Start by marking “Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality” as Want to Read:
Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality

Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality

New York Times Bestseller--Everyday spirituality from the beloved nun who passed away on Easter, 2016.

"Everything starts with one person . . . I don't care if you're 5 or 105, God from all eternity chose you to be where you are, at this time in history, to change the world."

"If you are following God, He never shows you the end. It's always a walk of faith."

"Faith is one
Published March 6th 2007 by Image (first published January 1st 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality

Start your review of Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality
Elise
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a hilarious and to the point woman Mother Angelica is! This book was exactly what I needed to read and I would recommend it to any Christian, Catholic or not, as quality spiritual reading. The great thing about it, is that this book is divided into smaller excerpts and sometimes just one line quotes. You can read one a day or did like I did and consume the entire book all at once! She is just so direct and blunt and sometimes that is just what we need. Some of these excerpts can provide ...more
Cathy
Jun 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I will be reading this over and over for the rest of my life.
This plain speaking Southern woman endured pain most of her life and pushed on in spite of it.
Her comments will pull you out of any kind of mental funk or any lie you might be telling yourself about why you aren't the right person for the job God is nagging at you to do!
Tom
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great little book. My family and I watched Mother Angelica faithfully every Tuesday and Wednesday night. It's so nice to have much of her wisdom put together in this little book. God bless her in these golden years of hers. She is a true saint in my book.
Jennifer Hamilton
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-as-an-adult
Fantastic book! Works great as a daily meditation book!
Stuart
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Today, I am wrapping up my month of Mother Angelica book reviews with her book Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality. Like the bulk of her books, this one was edited by Raymond Arroyo and published by Image Books. The book is approximately 220 pages long as divided into fourteen broad themes, including Everyday Holiness; God's Will and Providence; Sin and Temptation; and Saints and Angels. Within these broad themes are subsections. For example, in the first ...more
D
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this pithy little book after becoming familiar with Mother Angelica through reruns of her show on ETWN - the Catholic cable network. She has an interesting way of putting things and some good positive insight on God and life in general. Not being Catholic, I probably did not totally understand or relate to everything she wrote which is why I only gave the book three stars. The book was worth reading however. I marked up many of her quotes and will probably refer back to the book from time ...more
Rachel M
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Her words had me thinking and laughing at the same time, and wondering, "what makes such a holy woman so funny?"

The more I thought about it, I decided that when people grow in holiness, they learn to let go of their attachments - to themselves, to others, to things. They can look at themselves then and see the humor because they have gained humility. They also are more free to see what is true because of this detachment. They are able to tell the truth as it is, because it is clear, and we
Jaime K
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic compilation of different quotes and saying from Mother Angelica. There is an overall theme of her life, and that is to unite all aspects of our lives with Jesus. The good and bad; pain and healing; blessings and sufferings. In the end, each brings us closer to Him and allow us to be more holy and sanctified.

I am also glad Arroyo brought up what she's said about the struggles of the saints and how holiness is for sinners!
Kacie Hennigan
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Mother Angelica a few months before her passing. I only wish I could have learned about her more through-out my own life. She is so inspiring still today for me. She has a very dry but witty sense of humor. I love all of her books.
Jeanie Mccarthy Pityinger
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and was blessed by it - I could almost hear her voice saying the statements, and things throughout the book. I miss her dearly & thank God for the time He allowed us to get to know her, and her life through her ministry, cds, dvds, books, etc.
Lorraine
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I will be returning to this little book again and again. Done in segments, it is designed so that it can be taken in in small, thoughtful bits. I love Mother Angelica so much, I read it in one go. I'll certainly be rereading, many times.
Anthony
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Packed with valuable life lessons in an east-to-digest format. <3
Olivia
Nov 12, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I love Mother Angelica. Enough to name my daughter after her.......
Laurie
Oct 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Thought provoking, educational, and funny.
Alva
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Words of wisdom

I felt at peace reading this book. She "spoke" to me personally in this book. Thank you for writing it.
Linda
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quick snipets of her wisdom and insight. Made me laugh and made me think. More importantly, it strengthened my faith.
Helen
This is a wonderful book for Christians toi read! It explains how to implement aspects of Christianity, such as prayer, self-sacrifice, and trust in God.
Kaycee Monnens
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book will forever reside on my nightstand in case of emergency. EVERYONE should have this book. Mother Angelica is the saint for our times. Ora pro nobis, Mother ...more
Kurt Geisel
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
That's an awful lot of timeliness wisdom packed into so few straight-shooting words. This would work well as a devotional--something you could take powerful yet small doses of on a daily basis.

If you're familiar with her television show, you'll find more than a redux here. Arroyo canvasses deeper and uncovers material from Mother's early pamphlets and teachings given to her sisters as far back as the 1950s. There are new perspectives here not cut in the same style as the impromptu call-in
Bill
Mar 12, 2009 rated it liked it
This is a book I normally would never have considered reading but it was a Christmas present and surprisingly enough I liked it. The book is filled with short sayings about practical everyday living and about a persons true place in the scheme of things. Obviously the book comes off with a catholic point of view but the whole read rings very very true.
Erin
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mother Angelica takes a down-to-earth approach to faith. I enjoyed her messages and stories. Many made me laugh out loud. Highly recommended to those trying to find their way who don't enjoy things too preachy or too sunny.
Herb
Dec 09, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: christianity
I just love this woman. She's cute and very tough at the same time and this is an enjoyable book of quotes and, yes, even witticisms from this fun nun. A good read.
Barbara J.
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
So many quotable passages. Lots of wisdom packed in this little volume.
Marilyn
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every quote in this book is meaningful and deep and invites/requires much pondering over. A book worth buying a savoring in little mouthfuls.
Massanutten Regional Library
Janet, Grottoes patron, July 2016, 5 stars:

This is a great little volume of commentary on Scriptures of Jesus. They are funny, practical and worth reading them.
Stephanie  Harchar
May 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I know the Golden rule but she points out how and why it is important to use it towards a higher purpose. I have to say that Mother Angelica uses humor to show human in all of us.
Dawn Meyers
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This little book is broken into chapters, and nice little paragraphs of quotes and insights from Mother Angelica. Good to read in little snippets.
Sharon
Jan 31, 2013
Sandra Wehrman
Sep 19, 2007

• Why I Am Catholic (and You Should Be Too)
  • The Lamb's Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth
  • Being Home: Discovering the Spiritual in the Everyday
  • Alcoholics Anonymous
  • Quilts from the House of Tula Pink: 20 Fabric Projects to Make, Use and Love
  • Brother Eagle, Sister Sky
  • How Al-Anon Works
  • Knitting Heaven and Earth: Healing the Heart with Craft
  • Scandinavian Gatherings: From Afternoon Fika to Midsummer Feast: 70 Simple Recipes & Crafts for Everyday Celebrations
  • The Prayer Shawl Companion: 38 Knitted Designs to Embrace, Inspire, and Celebrate Life
  • Spiritual Progress: Becoming the Christian You Want to Be
  • The Knitting Answer Book, 2nd Edition: Solutions to Every Problem You’ll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You’ll Ever Ask
  • Hello, Crochet Friends!: Making Art, Being Mindful, Giving Back: Do What Makes You Happy
  • Clearing the Clutter for Good Feng Shui
  • Courage to Change
  • Happiness Is a Choice You Make: Lessons from a Year Among the Oldest Old
  • How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life
Mother Mary Angelica of the Annunciation, PCPA (born Rita Antoinette Rizzo; April 20, 1923 – March 27, 2016), usually known as Mother Angelica, was an American Franciscan nun best known as a television personality and the founder of both the internationally-broadcast cable television network Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN) and the radio network WEWN.

In 1981, Mother Angelica started