Start by marking “Journey (The Beast Within #3)” as Want to Read:
Journey (The Beast Within #3)

Journey

(The Beast Within #3)

Ian has been summoned by the Goddess Danu to the Otherworld, and Karina will not let him go without a fight.

With a Tutha De Danann that is unable to cross water, getting from Australia to Ireland will make for an interesting journey. Supernatural beings, sworn enemies and the full moon are only half of the risk as they try to cross three continents. Drug smuggling, guerril
ebook
Published September 22nd 2013 by Melissa Crowe (first published September 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey

Start your review of Journey (The Beast Within #3)
Shay
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I just finished Journey by Melissa Crowe and it was good. A good follow up from the previous stories. You do get to learn more about Karina and Ian. The story picks up right after Haunted. Ronan (Ians brother) has let Danu Goddess of Tuatha De Danann know about the relationship between Karina and Ian. This is very forbidden and now Ian has been summoned to answer for his actions. Karina is not letting Ian go and will do everything she can to make sure he is safe and would always be with her. Wha ...more
K.A. Last
Shelves: read-2013
The title pretty much sums up the plot of the third book in The Beast Within series. Karina and Ian set out on a journey to reach the Otherworld after Ian suffers a mild possession. They meet a few 'people' along the way, some who help them and some who don't so much. Karina faces several obstacles since she can't travel across water and needs to get from Australia to Ireland.

There's plenty of action—more so than in the first two books—and surprisingly no sex (the first two novellas had some ste
Brittany *** A Beautiful Book Obsession**
Where to even begin. I read all three Novellas in the last few days, and wow, I really enjoyed these novellas. The more I read, the more I found myself wanting and needing to know what would happen next. Usually I am not a fan of novellas, they tend to be too short for me and usually lack the details I want and need in a story, but these did not.

The first Novella was short, to the point, but yet had all the detail I could have wanted. Karina learns who she really is, and that there is threat aw
Crystal Marie
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars from me

I have completely mixed feelings about this book. From the start of the series, it was really interesting and it was fun to follow along because the story line is one that I haven’t read about before.
But it felt like with each book that passed that there was just something missing from them.
With this last book, I really disappointed with the ending of it because I was lead to believe that there was just going to be three books, and there is a major cliffhanger at the end of it.
Rebecca Edwards
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Beast Within Novellas just keep getting better with each new one. Journey is the third novella in the series and starts where the second one leaves off.

In this story Karina and Ian are headed to Ireland and "The Otherworld." Ian has been summoned by Danu because he broke the rules. Ian is Karina's Guardian and is suppose to protect her not fall in love with her and have a intimate relationship with her.

Like the other books in the series this book is packed with lots of adventure. Their voyag
Desirae (Dee)
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
So I'm reading this like seriously what else can go wrong for these people. Ian has been summoned and they have to travel the globe for Karina to go. Okay... we can do this. Love conquers all right? It should. They're going to make it, right? I started off thinking so. But then as their travels progressed, I started to get nervous. I mean they met lyncanthropes at every turn. There was battles everywhere. And I don't mean with just lycanthropes. It just seems like anything that could go wrong, d ...more
Jessica
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Journey by: Melissa Crowe 4 Fast paced stars
***Arc given for honest review***
What would you do if the man you love was summoned to the other by the Queen to be stripped of his guardian duty because of loving you? Well you would risk your life, of course, and go with him to make the Queen of the otherworld spare him. That’s what Karina and Ian are doing they are traveling across the country into all kinds of danger into hopes that they can, A. Make there alive because there a very many obstacle l
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
Journey is the third book of the Beast Within novellas. In this installment we follow Karina and Ian as they overcome obstacles on their way to the Otherworld.

I must admit that I have become quite enamored with Karina and Ian as a couple. In Journey the readers really see the depth of love and protectiveness between the two of them. We are also introduced to several more Guardians in this installment.

Crowe gets off to a fast start in this novella. I was in for quite a ride from the very first pa
S.D.
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
"I received a complementary copy of this series in exchange for an honest review."

There journey to Ireland is well, full of mishaps and turmoil. Comical in some ways and my favorite of the series so far.

Ian has been summoned by the Goddess Danu to be stripped of his immortality ultimately resulting in death. Karina however will not let him go without a fight. Together they travel to Ireland which is not an easy task as Karina is not able to cross water so getting from Australia to Ireland made
Victoria Rainey
Shelves: romancebookworm
Journey is the third book in The Beast Within series by Melissa Crowe. This book is best read as part of the series and not as a standalone as each book builds on the prior book. All I can say is WOW! There is a whole lot of book packed into the pages of this story.

Karina is becoming more confident in who she is than ever before. She is will to sacrifice what she can to help and keep Ian. I loved that she thinks for herself and is not blindly following what Ian and the other guardians tell her.
Breezy *Lover of all things Alpha Male*
This book was the clincher for me! This was the best in the series and exactly what I was waiting to read!

Karina has been on a hell of a journey in just three short novella's! She has gone from thinking she is a normal girl to finding out she is something so much more. She has to come to terms with who and what she is and she has to do this while discovering she has real threats to her life.

This novella takes us on the last part of her journey (so far, I am kinda hoping this turns into a series
Hooked On Books
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This follows on from #2. Ian has been recalled to The Otherworld. He has broken the rules & has fallen in love with Karina. She will not let him go without her. Unfortuntely As a Tuatha De Danann she has a problem with crossing over water.

Karina comes up with an elaborate plan to get them from Australia to Ireland. What she is unaware of is that the King of the Lycanthropes is also on the move & building an army.

What ensues is a very exciting tale of Drug smugglers, Guerillas, Vampires & the eve
Adba
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Prior to my signing on to the tour, I was a bit hesitant about how I’d like the books. However, they turned out to be exceptionally well written and entertaining. There were times in the second book, Haunted, where I found myself re-reading a few pages again to grasp the events that were actually occurring. Sometimes the Haunted, especially was a little too busy for me.
However, Journey honestly redeemed some of the confusion I was left with from the Haunted. My favorite book out of the series wa
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance lovers
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Luscious Laylah
I received an e-ARC copy of this book for a blog tour in return for an honest review. I would have to say that this is by far the best one out of the three novellas. I really enjoyed this story a lot. I could feel the love and affections that these characters had for one another. It's of course another fast paced story but I was lured in and had trouble putting the book down once I started it!! It's very well written and the story line was remarkable in this one. I would highly recommend this bo ...more
Stacy
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the third novella in the series and the best. I really liked this one and could even go as far as to say I loved this one. You learn more about Ian and Karina and you meet more characters that are pretty interesting. It is an easy read and nothing I didn't like about it. Really a great read and I can't wait for the fourth novella to come out so I can see what happens. I think this author is growing and is turning out to be great and I know she will continue to grow as a writer and that w ...more
Myra Espino
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it

Journey, as the journey of Karina and Ian continues they were thrust to a new challenge.
Meeting new characters made the story more appealing and interesting. As the story went, it just keeps getting better and better! The ending of the story is great! I'm excited on what will happen between Ian and Karina and what will be the new character of the story will be his role in Karina's life! Can't wait for the next book!

Ms. Melissa rocks!! These books are awesome!

~Ms. ME28
Joy Whiteside
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was nice seeing how the story continued on from the previous books.

The book moved along at a great pace from beginning to end, was an easy read that was accomplished in just a few hours, had characters that you fell in love with and wanted to see them succeed no matter what and the storyline was interesting and kept you entertained from beginning to end.

Melissa Crowe is a good author and I look forward to reading more of her work in the future.
A. Gorman
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read my reviews from #1 and #2... Cont.

On this read, Karina has decided to risk everything, to try to save Ian's life because she loves him. Even if it means traveling across water... We meet a lot of people on this journey. A few die too. :( It's a really good book and I can't believe the way the book ended!! UGH! Clifty!

So ready for #4!
İlkim
Just like the first book, everything was going faster and faster. It's a short story actually, but sometime in the book I couldn't catch everything on the book. Firstly their road plan was so complicated, then came a lot of new characters, and the lycantrop danger was so easy to run away. Karina was so stubborn, I was surprised when the Danu accepted her conditions so easily. And that mystery man who will be teacher of Karina was not someone I liked.

There was so many things I couldn't like, I ca
Melissa
Sep 22, 2013
Melissa Crowe
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Joni
Candy Smith
Oct 21, 2013
Aj
Nov 19, 2013
I started writing in 2009 and have not looked back. I have many stories in various stages of completion. After receiving too many knock backs to count from agents and publishers, I was ready to give up writing. That was until a friend gave me Switched by Amanda Hocking and said to me "If she can self publish, then why can't you?" So here I am, diving head first into self publishing and not regrett ...more

The Beast Within (4 books)
  • The Beast Within (The Beast Within #1)
  • Haunted (The Beast Within #2)
  • Sacrifice (The Beast Within #4)

News & Interviews