Start by marking “Because the Night (Night Songs Collection, #1)” as Want to Read:
Because the Night (Night Songs Collection, #1)

Because the Night (Night Songs Collection #1)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  252 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Sex, Blood, and Rock n' Roll.

Immortal Dilemma is the hottest band in the Las Vegas vampire rock scene. They draw insatiable fans from around the globe, thanks to a supernatural attraction called Bloodlust. Tristan craved such an opportunity to fill his empty mortal life, and now he has eternity to earn his place along the legends of rock n roll debauchery.

Callie always fea
Paperback
Published November 5th 2013 by Foreword Literary

To ask other readers questions about Because the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because the Night

Real by Katy EvansDriven by K. BrombergBully by Penelope DouglasCollide by Gail McHughBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Romance Debuts 2013
443 books — 4,136 voters
Goddess of Light by P.C. CastVegas Baby by Winter RenshawShine Not Burn by Elle CaseyLeaving Las Vegas by John  O'BrienThe Nightlife by Travis Luedke
Las Vegas Books
116 books — 116 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was the first person to see this book come to life, but that doesn't make me biased. If I hadn't thought it was a solid idea with legs, I would have told Kristen to move on to some other project.

This book deserves to have been written. It deserves to be a book.

A lover of vampire novels, I always enjoy a new twist on the mythology or the circumstances, and Because The Night gives me that with a band of undead rock stars that rule Vegas in more ways than one. I love Callie, an 18 year old girl
Jillian Marques
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hmmm... Sex, drugs and rock n' roll. Need more? Ok, throw in some vampires. How about some mystery? Murder? Cliffhangers? Lust? Adrenaline? Obsession? Well, there you go. It's all there.

Ever wonder what would happen if vampires were free to roam? So free in fact that they became rock stars in Vegas, groupies and all? I have to say I would never have though to put those three things together (vampires, rock n' roll and Las Vegas) but it gives an interesting and mesmerizing twist to a popular genr
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
Unsurprisingly, I was sucked in by this book's awesome cover and blurb. And, unsurprisingly, this book did not live up to its potential.

"What's cooler than a rock 'n' roll vampire?"

You would think NOTHING could possibly be cooler than combining rock 'n' roll and vampires. In this case, however, you would be quite wrong.

This book did have promise. But there was no depth to it, no character development. The story moved along quickly and shallowly, and despite some heavy subject matter, it ended
Chynna-Blue Scott
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for steam, sex, black glitter and stage lights, Because The Night is right up your alley and then some. The title itself epitomises the book - the characters revolve around the night, and all it entails: from the lust that lives in the shadows of the night, to the pounding beats and resounding guitar riffs that form the rhythm of midnight on the Las Vegas strip.

Callie is innocence dipped in a sexy coating, and when she seeks out Tristan, a friend from the past who's gotten him
Jonel Boyko
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you take sex, drugs, rock & roll, and Las Vegas and combine it with some smexy as sin Vampires? A tale that will keep you hooked and leave you dying for more (pun intended).

While Strassel’s vampires are definitely recognizable as just that, vampires, they are definitely very unique. I really appreciated the twists that she threw in and how well it was developed throughout the story. Although some of the situations in the novel were far removed from reality Strassel deve
Liz Washer
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Twihards/50Shaders will probably have difficulty relating to Callie, the heroine of this delightfully addictive vampiric spin on sexdrugs&rocknroll, and that's a very GOOD thing. Callie is young, but not entirely naive, and in addition to carrying a torch from the ultimate summer romance of days gone by, she's also under the influence of a supernatural pull called bloodlust (the worst, most obsessive infatuation ever, a la drug addiction but, you know, with sex). In other words, she's set up ...more
Kathryn
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Vampires! Vegas! What could go wrong?

Or should I say WHO can go wrong?

For we all know that in Las Vegas during the festive nightlife, anything can happen. And showing up to a sold out Immortal Dilemma concert is just one of those things! For most girls it is a chance to drool over the insatiable gorgeous boys in the band but for 18-year-old Callie (Calliope) it is to stare at one man. Her friend and love interest she grew up with: Tristan the guitar player in the band.

And the man who seems to be
Sarah Michelle
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read romantic books but I thought I'd give this one a try. I'm really glad I did because I really enjoyed it! I can't wait til the next one comes out, I'm dying to know what happens next! Entertaining and sexy.
The Book Trollop
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was asked to read this book and I agreed because I mean it is about vampires and I have a thing for them...
BUT I am very, very picky about my vampire books because lets face it, nothing and no one can top Twilight for me.
SO I don't want people to try... at ALL!!!
Give me something different, give me original, and for fuck sake DO NOT make them shimmer like glitter!!!

So I was a teensy bit hesitant about reading this.
But I am glad I didn't let my hesitance hinder my curiosity.
I really enjoye
Hannah
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
If it’s a guilty pleasure you want, then this novel is it.

Vampires have become a sort of stalemate for me now. Yes, I will admit, during my earlier teen days I was part of the mass hysteria that was Twilight (though I will be quick to point out – I did fall in love with the book in 2005 when it was published!). Then, in recent years, as I grew up, I kinda realized that vampires weren’t all that. And I haven’t really read any more vampire related novels since, with the odd exception.

Then Because
★★Sara Lizzy★★
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
I am not going to go into specifics about the story as I don't want to reveal too much about this book, so I am going to keep this review very short and to the point.

I really wasn't sure about even giving the book 3 stars to be honest. I think, for myself, I was quite generous in that rating.

I really struggled to like the heroine in this book. To me her emotions and affections for the men in the book were all over the place. It was like one minute she really liked one guy and loved him even thou
Laura Hughes
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Because the Night. A new take on vampires and a twisty-turny mystery brings our heroine Callie to Vegas in search of her wayward friend, Tristan. When he dropped out of her life overnight and instantly skyrocketed to stardom in a strange, dark world of vampire-themed rock groups, she didn't realize the vampire aspect was as real as the fans who worship and defend their favorite bands with a crazed zealotry.

Callie does her best to understand what has happened to Tristan, findin
Heather Fleet
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jeez, are you really going to leave me with that ending??? Because yeah, I'm a little broken here!! ;)

In all honesty though, I absolutely adored this book. It was gritty, with a flawed heroine who just couldn't help but become torn with what she wanted and needed. I like girls who fumble through life because seriously, they are the most real to me.

I'm glad I read the prequel first, I will say that. It brought a lot of light to the heroine's actions, if say. So yeah, I'd highly recommend doing t
Melissa Petreshock
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-earcs
If you're looking for a sweet romance, Because the Night is not singing your song. Kristen pulls off writing an adventure of illicit sex, drugs, rock 'n roll, and vampires in a Vegas setting where the plot is shaken, not stirred, and served with more than a few twists.

Because the Night was a quick read I flew through in a single day. My only complaint: I would have liked a slightly more rounded off ending with a subtle lead-in to the next book. The last scene nearly gave me a freaking coronary!
Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector
:O Oh no you didn't leave me hangin like that Kristen :( This book had a little of everything, rockers, vampires, killers & sexy tension in it but full review coming on the blog tour.
Author & Reader Con .
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story is sometimes sweet, many times raw, with drugs, sex and rock and roll all in one.

Callie is a green wet behind the ears daughter of hippies, Tristan is a very rough around the edges Vegas vampire rock super star. So how the heck do these two come together you ask? They know each other from 4 years ago which seems and feels like another time and another place with 2 completely different people. They were both young and innocent (although Tristan was starting to get into drugs then). Cal
Tammy Farrell
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Sex, Blood & Rock N' Roll! I loved it!

Queen of the Damned, meets True Blood, meets The Real World

Because the Night is set in the dark underworld of Las Vegas, where vampires play in rock bands, star in reality shows, and attract groupies crazier than Beliebers. But when Callie arrives to save her ex, Tristan, from himself, she becomes immersed in his world. And things become even more complicated when her new love interest, Blade, steals her heart. Callie quickly learns it’s not easy ju
J.Elizabeth Hill
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Callie's pretty torn between her two men. Blade's solid and dependable. She always knows where she stands with him. Yet she can't resist Tristan, who she went to Vegas to see and help. Tristan is wild and unpredictable and exerts a gravitational pull on Callie she's unable to escape. She cares for both men, even when she knows she shouldn't. I don't want to give any spoilers as to what happens, but she's quickly pulled in over her head with all the vampire politics going on in the city.

Definitel
Jolene Haley
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to come!
Kristen Jett
I need to compose my thoughts. Equals I'll be back to this when I shake my bloodlust.
BUT, OH MY FREAKING CHEESECAKE.

***
What happens when you visit an old flame to help him fix his life only to discover he's dead? Or...undead.
What happens when that flame's still flickering after all this time?
Despite your desire - and feelings- for a normal life, normal life?
Anything's possible when you visit Vegas for a weekend...and never leave.

I've gathered my thoughts and returned. It's been a really long
Thedarkerhalf
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I can’t properly form the words I need right now. That is what a great book Because the Night was. I have read a lot of sci-fi and paranormal romance and I couldn’t tell you exactly how Kristen surprised me but she did! I read the book over the course of 36 hours because it grabbed me and wouldn’t let me go! If you are a fan of paranormal romance this is a must read.

One of the greatest things about this book is the fact that I kind of hated Tristan and then BAM I love him. I just felt for these
Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter by: Vika
Shelves: arc, 2014
I was given an ARC in return for an honest review.

What happens when what you always wanted isn’t even close to what you had pictured?

We met Callie well she is vacationing in Las Vegas and her intentions are to get as close as possible to Tristan. The history behind these two is a bit foggy, but we come to find out that the formed a friendship that impacted them both as the years went by. Callie wants to find out why Tristan walked out of her life to resurface years later as the biggest rockers i
Toni
Vacation in Vegas with your cousin? Why yes, of course.. especially when “the man that got away” lives there, and is in a band performing on a new vampire reality show. Vampire reality show? That’s ridiculous, no? For someone that believes vampires aren’t real, maybe. For Tristan it’s a new way of life.. or death. Can Callie convince Tristan that he needs her just as much as she needs him? Her mission veers off the beaten path. During the first days of their vacation Callie meets Blade at a part ...more
Wild Wordy
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review by Suzie

Vampires rocking!!

Vampires, Rock N Roll, sex, drugs, you name it they do it. Kristen Strassel takes you inside a world that I haven’t been in before. This is not your typical vampire novel, she brings in new aspects with the rock n roll music scene. You start off meeting Callie an almost 18 year old making her way through life. She is a regular girl that doesn’t always make the right choices, in fact you sometimes just shake your head at the things she chooses because you know it’
Desirae (Dee)
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Because I'm the worst blogger ever, kidding, it took me way longer to read this than expected. Because life got in the way or blog tours. Finally I'm reading it. Totally not expecting to sit up all night reading this with an ending that leaves me saying HOLY SHIT. I did NOT see that one coming. None of it really. I have been totally thrown a curve ball here and just can not believe it. I mean I expected to like it, but I freaking loved this story. My heart breaks for Lennon. My brain tore in two ...more
Claire Taylor
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is wow, I’m not sure any words could do this book justice. Yes, there’s a vampire love story, but throw in the sex, blood & rock n’ roll and it transforms it into darker, gripping read.

By the end of the book I loved all the main characters, though Tristen did take a little longer to warm up to. Callie has no idea what she is truly getting herself into during her vacation, but one thing leads to another and she finds herself in love with one guy but drawn to another. Naïve and
Candice Montgomery
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yikes, that ENDING!

I think anytime a book can make me feel one way or another about ANY of its characters, I'm probably reading a good one. Can I just say I have A LOT of feelings about Callie? I kind of wanted to take her aside, make her some tea and have a heart-to-heart girltalk with her. Like you would with a friend, I would've had a lot to say to her about it ALL. A sort of "GIRRRL, listen…" type thing.

Usually I'm a little torn about endings like this one but I'm so down for Blade that all
Lacie (Darkangel78)
I'am not a fan of Callie. She pretty much ruined this book for me. She's a very selfish and annoying person. Just about every horrible thing she does gets blamed on bloodlust, I'm sorry but that excuse just doesn't work for me.

Blade is a bit dull and boring but judging by the ending that just might change. Tristan is the most interesting character in the book but even with him and the cliffhanger it's not enough to make me read the next book. I just don't think I could take anymore of Callie.
Becky Baldridge
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great vampire tale. The world building is good and the story and characters drew me in. The end of this one didn't at all go where I thought it was going to from early in the book. That's not a bad thing, but it should be noted that it does end in a cliffhanger. Overall, it's a good story and I would recommend it.
99 cent Bestsellers: Because the Night now 99 cents 1 1 Jul 14, 2014 05:20PM
BECAUSE THE NIGHT on sale now through 3.25 1 1 Mar 16, 2014 02:13PM
Vampire Book Club: Because the Night Giveaway 1 22 Dec 11, 2013 07:50PM
  • Running Home (The Shinigami Vampires, #1)
  • Unscathed
  • Love Your Entity (Entity, #3)
  • Vampire King of New York
  • Bewitched, Bothered, and Bitten (Bitten, #3)
  • Sunder
  • Hunger Aroused (Vampire Hunger #1)
  • Incorporeal (Soul, #1)
  • Quicksilver Dreams (Dreamwalkers, #1)
  • Vampire Next Door
  • Untamed (Vampire Awakenings, #3)
  • Euphoria (Duality, #2)
  • The Fall
  • The Rousing
  • Blood in the Stars
  • Fearless (Bird of Stone, #2)
  • Ultraviolet Catastrophe
  • Golden Dunes of Renhala (Renhala, #2)
Kristen Strassel is far cooler than she’ll make herself sound in this bio. She enjoys spending time with the voices in her head—nudging the characters toward those bad decisions and a happily ever after. When she’s not writing, she’s often still in the land of make-believe—doing makeup for film and television. And when she’s not doing any of that, she enjoys making her house look like a Pinterest ...more
More about Kristen Strassel

Night Songs Collection (4 books)
  • Night Moves (Night Songs Collection, #2)
  • We Own the Night (Night Songs Collection, #3)
  • Silent Night (Night Songs Collection, #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Hard Love (Hacker #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • A Walk to Remember
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hard Limit (Hacker #4)
    $6.99 $0.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)