Start by marking “Princess Baby, Night-Night” as Want to Read:
Princess Baby, Night-Night

Princess Baby, Night-Night

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  179 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Poor Princess Baby. It’s bedtime, but she isn’t sleepy in this adorable follow-up to the first Princess Baby book. After all, there is so much a princess baby needs to do. PJs need to be put on, toys need to be put away, the perfect book needs to be chosen, and her beloved subjects need to brush their teeth! It’s a very busy time in Princess Baby’s room. Young readers will ...more
Published February 25th 2014 by Schwartz & Wade (first published January 13th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Princess Baby, Night-Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess Baby, Night-Night

Christy Stewart
Oct 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, reviewed
This book promotes lying to authority and sleeping with multiple partners.

5 stars.
Susan
Oct 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
My favorite thing about this book - I read it to Lola once, and she immediately went to her room and got to work setting up all her stuffed animals with books, just like on one page of the book. It was so cute! I took pictures. And then she took each of the animals and put a little blankie on them like on a different page.
Felicia Moore
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
super cute like reading it to baby girl
kim
not as cute as the original
Cecily V
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mommy is worried that this book will make me naughty, but Daddy thinks it will just make me creative!
Mehjabeen
The bold colours and illustrations did it for me. I think this would work best with the winding down part of the day, convincing a child it's time to brush up, change into their pyjamas and that it can be !! fun!! It's an exciting book in that way, I can even imagine reading it as one's precious is putting away the toys, brushing his/her teeth, washing their face, changing, getting tucked into bed. Or else at bedtime story proper!

It could work as a storytime but I'm of the thought it'd work bes
Bonnie Ferrante
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This picture book is for the very young. Little girls who are obsessed with princesses will love it. Parents ask a question such as, “Princess Baby, did you wash your face?” The little girl generally does as her parents’ request, but spends much of her time including her stuffed toys in her bedtime ritual.

The pictures are bright, full-color page illustrations. The characters have tiny facial features and happy smiles.

After the little girl falls asleep on the floor, her parents lift her into bed
jacky
I took this out of the library to read to Natalie because of the princess. We some times kid that she is a princess because we feel like we give her everything she wants (not that she asks for all that much). It wasn't the best book for reading to her at this age. I thought she might like the sparkles, but she wasn't that interested in look at it. The story was cute. It really emphasized the art of not exactly lying through omission, which I'm not sure is a great thing for a children's book. Ove ...more
Meg McGregor
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-lexi
One of my favorite books to read at night time!

A wonderful book for your little princess as she will be reminded the steps to her bedtime routine!

A sweet story - that shows the love a little one can have for all her snuggly friends - this book is sure to stay a favorite of your little princess.
Michelle
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Princess Baby, Night-Night by Karen Katz
We reread this to my 3 y.o. niece daily at our house just before she has to take a nap. The storyline and character is just like her, so there's no wonder that she loved this book. And the pictures are great and it's a very short read. Perfect for the one naptime/ bedtime story.
Hannah
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
PB 22
This is a very sweet story about a child getting ready for bed. I really like the simple conversation that goes on between the child and the adult. It is very simplified, yet very understandable. The questions that are asked in the story are questions that I'm sure many children get asked every night before bed. This story has value in simply being a good night time read for kids.
Erin
Feb 04, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
I confess I love Karen Katz so I have a bit of bias. I love her illustrations. This is a sweet and simple book for very young children about the bedtime ritual - except princess baby does it herself before her parents come in to kiss her goodnight.
Kristen
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
This was a cute book. I didn't realize it was Karen Katz, who creates all the fun baby flip books too, until I started reading it last night. It was a cute book. But my daughter didn't like it when we said "shhh" as the baby was going to sleep. lol
Meg McGregor
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-lexi

A sweet story that shows the love a little one can have for all her snuggly friends - this book is sure to stay a favorite of your little princess.
Trina
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gift from Nonna in heavy rotation in our house. Someone loves this , despite her mothers (apparently futile)attempts to avoid the princesses.
Chris
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Cute pictures, especially with the gold crown and shoes, but didn't love the book.
Megan
I like the Charlie Brown-esque way that the parents are drawn so that you don't see their heads until the final page. Also, Princess Baby's crown is very awesome and sparkly.
Sara
December 2011
Rachael
Karen Katz has yet to disappoint me! This book is really sweet, like all of her others. As always, the illustrations are amazing to me.
Geni
Jun 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
bedtime lessons
Maggie
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: molly-books
A good book for a 2 year old that likes to stall. Molly could relate to some of the routines that Princess Baby goes through to get to bed.
Michelle
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Karen Katz's illustrations :-)
Tricia
i should be tiring of the princess baby books...but i'm not. love the glittery crown and appealing illustrations highlighting baby's disregard for bedtime.
The Library Lady
Sweet as sugar like all Karen Katz books--though that's not necessarily a compliment in MY book ;)
Keshia
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andrew loved this book.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
the baby's mother wanted her to get ready for bed and everything her mom asked her to do, she did for her dolls. Then she finally fell asleep. A.R.
Leah
  • Grumpy Gloria
  • Lola Loves Stories
  • Sleepy ABC
  • Five Little Monkeys Reading in Bed
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
Karen Katz has written and illustrated many books for children, including The Colors of Us, Can You Say Peace, My First Ramadan, Counting Kisses and Where is Baby's Belly Button. Long inspired by folk art from around the world, she was inspired to write her first book, Over the Moon, when she and her husband adopted their daughter from Guatemala, and she wanted to tell the story of welcoming Lena ...more
More about Karen Katz...