Start by marking “Shades of Pink” as Want to Read:

Shades of Pink

As you may know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For this occasion, 33 authors have allied for 1 cause: fundraising for research. Their gift to everyone who makes a donation? A romance anthology (ebook) titled Shades of Pink, totaling over 200.000 words / about 500 pages as a PDF.

This anthology has 33 short stories, all connected through the running theme of Pink
ebook
Published October 1st 2013 by Kallysten (first published September 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Shades of Pink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shades of Pink

Jennifer Kyle
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
description

I would highly recommend purchasing this book because it’s a great cause and secondly, it’s Jack of course!

description

Whether your Team Ramsey, John or Jack this story is not to be missed. I absolutely loved Jack’s pov, he struggles with his long distance, comfortable relationship, with Danielle. P.S. He sure can’t handle water works.

”Danielle thought it was cute and funny, and Jack thought it sounded like a slow painful death.”

Lexi more than catches Jack’s eye in this story. She really embodies everyth
Leslie
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I used to be a die hard Ramsey girl... nothing could make me change. Then after taking a step back, relooking and reevaluating things, I jumped back to the Jack/dark side!!!

After reading his POV from when they first met, I am firmly a member of the Jack Pack. He is messed up, scared of real love and committment so he settles to stay safe. He has always settled for the safe girl that doesn't really make him FEEL. But with Lexi, he knows from the beginning she is different.... she is the one and
K.A. Linde
Sep 22, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: romance
The First Time Jack Meets Lexi
Avoiding Commitment, Jack's POV
(Avoiding, #1.5)

I included this as a part of this anthology. Here is the blurb:

Jack and Lexi never had a typical relationship. In the bestselling novel, Avoiding Commitment, you find out why. There are two sides to every story, and Lexi doesn’t even know this one. Get inside Jack’s head in this never before seen short story—the first time he meets Lexi.

All proceeds benefit breast cancer research!
Zizz
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I HAVE NO CLUE WHY THIS POV CONVERTED SOME TO TEAM JACK

Jack's POV shows us what we all already know: Jack is spineless. He couldn't even break it off with his girlfriend - because she gave him a blow job, had lots of sex with her and employed "tears" at that moment. With Lexi, Jack is worse - he is a spineless bastard.

FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE THINK LEXI AND JACK ARE SOULMATES. I'm not trying to rile up something or people here. I JUST HONESTLY DON'T UNDERSTAND.

For m
Smitten's Book Blog
Sep 16, 2013 marked it as to-read
★ BOOK NEWS ★
33 authors. 1 cause.

Ladies! October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

33 of your favourite authors have pulled together to create this fabulous romance anthology of short stories to raise money for cancer research.

The woman in charge of the project, 'Kallysten', says...
"The genres featured are contemporary, YA, fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal and historical. Most stories feature a M/F relationship, but we have a couple menages and M/M stories. The rating go from sweet (n
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
I only read two stories in this Anthology:

Olivia by Madeline Sheehan - 4 stars:

I really enjoyed this and would love a full length story. It was a bit sad but I loved how it ended. Especially the impact of the name. And I want to know more about this drummer!

Avoiding Commitment (Jack's POV) by K.A. Linde - 4 stars:

I cannot wait for the last book so I was happy to have this in the meantime. It was great reading about the affect Lexi had on Jack even though I didn't like how he couldn't break free
FIVE FABULOUS JACK STARS!!!!!! ❤❤❤❤

photo image_zpsb23cbdb8.jpg

Oh my god, Kyla Linde, did not disappoint with this POV from Jack.
It takes place when Jack and Lexi first meet in college.
I had butterflies in my stomach while reading it.

These two were meant to be together and this is the Jack I fell in love with.
This is the guy who is Swoonworthy to the millionth degree!!!

He took one last look at the girl seated at the table across from him. When he stared at her, he felt the same stirring in his body that he'd had when she
Katie (GTBC)
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was afraid to read this story written from Jack's POV. I was completely content in my anger at the Jackass. Like everyone else I was routing for Jack until the end of Avoiding Commitment. See he kept letting me down and I was beginning to like Ramsey a little more. In the last chapter I had decided I didn't want Lexi with either. Bekah had me convinced both were snakes. Then came Avoiding Responsibility and Ramsey won my heart again. By the last page Jack had became Jack "the coward" Howard an ...more
Michelle
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing

So I know it's like breaking the girl code, but I just can't let myself let go of hope for a Lexi & Jack HEA. Especially after seeing their early days from his point of view. Jack sees her, there is something about her that just draws him in. But he knows it's wrong, but even a few seconds with her can't be wasted. And seeing just how much he fights the idea of something feeling real and strong - makes me love him even more.

He can't commit, but that's not all it is. He has long term relation
Gwen ~the Book Diva
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
JACK! I HATE YOU SO MUCH and I LOVE YOU SO HARD!
crying photo: crying crying.gif

Gah!! Why? Why did I read this!!! I thought I had gotten over him and accepted that there was no hope for him! What did I call him... "a weaselly little douche" but NOOOO, I had to go and open up a healing wound! We were reminded of Coffee Shop Jack...I mean COFFEE SHOP JACK for crying out loud!! Ugh, I hate him for what he's done but I am always hoping for his redemption. I am not Team Ramsey but I understand why he's a better choice but still,
.chel.
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ughhhhhh!!!!!

Seriously? Jack's POV makes me so mad. Obviously, he really cares for Lexi but come on, we all know who he ends up choosing in the end. It's been awhile since I've read Avoiding Commitment and I thought I've moved on, apparently not.

Merged review:

Although I liked some stories more than others. It was all for a good cause.
Lariza
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge
Oh Jack, Jack, Jack you are trying to take me to the dark side!!! But alas, as tempting as that is I am still 100% Team Ramsey and rooting for his and Lexi’s HEA!!! Reading Jack’s POV was enlightening, all those times while reading AC where I was thinking “Jack what is wrong with you??" are answered. Jack is a lost soul, letting his fears get in the way of possible true love and taking the easy road. Oh Jacky boy you are hopeless, but I still have a soft spot for you and all your antics!! In the ...more
Rosalind Seese
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
God I love Jack.....SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHH! I have always been Team Jack from day one, I just got him. Even without this POV I felt like I understood MOST of his actions. There was only one scene in the previous two book that totally threw me for a loop (I don't even know what to say about that scene) but THIS POV just proves that my faith in him was correct. I love how K.A. Linde added the whole if I lost control I would throw her up against a wall!!!! hahaha <3 I CAN NOT WAIT until Dec 10 ...more
T.
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This review is based on an ARC copy. Allowances have been made for errors in the draft that should be corrected in the final anthology.

Of course I'm giving it a 5- this is a collection of donated stories for a breast cancer awareness gift with donation thru Kallysten's blog via the stayclassy (dot) org link. The stories range from sweet to kinky, contemporary to sci-fi, and established series characters to stand alone written-for-this-anthology stories.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS.........TEAM JACK.............THAT IS ALL! ❤❤ <|b>
Pam
Sep 27, 2013 marked it as next-na-steamy-goodness
Recommends it for: Everyone :)
Shelves: freebie, gr-down-low

Such an amazing way to support Breast Cancer Research, make your donation today:

Kallysten, spearheaded this wonderful project and brought together 33 authors who prepared a gift for everyone who donated.

"As you may know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For this occasion, 33 authors have allied for 1 cause: fundraising for research. Their gift to everyone who makes a donation? A romance anthology (ebook) titled Shades of Pink, totaling over 200.
Kristin L.
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is an amazing collaboration of stories! Author Kallysten has put together 33 authors, each with very different takes on the color pink, and put it together in an effort to raise money for breast cancer research. I have so enjoyed reading through all of the different stories! There is truly something for everyone! A few of my favorite authors have such stories as Laura Hunsaker's "Highland Eclipse", a time-traveling journey to Scotland. Or T. Hammond's story "In Love With Teresa March" which ...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
Sep 15, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
I have a short Time Travel romance called Highland Eclipse in this anthology:

As a member of an elite Time Ops team, Declan Wallace and his
fellow Eclipse Agents keep the timeline in order. But what happens when
he jumps back in time and meets the woman of his dreams? Staying in the
past is forbidden, but Fiona McClure is his destiny.

You can grab a copy of the anthology between Oct 1st-Nov 15th, by donating at http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise?f...
(Suggested donation: $5)

For more details about the
Rach
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: AC series readers
Shelves: have-to-read, m-f, series
After searching high and low for this and needing to see things from Jack's POV I was sadly disappointed :(

I was expecting it to be so different :( But at least it provided some insight although I would have loved it to be a different scene. But I guess K. A. Linde did this to torture her readers even more hahahahaha!
Kelli Spear
*sigh*

I loved this... it reminded me of the early days when I loved Jack and only wanted him and Lexi together. It was nice to get into his head. We obviously had no idea what he was thinking. I at least was a bit at peace to know he truly felt something for her at one point.

HOWEVER, this does NOT mean I want him to end up with Lexi. Regardless of how sweet he comes across here, his future actions prove what a douche he is. I just can't let go or forget those things. It's truly a shame because
Cristin
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 It is no secret that I am a huge fan of the Avoiding Series....it is also no secret that I'm a Team Ramsey girl....That being said, I do understand Jack and all of his Jackassness (yes, you heard right)......but regardless of how he truly feels about Lexi, his actions just don't back those feelings up. I enjoyed reading this b/c hey it's one of my fav series, but I was really longing for some insight into some of Jack's more " Jackassery" moments. Ya know the downright douchebag moments....o ...more
Pam
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, set-aside
I bought Shades of Pink just so I could get Jack's POV. I loved it. I am still not a fan of Jack, but I would love to read more from his POV.

Merged review:

Besides the fact that proceeds from this book go towards breast cancer research, the main reason I purchased this was for the K.A. Linde story, and it was well worth it.

5 stars to Jack's POV. I want more.
3 stars to Olivia. That was, um, interesting.
3 stars to One More Bloom.
4 stars to Love and Other Silly Emotions
4 stars to The Pink Ribbon
Zoe
Sep 15, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
I have a short story called "See Me" in this collection - it stands on its own as a sweet and sexy moment of realization between best friends, but it also hints at a future possible serial (because, ya know, *reasons*). This is the only opportunity to meet Ember and Gage in 2013. Easy decision to pick this up when all it costs is a suggested donation directly to the breast cancer charity of your choice, and what you get is a mega anthology from 33 awesome authors.
Vivian Dominguez
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Only got one thing to say....TEAM JACK!!!! 4everrrrrr!!!

Sry Ramsey lovers...I'm a sucker for bad boys cuz they always make u work for it...Their true feelings are like an exotic treasure u need to dig for...so much more fulfilling in the end!!!...

Can't wait to dig more in Avoiding Decisions (Avoiding, #1.5) by K.A. Linde

;-)
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I don't know what I think. I think that way too much has happened for that little bit inside his head made any difference. Don't get me wrong, I am 100% Team Jack but, I need more. I have never doubted his feelings, he is just freaking stupid. This kinda just reinforced it. Stupid, stupid Jack. If he doesn’t get redeemed in the next book I just don’t know what I will do. Team Jack.
CeCe
Oct 03, 2013 marked it as to-read
Great cause. Check it out.

Lisa
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't know how Jack went from this to total tool.
Miep at The Review Loft
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was the perfect insight into Jack's head when he first met Lexi. A guys POV is very hard to do and I can say that K.A Linde did a perfect job allowing us to see Lexi through his eyes when they first met. This book is not about being a Jack, Ramsey or Mystery Man fan and I doubt anyone who is team Ramsey or Mystery Man will jump ship to team Jack from this short story. What it will do is give you insight into why Jack is Jack. As a MAJOR fan of the Avoiding Series I can say that this sh ...more
Jessica's Book Review
It was nice to get into Jack's head but I would have liked to have gotten into his head later in life, like when Jack is dating Bekah and Lexi re-enters his life.

This is from the scene of meeting Lexi to dating her while in college and only for a brief time. This is really short. I am Team Jack but this did not do him any justice because it did not make him look good.... with that said. It was a treat to read and the money went to a good cause.

description

Stay connected with my reviews, book news and more:
B
Eva Mack
Oct 02, 2013 rated it liked it
While I enjoyed reading things from Jack's perspective... this changed nothing about my feelings for him. IMO, he is still a weak, selfish tool and Lexi can do better. Though she was evil incarnate, Bekah was right, all Lexi could ever be to Jack is the other woman. He's proven this over and over... I am so confused as to why so many women are team Jack. I'm like, did you READ the story??? Sheesh!
Can Someone help? 4 27 Jul 11, 2014 10:51AM
Apocalypse Whenever: Shades of Pink, a huge romance anthology (and a great deal) 7 30 Nov 02, 2013 06:19AM
  • Avoiding Decisions (Avoiding, #1.5)
  • Stories for Amanda
  • Broken Road (Back to Brooklyn, #3)
  • Gray Lies
  • Late Night with Andres
  • Captivating (Beautiful Rose, #2)
  • Falling Stars (Thompson Sisters, #1.5)
  • Pink Shades of Words: Walk 2014
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Reaching Gavin (Good Girls Don't, #3)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Untitled (Honor, #6)
  • Compliance (Heart of Fame - Stage Right #2)
  • Anything for the Man of the House: Ten Brats who Learn how to Behave (Shameless Book Bundles 5)
  • Covered In Lace: The Lacey Sheridan Story (Sheet Music, #2)
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • Ashes of Redemption (Burning, #3)
  • Twisted Arrangement 4 (Twisted, #4)