Start by marking “Starlight's Edge” as Want to Read:
Starlight's Edge

Starlight's Edge

(Timedance #2)

Zee has given up her entire world to be with David on far-future Earth, confident that their love will overcome all obstacles. But beneath its lustrous surface and dazzling technology, New Earth is full of challenges, including the animosity of David's wealthy and powerful family.

As Zee struggles to find her place, David travels back to past Earth. Then, on a mission to Po
Published August 19th 2014 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published August 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Starlight's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starlight's Edge

Start your review of Starlight's Edge
Kimberly Francisco
As was the case with the first book, this had a fascinating premise and a complete mess of an execution.
Nicole
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liza folgt ihrer großen Liebe David ins Jahr 3738 nach Neu-Erde.  Die Welt, wie Liza sie kannte wurde durch eine Serie von Meteoriteneinschlägen zerstört und nur Menschen, die dies nicht überlebt haben dürfen in die Zukunft reisen, denn die anderen sind für den Aufbau der neuen Welt unverzichtbar und müssen bleiben. Doch auch diese neue Welt birgt ihre Gefahren und Herausforderungen.

Das Buch war sehr leicht zu lesen obwohl es sich um einen Fortsetzungsband handelt und mir der erste Teil unbekan
Silver Petticoat
Julia Van Dyke
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book was a cute sequel to Neptune’s Tears. The story had me flying through the pages, and the author’s descriptions are clear and vivid. The story was very much about Zee as the superhero and all about lessons learned. My only complaint is that the set up for the actual story on the back flap took up more than 2/3 of the book. Although the set up is very interesting, it still felt like most of the action was the last 70 pages and, therefore, the ending didn’t feel nearly as built-up as the ...more

Starlight's Edge is the second book in Susan Waggoner's Timedance series and I can't review it without including spoilers for the first book so please don't continue reading this review if you haven't already read Neptune's Tears.

At the end of the first book we saw Zee agree to leave everything - her home, her family and her friends - behind to travel 1,500 years into the future to be with David. She knows that her journey to New Earth can only ever be one way and that she will never be
Queenielyn
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starlight's Edge is one of the books I've been wanting to read and so excited to read about! I never thought today is THE day I would finally get to read this book! Perfect timing! I've been waiting for the right moment for like an eternity to read this book and now it's here. It has been worth the wait to be honest!

Starlight's Edge narrates the story of Zee McAdams as she fully dedicate herself to come home with David Sutton's world called New Earth. Little did she know that New Earth is utterl
Nadine Sko
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erster Satz:
''Du musst das nicht tun, das weißt du.'' David stand hinter ihr und legte die Arme um Lizas Taille, als sie am Spülbecken die Müslischale abwusch.

Schreibstil:
Auch hier wieder interessant geschrieben, man könnte denken die Autorin wäre selbst in der Zukunft gewesen.

Cover:
Hier wurde nicht viel verändert, ich persönlich finde es besser wenn es nicht zuviel Veränderungen gibt zu den vorherigen Bänder.

Meine Meinung:
Liza bekommt nun die Erlaubnis mit David in das Jahr 3738 zu reisen, dor
Jacklyn (ReadingBliss)
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own-read
It wasn’t exceptional, but it was fantastic! A solid 4 star rating for me. Quick paced, details of what you would expect from a scifi oriented tale that make you love the science fiction realm of it all, and more world building. This half of the duology was a drastic improvement in character depth and story development with a writing style that claimed more of a reader's emotional investment. However, don't get your hopes up for a complete 180* into a deep, psychological brain twist because this ...more
Erin
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Starlight's Edge is the second book in the Timedance series. At the end of the first book Zoe has decided to give up everything to be with David including moving to far-future Earth. She is confident that love will overcome all. In book two we get to explore the far future Earth which is very fascinating with the technology and customs. The book even time travels to Pompeii.

A quick read even for us that don't usually like science fiction.
Jenn
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
(apologies for incoherency...this is a 1:30am post after the longest work week ever...someone remind me to edit this in a couple days?)

This would have been a 3.5 or even a 3.75 until the invasion of Pompeii. I was able to look past the instalove incident from Neptune's Tears because this future world, and Zee's immigrant story, were interesting...especially as Zee struggled to find her purpose in life (aside from being in love).

And then Pompeii.
Gabrielle
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
I decided to read this book because I was expecting there would be more to the story of the first book. I didn't like the first book and I was hoping that this second book would make it better. I was disappointed. It was more of the same. There was no development of anything. Considering the book's length I normally would have finished it in one sitting, but there wasn't enough interest for me to keep reading until the end.
Mel
Jun 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this in a few short hours, which was the main problem. The plot seemed rushed and nothing was explained very well. I didn't think this added anything to Zee and David's story. Not a patch on Neptune's Tears.
Kristyana Denise
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Melissa Hammel
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Sequel

I finished Neptune's Tears and couldn't wait to read this. Was so good and the history woven into time travel, plus some mystery. Made this book unputdownable
Kay
Jan 26, 2019
Autumn Mashburn
Jan 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Trust Me, I'm Trouble (Trust Me, #2)
  • Black Like Me
  • Dead Girls Society
  • The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • Coda (Coda, #1)
  • The Book of Speculation
  • Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful
  • Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life (Dork Diaries, #1)
  • Tuck Everlasting
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • The One and Only Ivan
  • Leon's Story
  • The Hero Twins: Against the Lords of Death [a Mayan Myth]
  • Home of the Brave
  • The Diamond of Darkhold (Book of Ember, #4)
  • Copper Sun
  • Serendipity and Me

Timedance (2 books)
  • Neptune's Tears (Timedance, #1)