Start by marking “Never Too Late” as Want to Read:
Never Too Late

Never Too Late

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  3,823 Ratings  ·  296 Reviews
Never Too Late by Robyn Carr released on Apr 18, 2006 is available now for purchase.
Mass Market Paperback, 347 pages
Published April 18th 2006 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Never Too Late, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Too Late

♥Rachel♥
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book, favorites
Never Too Late focused on the lives and loves of three sisters, Clare, Sarah and Maggie, but mainly centered on Clare, a wife and mother recently separated for the FOURTH time from her cheating husband of sixteen years!! Even her fifteen year old son doesn’t want his mom to get back together with the idiot! When an accident shakes up her life, Clare knows it’s time to move on and embrace change.

At first I could sympathize with Clare’s family and their frustration over not kicking Roger (the chea
SheriC (PM)
The writing style consists of brief bits of dialogue between info-dumps. Do not like.

DNF at 13%, after an 1 1/2 hours of listening. Audiobook, borrowed from my public library via Overdrive. Outstanding performance by Therese Plummer. I'm already looking for others of hers that I might enjoy better.

Attempted to read for the 2017 Romance Bingo, for the Second Chances square. I guess I'll have to find another book for that one.
Kathrynn
This is one of my favorite books. This is a stand alone read and there are two main stories going on here. One with Clare and her "friend" and the other develops with Sarah, Clare's younger sister, and her "friend."

Clare is a 40ish mom of a teenage son. The story begins with her having left her husband because of his numerous affairs. They still talk and he tries to talk her into returning (again), but she moves on with her life, meets someone else, etc.

I thought I saw how this was going and w
Linda
NEVER TOO LATE is one of Robyn Carr's few books not related to any of her series. As she has done in other romances, the author weaves a few different story lines into the mix. If I could sum up this book in one word it would be 'relationships'.

First and foremost, it is about Clare Wilson. Found out again for the umpteenth time, her husband is cheating on her. They are currently separated, their son can't stand his own father and yet the miserable bas**rd wants his family back. Too little, too l
Laurie Carlson
5+ STARS!!!
This book is about three sisters, Clare, Maggie, and Sarah. We meet Clare first, and learn about her broken marriage, done by her multi-philandering now definitely soon to-be ex-husband. Clare’s mind is made up. She’s done giving him chances as he always wants her back, and for how long this time? This made it #4. She’s DONE! She’s leaving him!
One night when her to-be-ex was supposed to be out of town, she stops at her house where she used to live with her then husband so she could p
KAS
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading a book by Robyn Carr and was completely drawn in from page one. I love her style of writing and down to earth characters. The story centers around Clare, an almost 40 year old wife, mother, sister and daughter, who is sucker punched twice, both emotionally and physically. Her husband has cheated on her once again and then she finds herself lucky to be alive after a horrific car collision, which takes months to recover from.

Finally Clare decides the time has come f
Ashlyn
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was about to give this book at least 4 stars. I love the first half of the book. About how Clare finally took charge of her life, and have three men pursuing her. The story was going really well there then.

However, I was really quite annoyed with the second half of the book, and especially the later chapters. I thought I would be reading more of Clare and how her romance with Pete would progress,since she was supposed to be the heroine in this book, but instead in the later part of the book, t
Darcy
Feb 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, romance
This was a fun book about Clare whose life has been crumbling for years, but finally there are a couple of events that push her over the edge to take control of her life.

I really liked that Clare used the accident to do things that she should have years ago. She didn't just make those changes over night, but slowly acknowledged what needed to be done and did it.

I really liked her first romance, I wanted it to work out and when Clare decided to end it I was mad at her, until I saw how things wo
Season
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
It was okay. I don't know if I just wasn't in the right frame of mind or what because I normally love everything Ms. Carr writes. I thought some of the characters were not developed enough and others, too much. Parts felt like they took forever to get through and others were rushed.
Leona
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, chick-lit
Definitely well worth the investment of time. Robyn Carr knows how to weave a great story.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Her husband cheated
She leaves him, finds two new guys
Can she love again?

Story of sisters
Three of them, each with issues
Love can overcome
Joyce Kleine
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
heerlijk einde weer
Kathryn
Jul 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Never Too Late by Robyn Carr is the story of three sisters and second chances. Clare the middle sister, has finally had it with her husband Roger, he has cheated on her once too often. In spite of repeated assurances that he is getting counselling nothing seems to change. Sarah, the youngest, has let herself go and has thrown herself into her art and work. Yet when she sees Clare with Sam, a young police officer - about ten years younger than Clare, something is triggered within her and she surp ...more
Rachel Brand
3.5 out of 5 stars.

Clare Wilson has given her husband numerous second chances over the years. She's forgiven his many affairs in the hope that keeping her marriage intact is the best thing for their teenage son. But when she's in a near-fatal car accident following a run-in with her husband and another woman, she decides that she's had enough. Her brush with death convinces her to make a clean break from her philandering husband. Clare has a long road to recovery ahead of her—both in her persona
Marlene
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Reading Reality

There’s something about Never Too Late that makes it seem like a precursor for the utterly marvelous Four Friends.

I say precursor because Never Too Late was originally published in 2006, and is being reissued in the wake of Four Friends’ success.

Instead of four friends, Never Too Late features three sisters. Clare, Maggie and Sarah have each come to a crossroads in their lives, and are in different places but possibly the same set of ruts. Then Clare has a
Kathryn
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Listened to this over several days. It was pretty good. Not quite as good as her Virgin River books, but I enjoyed it. I don't think the story will stick with me in the long run, though. But I did enjoy the story. Things weren't exactly how I was hoping, but I see why she did what she did. I think it could have been better if she gave each of the sisters, their own book.
Maggie Shanley
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I admit that when George says on page 313, "We never apologize for new life. It's our sweet compensation for losing the ones we love." I cried! This story was rather predictable and a tad slower than I wanted but it was sweet.
Carol Stanley-Snow
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I needed this book! A really good womens book. After the heavy reading....a good beach read!!

I need to read more Robyn Carr!!
Dawn
For Clare Wilson, leaving her cheating husband was the next step in a new life. Except she has left the bum more times than she can count and always took him back. But this time she is firm- No more heartache and tears for this serial cheater. Then a car accident leaves Clare reeling, her life turned upside down and more. Before she always thought she was the dutiful daughter and wife but now, after this near fatal accident, Clare finds she has the power to take back her life and decide what pat ...more
Kristin
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was just okay for me. It follows Clare, a 40 year old mother who has been married for just about 20 years. Her husband is a serial cheater and she has finally decided to get a divorce after being confronted with his infidelity for too many times. After moving out with her son, Clare stops by her old house to pick up some kitchen supplies and finds her soon to be ex-husband in bed with another woman. While knowing that he is unfaithful, having it shoved in her face still is upsetting an ...more
Claire Gem
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had not read a Carr book in a while, having tired of the Virgin River series, where all the characters and the setting had become too familiar. But "Never Too Late" was a refreshing surprise, combining elements of both contemporary romance and women's fiction, perfectly.

This is basically a tale of three sisters who are all in their thirties and upward, all with their unique situations. Claire is about to turn forty and has finally decided to oust her cheating soon-to-be ex-husband out of her l
Sunny
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
A good read when you really don't want to be overly absorbed in a book. Very light reading. I was disappointed in some spots where I thought the protagonist was going to come up with something profound. There were times that seemed to foreshadow something sinister, which turned out to be nothing--small sigh of relief, but it made for kind of a boring plot. A lot of details went into some of the action which turned out not to matter at all (so why bother writing about it in such detail?) I'm not ...more
Ian
Apr 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Calling a spade a spade, this book was a bit of a struggle. The story centers around Clare who after discovering her repeatedly unfaithful husband in bed with yet another woman is in a serious car accident. Now her husband, the police officer who attended the scene, and a man from her past are all calling on her while her two sisters look on.

The problem is that I didn't much like Clare. Sarah Lyn, one of her sisters was really the star of this book for me and I found myself flicking through pag
Vickie
I usually love Robyn Carr's books but Never Too Late didn't do much for me. I loved the relationship between the three sisters: supporting without being sappy. I loved how Clare took a stand with her marriage/divorce without bashing her ex and encouraging her son to maintain the relationship with his father. There wasn't much with Maggie the oldest sister. I liked the youngest sister Sarah but much of her story felt contrived. Oh, and don't get me started on Sam the cop. He was just really annoy ...more
Vane
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
ME ESPERABA MUCHO MÁS DE ESTA MAGNÍFICA AUTORA

(7/10)

Robyn está en el Olimpo de los escritores para mí.
Todas las novelas (de una de sus sagas) que he leído con anterioridad son mágicas, han conseguido conmoverme. Aclarando que como en toda saga larga hay novelas buenas y otras menos buenas.
El caso es que esperaba algo de esa magia en esta historia, y no la he encontrado.
Es una novela coral: una familia, 3 hermanas, multitud de secundarios. Pero en algunos momentos lo he visto todo como una amal
Dana
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Finished, and loved NEVER TOO LATE by Robyn Carr. Quick paced, sometimes sizzling, totally engaging!!!! Clare, 39, comes home and catches her estranged husband in their bed with a blonde (significant later). Leaves the house, is stopped by a cute younger cop, and then is hit by an SUV. (All of this happens right away, so I am not spoiling anything.) Clare spends a long time recovering, surrounded by her sisters, father and 3 men who all want to be in her life. The sisters' lives play into the pl ...more
Rhonda Rae Baker
Jan 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a story that I definately related to and understood the frustrations of a cheeting husband. When this protagonist was in a car accident, she stood her ground with her husband and I was so proud of her. The characters were believable and I fell in love with them. With all the twists and turns of past, present, and possible future, I couldn't put this one down.

Loved how everything turned out and is an easy Sunday read that will take you to a place of possibilities. I will read this again
Jennie
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A delightful book about three sisters. Claire has left Roger because he cheated on her several times. She has an accident which takes months to recover. The accident helps to turn her life around. She has two men pursuing her. Maggie has two teenagers and a devoted husband. She is a lawyer and helps Claire get an insurance and divorce settlement. Sarah the youngest sister runs an art store. Happy ending for all.
Eileen
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was really a guilty pleasure. Found it in the condo we are renting, picked it up and got hooked on the story. First I have heard of this author. Not badly written at all for chick lit, and a nice story that leaves you feeling good. There are A few slightly steamy passages but it is not tawdry or too much--not all a bodice burster. More like Liane Moriarty but a tad more romance. Good beach or plane read.
Cyndi Marie
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
***Listened to the Audiobook***

I just love a Robyn & Therese combination! This book was, like all Robyn Carr books, warm and cozy! I always listen to her books because they just leave me with a happy heart! This book did not disappoint, One thing I loved about this one is that we actually get 3 stories in 1! There are 3 sisters and we get a story for each. As always the writing is good, the story is sweet and sexy and the narration is incredible!
  • That Holiday Feeling (Virgin River, #7.5; Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Already Home
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • The Widows of Wichita County
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
  • All Wrapped Up (Pine Mountain, #5)
  • The Rancher and the Rock Star (Love From Kennison Falls, #1)
  • The Paper Marriage
  • Bonfire Beach (The Billionaire Bachelors #2)
  • The Return of Patrick O'Rourke (Jamesville, #3)
  • The Second Coming of Lucy Hatch (Lucy Hatch, #1)
  • Starfish Moon (The Brides of Blueberry Cove, #3)
Robyn Carr is a RITA® Award-winning, eleven-time #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost sixty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River series. The third novel (THE FAMILY GATHERING) in her fan-favorite new series, Sullivan's Crossing, will be released in April 2018. Robyn is a recipient of the Romance Writers of America Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 and in 201 ...more
More about Robyn Carr

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
“Sarah, I’m going to take care of you whether you like it or not.” 3 likes
“It's very simple -- I got smacked up the side of the head and all your bullshit fell out and some sense seeped in.” 1 likes