Start by marking “Redemption (Forgiven, #2)” as Want to Read:
Redemption (Forgiven, #2)

Redemption

(Forgiven #2)

I am not what I have done. I am what I have overcome. And once I have faced my problems, only then will I find redemption.

Josh Walker and Lauren Pierce are opposites in every way. While Lauren is a committed student and girlfriend, Josh is a player with a very twisted moral compass…

Or is he?

Growing up with an addict for a father, Josh experienced disappointment from an ea
Published February 11th 2014 (first published February 10th 2014)

Start your review of Redemption (Forgiven, #2)
An ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Redemption is Book #2 in the Forgiven Series. I did not read Book # 1, Forgiven, because this story revolves around a different couple. With that said, I would strongly suggest reading the series in order.

This book is Josh and Lauren's story. They attend the same college, where Lauren is a Sophomore and star pitcher on the softball player, and Josh is a Junior and football player (we never see him play the game or practice, but
Jennifer Wolfel
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was fortunate to read these books almost back to back since I hadn't read Forgiven previously. I have to say that I was impressed with the writing in both books. Both books had unique aspects that made these books stand apart from the rest.

I was anxious to read Josh's story since we knew a little about his background but not really the details of the life he lived. Both Josh and Lauren have equally crappy pasts and terrible relationships with their fathers. This helps them form a bond, its the
Athena
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Given by the author for an honest review

Redemption is an exceptional and fantastic read…It’s powerful and emotional, unpredictable and complicated..

It’s really the perfect sequel to a perfect debut, Forgiven, and a perfect part of a book series that is already captivating and unforgettable….

I was extremely ecstatic, when Rebecca asked me to be a beta-reader for her book…I adore Forgiven (it’s one of my all-time favorites) , but I have come to love Rebecca, as well..And you’ll wonder now “How can
Samantha Larkin
Jul 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
I skimmed to the end....I'm sure others would love it but it just wasn't for me! ...more
Page Turning Book Junkie
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided to blog for honest review on bloc tour* For your next fix: http://www.pageturningbookjunkie.blog...

[image error] photo redemptionteaser_zps6461e75a.jpeg

4 out of 5 Passionate, Fighting for Love, Tender Stars!

Charming, easy read...filled with tender moments and some hot tension.What a touching tale of two lost souls that end up helping each other find their way. This is the second book in the Forgiving Series. I didn't read the first book, but you don't necessarily have to read it since this book is the story of two differ
Heather
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Josh Walker is a ladies man. He wasn't one for relationships. Josh didn't lead the ladies on, they knew exactly what he wanted...sex, nothing more, nothing less. That was until he laid eyes on a gorgeous girl at his best friend, Angie's surprise 21st birthday party. The moment he laid eyes on her, he needed to introduce himself to her.

While Lauren was mingling among friends, she couldn't help but stare at the six foot two drop dead gorgeous guy across the room from her. It seems like they were
Red Cheeks Reads
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Redemption is the second book in the Forgiven series by Rebecca Brooke. Although part of a series this book can be read as a standalone. Redemption is a story about how if something is really important you can change the pattern of your life. In Redemption, both Josh and Lauren have to overcome the troubles they had at home and in other relationships that can make it hard for them to trust in a relationship.
If you read Rebecca’s first book, Forgiven, you will remember that Josh is Caleb’s best f
Chrissy
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review.

HOLY CRAP THIS BOOK IS AMAZING! I absolutely loved Forgiven, but Redemption, I loved 10000x more! This is the second book in Rebecca Brooke’s Forgiven series, but can be read as a stand alone.

In Redemption we meet Josh and Lauren. We know Josh from Forgiven as Caleb’s roommate, and Redemption picks up where the story in Forgiven left off, but following Josh and Lauren instead of Angie and Caleb.

Josh as we all know is the man whore on campus an
Chu
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Opposite attracts. Lauren and Josh had proved it once again. While Josh is the ultimate player who sleeps around different girls daily, Lauren is a saint – she’s a diligent student, a great athlete and a loyal girlfriend.

But the moment she was cheated on by her douche of an ex-boyfriend, she decided to live a little.

They go to the same school, with the same set of friends, but never really saw each other until that party – and the attraction was just intens
Jacqueline
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it
***Arc provided through Fiona's Book Reviews in return for my honest opinion***

This is the second in a series about the same group of characters, this time concentrating on the story of Lauren and Josh. It can be read as a standalone - and I read it that way - but I feel like I missed out on the character history and at the very beginning of the book I found keeping track of who was who a little tricky. I'm sure anyone who did the sensible thing and read the books in order would have the charact
Sleepless in Chicago
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I first started reading this book, I was a little bit confused trying to keep track of all of the characters and how they related to each other. I didn't read the first book, Forgiven before reading Redemption, but I don't feel it is necessary to follow this story. I definitely want to pick up the first book, because from what they mentioned, that story does sound interesting. I would also like more insight to the relationship between this group of friends.

This story follows Josh and Laure
Sherry
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclosure: ARC received from author in exchange for honest review. All opinions are my own.

4.5 Sweet Stars

Forgiven (Book 1) was written as part of the Forgiven series but can be read as a stand alone with a HEA. The same can be said for Redemption (Book 2).

Redemption by Rebecca Brooke is Josh and Lauren’s story. If you read Forgiven, you’ll remember that Josh was Caleb’s best friend and had secrets that he hadn’t shared by the end of the book. Well, we find out all of Josh’s secrets in Redempti
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
I’ve seen lots of positive reviews of this book, and here’s another one coming from me. This is the second book in the Forgiven series and once again, Rebecca Brooke made me weep.

Josh has had a messy childhood, didn’t bode well with a drug addicted father and grew up to be a ladies man. Every night, different girls warm his bed. Every night, every girl is just the same – a f^ck buddy. Until he met Lauren during Angie’s birthday party. Lauren also had childhood demons, in the form of a cheating f
Lucie Paris
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it

A pleasant romance.

It could have been like all stories set at College but for once, I found quite mature characters. A clan of friends, maybe a little too nice and closed bound for real life but it gives a sense of friendly cohesion and family. A nice feeling!

The story is interesting in the way people put label on you. Right or wrong, the denomination will follow you and get difficult to dispose of. You'll be stuck up.

Regarding Josh, his playboy attitude that evaporates after just one
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
I have been looking forward to this book, and Rebecca did NOT disappoint. I loved Josh in Forgiven, and was trilled to see he was getting his own book.

Josh is your typical tattooed man-whore that is common in these books. When he meets Lauren, who has just caught her boyfriend cheating on her, at Angie's surprise birthday party, they have an instant attraction. They drink, dance and flirt all night. Josh wants Lauren, but he doesn't do relationships. Will Josh change his ways to win over Lauren
Heather andrews
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh Josh you're such a guy, "hot and an athlete? How have I not met this girl before tonight?" Interesting," I mused." Lauren she's not one to mince words around, "apparently you're known for your one-night stands." I choked on the beer in my mouth. This girl was blunt." Josh he has some morals when it comes to Lauren, "her hands moved off my thigh to wrap around my shoulder and fist in my hair. My tongue danced with hers and I felt my di** surge. Oh hell no, I was not having sex in this car." He ...more
Tina Stadig-Lewis
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I didn't read Forgiven and fortunately these are written so they can be stand-alones. (I will be reading it though)

This was a well written story. Josh has demonds he needs to face, his father left when he was young for the pain pills that brought him happiness. Because of that Josh doesn't have relationships, he is the one night stand type.

Lauren also has her demonds, her dad choose his secretary over her and her mom, then continually choose money and status over anything to do with Lauren.

From
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
This book was an emotional rollercoaster about two people who were looking for more past their bad family life. Lauren was sweet, kind, strong, but also weak in some affects due to family life. Josh redeemed himself in this book from his man whore ways. There was a twist in this book I didn't see coming and the end had me in the edge of my seat. The epilogue was so sweet and I can't wait to see glimpses of their relationship in future books. I can't wait for Andrew and Emily's book. I wonder wha ...more
Taisheena Rayne
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Redemption by Rebecca Brooke

This is the second book in the series and also the second I have read by Rebecca.
This is a story about learning to live after mistakes. To ask for and take redemption. To me it is so a story of forgiveness and I love the way Rebecca presents it.
I like Rebecca’s writing style and her characters. There is dimension to the storyline. I did have a small problem with a few slow spots but it was worth it to keep on reading.
I was gifted this book in exchange for an honest
Anna-marie
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Redemption is the second in the Forgiven series & concentrates on Josh Walker.
Josh has been a ladies man, but his feelings for Lauren Pierce really changes things.
This is a lovely story of a young couple coming to terms with their difficult upbringings & learning to trust & fall in love.
Josh is such a great character, I really enjoyed seeing him change his ways & fall head over heels in love with Lauren. She is such a sweet girl & is absolutely perfect for him.
I highly recommend both books in th
For the Love of Books
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars I liked book one but enjoyed book two more. I loved reading about Josh and getting to know more about him and the secrets he holds. Lauren and Josh have an awesome relationship though its taken a lot of work from both of them to get to the point they are at by the end of the book. This book had some pull your hair out moments and some mouth dropping moments but all in all this was a good read. Look forward to reading more of Rebecca's books.

~Raquel~
Lisa Suzanne
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I had a hard time putting this one down! Josh is ridiculously sexy, and Lauren is a sweet girl. The characters were believable and made decisions that were realistic. I read this as a standalone, but I would recommend reading the first book in the series first so you have a better understanding of the background and friendships. I would definitely recommend this one to anyone who likes college romances.
Lisa Survillas
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Josh is AMAZING!! Lauren is strong. Together they are powerful! I loved this book even more than book 1 in the series. The dynamics of all these friends is amazing though. Brooke's writing appeals to your emotions and draws you into the story. I can't say enough about this book, but I don't want to give anything away!! This series is a must read!! ...more
Juli
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!

Loved Josh and Lauren's story! Ms. Brooke just continued this series with another fantastic book! If you've read Forgiven then you will want to read this one! It was great having glimpses of the other characters from Forgiven! Josh and Lauren are perfect for each other! This book is a must read!
Lisa
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am quickly becoming a huge fan of Rebecca Brooke after reading my second book from her. I was finally glad to see in a book that the woman had to grovel and overcome more issues than the man. Josh is HOT! HOT! HOT! A perfect bad boy. There are some serious issues dealt with in this book that you don't always see in a HEA story. Can't wait to read this author again! ...more
Brandy Rivers
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Josh. Yup, I do. I knew he was my favorite in Forgiven, but this book definitely solidified it.
And I loved Lauren too. Very relateable and strong.
They both have a dirt-bag fathers who could have ruined them, but neither let them tear them apart.
It was a great story of finding redemption through love.
I definitely recommend this book.
Ashley
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free for an honest review. Another awesome book in this series! I was so happy to read a story with Josh! He is such a sweetheart! This book had me from the start and I enjoyed every minute. It broke my heart and gave me butterflies! It made me cry and laugh, which is all I need for a great book.
Sandra Love
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy exchange for an honest review

Rebecca Brooke is a great author. I loved this book and series. The characters were adorable so was the storyline. I hope she writes more in this series. Highly recommended
Amy Davies
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it, had no doubt that u would. Fantastic follow up from Forgiven.

Josh made me fall in love with him, even though in a few times I really wanted to slap him silly. Lauren was sweet girl who fell for the player but after ups & downs turned him around.

Epic job sweets <3
Candice
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a 100% must read. I honestly have to say that I loved this book so much more than the first. Don't get me wrong FORGIVEN was an amazing book. But this one just seem to get to me more. Thank you again Rebecca Brooke for such a wonderful book. <3 ...more

• The Book of Two Ways
  • The Last Flight
  • Your Captivating Love (The Bennett Family, #2)
  • Possession (Possession #1)
  • Dare To Do Me (Cherry Valley #1)
  • Mr. May (Calendar Boys #5)
  • I Saw What You Did: (Today she discovered that her husband is a serial killer) A box set
  • Stay With Me (Last Frontier Lodge, #5)
  • Exposure (East Park, #1)
  • Handsome (Detective Gagon Novel Book 1)
  • Montana Firefighter (Glacier Creek Book 2)
  • Intimate Strangers (Lisa Millar, #1)
  • The Things you find in Rockpools (Rockpools, #1)
  • He Done Her Wrong (Cuddlesack Queens Series #2)
  • Molly Unplanned
  • Layla
  • Rush (The Boys of RDA, #1)
  • This is Falling (Falling, #1)

Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

Rebecca Brooke is the author of the Traded Series, as well as other contemporary and paranormal books. She grew up in the shore towns of South Jersey. She loves to hit the beach, but always with her kindle on hand. She is married to the most wonderful man, who puts up with all of her craziness. Together they have two beautiful children who keep her on her toes. When she

Forgiven (3 books)
  • Forgiven (Forgiven, #1)
  • Healed (Forgiven, #3)