Start by marking “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” as Want to Read:
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

But Ginny can’t pretend any longer.
Published November 5th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Start your review of The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Andrea Garcia
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Marie Landry's novella, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, is the perfect read to put you in the spirit of the holiday. Ginny is struggling with feeling the holiday spirit since her grandmother passed. Her parents take off for warmer climates and even her best friend leaves her during this difficult time. It looks to be the worst Christmas ever, until an old crush comes back to town and things rekindle between them.
The spark between Ginny and Dean slowly builds into a sweet romance. With
Christy LoveOfBooks
Now that the holiday season is fast approaching, it’s time to bust out the hot chocolate, put a fire on and snuggle in with some good books. Unless you live in the southern hemisphere, then I’m jealous of your warmer weather. I don’t like winter and hate cold weather, which probably contributes to the fact that I very rarely read holiday themed books. I’m pretty sure I can count the number of holiday/wintery books I’ve read on one hand. However, when I do, I prefer them to be novellas. So I was ...more
S Parent
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So, confession time: while I loved Christmas as a kid, as a grown-up, I can be a bit of a Scrooge. However, I LOVE Christmas novels and stories—they allow me to live in my perfect Christmas fantasy for a few hours, and then return to my regular grouchy self. A good Christmas story makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like I’m curling up with a hot cocoa after a picturesque day in the snow, while in reality I never have to leave the (relative) warmth of December in Los Angeles. And Marie ...more
Linda Rimer-Como
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully well written story about loss, love and Christmas miracles. The characters are detailed, realistic and have great interactions. The storyline grabbed my attention from the start and held it to the end. It was hard to put this book down and I loved this delightful Christmas story.

Received copy for review.
Rita
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
Sweet and heartwarming! Made me miss my own grandmother, and really put me in the Christmas spirit!
Rachelia (Bookish Comforts)
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My first Christmas novella ever I believe ... and thus the best I've read ;) Really loved it. Full review to come!
☕️Kimberly
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Marie Landry delivered the perfect little holiday novella with The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. It has a small-town coffee shop, memories of Christmas with Grandma, snowballs, hot cocoa and a yummy man from our heroine’s past. Mini review: romantic, sweet and filled with holiday spirit.

We meet Ginny sometime right before Christmas, on the first snow of the season. She owns a coffee shop in the middle of her small-town and still lives in the home she was raised in. Missing her Grama. She is
Lori
Find this review and more at Lusty Penguin Reviews!

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year is a thoroughly delightful and heart-warming contemporary romance novella by Marie Landry.

Still grieving from her grandmother’s death, twenty year old Virginia “Ginny” Bailey tries to make it through the Christmas season with a smile on her face. Although Christmas has always been Ginny’s favorite holiday, this one has been difficult because she just isn’t feeling the magic of Christmas, especially when she
Patricia Lynne
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review. I should note that I don't often read contemporary holiday stories either, but Marie promised me it wasn't too cheesy. (I have to tease about that.)

Ginny is struggling with holiday cheer since her grandma passed. This year is tough because her parents decided to go to Cancun and her best friend is spending the holidays with her boyfriend. It's the worst time to be alone. Then Dean, a childhood sweetheart, shows up and things
Angie
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Synopsis: "Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, right? At least that’s what twenty-year-old Ginny Bailey’s grandmother always told her, and Ginny believed it until Grama died. She even put on a brave face the following two Christmases, carrying on Grama’s traditions and decorating her house and café with Grama’s favorite decorations.

But Ginny can’t pretend any longer. When she finds out she’s going to be alone for the holidays this year, her Christmas spirit goes out the window,
Michelle
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
When Marie put out the call for reviewers for her new book, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, I did not hesitate in putting my name down. I have adored every book that I have read so far by Marie, she never fails to make me cry within minutes of starting her books, and The Most Wonderful Time of the Year was no exception. Even though I know that I will always end up crying I have to read her books. She always has a way of making an emotional connection with the characters and I find it so ...more
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

My Thoughts:

To this day, I have not read a single Marie Landry book that I didn't like. I think it's impossible for me not to enjoy her work. And I have a feeling this trend will keep continuing. This story shows that she can even write a novella and make it amazing.

It's impossible to not feel for Ginny and everything she's going through. There are so many things that keep going against her original plans, it's hard to stay
Monica
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
Originally posted on my blog

Now this is what I call a Christmas read! It’s everything you will want in great holiday tale. It’s sweet, heartwarming and has just the right amount of romance. Am I the only one who thinks that some of these holiday reads have a huge amount of sex in them? Don’t get me wrong romance is a good thing but I want true romance not sex in my holiday reads.

I truly enjoyed the romance and spark between Ginny and Dean. It’s sweet and
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I love this time of year if not for all the excitement, festivities and the feeling of love and giving in the air, then because of the many sweet, fun, and heartfelt books and novellas that come out each year that I tend to devour.

This is one such novel set in the atmospheric and homey feeling of a small town, where everyone is friendly, everyone knows and cares about one another and where those good life lessons about hard work and helping one another are still in full force.

This was a sweet
Jaimie Admans
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such a lovely and heart-warming story that makes you remember what’s really important at Christmas! I loved both lead characters, Ginny and Dean, and really felt for Ginny when things started going wrong for her. I love Christmas but have also lost my Christmas spirit some years, so I knew what she was going through, and really rooted for her and wanted things to get better. Then there’s Dean – Oh my! Marie is a wonderful author with a real talent for creating hot men, and I could really do with ...more
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Such a lovely Christmas tale! I found myself wishing it was longer so I'd have more time to spend with Ginny and Dean. I loved seeing these two reconnect over the holidays.

This is a clean New Adult novella.
Stacy
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet, clean holiday romance.
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet, Gentle Holiday Romance

This is one of those sweet, small-town, slow-burn romances full of holiday happenings. I seem to have read a lot of books lately where Christmas is merely the backdrop for the story, but in this one, it felt more integrated, which I enjoyed completely. The heroine, while a big Christmas fan, is having a hard time this holiday season, with things seeming to go from bad to worse in her personal and professional life. A young man on whom she had a crush while in high
KL Cassanello
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ginny's gonna be all alone this Christmas. Her grandmother died several years ago, her parents are going to Cancun, her best friend is going to her boyfriend's family. Honestly, she's been struggling with Christmas since Grama died, so she completely chucks her Christmas spirit this year and embraces her loneliness. Grama's neighbor recently passed away, and he left his home to his grandson, Dean, Ginny's childhood crush. They begin to spend time together, but is the spark still there between ...more
Carmen Davis
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Omg Dean and Ginny are too stinking cute. I kept smiling to myself like a moron while I read this book. This is literally EVERYTHING you want in a Christmas book. Once I started it, I had a hard time tearing away from it. So romantic, so sweet, and so much heart!! This is my first book by this author and I can't wait to read more!!

Barbara
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well written Christmas story that is a short quick story to read. Ginny finds the third Christmas after her Grandmother died that she just can not put on a happy face for the season. Then Dean comes back into her life and this just might be the time that they get a second chance. I enjoyed reading this story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Sheila
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This Christmas Holiday is not turning out the way Ginny had hoped. Her parents are going out of town and so is her best friend and since her grandma has passed a few years ago she is feeling lost and lonely. Her holiday begins to turn around when her long lost love Dean returns to town so maybe this could turn out to be a great holiday after all.

Brenda Moser
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet second chance romance between Ginny and Dean who reunite at Christmas time just as she's having her worst Christmas ever. The author weaves a touching story filled with tons of emotions, giving them a newfound love and faith as he helps her find the holiday spirit. I enjoyed and would recommend this book.

Heather Wamboldt
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year is a heartwarming holiday romance. Ginny and Dean are charming characters, loving, and relatable. The storyline is well written and flows nicely, with sorrow, loneliness, and a sweet second chance for romance.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I am looking forward to reading many more.

Ashleigh
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was very impressed with how simply and effortlessly this author told this addicting, multi-layered tale with well-developed world building and great characters despite this being a shorter book.

The chemistry, sweetness, and twists in plot kept things interesting.
Add in a wee bit of drama and you have a good read.

I received a copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Jeanne Richardson
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book I've read written by Marie Landry; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Sara Munoz
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year is a sweet well-written love story about second chances with characters that have depth and history. This story is about keeping faith and about everything will end with things alright. This is a must read light holiday romance

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read, with lots of chemistry and hotness. This is a well written story and hooked me from the start.This is a quick hot read, with a interesting plot and fantastic characters, great emotion and Loads of steam!

MaryEllen
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She's having a really bad couple of days, but there is no conflict in the story. It's just her turning her thoughts around from what she misses to what she's got now.

It was a nice sweet small-town tale, with characters I wouldn't mind having as friends.
reader 1085
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars.
Light, sweet, romantic Christmas story. Likeable characters, except the parents. Really liked Ginny and Dean. Will definitely read more by this author

• An Amish Sanctuary
  • Snowed In on Main Street
  • Taste for Wine (Taste for Love, #2)
  • Candle's Christmas Chair
  • The Sleigh Bells Chalet
  • Liam's Invented I-Do: Christmas Brides for Billionaire Brothers (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance Book 3)
  • Cowboys Don't Stand Under the Mistletoe
  • Seeking Home (Family Bonds Book 1)
  • His Stand-In Holiday Girlfriend
  • The Billionaire Mentor: A Clean Romance (The Billionaires of Gramercy Book 4)
  • The Christmas Plan (The Mismatched Mail-Order Brides Book 8)
  • Sharpe Wit (Second Act Snoop Mysteries Book 8)
  • Claimed by Her Firefighter (Claiming Her Curves #3)
  • Thankful Kisses (Alluring Kisses #8)
  • A Brush With Obsession: Book #1 Pope Family Trilogy (The Pope Family Trilogy)
  • Home Is Where The Beard Is: A Heartfelt, High-Heat, Mountain Man, Holiday Romance
  • Touchdown (Love for the Game #4)
  • Hurting You (Blackthorn Elite #3)
Stay up to date with new releases, sales, promos, and other news by signing up for Marie's newsletter and be sure to follow her on BookBub so you never miss a new release!

Marie Landry’s life revolves around books; when she’s not writing them, she’s reading them, taking pictures of them for bookstagram, or blogging about them. An avid reader from a young age, she loves getting lost in characters’
“Later in the winter I'd tire of the snow, but Christmas snow was different.” 6 likes