Jump to ratings and reviews

Perfect Sex

With her hyped-up online profile, she attracts 82 eager dates. Could one of them be her Mr Perfect?

‘The author has a great sense of humor and captures the reality of life for many women looking for suitable partners.’ Sandra A Shea

Forty-something divorcee and writer Susie Hamilton decides she's ready to get back into the romance game, so she joins an internet dating agency, under the guise of professional research for a book. By employing the standard online formula of stretching the truth and spreading it on thick, she attracts a horde of admirers and begins an exhausting dating schedule.

The result is plenty of material for her book, but her love life is a series of mishaps and disasters, not to mention a source of amusement and derision for her teenage children.

Will Susie find her Mr Perfect (and maybe even her Mr Perfect Sex) or will she have to make do with Mr-As-?Good-As-It-Gets?

If you’ve ever dabbled in internet dating, or even if you haven’t, you’ll love this romantic comedy about the pitfalls and challenges – and the funny side – of being a middle-aged woman looking for love.

‘This book is a breath of fresh air and I loved the ending. Very powerful and strong.’ Karen’s Book Haven.

Available as an e-book or in print.

227 pages, Kindle Edition

First published July 31, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Robin Storey

8 books21 followers
After many years as a freelance writer, I'm now hooked on fiction writing and love being an indie author. I live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia - beautiful one day, perfect the next - where we complain if the temperature drops to below 14 degrees Centigrade.

I'd love you to come and visit me on my blog http://storey-lines.com/ and if you subscribe to my readers' group (there's a form on the home page) you'll receive a FREE e-book of my comedy crime novel How Not To Commit Murder.

I love connecting with readers and other writers, so come on over to my Facebook page and say Hi. https://www.facebook.com/RobinStoreyw...

My other books are romantic comedy Perfect Sex, an e-book of four short comedy/mystery stories Comedy Shorts, noir romance novella An Affair With Danger, memoir Making The Breast Of It - Breast Cancer Stories of Humour and Joy and suspense-noir A Time For Penance.

If you'd like to find out more about these books, you can to go my Amazon Author page http://www.amazon.com/Robin-Storey/e/... or my website. http://storey-lines.com/my-novels/

As you can see, I love writing in a variety of genres. After writing An Affair With Danger, I realised how much I enjoy writing edgy, suspenseful stories with flawed characters who are often the underdogs and frequently don't act like heroes.

My latest novel A Time For Penance, published in May 2017, is about a woman who travels 20 years back in time to undo a murder she committed.

I'm a certified book nerd (too many books, not enough time!) and am a useful team member on quiz nights for the literary questions - but not much else. When I'm not writing or reading, I enjoy hiking and chilling out at the beach, which is five minutes drive from my home.

My partner and I walked the full Camino Frances pilgrimage across northern Spain in September 2016. It was a life-changing experience which will satisfy my appetite for adventure for a long time.

Although I have attended many workshops and seminars over the years on various aspects of creative writing, the one thing that I believe has been of the most value to me in my writing is reading a wide variety of books. As well as a good writing critique partner who'll give you honest feedback, which I'm also lucky enough to have.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 stars
1 (7%)
1 star
0 (0%)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.