Start by marking “Hers (Hers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hers (Hers, #1)

Hers (Hers #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  2,028 Ratings  ·  377 Reviews
I am Seven James.

My entire life, no one has wanted me, and that was fine, because I sure as shit didn't need anyone else. Blah, Blah Blah, insert sad story here about negligent parents, and shitty siblings, and you have my life story in a nut shell. When my college boyfriend dumped me, it was just
Published October 10th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Hers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hers

Amber Rose
5 outstanding, sexy, fucking brilliant, stars!!!

photo Pic1forHers_zpsb2dd3f3d.jpg

I am Seven James.

As soon as I read the following I had to have this book. It fucking sucked me in, and hooked me till I finished the book like my life depended on it. It was fucking unreal. Seven, is a bad ass bitch. And I mean that down to my wet panties from reading this book. The only negative thing I can say about it is that I read it too damn fast. Why didn't
Christy
3.5 KINKY stars!!!

photo 84aa9407-21f1-4b86-9710-b1dd48973a51_zps2ec427f8.jpg

I listened to the audio book of Hers and holy hell! It was crazy, kinky, smutty and hot! If I am rating on the heat, I would say a solid 4.5-5 stars. The story however was closer to a 3-3.5 for me.

Seven James is a lot of things...

photo b23f0ac3-6c3c-4d42-9615-6f9e8742a947_zpsb3bcb300.jpg

When the story starts, Seven’s main focus is revenge. She has a plan to get back at a person who did her wrong years ago. An ex. She’s getting revenge in the best way she knows how. As a corporate powerhouse, she’s going to mess with the mans job. T
Debra
Shelves: 2013-release

Maybe this was a case of...

...but I just couldn't really get into this book.

Maybe my expectations were too high or maybe it was just the wrong book at the wrong time; this being that I'd just finished some pretty amazing novels and this one just didn't live up to them.

Seven was a cool, badass heroine and definitely not your typical female lead. But I found that her "tough as nails" personality was a bit too exaggerated for me to be realistic which made it hard for me to connect with her characte

Pam
4 stars
I am Seven James.

Seven James is not your ordinary girl, nope she is out for revenge and fun. The only stings she likes around her are her corsets and the only one she lets in her bed more than once is her best friend, Star. It’s not like their an item, they just know what to do to please each other, sometimes taking others with them, but no matter who is in the bed with them, Seven is always in control. At t
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

description

Dawn Robertson’s debut novel was a short and sexy read.

There were some errors scattered through out this story and one or two events that were on the cliche-ish side for me. However, the author’s ability to write kinky sex scenes, humorous dialogue and a fast paced story made it worth the read for me. The story line was pretty interesting as well. (Please read synopsis to see the various sexual situations which are presented in this story.)

Seven James the main character is pretty kic
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Well, I wrote a review but somehow it got lost here at goodreads.

The moral of my story is to write it in word and then transfer.

The moral of this story for me was basically we are all products of our parental environments and the love given to us as children. If we are told repeatedly we are worthless, never will amount to anything and were never wanted then that person has huge odds to overcome.
How an adult handles these obstacles and their desire to change is the story.

There was a lot of wi
DKristin
Oct 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-a-copy
I'm not going to waste too much time on this. If you saw my status updates you know how I feel. Firstly, it ended at the 90% mark the rest of the book is previews and what not, be warned!!! It was different and good for the first part of the book. Especially the (view spoiler). That is usually not something you see even when the female character is dominant.

At some point though it just started to get really pedestrian. I've read this story a million times alread
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5 STARS REVIEW TO COME

[image error]
Patrycja
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kinky - me likey.

If you need some kinky and sexy lovin’ Hers is a book for you. It’s incredibly hot and out of this world perverted read for every fan of some great erotica. I was turn on more times that I could count and enjoyed immensely the main character, Seven and her ‘free spirit’.
J *deep in the heart of Texas*

Eye-Opening
HOT
Funny
Over-the-Top

As well as a bit inconsistent and contradictory and a bit cliche. Not to mention in need of an editor STAT!!

Case in point:
"I am a gluten for punishment when it comes to dangerous men."

There were several like that-that actually made me LOL!

Overall, this story definitely had potential. It was different then anything I've read lately. Seven, the heroine was a badass. She was funny. The story begins with her being d
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
 photo vxp25c_zps206881e4.gif

That’s right! My name is motherfucking Seven James, bitches! No one ever gave me anything and I’ve never asked for what I want; I take it! I demand respect and I don’t apologize for being a slut. My family sucks. I only have one true friend in the world and that is questionable at times. I never fuck the same man twice and if you can’t get down with a threesome with my BFF, then keep on steppin’!

And THAT is Seven James, well, that WAS Seven James until one of her little playthings turned into
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
**** 3 1/2 Kinky Stars ****

I'm a bit confused about my feelings on this book.  In the beginning, I was wondering where the storyline was heading but enjoying the role of Mistress Marilyn with the fetish for sexy undies but then it switched gears and there was more story and almost non-existent kink.  The book actually turned into a bit of a sappy romance.  There is one romantic scene that was set in the London Ferris Wheel that had me squirming in my seat and swooning at the same time!

I wanted m
Elaine
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a fun read this was

4 Tantalizing Stars

Meet Seven James

photo celeb3_zps9eb75507.gif
The child of hippy parents. Seven has always felt unwanted. Even her childhood sweetheart Daniel Alexander casts her a side for a trophy girlfriend..

“You are nothing more than a good fuck, and a warm body.” He should have just carved my heart right out of my chest at that moment. “Seven, you aren't a forever kind of girl.”

Determined to succeed in life and to fi
Vanessa
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hell...need a cold shower...and compose my very dirty thoughts...damn. Review to COME...

**FULL REVIEW**

“Out of all the hookups in my life, and fucking believe me, there have been plenty, something like this has never happened. Ever. Work and play have never crossed paths, and honestly, I never thought I’d see the day when they did.”

Seven James is one bad-ass chick. She doesn’t take ish from anyone, especially men. Having the background she does, and her one failed attempt at love are just
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
My review and others are also posted on my FB blog (http://tinyurl.com/k7yukmx)

ARC Provided by the author for an honest review:

A scorching hot, panty wetting read!!

I am Seven James.

"Sinners" and Swingers" isn't your typical bar, people here know me as "Mistress Marilyn, not "Seven."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Her eyes encounter a guy, he is new, he turns and she catches sight of the most intense and beautiful blue eyes she had ever encountered.
Thedarkerhalf
Oct 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Lately it’s like every other book I read is getting a low star review. I figure it’s because I have been reviewing a lot of first time authors lately who are still trying to find their voice. I was planning to review Hers by Dawn Robertson as a first time author and give her the same benefit I give all my first time authors, a little leeway. That was until I got halfway through and realize that I had heard this voice before.

I am not here trying to warn you about plagiarism, from what I can tell
Robin B
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: jenny
Oh lordy. Where to start.

First. This book needs MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR editing.

Continuing on- this book had tons of potential, but fell flat on its face. I WANTED to like Seven and connect with her. I WANTED to like Levi. But I just didn't. I don't feel as if we ever got a real connection established between us (the readers) and the characters. Nor did I really feel the connection (other than sex) between Seven and Levi.

It doesn't help that we are told so many little things about the past, things
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
Hers

Well slap my ass and call me silly, cause this book wasn’t at all as awesome as I was thinking it would be. IT WAS BETTER. Completely entertaining and engrossing. I never wanted it to end. I enjoyed the writing style and the descriptions were written so well I could envision the scene, but without wanting to scoop my eyeballs out. Total win.
”I came here with the intentions of being nice, civil, even friendly. People don’t get friendly from me, especially when I am their boss. But I gave you the
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
3.5 Stars

Jointly reviewed with a special appearance by our Male Reviewer, The Malebox for Totallybookedblog.com

description

Jenny: Okay guys, where to start with Hers. First off, readers should check out the synopsis and the warning….this does contain all sorts of sex situations and ummm yeah, it certainly was HOT. In fact it was pure entertaining filth. Levi was bloody gorgeous, Seven was kick arse and.….I was completely addicted and I felt kind of perverse reading some scenes and although I had a few
Angelina
5 Fuckin' Fuck, Sexy as Hell Stars!!

OH.MY.FUCKING.GOSH!! Fist of all this book is freaking fantastic!! I freaking love it!! Though Im not really kinda into those type of books with sexually explicit situations that include FF, FMF, and MFM interactions cause it really bothers the hell out of me but I take the risk and read this book and I find myself really hooked into it.

HERS

This book leaves me
Kara
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow! I was super pleasantly surprised by this one!!
Laura Carson
*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

5 gut wrenching stars

Seven James knows who she is, she has flaws,she loves sex and owns it. Call her a whore, call her what you will, she'll smile and move on. Not many people are allowed in to know the real heartbreak she hides behind the ball breaker woman in charge persona at work or the Mistress Marilyn shell on the right night. When she gets the chance for revenge on her x-boyfriend, the one who broke the last piece of her hea
Monika
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Four Stars

I am Seven James.

This book had me at blurb.
But, it turns out there is so much more than those on blurbs.

Seven James is one badass independent woman with filthy mouth (so dirty I want to wash her mouth out with soap!). I always have weaknesses with a strong heroine and Seven is the real deal. Seven's inner thought is my favorite.

“Fucking God I hate guys who wear skinny jeans. Whoever thought making chick jeans
Niccisbookblog higginson
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is recommended for readers of 18+

Hers is a book packed to the roof with hot sexiness it contains BDSM, M/F/F, M/M/F,F/F, all sorts of toys, and a sex club.

Seven is a amazing character shes hot, covered in tattoos, hard as nails on the outside, strong willed, Ballsy, funny as all get out, she has a twisted sense of humor, very honest, full of passion. But Seven is so very broken on the inside.

Seven hides from emotion and uses sex as a game, a means to a end.
Seven is a great business wom
KDiddlee
Oct 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
It took me almost a week to get through this book, and I had the nagging feeling I had read it somewhere before. It was chock full of spelling and grammatical errors, along with a lack of proper punctuation, fragmented sentences, and dialogue that was hard to follow and extremely immature ("Oh yes! Right there big boy." - really?!).

All it took was a dozen or more "chaste kisses" as well as a whole lot of "snaking" going on (arms behind backs; people on the dance floor; tongues in and out of ears
Kim Bailey
3.5 Stars

Seriously hot sex is not enough to have me fall in love with a book. This one had some extremely hot moments though.
The overall story was decent - nothing earth shattering or unique, but solid and believable. Everything that happens in this book is actually very realistic. But for some reason I didn't feel any real connection to the characters. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't feel anything for them. I can't even pinpoint a reason why - other than I thought a lot of Seven's problems w
twelvejan [Alexandria]
Don't take my word for it. Cos CRs and I are mortal enemies. I don't give two hoots about the MCs, and hell no to insta-ttraction.

description

Conclusion: Inconclusive. I can't be the judge of something I care not.
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Reviewed by J& G and MB on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/10/...

Jenny:
Okay guys, where to start with Hers. First off, readers should check out the synopsis and the warning….this does contain all sorts of sex situations and ummm yeah, it certainly was HOT. In fact it was pure entertaining filth. Levi was bloody gorgeous, Seven was kick arse and.….I was completely addicted and I felt kind of perverse reading some scenes and although I had a few issues with the storyline I couldn’
Mara De Guzman
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Scorching Stars!

Romance is for old housewives and desperate twats.

Holy sizzling erotica! What did I just read? I would like it to be known that I am not huge on threesomes and menage and F/F action but whew this book got me all hot and bothered!
What made me uncomfortable in other books, Dawn Robertson succeeded in getting me so hooked I’m left with wanting more. So, what Seven James mentioned in the quote above, Hers is full of not plain romancing but hot, heavy, and erotic scenes.

I am at n
Maria's Book Blog
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
After reading the synopsis & seeing all the 5 star reviews I was immediately drawn to this book. The description alone makes it seem sexy, intense and exciting. The blurb really does a great job of building up the hype (as a good blurb should), but at the same time it creates a high level of expectation which I don't think was entirely met. For me, this was a solid 2 star read. I'm not one to pick on typos or grammatical errors unless they interrupt my reading flow, and while the errors were ...more
Naughty with a To...: Dawn Robertson 1 3 Aug 27, 2014 07:00PM
  • First Kiss (Emma's Arabian Nights, #1)
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
  • The Gate (The Dark Path, #1)
  • Knots
  • Breaking Perfect
  • Used (Getting Inside of V, #1)
  • The Art of D/s Trilogy (The Art of D/s, #1-3)
  • Dom Wars: Round One (Dom Wars, #1)
  • Tantalized
  • The Suicide Princess
  • Fever Dream (BDSM Ballet, #2)
  • Red
  • Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #1)
  • Control
  • Seductive Shadows (Shadows, #1)
  • My Body-His (Marcello) (My Body Trilogy, #2)
  • VIP (VIP, #1)
  • Chairman of the Whored (Whored, #1)
Three times best selling author Dawn Robertson was born and raised in Connecticut before relocating to Florida in 2013. The same year first novel, Hers debuted as an Amazon Best Seller. Replicating that success with two additional novels in the following years.

The Indie publishing world has grown to love her raw writing style depicting strong
women in real life situations, topping the charts in e
More about Dawn Robertson

Hers (6 books)
  • Finding Willow (Hers, #2)
  • Kink the Halls (Hers, #2.5)
  • This Girl Stripped (Hers, #3)
  • Seven's Diary (Hers, #3.5)
  • His (Hers, #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be