series.
Stephanie
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Unique, fast-paced read with butt kicking action and captivating relationships.

I enjoyed Primani (received in Goodreads First Reads Giveaway). I currently live in upstate New York, so I enjoyed the references to familiar places. Thank you again for the opportunity to read Primani...I will be continuing the series!
Barbara
Great series!!! WOW loved it from page one. It was a rollercoaster of a ride right till the very end. The characters were believable and what a story. I'm hooked I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Henry H. Elston
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Little slow starting

Little slow starting

Good plot, laid the framework for the next book. A bit slow at first but then you cannot stop reading till the end. At least I couldn't.
Mandy
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book....WOW. I was totaly hooked, it was a little slow to start but then it grabs you. I couldn't stop reading. Everybody has their opinions, but I liked it, it just made me sad lol. Good book for me though.
Kris
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't get into it

Quit at 15%... Just couldn't get into this! Which is a shame because it sounded really cool but got real Twilighty real fast.
Caroline Marvin
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really excited

I just finished this book and it kept me up later than I wanted to be! I plan on getting the rest of the books in this series.
Alice Stribling
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
More hooks than a trout could resist underwater, but little substance. I did stay up late reading these but I'm slightly ashamed of it.
Helene Rodriguez
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hooked from page #1. Read this in 2 days!!
CarolKat
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really wasn't sure about this book when I bought it. Angels and Demons really weren't my thing, but the premise intrigued me.
Mica seems to get herself into many life-threatening positions, keeping Sean the Primani assigned to her busy. Not only is Mica young, she is also a dare-devil and she has set her eyes on this Primani for more than just protection.
A rollercoaster of emotions, with danger at every turn as Mica challenges Sean every chance she gets.
Laughter, tears and ext
Cindy
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liked it!

I really do like this story. Sean is the typical serious soldier until Mica gets under his skin. I enjoyed how she gets him to open up. The torture bit from the psycho Scott was definitely not enjoyable, but I loved how Mica used the experience to get stronger. It also put Sean in Mica's life and changed it forever. There are still mysteries however and cliffhangers are really annoying.
Erth
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Jodi Etheridge
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damn,

Left me hanging till I can get the next one, but oh so worth it. Love is more powerful, then demons, this book proves it.
Hang on to that comfy couch. This book gives you all the twists and turns that is truly needed. Buy this and you won't regret it one bit.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Love's Prophecy (Prophecy, #1)
  • The Fallen (A Sons of Wrath Spinoff)
  • Veined (Guardian of the Angels, #1)
  • Dark Love
  • A Night Of Forever (Night, #1.5)
  • Five (Maor, #1)
  • A Blush of Magic
  • The Cage King (Entwined Realms, #2)
  • Trinity (Brethren, #1)
  • The Angel's Covenant (The Covenant, #1)
  • The Complete Philadelphia Series: Books 1-3 (Philadelphia, #1-3)
  • Bobcat (Tales of the Were: Redstone Clan #4)
  • Holding Hope (Seven Sin Sisters, #4.5)
  • Bonds (Bonds Series Book 1)
  • At His Hand (​The Pirate and the Feisty Maid, #1)
  • Inner Moonlight
  • Jaguar Sun (Jaguar Sun, #1)
  • Agent I1: Tristan (The D.I.R.E. Agency #1)
Laurie Olerich is the author of the new Primani series. Part romance, part paranormal, part adventure...Three things she can’t live without! Laurie spent most of her life in the Northeastern United States and in Western Europe. She now lives in San Antonio, Texas, with her son and Dalmatian duo, Domino and Rambo. Desperate to escape the heat, she lives vicariously through Mica and her Primani by s ...more

Primani (6 books)
  • Call the Lightning (Primani, #2)
  • Stone Angels (Primani, #3)
  • Broken Souls (Primani, #4)
  • Darkness Calling (Primani, #5)
  • Saol Mates (Primani, #6)