Start by marking “Freaks” as Want to Read:
Freaks

Freaks

Nobody's perfect... or are they?

Abigail always knew that she was different, but what she didn't know was just how different.

That was until her 16th birthday, when her parent's revealed a devastating secret that confirmed her worst fears and changed her life forever.

Abigail is an Allelobrid: one of five children born as a result of their parents illegal science experiment
Published November 28th 2013 by Create Space (first published November 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Freaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freaks

Delilah-Jane Wilson
I honestly do not know where to begin describing how incredible thought out and addictive this book was. I saw the book in my college library and knowing it was written by a fellow student in my college I thought I would give it a read. Borrowing the book I thought, 'Well it looks pretty bad outside but I'll give it a try...'

This story inside was the definition of not judging a book by its cover. Since I was twelve I've read over 300 books. Many of these have been highly famous series such as Fi
Z. Elizabeth
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Firstly, I would like to say what an awesome debut Freaks is. Seriously now, I was hooked right from the start. The synopsis is enough to make me want to read the book and it really is a page turner, I didn’t want to put it down and I wouldn’t have if I didn’t have to go to that thing called work. It was all I thought about, and I couldn’t wait to leave work and curl up in bed to finish off Abigail’s story.

Lisa has included everything I love in a book. A great story line packed of adventure and
Ivette
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Here's my review, as written on my blog:

The Story:
Abigail isn't the girl who she thought she was, she's different. She always knew she was different, but she don't know why. Her parents always told her to be smart but not too smart. Be good but not too good.
She didn't understand them at all.

On her 16th birthday, her parents tell her she's an Allelobrid. She was born in a lab. Her parents tried to create the perfect human. They succeeded, with other parents as well who also created 4 Allelobrids.
Stormy
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review first appeared on Book.Blog.Bake.

I don’t really participate in blog tours often unless I REALLY think I’ll like a book. The summary of Freaks intrigued me–at first glance, it seems like a pretty standard YA science fiction book, but it also seemed to hint that there might be more to this story. And it does play on a lot of familiar story elements, but Freaks definitely captivated me.

The highlight of this book by far is the pacing. It’s such an action-packed ride that kept me turning
Jack
Oct 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
If I could sum up Freaks in one word, that word would be enjoyable. It’s one quick, fun, action-packed roller coaster of a book. Not the most unique of stories, but with refreshing characters and realistic dialogue, Freaks is definitely a sci-fi to look out for.

Suspenseful, quick-paced, full of twists. Freaks is everything you’d ask for in a YA thriller. Thrown straight into the action from the first chapter, the story hits the ground running. But the beginning felt slightly rushed. The ‘big rev
KatieBookQueen
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
Reviewed at: http://queenofteenfiction.blogspot.co.uk

*This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.*

I love it when a book jumps out and throws action, adventure, drama and romance, oh and science at me all at once. And that’s certainly what Freaks did. Combined with a unique plot and a fantastic array of characters, Freaks is definitely a book to get excited about.

The story follows Abbie as she discovers a secret that her parents have kept from her throughout her whole l
Alexa
Nov 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Quite frankly, Freaks possessed a lot of the elements that I've come to expect from books of its kind: a main character who discovers that there's something special about her that she shares with only a select group of individuals, a mission that's life or death and some twisted conspiracy to tie it all together. Forester took advantage of these familiar elements, however, and slid us into a story that's entirely her own creation. With a plot that's tightly woven (even though certain parts felt ...more
Sharon Chapter One, Page One..
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic, page turning, action packed debut novel from Lisa! I loved the idea Lisa created when she wrote Freaks. Sixteen years ago, scientists experimented in trying to create the ‘ultimate’ human being – sixteen years on, these confused young ‘beings’ find out just what they are.

It’s such a believable idea and one I was excited to read about. Freaks is a gripping read from start to finish. It has lots of excitement and on-the-edge-of-your-seat moments, as well as a little love and a lo
Christine
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
DISCLAIMER: I received an eARC copy in exchange for an honest review!

When I found out that Lisa self-published FREAKS, I honestly didn't know just how good it was going to be, but it exceeded my expectations and more! It was one of those books that made you lie to yourself (saying that you were only going to read just "one more chapter") until you finish the book to realize that it's already morning.

When I first read the summary, I thought that Allelobrids were like genetically-modified superher
Zili
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-ya, sci-fi, ya

4 Stars in my Sky!

I've always found the idea of growing/creating designer babies really sinister. Well in FREAKS Lisa M Forester takes the idea and wraps it up in an imaginative and extremely sinister YA bundle!

16-year-old Abigail has always been different from other kids and has recently discovered why; she was created in a science lab using her parents DNA. Abigail is one of five babies engineered with the aim of being the world's first perfect children called Allelobrid's.

FREAKS follows Abiga
Gemma
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!

This book is amazing! It's such an original concept and I loved every minute of it. It was such a page turner.

Abbie and Max are amazing and I can't wait to find out how their relationship pans out. I can't wait for book two. I can't believe it ended in a cliffhanger!!!!! How frustrating but I'm very excited for book two
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Erika
Oct 30, 2013
Kelli
sounds fab 1 3 Sep 19, 2013 03:11PM
Lisa M. Forester is a Young Adult fiction author living in the North West of England and her debut novel ‘Freaks’ is due for release on the 28th of November 2013.

She has lived on a diet of books since she was six (when she was handed an Enid Blyton story for the very first time) and she constantly lives in hope that reading will become an Olympic sport. After being inspired to write by the pletho