Start by marking “A Highland Wolf Christmas (Heart of the Wolf, #15)” as Want to Read:
A Highland Wolf Christmas (Heart of the Wolf, #15)

A Highland Wolf Christmas

(Heart of the Wolf #15)

Financial advisor Guthrie MacNeill isn’t a complete Scrooge—he just hates the enormous cost associated with the Christmas holiday season. Needless to say, when his pack hires a party planner to decorate the castle, he’s at his wit’s end. Until Calla Stewart arrives on the scene with her mistletoe in hand.

Calla has never had a client as difficult as Guthrie, but she’s
Mass Market Paperback, 298 pages
Published October 7th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about A Highland Wolf Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Highland Wolf Christmas

Start your review of A Highland Wolf Christmas (Heart of the Wolf, #15)
Paraphrodite
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
2.5 stars.

Guthrie is the last unmarried quadruplets. Calla is his brother Cearnach's friend and the bride who jilted her fiance at the altar in A Highland Werewolf Wedding.

The Christmas settings were nice but the dithering by both H/h for 2/3 of the book got old.

It also seems as if the author had trouble explaining the desperation of the ex-fiance who kept stalking Calla. The ending seems forced. (view spoiler)
Laura the Highland Hussy
Review posted on Got Fiction? book blog

This started out promising, almost as a suspenseful stalker ex trope (which I love), but even though that was indeed used throughout, it was such a light story that I feel the stalker ex was just added here and there when it was convenient. I mean, he was always in the background, but he only showed up when the plot needed forwarding, and when he did show up, he was all bluster until the very end.

I liked the hero/heroine and their romance.

Apparently at
Beth
What a delightful Scottish werewolf Christmas story!

Calla Stewart is a party planner. She has been hired by the MacNeill clan to arrange their holiday celebration, which means she will have to squeeze every dollar out of the tight wad Guthrie MacNeill. Even though she knows its going to be difficult to deal with Guthrie, Calla plans on giving the MacNeill clan a Christmas to remember.

But before Calla's journey even begins, her ex-fiance' turned deadly stalker accelerates his pursuit bringing out
Leah Hester
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sexy fun Christmas romance with just a bit of wild magic. An enjoyable, if short, read.
Linda
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She was getting ready to attach a figure of a longhorn steer wearing a Christmas hat, compliments of Shelley's mother's Texas collection -- and thinking of how fun it was to see decoration from the various newcomers to the pack -- when she heard Guthrie shouting.

Deep, frustrated shouting. And cursing.

Claws scrambled on the stone floor, boots tromped at a run toward the great hall, and then disaster struck.

Women shrieked and shouted, but Calla was on the other side of the tree where she couldn't
Shauni
Originally reviewed for Tea and Book.

It's back to the Highlands in Terry Spear's latest in her Heart of the Wolf Series. And as with the rest of her work, Terry tells a wicked tale. But her Highland Wolves are just a little more fun.

We've been skipping around between a couple of connected clans in the Heart if the Wolf Highland series and in A Highland Wolf Christmas, we return to the MacNeils. This time they have a party to plan.

Calla Stewart is a wolf on her own. After a disastrous romance
All Things Urban Fantasy
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

A HIGHLAND WOLF CHRISTMAS is a wonderfully sweet holiday romance stock full of kilted Scotsmen (well more like Scotswerewolves) who relish in sword fighting and castles with many a hidden nook to have your romantic trysts underneath a mistletoe. Both Calla and Guthrie are featured in previous book in this series so it was neat to finally see more of these two and learn about their lives. These books can be read as a standalone so Calla’s wedding debacle
Kathie (katmom)
While this is #15 in Ms. Spear's Heart of the Wolf series, it can be read alone. Ms. Spear always trots previous characters through the books, which makes it fun, but not necessary to have read them before reading the next one.

We knew that Calla was at least somewhat interested in Guthrie after she hung his boxers on the flagpole in a previous book. She did catch his attention!

Guthrie is the money man for the pack. He really hates spending a shilling more than necessary. He figures that parties
Debra Taylor
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Terry Spear does it again with A HIGHLAND WOLF CHRISTMAS, book fifteen in her Heart of the Wolf Series.

Calla is an event planner who sorta has a crush on Guthrie MacNeill. While Guthrie is the clan financial adviser who is guarded about spending money. It would seem that they are totally different. They were wrong about that in a lot of ways. The author cleverly explored that aspect and as it turns out they were perfect for each other. Slowly we see that they both have some scars from past
Kimberly
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

4.25 Hearts I enjoyed this story very much. I have read some of the series but not all of it but this certainly can be read as a stand alone you will just have the feeling that you missed the story of some of the background characters.

Cassie and Guthrie seem to be perfect for each other. We met Cassie in the last book and we knew she was meant for Guthrie when she stole his boxers for the pirate party the lass’ were having. And we knew there was a
Paranormal Kiss
A Highland Werewolf Christmas by Terry Spear is the 15th book in her Heart of the Wolf series. This book focuses on Guthrie MacNeill and Calla Stewart. Calla recently left her fiancé at the altar and has gone to stay at the MacNeill castle for a couple weeks. Both Guthrie and Calla are on the rebound from previous relationships but they find themselves drawn and attracted to one another. I really enjoyed the banter between these two characters. Their romance is sexy, funny and sweet.

A Highland
Tanielle
Mar 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I was rooting for Calla and Guthrie to make this work, I thought they would be the only one's to fight against just sexual chemistry and get to know each other. I was hoping that the mess with the ex would blow up into a huge mess with both packs fighting it out. Her ex was nuts but in his mind he really did care but I had a feeling that he'd lay hands on her just based off what Vardon did in the other story. I hated how the story turned to her troubles it made her look as though she was mating ...more
Monica **can't read fast enough**
If you are a fan of shifter romances, enjoy sweet romances set in the Highlands with strong Scottish men who also happen to be shifters, and set during the holiday season A Highland Wolf Christmas is definitely a need to read. Calla is strong willed character with the courage to branch out and start her own business. Calla won't let anything stand in her way, not even a crazy bully of an ex fiance who wants to keep her from moving forward with her life. Guthrie on the other hand is a sometimes ...more
Tabby Shiflett
4.5-4.75 Stars
A delicious Scottish werewolf romance! The plot is fast-paced and the story keeps the readers' interest for the entire novel. The romance is playful and hot and I love the Christmas winter setting in Scotland. Both of the MCs are loveable, even as they recover from past wounds, as is the whole clan. Each one has a depth you don't always get in quick and easy reads. This book is part of a series, but like the other novels, you may read this one as a stand-alone (but go back and read
Donna Fournier
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This isn't your ordinary Christmas story. Hoho ho !!!! It's better!!!!! You won't forget it. And Guthrie won't either. Did I mention Mistletoe and Mayham? Leg warmers and Kilts. Oh yeah!!!
Ira
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
After having reread "A Very Jaguar Christmas" this Christmas, I just had to read another one (or two) of Terry Spear's books and it had to be something Christmassy as well, of course. So I found "A Highland Wolf Christmas" and "Dreaming of a White Wolf Christmas" and started to read - and didn't put my reader down till I had read them both.

I wasn't completely sure what to expect when I started to read "A Highland Wolf Christmas" because the blurb didn't sound that promising but, well, it was on
TinaMarie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anne Valentine
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So far this is my favorite out of her series, really wish she'd write more Highland books, she's incredible!
Megan  Hill
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it, very intense and romantic with that little hint of supernatural.
Sharon
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good read with a stalker, a (very attractive) Scrooge, a lot of fun, a lot of love and a very merry Christmas.
Dottie
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A sexy, heartwarming holiday tale that will captivate you! Taken from my review at RomanceJunkies.com:

The best thing that party planner Calla, a wolf shifter, ever did was break up with her fiancé Baird, but he is not letting go. He is stalking her, using his brothers and cousins in his efforts to win her back. But Calla has seen his true colors and wants nothing to do with him. She lives in the carriage house behind her parents’ manor. With Christmas quickly approaching, Calla’s parents have
Paranormal Romance
It took some time but finally the heroine realized that the man she loved and planned to marry was nothing better than a selfish controlling asshole who didn't deserve her. But apparently informing him that they were over and the wedding was cancelled doesn't compute because he's now constantly hounding her about taking him back. To escape the stalking, she's taken a job as a party planner for the McNeil werewolf pack's Christmas celebration. Surrounded by a functioning pack who consider ...more
Sandy S
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 7, 2014

Calla has never had a client as difficult as Guthrie, but she’s determined to give the pack a Christmas season they will never forget—no
Lover of Romance
I received a ARC in return for a honest review.

Calla is a event and wedding planner, and has a job with Guthrie MacNeil, in making their Christmas celebration the best one yet. Calla has always felt a attraction to Guthrie, and even though she has recently left her fiancee, she can't resist Guthrie and the attraction that has always been there. Guthrie is still suffering from a relationship gone bad, even though he cares for Calla, the last thing he wants to risk is falling in love with her and
Les Romantiques
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Rinou
Review Copy from the Publisher

I already read in this series (in this order) the volumes 5, Heart of the Highland Wolf, that I liked, and 1, Heart of the Wolf, which didn’t convince me. But being currently in a were-romance phase I wanted to try again this series, thinking if the volume 5 was better than the volume 1, the volume 15 could only be even better (15! It promises to be an extendible series), and I probably should have
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4.5 A Highland Wolf Christmas Stars ~

Most of you should know by now I am a FAN of Ms. Spear. Her work is always a go to read for me. What I like most in her shifter books is that each story is unique. I never feel like I am re-reading the same thing over and over. It’s always fresh wither we are meeting old friends or new. Secondly I love that each character has their own personalities, quirky traits and fun loving family and friends. Third her writing flows effectively pulling the reader
Linda
"A Highland Wolf Christmas " , was a light paranormal romance, that if your a fan of handsome Scottish alpha males, shifters, some adorable romance scences and do not mind a stalker villain You will love this read.

Calla Stewart is a young werewolf With er own party planning business and quit successfull, though aging just broken off with her domineering x- fiancé and ping it at the alter has made her life a bit more difficult since he is now stalking her , and begging her to come back to him.
Sharon Tyler
Oct 29, 2014 rated it liked it
A Highland Wolf Christmas is part of the Heart of the Wolf series by Terry Spear. This paranormal romance is currently scheduled for release on October 7 2014. Guthrie MacNeill is the financial adviser for his clan and werewolf pack. He is worried for the safety of a party planner who is staying with them to avoid an ex that will not take no for an answer, while trying to fight his attraction to her. What he cannot seem to reconcile the fact that his job is to save the clan's money, and hers ...more
Tania
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: terry-spear
"A Highland Wolf Christmas" by Terry Spear. Book 15 in the Heart of the Wolf series. Book 5 in the Highland Wolf series (series within the Heart of the Wolf series).

I must say that this book is one of my favourites in the series. I really enjoyed reading Guthrie and Calla's story! And it's a Christmas story too! At least, it takes place around the Christmas holidays. It was really sweet and heartwarming with just enough action to keep it interesting.

Guthrie is the last of his brothers that
PepperP0t
Actually 3.5 stars

To Calla Stewart's and any passing on-lookers relief, she called the mating to Baird McKinley off while there was still time to get away. Baird proved himself to be the man of Calla's nightmares not the man of her dreams. Determined to change Calla's mind, Baird delays Calla's departure for the MacNeill's Argent Castle, where she's been hired to plan a Christmas festivity, Calla arrives safely, none the worse for wear.

Determined to spend the clan's and the family's money
« previous 1 3 next »

• Wolf Trouble (SWAT, #2)
  • Her Lone Wolf (X-Ops, #2)
  • To Love a Wolf (SWAT #4)
  • Toxic Game (GhostWalkers, #15)
  • X-Ops Exposed (X-Ops #8)
  • Her Fierce Warrior (X-Ops, #4)
  • Hungry Like the Wolf (SWAT, #1)
  • Her Perfect Mate (X-Ops, #1)
  • Wolf Instinct (SWAT #9)
  • Wolf Rising (SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team, #8)
  • Big Bad Wolf (The Others, #2)
  • In the Company of Wolves (SWAT, #3)
  • Indirect Lines (Halle Shifters, #5)
  • Her Dark Half (X-Ops, #7)
  • Her Wild Hero (X-Ops, #3)
  • Wolf Hunt (SWAT #6)
  • The Wrong Highlander (Highland Brides, #7)
  • A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half-Moon Hollow, #2)
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell

Heart of the Wolf (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1)
  • Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)
  • To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)
  • Legend of the White Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #4)
  • Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5)
  • Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf #6)
  • Heart of the Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #7)
  • Dreaming of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #8)
  • A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing (Heart of the Wolf, #9)
  • A Howl for a Highlander (Heart of the Wolf, #10)
“To the hottest wolf in a kilt, fighting or not, with the sexiest legs a lassie ever set eyes on.” 3 likes
“Damn, woman, how we can go from analyzing finances to hot sex..."
She pulled him down for another kiss. "We just love each other's assets way too much.”
2 likes